[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Gundam Blurays so goddamn pricey? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (531KB, 1114x636px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
531KB, 1114x636px
Why are the Gundam Blurays so goddamn pricey? They're like $40 a piece!
>>
>>14566177
That's what anime blurays that aren't incredibly popular in the west usually cost, m8
>>
But that's perfectly reasonable if not somewhat cheap for the market.

Try buying Japanese blu-rays sometime.
>>
Because we failed at keeping Bandai Entertainment (USA) alive.
>>
Japs are jews

I'm not kidding
>>
>>14566195
Wasn't one of the reasons they went out of business to begin with was because they charged upwards to $50 per dvd when other companies charged somewhere in the $30 range?
>>
>>14566198
lies
>>
>>14566209
No, Bandai's prices were actually very reasonable. Especially on those Anime Legends sets.
>>
File: 1468522676007.jpg (39KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
1468522676007.jpg
39KB, 700x350px
>poorfags complaning about $40 Blu-ray sets

Maybe you should do some chores around the house so mommy and daddy can give you a bigger allowance
>>
>>14566177
that's cheaper than the price of an average Anime Blu Ray, what are you smoking
>>
>>14566312
>edited to hide the evidence of her syphilis
>>
>>14566209

That was for Bandai Visual DVDs before anime BDs became a thing here
>>
>>14566177
I can't even tell if this is trolling.
>>
>>14566177
Yeah man, that's pretty good for 25 episodes of anime.
>>
>>14566312
>paying for missing content

The original Zeta DVDs convinced me to never buy a Bandai product again. Feels great.
>>
>>14566209
No, it was because they started licensing very fucking expensive "hot" properties like that H show which shall not be named, and didn't come close to breaking even on the sales over here.
>>
>>14566368
>Proud of wanting shitty J-Pop instead of based orchestral opening.
>>
>>14567747
Go back to your SEED containment threads, Muhammed
>>
>>14567747
>based orchestral opening.
You mean just taking a random piece of BGM from Zeta and placing it over the opening animation despite not matching it at all?
>>
>>14567747
To be fair, in addition to the OP/ED music changes (which weren't a deal breaker for me) that original Zeta dvd release had subtitle translation problems, and Bandai refused to do an exchange program for people to get the corrected version.

They then sold the corrected version separately after like a two year campaign of consistently telling people that initial limited edition box set release would be the only release of the show so everyone should definitely buy it while they could.

I mean, I bought it a second time to get those fixed subs because it's Zeta. But I felt a bit fucked over doing so.
>>
>>14567765
and they added pewpew noises just like Robotech
>>
>>14567769
Isn't the version with the correct subtitles actually the RightStuf/Nozomi release? Bandai USA went out of business. They can't reasonably be expected to exchange them, given the circumstances.
>>
>>14567831
no they did a re-issue a while before they went under
>>
>>14567836
Huh. News to me. Is the packaging the same, or do they look exactly the same on the surface?
>>
>>14567843
There were three Bandai releases -

Complete series limited box set
Five volume singles release
Two volume Anime Legends re-release

That first box set was the one with subtitle issues, the other two had revised subs. If I remember right those singles came out like 6-12 months after the limited box did.

If I remember right, the subs weren't actually super bad or anything, they were just a really damned loose translation like the G or Wing dvds have for example. People just really noticed with Zeta because a lot of people had been waiting for it and it was sold as a hardcore fans kind of release.
>>
>>14567731
Stuff like that in general is what caused the American anime bubble to burst. Companies licensed everything they could without considering how well it would sell.
>>
>>14567860
>If I remember right, the subs weren't actually super bad or anything, they were just a really damned loose translation like the G or Wing dvds have for example.
yeah they commonly get called dubtitles but they're different scripts than the dub
iirc they play out like an old Streamline dub of "not necessarily what's said there but roughly the same idea and doesn't specifically contradict the original dialog"

I suspect they're from Japanese Executives.
>>
Does anyone know if the righstuf/alltheanime bds for 0079 have the original audio? I know they're missing the Doan's Island episode but apart from that, are they good releases?
>>
>>14568181
The series Blu-ray's have the original audio, but the movie trilogy DVD set has the new mix. Pretty good video quality on both.
>>
>>14568190

Cool. As to these Zeta BDs, are they a good version? I ask because I got the BD rips of Zeta but my machine is so ancient they stutter like shit and aren't worth trying to watch. If these are good I'll probably buy them instead.
>>
>>14566177
That's like 1/3 of what Japan has to pay so I ain't complaining.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.