[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to Universal Studios Florida this past weekend. They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

I went to Universal Studios Florida this past weekend. They have a Transformers ride. Most people hang out at the Harry Potter ride so it was fairly easy to get on Transformers. I was actually very impressed with it despite it being Bayformers. There was no shakycam crap, since they can't do that in a ride -- the only shaking is from the ride vehicle. It is almost identical to the Spider-Man ride, where you sit in a vehicle and it moves you on a track between 3D scenes with an illusion of motion.

The best part is the illusion of scale that you have. You actually feel like you're in an Autobot in car mode with giant robots all around you. And when the Autobot spins his tires, they actually make the ride vehicle feel like your tires are peeling out. If you're in one of the places they have Universal Studios, definitely check it out.

There used to be a Gundam motion simulator ride at Fuji-Q Highland in Yamanashi Prefecture where you moved through A Baoa Qu. https://youtu.be/kOC1JyAcIqQ

Anyone else know of any good /m/ themed rides at any amusement parks around the world?
>>
File: someones_gonna_end_up_crying.jpg (157KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
someones_gonna_end_up_crying.jpg
157KB, 500x398px
>There will never be a SRW themed ride where you're a mecha pilot teaming up with all your favorite mecha to take down evil
>>
>>14571255
there was a 999 coaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7kT4pEzTfs

Yokohama Exotic Showcase `89 had some 3d/live stage/misc attraction roughly similar to MuppetVision 3d and Alien Encounter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0ASiFD3Y8
It's got aliens, a robot, pretty sure Furuya voices somebody in it. Basically it's Generic OVA The Experience
>>
>>14571291
wait that wasn't 3d, there was a 3d movie at that though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY22ca4UN74
>>
File: Takabisha-Roller-Coaster-3.jpg (197KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Takabisha-Roller-Coaster-3.jpg
197KB, 768x1024px
>>14571291
Japanese coasters don't mess around on the whole. The ones in Fuji-Q Highland are particularly intense, far moreso than Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit.

But these don't let you pick Kickstart My Heart as your background music. But it does go from 0-107 MPH in 1.6 seconds, which is so fast you can't really hear correctly.
>>
>>14571319
neat

I'm not much into coasters
>>
File: devil worship implement.jpg (186KB, 1267x941px) Image search: [Google]
devil worship implement.jpg
186KB, 1267x941px
>>14571328
I'm usually a big chicken, as I grew up on a steady diet of Epcot educational rides. But I can do some coasters.

It occurred to me that Kong is sort of kaiju themed, and they just rolled that out. That's an interesting ride, as it's a free roaming motion simulator vehicle, but has no track, and uses 3D screens on all sides of the vehicle.

I got a devil worship implement at the Harry Potter thing.
>>
File: 453318489_cb53b629a0_o.jpg (334KB, 510x655px) Image search: [Google]
453318489_cb53b629a0_o.jpg
334KB, 510x655px
>>14571367
I still haven't caught Harry Potter yet. Looks neat

Wife and I have been on the fence about passes for a while. We're busy enough that we're not sure we'll get our money's worth out of an AP, but single days are so expensive that it's hard to justify that.

And she's not big on HP, neither of us are into thrill rides really, she's keen on Frozen and to a lesser extent princess shit, so we're waffling between eventually Uni or WDW passes.

I hear good stuff about the Uni food, especially for the prices compared to Disney.
>>
>>14571378
Yeah, the restaurants at Universal are cheap. Most are $14-15, and the "expensive" ones are around $22. We ate at Mythos, and at the San Francisco themed restaurant, and both were fantastic.

Disney no longer moulds faces onto their animatronics, they project them on so they look hyper realistic. The animatronics have evolved far beyond Universal's in terms of range of motion. If you're not into HP or thrill rides, Disney is the place to go.

Truth be told I still prefer Disney. But they really need to get Imagination overhauled back to its drug trip induced 80s style.
>>
>>14571405
>figment
>jesusing
not sure if euphoric
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.