[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this one of the better examples of a show over time killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Is this one of the better examples of a show over time killing of a main character's pacifistic nature because of more intense fighting?

Someone brought up that Hayate hasn't done his dancing thing ever since that first time he killed someone and hasn't tried to "disable" an enemy since Messer died.
>>
>>14574677

I wouldn't use that particular instance since (a) he never kills anyone and (b) he's only so berserk because of Freyja's unwitting interference. He's normally not that intense and while he doesn't dance anymore he didn't dance a lot in Delta before Messer died either. Sadly, since that was one of the show's more interesting elements in episode one. I think he's done it twice since.

It's an example of it, but I don't know that I'd call it a great example, because there really only seems to be Messer's death as an point of characterization in the loss. It seems to have happened, but it wasn't really an over time thing since it was just that one thing that acted as the change. I'm not sure of any other examples and it does feel quite natural though, so while it might not have been over time it's still probably a good example.
>>
>>14574677
>hasn't tried to "disable" an enemy since Messer died.
To be fair, they only do that against mindcontrolled NUNS pilots, not the Aerial Knights.
>>
>>14574710
No, remember in episode 8, he had a clear shot at Bogue's cockpit and could have easily shot it but they made a point of showing him having intentionally shoot the leg thrusters
>>
>>14574721

He might do the same given a chance and time to choose his target in future though. He's only really tried to kill Keith since, who he was trying to kill before Messer died too. Which seems to be more because he has to go all in against him and doesn't have the time or opportunity to choose a non killing shot. If he kills someone when presented the chance not too or its never brought up again in show then you might be able to say he dropped it, but it's pretty unclear at the moment.
>>
>>14574721
Delta(and Hayate)'s stance on doing that kind of things is simply the fact that its hard to do them.

Hayate only spared him because he outmaneuvered him and had the luxury to choose whether he wanted to spare him, and Bogue wasn't that much of a threat anyway.
>>
>>14574702
Didn't he kill one of the rookie aerial knights?
>>
>>14574677
Alto was All In on genociding the Vajra at one point wasn't he?

Granted Alto was always a jerk.
>>
>>14575887
Genociding space bugs is never wrong.
>>
File: Rygart loses it.webm (2MB, 464x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rygart loses it.webm
2MB, 464x480px
Did someone say "abandoning one's pacifism"?
>>
>>14575887
Alto wasn't really ever not for killing the Vajra.
>>
>>14575881

He did yea, but when I said he never killed anyone I probably should have worded it better since I meant he never killed anyone in the episode the OP is taking the picture from, so it's a bad instance to take him as someone who does kill from.
>>
>>14576034
Man that dude had it fucking rough.

Shame he didn't move on from his high school crush as much as he should of.
>>
>>14576034
>That disappointed face she makes.
>>
>>14574677
>goes from not really wanting to kill to being infected with the T-Virus
>loses the one thing that made him stand out as a pilot

Eh.
>>
>>14576692

The one thing that made him stand out as a pilot was breakdancing in battriod mode. Which he hasn't lost so much as just misplaced.
>>
>>14576034
>All that realization,rage,more rage,reconciliation,sadness, and insanity
>all conveyed in a few seconds
damn I really need to finish this
>>
>>14576692
>loses the one thing that made him stand out as a pilot
Basara already is the ur-example of not wanting to kill in Macross, and actually I feared Hayate would just be a modern version of that who didn't sing. As >>14576707 said, his dancing was his most unique skill but that got beaten out of him.

I'd say his absolute near-symbiosis with Freyja makes him stand out though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.