[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks to Mirage we now know that the whole Zessica/Amata/Mikono

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: 12602-913163723.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12602-913163723.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
Thanks to Mirage we now know that the whole Zessica/Amata/Mikono clusterfuck wasn't the fault of Okada but of Kawamori not knowing how to write a character in the story and just trying to hamfist a love triangle out of nothing
>>
>>14564438

> Delta is the first Marcross show to do a one sided love triangle
>>
>Kawamori
>Writer
>>
>>14564480
No but its the second Kawamori work that had a retarded and forced love triangle, marketed said love triangle and proceeded to write the character into barely existing
>>
>>14564487

So you never watched Frontier I take it. 7 wasn't much better, since Gamlin was really just a cheerleader. A likable one, but he didn't do much, never had any plot and wasn't really much of a contender in the almost non existent love triangle.
>>
>Kawamori rarely has any idea of what he is doing

Sports at 11.
>>
>>14564502
7 never advertised a love triangle though, the only one he showed any sign of "love" was Mylene, Basara was too busy singing to whales and Gamlin was just going full soldier. It was all in Mylene's head.
>>
>>14564502
Anon, in Frontier both Ranka and Sheryl were given spotlight and actual character development, neither of them faded in the background as time went on, I'm not talking about the love triangle being one sided, I'm talking about you writing a character out of the story and trying to pass said character as a part of the love triangle that doesn't actually exist, Gamlin did actual shit in the story instead of just staying offscreen angsting, if you remove Mirage from the story nothing will change at all and that is why I call this shitty writting
>>
>>14564502
7 like the original Macross wasn't really showrun by him.
>>
Believe in Mirage
>>
>>14564524
In what precisely? That she may still exist on her own anime? Because I do believe she exists but I do not eternain the idea of her being anything more than a warm body to occupy VF
>>
>>14564438
>we now know that the whole Zessica/Amata/Mikono clusterfuck wasn't the fault of Okada

Okada wasn't a good writer, but other than Amata/Apollo being Pollon, I don't think you can attribute the direction to her. Mikono just never had an arc or much development in EVOL.
>>
>>14564487
Delta has by comparison had no real marketing for its triangle. They've mentioned it has one, and that's certainly true. Whenever they were asked about it, they've said it's faint, the elements of triangle won't come together like usually.
>>
>>14564538
And yet they always sell those images that feature the three of them together
>>
>>14564438
Uh, none of Kawamori's triangle's have truly had fully equal love triangles for many many years now. I don't know why Delta is getting singled out for this when he does this a lot.
>>
>>14564521
This, but who really controlled 7 was Big West and the music producer company.
>>
>>14564519

> Gamlin did actual shit in the story

He woke Basara in the final episode I guess. He didn't do much besides support Basara or Mylene. If you're the same guy who constantly talks about how all she does is scream at Hayate Gamlin's catchphrase might as well have been "Mylene" because watching out for her in combat was his main role in the show. Ranka's main role in the story was to go off on her own with Brera while everyone else did something else. She wasn't written out, but she was definitely written away. Zessica was also necessary for the story of Evol by the way. Without her to possess the final villain's plan would have gone differently. It's not a great role, but she was there.
>>
M7, Aquarion and Evol, MZero and honestly, we can include Escaflowne in there, none of these have triangles that have it leaning toward two sides. You can tell who the winner is going to be very early on.

Frontier seems equal when you're watching it for the first time but in retrospect it was truly favored toward Sheryl the whole time. I don't get why Delta is being singled out for this when this literally happens all the time the past bunch of years. Hell, Zero was even more impossible than Delta's triangle because the girl was 10
>>
>>14564548
I think this episode was the point where a lot of Mirageshipper finally got the memo.
>>
>>14564563
Oh I forgot to add Plus. Plus also may seem equal when you're watching it but a)Isamu is the main character and when the main character is one of the legs of a triangle, they are generally going to win and b) the entire plot happens because of Myung's intense feelings for Isamu so when you look at it in retrospect, it was designed for him to win the whole time even if Guld slept with her.
>>
>>14564567
And their rage is now overflowing in every thread
>>
>>14564508
Back to Bob for traffic?
>>
>>14564604

