[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the V2AB far enough above the OYW's tech level that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: V-assault-tv.jpg (429KB, 1024x693px) Image search: [Google]
V-assault-tv.jpg
429KB, 1024x693px
Is the V2AB far enough above the OYW's tech level that it could have soloed A Baoa Qu?

>I Field generators shit over early beam weapons.
>VSBRs laugh at early I-fields.
>Minovsky Drive soundly overtakes anything "high mobility".
>Wings of Light can take down large swathes of grunts by itself.
>>
>>14572885
With all that anti-beam tech at a time when bazookas, machine guns, cannons, and missiles were still commonplace?

I hope it doesn't get hit by random fire, considering that the physical armor protection isn't great unless it's gonna spend all the time cloaked in its own wings of light.
>>
By the time transforming MS appeared in Zeta OYW suits were dinosaurs
>>
>>14572937
Maybe just move fast enough to not get hit? The V2 was incredibly fast, small and nimble. Maybe less so with the AB parts on, but it can "shed" those so it shouldn't really be an issue.
That being said, to answer OP's question as to whether the V2AB could have solo'd A Baoa Qu -- it would depend on the pilot. Does it have CCA-Amuro or late-Victory Üso piloting it? Then probably. Anyone else? Not without great difficulty.
>>
>>14572885
But the -real- question is "why is the V2 so sexy?"
>>
>>14572972
>By the time transforming MS appeared in Zeta OYW suits were dinosaurs
I don't know where people keep getting this idea. Many of them were still perfectly combat capable and a threat to modern suits.

Shit, we see an old RX-77-3, one of the slower MS of it's time, literally stomp a Nemo at one point.

Just because older suits aren't up to spec in every field compared to modern ones doesn't mean they're not a threat. A guy armed with a Colt .45 can still outshoot a guy with a brand spanking new modern pistol.
>>
>>14572885
I don't get how the hell Usso was able to pilot that thing with all those add-ons.
>>
I think it stands a fair shot.

Ultimately in boils down to whether it can take out all the units faster than it sustains damage from stray fire.
>>
File: FHS grippen package.png (1MB, 1024x1512px) Image search: [Google]
FHS grippen package.png
1MB, 1024x1512px
>>14573087

Differences between two handguns and between two military combat crafts are hardly comparable.
There isn't much difference between an early 20th century handgun and a modern one because they are simple things and there is little room for crucial evolutions or improvements.
Meanwhile, military combat crafts are complex and composed of many high-technology elements that will all evolve in major ways. A fighter aircraft from the late 30's has no chance against one from the late 40's, because jet engines, fire control systems, electrically assisted control surfaces, and many more things appeared in that very short timeframe and created a gigantic gap in performance. In later eras, advances in things like radar, missile range, ECM continued to enlarge the gap between obsolete machines and new models.
Gundam works the same, gaps in Mobile Suit performance mean that a GM is going to be a sitting duck against even the cheapest MS of the Zeta era, the Gaza-C, which is going to move too fast in MA form for the GM pilot to track in his non-360° cockpit and slower, non-transformable MS.
>>
>>14573087
>I don't know where people keep getting this idea. Many of them were still perfectly combat capable and a threat to modern suits.

From the start of Zeta as several titan pilots were bitching shorting before being blown up how outdated their GM II's were compared to a Rick Dias. Let alone the stuff that showed up later.
>>
>>14573406
I post this

>>14573396
This shows up in its place then mine appears
>>
>>14573309
it's just extra armor and guns

what difference does it make?
>>
>>14573406
that and the argama crew were saying it was suicide to go out in battle with the gelgoog they recovered and fixed up with nemo parts
>>
>>14573087
Yeah but in this case the guy with the modern pistol is faster and has several times more body armour. The pistol can't even scratch him. A better comparison would be a WWI tank against a Vietnam era tank.
>>
>>14573309
He had Haro.
>>
>>14573441
No, the OYW era suits had more than enough firepower to destroy the Nemos, Rick Dias, and GM II suits with a single shot.
>>
>>14573451
But you still have to hit them first
all the firepower in the world won't help you if you can't hit your target. And in the case of the V2 here it has beam shields it can laugh off any attck
>>
>>14572937
V2's sensor range is far longer than anything in OYW, there's nothing to stop it from blasting through the entire fleet with its cannons from outside of their range.
>>
>>14573469
just because a nemo can doesn't mean it goes that fast all the time, otherwise those nemo would never have been shot down by goufs

