[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I require "There are vegans in this building" as part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: 1344377643224.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1344377643224.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
I require "There are vegans in this building" as part of an analogy I'm giving someone
>>
File: 1341859928166.jpg (328KB, 1280x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1341859928166.jpg
328KB, 1280x1437px
>>14553604
Vegans? DID SOMEONE SAY VEGANS!?
>>
>>14553604
Asemu Asuno waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were vegans in the building. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Woolf Enneacle were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. Asemu was a pilot for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the mobile suits and he said to dad "I want to be in the suits daddy..."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY VEGANS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the EFF he knew there were vegans.
"This is Woolf" the radio crackered. "You must fight the vegans!"
So Asemu gotted his DODS rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the vegans "I will shoot at him" said the vegan gear and he fired the rocket missiles. Asemu DODSed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the vegans" he shouted
The radio said "No, Asemu. You are not the x-rounder"
And then Asemu was a pirate.
>>
>>
I miss Flit
>>
File: 1341862290981.jpg (1MB, 1280x2879px) Image search: [Google]
1341862290981.jpg
1MB, 1280x2879px
>>
How is it that the worst Gundam entry has created one of the best Gundam protagonists in history?
>>
>>14558885
Grandpa Genocide transcends petty things like being trapped in a shit series.
>>
>>14558885
Well, he had a great character arc. The series tried the generations thing (its greatest asset/weakness) but at the end of the day, Age is all about Flit's hero's journey.
>>
>>14558885
It's not the worst.
>>
File: 1329090650335.jpg (277KB, 474x800px) Image search: [Google]
1329090650335.jpg
277KB, 474x800px
>>14558885
Asemu had his good points at least, and that badass song that starts playing when he goes all out SUPER PILOT

Him becoming a space pirate hobo that abandoned his family made no damn sense though,
Its even like they actively went out of their way to take any plausible explanation that would justify his becoming a pirate staying out of contact with his family and threw them aside.
>>
>>14554123
>tfw you realize Kio was playing the gundam AGE psp game
>>
>>14559070
no anon you are the Kio
>>
>>14559034
>AGE
>Seed
>Seed-Destiny
>IBO

Its definitely in the bottom of the barrel category.
>>
>>14559087
I'd put it at equal stance with Destiny since both had a strong first arc.
IBO was too much of a disappointment for me.
>>
>>14559087
And I enjoyed all of them.
>>
File: Worst gundam protag -ever.jpg (303KB, 1312x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Worst gundam protag -ever.jpg
303KB, 1312x1629px
>>14558885
It also had one of the worst
>>
>>14559112
Its insane how fucking retarded the characterisation Kio had, while Kira is bad with his bullshit Kio somehow manages to be worse because at least here people are telling him why he is wrong and his allies are dying because of his bullshit
>>
>>14559125
I'm mostly made at Kio because he do fuck all with the FX.

I mean, yeah, you see him destroying mooks by the dozens wich is pretty cool. But as soon as he have to fight someone skilled enought, he just keep defending while screaming his pacifist bullshit again and again.
>>
>>14559065
At least he had a cute wife.
>>
>>14559148
Not to mention that to get the super special FX in the first place he had to get his perfectly serviceable Age 3 destroyed through his own incompetence, compared to his dad and his Grandad who faced comparable situations in their less advanced personal suits.
>>
>>14559065
I sort of get why he did. I mean honestly, if I had the chance to become a sick as fucking space pirate captain, I'd probably do it. You'll get plenty of chances to start a family, but a chance to be a space pirate? That shit only comes along once.
>>
>>14559196
Let's not forget that the Asemu family was never composed of couples who were each others first choice.

Flit saw his waifu killed and didn't really care about the replacement. Asemu knew his waifu would rather get railed by Zeheart than himself. Kio's waifu was probably the little girl with space cancer, except he went the entirely wrong way with assigning blame for her death.

Basically, AGE is about loveless marriages.
>>
>>14559182

can you imagine if Flit was the one who used FX and strapped a Plasma Driver on each C funnel?
>>
>>14559065
He had to be destroyed to make way for Kio, the little shit.