Nah, after headlines is the weather with Al Sleet.
>>
>>14564567
Jokes on them I got the memo like 14 episodes ago.
>>
>>14564502
Kawamori had virtually nothing to do with 7 outside the concept stages.
>>
>all this shipper salt
I thought I was on /m/? Where are the planes and discussion of planes.
>>
>>14564704
source?
>>
>>14564704
I've heard this too, that he was focusing on Plus at the time.
>>
>>14564706

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1397/Macross_7/characters#staff
>>
>>14564705
We seem to make up the minority of Macross fans.
>>
>>14564438
>>Kawamori
>>Writer
>>
>>14564720
He did storyboard a single episode though
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=940
>>
>>14564720
>posting MAL and claiming that Kawamori has nothing to do with M7
Are you fuking retarded or what?
>>
>>14564731

Go back to /a/, you dense shitposter. Every other anime site has Amino listed as director. You're the idiot here for denying such fact.
>>
>>14564438
>we now know
>now
Slowpoke much? We have known for years that the Zessica suffering, Fudo did nothing wrong and Apollo was a dog trainwrecks of disaster were Kawamori's fault, not Okada's.
>>
>>14564604
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars?
>>
So who is winning now?
>>
>>14564981
The entire show has been onesidedly in favour of Freyja. She's been winning for 18 episodes now.
>>
>>14564771
Anyone can edit this shit and mal's aren't full.. If you want to look Kawamori involvement, read the godamn credit at the end.
>>
>>14564524
>Freyja
"Notice me, senpai"
>>
File: Ned_Flanders's_smile.jpg (346KB, 1700x956px) Image search: [Google]
Ned_Flanders's_smile.jpg
346KB, 1700x956px
>>14564519
>in Frontier both Ranka and Sheryl were given spotlight and actual character development, neither of them faded in the background as time went on
>>
>>14564578
>Plus
Plus wasn't even about the triangle just two former best friends making amends towards each other. It wasn't in favor for either of them because it really wasn't all that developed. You can say that Myung chose Isamu or whatever because he's the MC but there's really nothing that implies that she would have chosen either one and considering they were both in the process of healing their strained relationship I don't really think they would have gone further.
>>
>>14565315
GTFO
>>
>>14564438
Delta has a one sided love triangle. EVOL was shit all around, despite the "love" triangle. Every character in EVOL was shit, the plot was shit, but worst of all they made Fudo shit. Don't compare Delta to EVOL.
>>
Basically, yeah. Any work related to Kawamori in some way that he is NOT involved in is considerably better than projects he is heavily involved in.

Aquarion Logos, for example was perhaps the best entry in the franchise so far. Yes, it started off slow, and was mediocre at first, but it got good, and had you invested in the characters. Also, the best girl actually fucking won.

Compare the other two Aquarions, where it starts off interesting, but goes to shit as time passes. You can't get invested in the characters save for MAYBE the waifus, and in the case of EVOL, best girl loses while worst girl wins, and her bullshit never lands her in any real trouble.
>>
>>14565622
Genesis and the Genesis OVA are good tho
>>
>>14564438
Mirage was never important nor does her character have anything to do with the conflict. Also ALL Kawamori love triangles are one-sided.
>>
>>14567886
I still like her though.
>>
>>14564438
We've known for years that Mikono is Kawamori's waifu so of course she'd win the love triangle in EVOL even though her relationship with Amata was the most cringe worthy of all.

In fact Okada liked Zessica and wanted her to win IIRC.

Also this >>14565483 EVOL not only had a one-sided love triangle which was badly handled, but also the romance as a whole was terrible, and so were the characters.
>>
What will you do if Kawamori's incompetence is even bigger than we thought, black magic happens, and Mirage still wins somehow?
>>
>>14564438
It worked for Frontier :^)
>>
>>14568372

Not give a shit, because neither my opinion of a character or a show is predicated on whether one character ends up with another. Freyja will probably end up with Hayate, but I'm still going to find both pretty bland if the show continues on as it has been for 18 episodes. And in the end I'll just shrug, put the show behind me and move on. And if he ends up with Mirage, then whoop de do, she's a more interesting base character but the show has done nothing with her so far so I'll probably just shrug, put the show behind me and move on. Either way, I'll have gotten some enjoyment out of the setting, the mechs, the songs and the story, but the show's characters are a wash so far for me.
>>
>>14568372
Mikono won even though she spend the majority of EVOL lusting after Kagura's dick, so anything goes.
>>
I don't even think Mirage has actually made a move yet. She just kind of sulks in the background while Hayate is oblivious.