>>14573477
minovsky jamming still plays a role and combat still gets into closer ranges, and despite long sensor ranges mobile suits in victory aren't sniping each other from 5-10 kilometres away
>>
>>14573528
No but thats what beam shields are for as well as anything with in 10KM of me dies beam wings

Jamming does play a part but his sensors are also 80 years newer and built with 80 years of experience of working in minovsky rich combat environments. So he will still have a huge range and detection advantage on top of his already crazy speed and defense compared to anything else of that time period.
>>
My vote is that as long as Uso plays it smart, yes. He'd be doing a lot of kiting and watching for traps, as well as sniping with the cannon, smart use of WoL, and a chance to return to a ship to refuel would give him the battle. He's basically invincible to OYW-era beam weapons and can out-maneuver dozens of opponents at once with ease.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2MB, 5690x3931px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2MB, 5690x3931px
>>14573528
>mobile suits in victory aren't sniping each other from 5-10 kilometres away
>>
>>14573621
Wasn't the pilot a newtype though?
>>
>>14573396
>Gundam works the same
No, it doesn't. It's literally exactly like that handgun analogy; older suits are still perfectly good in combat with the right pilot at the helm. I don't even need to argue for it; there's plenty of examples of old suits being used extremely effectively; Gouf Flight types destroying GM IIs at Jaburo, Guncannon Heavy Arms Type stomping a Nemo to non-functionality, Old Desert type MS and Gelgoogs giving the Gundam Team a hard time in ZZ, Doms wrecking Nemos at Torrington, Old OYW-era aquatic MS making a mockery of GM IIs at the same battle, etc.

Then MSV-R not only shows that older MS can keep up with modern or newer tech with the right pilot, but it can be upgraded to the point where they surpass it. Johnny Ridden is piloting a Gelgoog that can go toe-to-toe with a souped-up Gaplant, there's a Heavy Gundam flying around that can knock around just about anything from the early 0090's with ease short of shit like Nu Gundam or Sazabi.

And before anyone says
>but manga is not canon!
That is not how Sunrise's rules of Correct History work.

>>14573469
The question wasn't whether or not the V2 could take on stuff from the OYW; the question was whether or not it could solo the entire battle of A Baoa Qu.

And the answer is a loud "no." Sure, V2 could probably wreck a good amount of the fleet at S-field or N-field, but even assuming that none of the extremely skilled ace pilots from the Chimera Corps or a lucky grunt doesn't manage to get a lucky hit in on the rather comparably fragile miniaturized MS, the V2 has a finite amount of useable fuel (Minovsky drive or no, it still needs maneuvering verniers) and ammunition for it's beam rifle. This isn't taking into account pilot fatique or the fact that this lone, extremely fast, extremely powerful MS literally has the entirety of Zeon's fleet bombarding it. Uso cannot be perpetually dodging incoming fire AND keeping up a barrage of his own in the meantime.
>>
>>14573621
Still kinda true. The Zanneck was sniping the ground from high atmosphere, it was meant for far beyond just 5-10km.
>>
>>14573700
Zeonwank is not an accurate portrayal of the quality of a mobile suit.
>>
File: RX-77-3 vs Nemo.png (1MB, 796x705px) Image search: [Google]
RX-77-3 vs Nemo.png
1MB, 796x705px
>>14573714
>Zeonwank is not an accurate portrayal of the quality of a mobile suit.
And shitty memes aren't a proper case of counter evidence.

Don't know what to tell you, there is no MS outside of maybe high-tier AU bullshit that can solo A Baoa Qu, and older shit has been shown, since Zeta, to be capable of fighting newer MS with the right pilot, and the idea that they're simply incapable of being a threat to newer mobile suits is an idea pettled by dummies, both in-universe and IRL.
>>
>>14573700
>Then MSV-R not only shows that older MS can keep up with modern or newer tech with the right pilot, but it can be upgraded to the point where they surpass it.

