[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechamon Playtest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: splash.png (21KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
splash.png
21KB, 512x384px
Howdy,

We're not Crashman or X-Wing. We're a just a pair of anons who are working on our own version of Mechamon. We've appeared in some of the MM threads, and have been floating ideas, until the past 2 weeks, when we sat down together and shat out a playtest. We know each other personally, so setting aside time to dev has never been an issue.

Our ideas are pretty new, so we wanted some input before we move forward.

We're releasing a playtest, a proof of concept containing a bit of everything we'd like to include in the game. We're also releasing a design document; an explanation of the game's design and the direction we'd like to take. Keep in mind, the current tilesets and NPC sprites are placeholders.

This is a cursed project, but I hope we can work together to release something >fun

Design Doc & download
http://pastebin.com/x2Mxricg

Feel free ask us anything you'd like to know, we want this game made as much as you do.

coming SOON

sahib, we've been waiting
>>
File: Untitled2.png (75KB, 515x391px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
75KB, 515x391px
>>
File: Untitled.png (57KB, 513x390px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57KB, 513x390px
>>
File: U3ntitled.png (35KB, 514x390px) Image search: [Google]
U3ntitled.png
35KB, 514x390px
>>
I don't get it.
>>
File: 1454376653655.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1454376653655.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>14570128
What's not to get?
>>
File: 1377549024830.gif (3MB, 386x286px) Image search: [Google]
1377549024830.gif
3MB, 386x286px
well shit
>>
while i disagree with the color scheme for the in-battle UI as shown in your screenshots, good luck anyways
>>
>2 days after and only 7 replies.

What happened?

You guys used to be all about MechaMon to the point that you ignored SRWE to focus on it.

Hell, it's why I can't stand Pokemon today.

Now it takes you 2 days to get 7 replies?
>>
>>14569732
Honestly it looks interesting. I'll give a better response once I've read through the doc and played the sample.
>>
>>14578627
pokemon go might have killed the craze.
>>
For some reason I can't download the thing.

>>14569813
That sprite belongs to the YF-19
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 544x544px
OP here.

>>14579082
We're reuploading the game with some hotfixes, could you describe what happens when you try to run it? Thanks.

>>14578267
It's a total placeholder, the text is waay too dark

We have other versions of the battle UI, I'll post them in a bit

>>14579031
Thanks! If you haven't, I'd wait for the reupload, it'll be up by friday/Saturday

Dumb mistake with the YF
>>
>>14579031
Okay,
Overall I like how you've laid out the design document with all your cards on the table. It gives me confidence that you guys know what you're doing.

Personally, I suck at Pokemon, so I'd say implement a system like Pokemon Insurgence, where people can choose to do the nuzlocke challenge.o something like Methus->Z->Re-GZ, and ZZ could do its own thing because honestly its not really that related to the Z family

As for the mechamon themselves:
I think RX-78's evolution line would work better as 78->Alex->Nu
Then for the Zeta you could do something like Methuss->Zeta->Re-GZ or ZZ because while the Gump might come later in the timeline, its just a ZZ thats been kept together by Judau, not an upgrade.

For the valks, definitely look into using something like Aegislash's moves to transform from Battroid to fighter.

Then I see things like Gwei, without the Dragonars. For each series I would say to include the Protagonist mech, the final boss/main rival mech, and grunt mechs.

Also I'm a huge Getter-3 fag, and I'm disappointed that it's not on the list.

Ultimately these are all suggestions for you guys to take as you will. I'm super excited to see that someone else has the balls (and motivation) to make a ga/m/e. Godspeed and Good Luck!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.