Which doesn't help her chances much, but Zessica and Ranka made more obvious advances and were shot down at this point.
>>
>>14568541
>she spend the majority of EVOL lusting after Kagura's dick,
She was lusting over both boys dicks
>>
>>14568593

Zessica did confess, but I don't think Ranka ever made an overt move in the anime. Also, while Mirage hasn't made a move of any kind, Freyja hasn't done anything overt either, so I wouldn't say that's fault only on her part. This makes me miss Sheryl, who was overt as hell about her attractions and not afraid to make her mind known. Freyja and Mirage are both shy while Hayate is just dense so no one makes any real moves and it makes the whole thing too reactive.
>>
>>14568619
Freyja doesn't really need to make an overt move because they're connected anyway.
>>
>>14568611
She always treated Amata like shit, meanwhile she defended Kagura and let him lick her. By the second half she barely mentions Amata at all.
>>
>>14564567
>I think this episode was the point where a lot of Mirageshipper finally got the memo.

Don't bet on it. Pigheadedness and tunnel vision are strong in /m/
>>
>>14568696
>Freyja doesn't really need to make an overt move because they're connected anyway.

Even if they were not connected, Freyja's rune-penis activates every time she looks at Hayate or Hayate looks at her. Hayate can be dense all he wants, but the signal is right there in front of him. And it's not like it's hiding or something so...
>>
>>14568619
>Freyja hasn't done anything overt either
She was literally about to confess last week. Also they are way too connected that they don't need overt romance moments
>>
>>14568776

No, if she wants to win then she should make her feelings clear verbally or via action, like kissing him, not passively let her body talk make the point and let that be enough.
>>
>>14568777

She was about to, and then she the show found an excuse for her not to like some cheap harem story, so it can draw the drama out as long as possible. Almost doesn't count. Either she does it or she doesn't she'll almost certainly win regardless, but I don't think it'll be satisfying if she remains passive and blushing innocent about it the whole way through.
>>
Do you think Kawamori is deliberately keeping Mirage from doing anything to try and get the audience to dislike her?
>>
>>14564438
Mirage is basically a side character anyway
And she never had a reason to like Hayate unlike Freyja
>>
>>14568967

> Never had a reason to like haute

Well that's just plain untrue. It's not even hard to see why someone who feels constrained by life and inadequate at her chosen path would feel attraction to someone who doesn't let life restrain them, acts on impulse and displays talent at the same thing she fails to display it at.
>>
>>14568737
She was tsundere, dumbass. She was annoyed and jealous because Zessica was clinging to him. That showed she was into him since the beginning.
>>
>>14568803
No, she was interrupted and was pouring her heart out when Hayate killed the mood. After that, the next time she saw him, she found out her dad nuked her planet. She was processing bigger shit to actually confess her feelings, idiot. It wasn't a good timing either.
>>
>>14569120
*his dad.
>>
>>14569022
That attraction could be just admiration. Seto even wonders if Mirage's feelings are romantic or she wishes she were Hayate.
>>
>>14569120

No, she was interrupted by the old couple and then started chatting about them with Hayate and then he killed the mood. Not that it matters, because I wasn't criticizing her in universe actions so much as I was criticizing the show for pulling a cheap move by having her interrupted the one time she decides to vocalize her feelings so as to maximize the drama and draw the whole thing out as long as possible. I don't think it will be satisfying if she doesn't vocalize them and move from passivity to active at some point. Without being interrupted, because her wanting to but being interrupted doesn't count in my opinion.
>>
>>14569129

It could be. Based on her reactions though it isn't. It's still pretty easy to see why she would feel an attraction to that, even if it could also manifest as admiration and nothing more.
>>
>>14569111
> Mikono
> tsundere
Just because she had bouts of jealousy doesn't make her tsundere. Mikono was bland and a bitch, not tsundere.
>>
WOW
LOOK AT HOW RELEVANT MIRAGE WAS AGAIN
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.