[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this at the book store for $10. Don't watch a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Giant_Robo_-_The_Animation.jpg (82KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Robo_-_The_Animation.jpg
82KB, 350x500px
Found this at the book store for $10. Don't watch a lot of /m/ stuff but marathoned the whole thing in a day and loved it. Just found out there will never be a continuation.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
>>
File: GiantRoboCry.jpg (161KB, 1427x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GiantRoboCry.jpg
161KB, 1427x1080px
>>14548765
>What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
Lie Down
Try Not to Cry
Cry A Lot
>>
>>14548765
here have something that might help reduce the sting a little, a 2 part Doujin based on it's appearance in Super Robot Wars 64, set after the game(and thus the OVA);

http://imgur.com/a/Bhfgm

http://imgur.com/a/CLizI
>>
>>14548765
Read The Day the Earth Burned and then cry about the scanlation being dead for over half a decade.
>>
Tetsujin-28 (2004)

Same director and based on a work by the same author.

https://vimeo.com/70256173
>>
>>14548765
Watch the live action version dummy.
>>
File: p1390723456-3.jpg (150KB, 566x849px) Image search: [Google]
p1390723456-3.jpg
150KB, 566x849px
>>14548765
>What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
Tetsujin 28 2004, Shin Mazinger, G Gundam.

You're not off the Imagawa ride yet.
>>
File: 1438742164079.jpg (58KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
1438742164079.jpg
58KB, 900x350px
>what am I supposed to do now?

Don't watch GR. It's shit.
>>
>>14548765
Imagawa's Tetsujin-28 is in the same universe.

Also all his other things, like Shin Mazinger and G Gundam.
>>
>>14550133
>Imagawa's Tetsujin-28 is in the same universe.
Oh yeah, I remember when Dr Vogler decided to create a Frankenstein Monster, get killed and then went on to revolutionize the field of Energy.
>>
>>14550087
>implying you watched GR
>>
>>14550087

No one's actually seen GR. It's never been properly subbed.
>>
>>14550183
>Alpha Numbers gleefully want to sub GR
>wind up dying from subninja attacks before even getting too far in Iron Leaguer, their FIRST project
Evidently, that incarnation is cursed.

>>14548765
You can always read the original Yokoyama manga, though it's admittedly low-key compared to the various adaptations.

>>14550133
Does that include Seven of Seven?
>>
This is exactly why I've never watched it. It would drive me crazy not having any sort of ending.
>>
So why did they never follow it up, especially since Imagawa had some sort of plans for a final chapter in mind?
>>
>>14550321
It took like 8 years to create and ran massively overbudget.

And then Yokoyama literally died in a fire and his greedy estate took control or everything.
>>
>>14550321
That's sort of what The Day The Earth Burned was, even if it was an alternate continuity. It retained most of the crossover characters and the style of the OVA.
>>
>>14550304
>It would drive me crazy not having any sort of ending.
This is a meme.

All Imagawa shows, including this one have an ending.

What they don't have are follow ups. I can assure you that Giant Robo resolves most if not all the plot points it set forward in the early episodes.

It's a conclusive show, that just happens to be set in the middle of things.
>>
>>14550040
Seven of Seven too

And then you gotta join us in the Keroro general
>>
>>14550473
>no subs general

I'm still asspained
>>
>>14550223

Fucking subninjas. If they're gonna fuck up another sub group, they need to deliver on projects in return.
>>
>>14550489
Technically, it's "three quarters subbed" general.

>>14551049
At least they let sasword go (who has apparently become ninja-like for releases since then).
>>
>>14550087

Wasn't it written by the same person who did Serial Experiments Lain and Digimon Tamers?

Plus that OP is godly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-CpqxvlMA
>>
>>14551476

And Ultraman Gaia. Seriously, this is a very typical Chiaki anime. People hate it for not being like the Imagawa version.
>>
>>14550133
>Imagawa's Tetsujin 28 is in the same universe
>you mean GR OVA universe?
Please don't say about it because it's a theory
>>
>>14550321
There was a Seige of Babel manga but it's seemly an alternate take and Ginrei is not "dead"
>>
>>14548765
The only thing you can do is move on.

Tetsujin-28 is good but don't expect over-the-top action like Giant Robo. It's a slower-paced period piece.

Shin Mazinger is pretty similar in concept. It does for Go Nagai what Giant Robo did for Yokoyama and like Giant Robo focuses a lot on ancillary characters being bad-asses than it does mecha action.
>>
>>14550087
>talking shit about something nobodies seen.
>>
>>14554874

Anyone want to try taking care of that, or are we too afraid of subninjas?

There's a complete raw package on Nyaa, at least.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.