I really have to get around to reading MSV-R.

I heard the Matsunaga chapters are shit, but the rest of it I've heard good things. Is it worth picking up?
>>
>>14573753
>And shitty memes aren't a proper case of counter evidence.
I don't have any webms on me, but I'm sure somebody will be happy to post Doms valiantly defeating mobile suits that don't even twitch as they're attacked.
>>
File: aboaqu.jpg (426KB, 1714x780px) Image search: [Google]
aboaqu.jpg
426KB, 1714x780px
For references sake, here's the entirety of Aboa Qus forces. I have no idea if it's canon or not.

If the V2 could fight them one on one it'd be ezpz, but there's a risk of simply getting dogpiled, or having the supply ship get blown up while Uso isn't watching.
>>
>>14573700

> That is not how Sunrise's rules of Correct History work.

Pretty sure their stance has always been manga are non-canon until otherwise stated since you bring it up and that Gunpla manuals go with the idea that lots of interpretations could be true because history is vague and hard to know for definite to explain all the different AUs.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (896KB, 3200x2129px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
896KB, 3200x2129px
>>14573770
If only they were lined up all nicely like that.
>>
>>14573779
You know, say you want about the Physalis, but those go-fast thrusters are actually really nice. Why don't we see anything like them anymore?
>>
>>14573621
that's like one out of thousands of victory era MS

is every goddamn grunt a zanneck?
>>
>>14573753
We aren't talking 0079 to 0086 though, we're talking nearly a hundred years. This is Uso, who was inflicting massive damage on contemporary enemy fleets in his own year. His mobile suit is nearly F91-tier fast, has wings of rape that are basically army-killers, has serious armor (not CCA-era but probably superior to most OYW mobile suits') thanks to the Assault Buster pack, a fuckoff cannon that could carve holes in enemy lines, and general extreme piloting ability. Most pilots were garbage by A Baoa Qu anyway because Zeon had been keeping their aces on the front lines to die and were left with inexperienced grunts for the most part. The Chimera Corps is great and all but even they would succumb to the absurd maneuvering speed of the V2AB, assuming that we're even counting them as in the battle. Win conditions aren't 100% kill rate, it's to destroy A Baoa Qu base and rout the enemy. Plenty of aces retreated at that point.

>>14573763
Return of Johnny Ridden is great, although upgrading older units is besides the point because we're talking about mobile suits in the year 0079.
>>
>>14573700
But this unit is just overpowered enough to pull it off. Along with Uso being a strong newtype himself he has more combat experience than 99% of the entire Zeon force he's facing. Most of the Zeon MS at this point are being piloted by cadets they have very few full fledged pilots left and even fewer who have seen much combat by this point. VS one of UC's greatest murder machines in one of the most powerfulest Gundams in UC.

If he charges in like its a DW Gundam game yeah he could be brought down, But playing it smart he can do this, snipe at range, lure out groups of enemies keep attacking from vastly different areas. then finally fly in to kill the main group. A lot of which could be destroyed by just flying past them with his beam wings. Don't even have worry about using the guns just do some fancy flying and kill hordes of enemies
>>
>>14573763
The Johnny Ridden manga and the Shin Matsunaga manga are totally separate stories that have nothing to do with each other. The only reason they have MSV-R in their official names is because they both feature machines from the MSV-R lineup.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSV-R
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSV-R%3A_The_Return_of_Johnny_Ridden
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Universal_Century_Heroes:_MSV-R

It's worth noting that the Johnny Ridden manga is by the Ark Performance group, they do a great job of storytelling (no Zeon penis fluffing like in the Shin Matsunaga manga) and I also recommend their other work, "The Plot to Assassinate Gihren".
>>
>>14573805
There's still the issue of combat resources and pilot fatigue to worry about. Sure, V2 can recharge it's beam weapons faster than older suits, but the supply is still limited, and the maneuvering he's going to be doing to dodge incoming fire? That consumes fuel, and the V2 cannot maneuver using the WoL alone, and while the wings of light can take out a squadron with the right timing, they are most certainly not army killers, especially in space where mobile suits can scatter and evade more effectively. Besides, you just put Uso up against the ENTIRE Zeon Fleet. He can only handle so much, and EVERYONE will be gunning for him. Sure, a beam shield can handle a 360mm bazooka. What it can't handle is six or seven squadrons of MS gangbanging him into cocking up and taking that one hit that sinks him.

