[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished watching this series just minutes ago. Good stuff. Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: zzgbd1.jpg (267KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zzgbd1.jpg
267KB, 790x1000px
Finished watching this series just minutes ago. Good stuff. Not Zeta good overall, but still damn good on both character and world building levels. Seeing how while colonies may look similar on the outside, they're very different inside. While the Gundam Team were a bunch of kids running around doing whatever they wanted, and that's usually shit, this crew in this series just worked.

While people say the characters in Zeta were cold and uncaring, ZZ's characters got real personal and in more than the usual MC/Rival way. This culminated in how Glemy got taken out which was pretty much the highlight of the final few episodes.

The MS however were largely... forgettable? Aside from the ZZ and whatever the fuck the Mega Rider was supposed to be, there really wasn't anything new on the good side. Neo Zeon's stuff were bricks with lots of firepower, which the ZZ already had covered so... yeah. And seriously, the fuck was Haman doing using a plain old Qubeley at the end there? She had nothing newer or not even any mods to it after getting wrecked in Z?

She was the big weak point of the series. After making strong appearance in Z, she then proceeds to dissappear for over half the series in ZZ. Then she only goes out to fight in the very final episode? Weak.

Shame it didn't get a couple more episodes, Beecha never got a chance to shine as a captain. Right up to the very end the more experienced crew were basically keeping him in line and telling him what he should tell them to do. At least he got more development then say... Roux, who was just kinda, I don't know, there the whole time?
>>
File: roux_louka.jpg (33KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
roux_louka.jpg
33KB, 350x500px
Don't you badmouth my waifu, son.

Glad you enjoyed it, ZZ is one of my favorites despite it's problems here and there
>>
>>14562230
I really liked the ZZ MS. For me it's the opposite, I remember a ton of them and want HGs.

Glad you enjoyed it. I too enjoyed ZZ.
>>
>>14562230
I absolutely hate the first eighteen or so episodes in ZZ, I feel like they treat the characters returning from a war like green pilots who can't even walk properly in mobile suits.
Saying that it has one of my favorite arcs in the colony drop but once bright gives up his ship to a 14 year old captain, with a total of seven crew members half of which being the mobile suit pilots it loses me again.
I just wish CCA wasn't greenlit because Glemy's character jumps around like nothing and it hurts the show for the worse.
>>
>>14562269
The fantastic Neo-Zeon MS designs are one of ZZ's few redeeming features.
>>
>>14562394
ZZ could be the original plan and still suck dicks, there's no reason Tomino had to abandon it without a trace at the hint of a movie instead of padding the story or altering the ending so that it leaves the planned conclusion for a movie, or anything. I personally don't believe he was ever truly behind it.
>>
>Seeing how while colonies may look similar on the outside, they're very different inside.
Except the one with a dragon painted across the whole cylinder.

Ditto about the robots with other posters I guess but I would have liked to see more obvious outliers to the bulk scheme like Kapool as well.
>>
File: AMX-15-03.jpg (158KB, 689x960px) Image search: [Google]
AMX-15-03.jpg
158KB, 689x960px
I wish there was a modern HG of this and it had more representation in games. I love the Geymalk.
>>
Snap and I recently marathoned the series. There really is a huge difference between a Tomino directed episode and one that wasn't. Its a shame that he spent much of the time working on Char's Counterattack.
>>
Honestly besides a few gems ZZ isn't great in the MS department. Doven Wolf is great but it's also a Mark V rehash. I love me some ZZ Gundam variants but not much else going on with the Federation. Zssa is nice but then you have something like the Zaku III which fails to impress. Zeta brought a lot more to the table.

>>14564961
Are you friends out of pity or do you just think he would be dangerous to those around him if he didn't have someone to give him attention?
>>
>>14564994
Gundam Sentinel came after ZZ.
>>
>>14564900
Play Gihrens Greed you can MP them.
>>
I actually just watched the first 2 episodes of ZZ after finishing up Zeta. Does this get better or is it just some bizarre comedy anime for pedophiles and dopes?
>>
>>14562257
>Murders the one guy who actually loved her.
>Fucks off to Jupiter in a last minute shipping
Enjoy being murdered/NTR'd
>>
>>14565040
Damn you're right. Still, while Doven Wolf is a good design, you have something like the Hamma Hamma.
>>
>>14565047
Gets better, but overall it has more flaws than other UC series. Worth the watch.
>>
File: 1463030634616.jpg (632KB, 4690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1463030634616.jpg
632KB, 4690x460px
>>14564994

I can only think of 3 ZZ-era MS I don't really care for. The rest are solid to great and overall I'd rank ZZ as the second best series for mecha design (With Zeta being first obviously).
>>
After some more thought another thing stuck out at me: why not Titan remnant episode/two-parter? Surely they didn't all die and some may have held a grudge against the Argama's. Seeing some remaining elite dickwads get schooled by inexperienced kids would've been great.

>>14565050
That really felt like the writers had an "oh shit, we did literally nothing with this character the entire series" moment. To Roux's credit though, she did get one of the most cold-blooded kills in all of Gundam.
>>
>>14569821
They get a 1 line from a Zeon officer saying they were going to be absorbed into Neo Zeon.
>>
>>14565047
The first 18 episodes is what I like to call "genki" Tomino because he tries to be very silly and lighthearted. After that though, the Earth arc is one of the best arcs in Gundam, especially when Kamille comes back and the colony drop happens. It's the runt of the litter compared to the other early UC series, but it's still worth a watch.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.