[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /m/ i wanted to know some reasons for both people liking and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: latest.jpg (515KB, 1366x1513px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
515KB, 1366x1513px
So /m/ i wanted to know some reasons for both people liking and disliking the show strike witches. Now personally i like the idea of the show, humans fighting aliens with magic machines in ww2. i just wanted to know what people thought about it.
>>
Have you accepted Miyafuji as your lord and savior yet?
>>
File: give her the joystick.png (155KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
give her the joystick.png
155KB, 1000x700px
>>14569139
It's fun.
I like mecha musume though, so for other people they might not like that part.
>>
>>14569139
Anyone remember Sky Girls?
Seems like it was sorta forgotten about.
>>
I can't get past the fact that the universe developed in a way where girls just don't wear pants. at all.
>>
>>14569159
Could be worse.

Could be a world that worships space elevators.
>>
>>14569144
No, but a have a strange feeling that the end of the movie proves that some sort of deity was involved... or Huey Lewis
>>
>>14569159
Yay i just looked past it.
>>
>>14569159
I asked about this once and was told that since the Strike Witches can't wear pants with the Strike thingies, everyone else gave up wearing pants as a tumblr-esque show of solidarity so the Strike Witches wouldn't feel awkward.

Of course there was that one who wore tights, which kind of fucks up that whole explanation but whatever...

I thought it was a cute show, and it did a far better job of making ELS than the Gundam 00 movie did.
>>14569161
TRUTH
>>
I don't like this type of show since it's essentially moeshit and thus they cannot kill any of the girls or have them retire because it would lessen the show's merchandising potential. So what you get is a war with no stakes.
>>
File: 1209783715314.gif (74KB, 379x541px) Image search: [Google]
1209783715314.gif
74KB, 379x541px
>>14569151
I do. I think it's a pretty good show, too.
>>
>>14569151
Pretty good. Substantially better than Strike Witches, if you ask me.

The mechanics were bro as fuck. Best part of the show.
>>
>>14569309
l've got that on one of my hdd's somewhere, only watched like two episodes and got distracted by something. I really should finish that when I'm done with VOTOMS (and Mellowlink).
>>
>>14569139

I dislike Strike Witches because I dislike all mecha musume. Mecha musume is the cancer that's killing /m/.

(inb4 Tallgeese)
>>
>>14569309
I found Strike Witches enjoyable enough, but I like the overall mecha aesthetics better in Sky Girls. It also had an incredibly silly but therefore amusing premise of an entire generation dead, thus so many young cast members. Also the occasional clever thing, like paper letters being an unusual expense, or actual film being a rarity. And the Vic Viper.
>>
>>14569307
Mio was retired. The series spends agonizing amount of time on how she's past her prime and bound to get herself and others killed by refusing to throw in the towel.

She merely guest stars in the movie to do some drive by delivery work, rather than being the instigator of melodrama like she did in the first two seasons of the anime.

Now, if you want to bitch about a status quo, let me tell you of the gospel of Miyafujesus...
>>
>>14569151
I wanted to like Sky Girls more than I did, but I really didn't dig the girls' character designs. And the CG for the mecha in action didn't do much for me either.

But it had a good enough Vic Viper and it's not like there's going to be a fourth Gradius/Life Force OVA anytime soon, so I can deal with it.

I wish I was more of a WWII stuff nerd so I could really enjoy the references in Strike Witches.
>>
>>14569335

Tell me more.
>>
>>14569341
So there's this girl, right?
And she just wants to be a doctor, right?

But her magic power is fucking insane and her dad is also kinda the principle architect behind the weaponization of magical girl magic power.

So they conscript her and realize she sucks at fighting, but between her medic talent and a general desire to mamoru, they keep her.

Problem is that every 12 episodes she finds a new way to burn out her magic ability resulting in being discharged from service, only to recover her ability the moment a critical mass of plot-initiating conflict begins.

Oh but to her credit she us a decent character in the film, brandished a rifle against neuroi while depowered and all that shit, balls were the brassest they've ever been in her career.
>>
File: Type_99-1.jpg (8KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
Type_99-1.jpg
8KB, 512x192px
>>14569362
>brandished a rifle against neuroi while depowered
Wasn't she firing a Type 99 cannon from the hip while depowered?
She's got some pretty good strength for a teen girl.
>>
>>14569139
Usually the concept is the Pro for this series (unless you have an intense hatred for cute girls), but being that this is the /m/ board, there's a lot more loli butts than action scenes which either triggers people or just makes them bored until the next fight.

The narrative just kinda runs around in a circle too so it's not like other anime where even the non-fighting parts are entertaining.
>>
>>14569289

That's the reason? That's dumb.
>>
Any news on that there Brave Witches?

>>14569339
Sorry dorkly but I don't think Konami's ever making another Gradius game or OVA. Maybe they'll pachinko it up.

Honestly the best we can hope for is more cameos in Yu-Gi-Oh
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.