Everything would have been better if AGE consisted of just two generations of protagonists instead of three.
>>
>>14559182
Yeah I never understood why he was supposed to be the strongest X-rounder. He never do anything amazing compared to Flit killing everyone in a 50 years old gundam and Asemu going toe to toe with the best x rounder the ennemy had.
>>
>>14558888
Quads+doubles confirms, Grandpa Genocide one of the greatest things Gundam has ever done.
>>
File: j7Ur1[1].jpg (82KB, 1080x350px) Image search: [Google]
j7Ur1[1].jpg
82KB, 1080x350px
>>14559230
>Basically, AGE is about loveless marriages.
>>
File: Dark_Hound_front.jpg (125KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Hound_front.jpg
125KB, 1440x810px
>>14559266
> Asemu going toe to toe with the best x rounder the ennemy had

Asemu didn't go toe to toe with Zeheart, Asemu buttfucked Zeheart like he was his long lost wife and he hadn't had any for all the time he was a space pirate. And did so in the Dark Hound, a jury-rigged machine that's a generation older, after Zeheart gets the Legilis and ditches his limiter mask so he's going at full power with the ultimate Vagan MS. Who needs newtype shittery when you can git gud.
>>
>>14559112
Anon completely missed Kio's point.
Kio didn't want to divide people up between enemy and friend, he wanted to stop the hate so that as many people as possible from both sides could be counted as friend. He wasn't against Vegans, but neither was he against Earth. He was against *war*.

Basically the protagonists of AGE progress like this:
Flit: "I'm going to save everyone on my side"
Asemu: "I'm going to save as many people as I reasonably can"
Kio: "I'm going to save EVERYONE."

The message of the show is that there's no real difference between the average person on each side. Admittedly, the show does spend a lot more time dehumanizing the Vegans than humanizing them, but people who vilify Kio don't seem to grasp that fact and refuse to see the Vegans as anything other than fully complicit heartless monsters when the show makes it clear that Ezelcant is no more honest with the people of Second Moon than he is with the people of Earth. The show really could have used more time spent showing Kio meeting normal people on Second Moon and maybe a few Vegans siding with Kio against Ezelcant's plan.
>>
File: 7643212321.jpg (182KB, 437x401px) Image search: [Google]
7643212321.jpg
182KB, 437x401px
>>14559125
Shitfuck soldiers that rely on a child murdering their enemies instead of protecting said child deserve to die.

Appreciate the help you already receive or piss off.
>>
>>14559305
The Dark Hound is a robot Pirate Captain, its even got a goddamn HOOK and EYEPATCH! There's no chance of beating something like that in a shitty lame 'evil gundam' knockoff.
>>
>>14559230
You do know that the side materials confirm that Flit eventually did fall for Emily and that was the reason why he asked her to marry him, right?

Age did have the issue of discarding the "love interest"girls as trash, though. That nurse that was Kio's childhood friend is just kind of there and has not character or whatsoever.
>>
>>14559313
>see the Vegans as anything other than fully complicit heartless monsters

Their government and army were complicit heartless monsters. They could've moved their fucking cancer asteroid to a better place at literally any time, and they instead sat there watching families die because it stirred up nationalistic sentiment.

Fuck vegans. And fuck Kio for not genociding them.
>>
>>14559112
Kio was GREAT until fucking Spriggan and Second Moon. A full half of his terribleness comes from betraying all the potential he had at the start.
>>
>>14559313
Every Asemu was as much right as much they were wrong.
Flit murdering civilians would become what he fought against.
Asemu was reactionary and lacked vision to solve problem.
Kio was just naive, what Hino himself stated.

War and conflict isn't just something that a single Gundam pilot can solve. It requires a years of effort, defeating the extremists among enemies, keeping the peace and solving the cause of conflict.
>>
>>14559351
Depends on how many people their Gundam can kill.
>>
>>14559313
The problem with the Vegans is that their leaders are just retarded, if not outright evil. Their civilians are pretty much suffering under those fucking leaders if you think about it, and those with some authority never questioned what Ezelcunt's decision to not move Second Moon away from Mars, the source of their people's suffering, up until 50 over years after the initial invasion when they could have moved it the whole time.

They(read: the leadership) are butthurt about Earth abandoning them, sure, but they built warships that could travel to Earth.
And gen 3 proved that they could have moved Second Moon the whole time, but no, they left it at Mars to let future generations of kids they have suffer and die from Mars' radiation.
Those fucking Vegan civilians trusted their leaders, but no, the leadership left the people to fucking suffer and die at Mars, while their perfectly healthy soldiers are sent to Earth, some even infiltrating Earth and setting up base camp there.

Apparently, at no point did any high ranking Vegan soldier step back and say "Hey, why aren't we moving our people away from Mars when we can move soldiers to Earth to fight?".
>>
File: 1348956717725.jpg (138KB, 646x759px) Image search: [Google]
1348956717725.jpg
138KB, 646x759px
>>14553604
>>
File: 3rd_ms_b_012.gif (119KB, 590x880px) Image search: [Google]
3rd_ms_b_012.gif
119KB, 590x880px
The suit should have had a peg leg, with a beam saber emitter mounted in it.
>>
>>14559230
What if he'd banged the blue-haired girl instead, would it have resulted in a less insufferable child?
>>
>>14559313