What OP should have said is can the League Militaire solo A Baoa Qu with V2AB, in which case, they serve a much higher change than a single really good mobile suit that is not immune to Zerg rush tactics. Uso has never fought without the League Militaire backing him up. He may have been the lynchpin behind most operations, but he was not the backbone of the entire war effort, and he would be nothing without them at his side. Pitting him into a battle a century ago isn't going to change that, since the rules of engagement are still very similar in space and V2, while extremely powerful, is not omnipotent.
>>
>>14573794
People are somehow annoyed by the idea that something with massive thrusters can go very quickly, faster than newer suits that don't have massive thrusters.

Gundam Sentinel has a lot more of that if you want, though. I've heard someone use the term "thrusterfuck" to describe a few of the mobile suits/armors in there.
>>
>>14573770
Wow that Salamis fleet is pretty fucking paltry considering the fact that they can be taken out by a single Zaku strafing the bridge. I bet Feddie casualties consisted mostly of dead Salamisniggers and just a handful of pilots. LMAO what a shitty shitship.
>>
>>14573877
hahahah zeon got beaten by the shittiest ships in existance
>>
I dunno if It could solo, but I recal the V2 having extremely high visual range, and being able to pick off ships from extremely far off. It would probably be able to do some serious damage before Zeon figured out what was happening.
>>
Usso would need still need league militaire backing him up.
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v12-001.jpg (447KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v12-001.jpg
447KB, 1129x1600px
>>14573859
>It's worth noting that the Johnny Ridden manga is by the Ark Performance group, they do a great job of storytelling (no Zeon penis fluffing like in the Shin Matsunaga manga) and I also recommend their other work, "The Plot to Assassinate Gihren".

The Return of Johnny Ridden and The Plot to Assassinate Gihren are my two favorite gundam mangas of all time, I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't read them. Ark Performance really knows how to tell a good story and illustrate incredible battle scenes.
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v12-162.jpg (432KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v12-162.jpg
432KB, 1129x1600px
>>14573771
>Pretty sure their stance has always been manga are non-canon until otherwise stated
Not him, but to sum up a old sunrise exec adorably fumbling around with the issue, their current stance is "What's animated is official, but what's not animated is not NOT canon."

>>14573763
Read it. Yazan's back and he's fabulous.
>mfw Heavy Gundam moves with no pilot in it
>>
>>14574104
I'd be honest I would've flipped the fuck out if that happened to me.
>>
A similar question is "Could the Quanta take the entire ELS invasion?" The answer, of course, is yes if the pilot was capable of fighting for two whole weeks of unbroken combat..
>>
>>14574160
Don't forget the ELS not having assimilation and shapeshifting abilities in that simulation.
>>
I haven't gotten to Victory yet, but the appearance of the V2AB alone would have most pilots retreating out of fear.
>>
>>14574165
Not really, lots of things in Victory are overpowered. V2AB just happens to be one of the most overpowered and piloted by a ridiculously competent pilot even without Newtype abilities.
>>
>>14574175
Exactly. Sure people have seen some fast mechs already during the oyw, but the V2AB is on a whole different level.
Most of the pilots at Baoa Qu were rookies as the aces and adults were largely dead.
Seeing the V2AB doing anything at all would cause retreat.