I don't think it's missed it so much as just don't buy it. Just because you see a message doesn't mean you accept it. If the delivery isn't up to your standard you'll just reject it, and there's a lot wrong with Kio's execution.
>>
>>14562906
One thing for sure is that it would have resulted in a pudgy kid.
>tfw Gundam will never properly enter the Age of Fatso
>>
>>14563019
Has any mecha series entered the Age of Fatso? They generally get relegated to sidekick and/or comic relief across the board.
>>
>>14562906
Considering Flit wouldn't have had his 'remove vegan' hateboner going on, hypothetical blue-haired kid would've had a much happier life growing up. So it's likely.
>>
>>14563034
Blue haired girl is referring to Arisa in Gen 2.
The hateboner had already been raging strong for years by that point.
>>
>>14559313
I get the point of Kio
That doesn't change the fact that he's a completely botched and poorly written character
>>
>>14563024
Closest thing I can think of is that weird Boss Borot manga.
>>
>>14562906

No, because the wife he choose had nothing to do with him leaving to be a pirate or his child becoming either a pilot or a pacifist. Asemu left because to be a pirate because of Vagan infiltration of Earth and Kio became a pilot because Flit groomed him to be one, while he became a pacifist because of people he met on Mars. His mother played no part in any of that and while she may have had an influence on him, it's unlikely given the story to be nearly as great an influence as Flit or Loo.
>>
>>14559065
>Asemu had his good points at least
Honestly, he's a lot worse than Kio.

>DON'T TAKE THIS X-ROUNDER HELMET, IT'LL MAKE YOU RETARDED
>Good thing I'm already retarded, then.
>Now let me just abandon my family, go off to space, and spend a decade forcing the war into a stalemate.

Kio ended a war and cured space cancer

What did Asemu do beyond cry over his dark-skinned, white-haired lover boy running away?

AGE-2 is the ugliest of the four AGE Gundams.
>>
>>14559252

I like the idea that Flit and Asemu each build one AGE machine, with Flit using the AGE machine to build one more focused on X-Rounder stuff, which he eventually pilots himself while Asemu builds one from a fusion of Earth and Vagan tech, then gives it to Kio to pilot. With Flit and Kio clashing over their ideals. The problem being that the fusion of Earth and Vagan tech machine (AGE-FX) is a more X-Rounder focused machine.

Still, with a bit of reworking it'd be cool to see Flit build an AGE-3 with an X-Rounder focus and bits while Asemu builds a more traditional Gundam using tech from both sides and his X-Rounder son has to over come a greater machine piloted by a more experienced X-Rounder to prove his ideals.
>>
>>14563113
>while he became a pacifist because of people he met on Mars

Well, that and that coming on the heels of finding out real combat wasn't at all like the vidya Grandpa Flit sold him on it being,

Flit sort of became the architect of his own downfall on trying to keep Kio in a vacuum.
>>
>>14563177

Yea, that too. It's a shame the story didn't draw any parallels between that and Ezelcant growing a clone in a vat specifically to fight and kill for him, or between the Clone and Kio. There's some fertile ground there for exploration, and the show just threw it aside and made the clone a last minute addition with no character and not even any real dialogue.
>>
>>14559327
>You do know that the side materials confirm that Flit eventually did fall for Emily and that was the reason why he asked her to marry him, right?

I'm quite certain that they even cover that in the Adult Flit arc they have in the game prior to the Asemu arc.
>>
>>14563734
They do.
>>
>>14559344
He was already going into terrible territory after that traitor arc.
>>
>>14564597

The first two episodes of his arc were good, then it was mostly boring for a while until he got to Mars. And then it was terrible. Loo was such a transparent attempt at pulling the audience's heart strings she became unbearable.
>>
>>14564603
Kio's whole arc was such a disappointment. I don't know which is worse, Flit weeding out Vegans and their sympathizers from the government at the end of Asemu's arc only to have them come back like it never happened or Kio himself.

The whole show was a mess after Flit's arc.
>>
>>14564603
Also a completely botched attempt

>Oh no, the moe waifu has space cancer because of the horrible federation! vegans aren't all bad!
>Oh wait no, the vegans could've moved the habitat 50 years ago, not genocided the federation and saved everyone from getting space cancer
>flit was right, vegans a shit
>>
>>14564618

> The whole show was a mess after Flit's arc

And his arc was mostly boring. There was some excitement near the end, but it took most of his arc to find it.
>>
>>14564627
I can't argue that. It was pretty boring. I also don't understand how Flit had worked out the Vegan attack pattern and instead of giving it to the base commander he shows it off to his elementary school teacher.
>>
>>14564637

He wanted to verify it by showing it to someone else he thought was good at that kind of thing or something I think. It's pretty dumb either way, especially since the commander was his friend.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.