At first they might try to come all at once to dogpile it, but the V2AB could easily fly to a safe distance and blast them from there. Then they'll realize that their endeavours are futile.
It'll be like when Setsuna was clearing out those Anfs in the Exia. Totally one sided.
>>
>>14574182
Oh, I misunderstood your statement. Yeah, if they thought three times faster was hot shit then they'd shit themselves to see V2AB zipping around with wings of destruction in its wake, ignoring the crazy sniping/artillery action that would be going on.
>>
Ammunition aside, wasn't Amuro basically soloing A Baoa Qu in the RX-78 up until he met the Zeong? He may not have been alone but he was cutting through anything in his path a dozen times faster than his allies could.
>>
>>14574202
When OP says "solo", he means "fight everyone else", not "survive on the battlefield". As in Uso by himself facing down the entire Federation and Zeon forces combined.
>>
>>14574207
No, I meant just Zeon.

To be even more specific, I meant "win the battle for the Federation" since that was sort of the point of A Baoa Qu.
>>
>>14574104
>Yazan's back and he's fabulous.

>bodyguarding cyber newtype ace loli
>wrecking face against crazy rebuilt Gelgoogs in a GM III custom
>wrecking face against crazy rebuilt Gelgoogs in a stock Gaplant
Sadly he hasn't had a chance to VIOLATE yet.
>>
>>14574309
I seem to recall him seeing Ridden's Gelgoog fighting it out and deciding that he didn't want to deal with that.
>>
What other mobile suits could possibly solo aboa qu?

Get Turn A out of the way, it's too obvious.
>>
>>14574325
Turn X.
>>
>>14574325
>>14574325

god gundam
perfect g-self
>>
>>14574325
Very few. Maybe Double X and Wing Zero can do it with their fuckoff big beam blast cannons if just destroying the fortress is all they're looking to do, or 00 Raiser Quanta could knock it out with the big fuckoff sword. Short of that, not many MS would have the necessary firepower or operational time to take on everything, V2AB included. It just simply doesn't have enough to take on the whole fortress and it's fleet.
>>
>>14574325

Strike Freedom
>>
>>14573805

> His mobile suits if nearly F-19 tier fast

The V2 makes the F-91 look like it's standing still and can accelerate at roughly 5 times the speed with roughly twice the power. No top speed in atmosphere is ever given for either, nor is a combat speed in space given, but with that acceleration and power differential as well as the fact it's using an entirely new type of engine the likelihood is the V2's top speed is better too. I certainly wouldn't assume worse without some kind of proof.

The F-91 isn't faster because it can create after images, regardless of whether they have mass, because they're not created purely through speed and the unit itself dictates their creation by a physical process using the radiator fins and cooling system.
>>
>>14574325
Turns
God
Devil
Wing Zero
DX
G-Self
00 Quanta
>>
I feel like you have to take morale into account too.

By A Baoa Qu, Zeon was spent and packing rookies who'd heard terror stories of the White Devil. If the V2AB were to soar in there like the fist of an angry god, a lot of soldiers might just outright flee.

Winning A Baoa Qu doesn't mean killing everyone, it means killing Gihren or maybe capturing the base. Both of which are easy for the V2; its targeting sensors are powerful enough it could just snipe Gihren's ship with the Buster's shoulder cannon, and with the WoL it could do a quick rush to the base where it could wreak absolute havoc with further use of the WoL.
>>
>>14574357
You don't have to destroy the fortress. You could just murder everyone until they flee or surrender.
>>
>>14573770
Why aren't the Balls counted on that?
>>
>>14573770

Man the White Base and it's color scheme really stands out when placed next to the Magellan and Salamis like that.
>>
>>14574325
The Zanneck
DX
Physalis
Xi and Penelope
ZZ if judau got really hectic
Patulia
Yggdrasil
Neo Zeong
>>
>>14574423
I always figured that the V2 was far faster than the F91 (Earth to Jupiter in a week kind of fast), but less manoeuvrable.
>>
>>14574325
Any of the 3rd Generation or higher Gundams from 00 could do it.
>>
>>14579937

The wings of light make it more maneuverable I think. When it's not using them it might be less maneuverable than the F91. Using them though it can outdo it in my opinion.
>>
If it's just a matter of winning the battle yes, but if it has to destroy all of the forces I think the sheer numbers will win
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.