[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I must have watched this movie over 50 times already, but this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I must have watched this movie over 50 times already, but this is the first time I realized that it was Setsuna who laughed during this scene, NOT Linda.

HOLY SHIT, talk about slowpoke of the decade, but more importantly DID SETSUNA SERIOUSLY JUST LAUGH?
I mean I've seen him smile before, but that bit was just a whole another level.

What's even better was that Ian just brushed it off in the heat of the moment.
>>
Btw, would it be wrong to say that Gundam and Macross have the best space fights in all forms of visual media?

I don't mean to seem pretentious but nothing I've seen in theaters, much less TV, have had space combat as good as those 2 franchises. Especially Awakening of the Trailblazer. While largely a beamspam circus, it was a fantastic beamspam circus.

Maybe I haven't seen enough shows or films.
>>
>>14548791
What about Star Wars?
>>
>>14548719
He's no longer the autistic child back in S1, anon.

>>14548791
Well, Gundam OVAs or movies always have good animation.
>>
>>14552732
>>14548719
Setsuna's laugh is the miracle of the universe
>>
File: full vernian.jpg (915KB, 2329x1676px) Image search: [Google]
full vernian.jpg
915KB, 2329x1676px
>>14552698
Not him, but Star Wars has always treated space fighters like fighter jets (i.e. yawing in space, constant thrust but no constant acceleration, etc) That always bothered me. They are visually impressive, but Star Wars has no respect for physics within a zero gravity vacuum, and the writer behind the technical aspects of the universe have made no effort to try to justify it in universe with Star Wars-specific pseudo science. It's especially bothersome when most, if not all, of the starfighters double as atmospheric and space fighters while having no aerodynamic properties that complement the former and make no changes to their behavior for the latter.

Mind you, Macross is guilty of some of those things too, but at least it tries to convince the viewer that they took it into consideration by putting maneuvering thrusters all over the variable fighters and occasionally shows them in action to remind the viewer that they are indeed there doing their job while itano has them evading missile circuses. It still tends to get acceleration in a zero g vacuum wrong.

Gundam is by far one of, if not THE most, accurate portrayal of space combat in soft-scifi thanks to the AMBAC concept and the fact that most shows, even the lower budget episodes, tend to show it in action in some form. Mobile suits always show a momentary bright flash of thrust to achieve the cruising speed needed, and the thrusters remain active in a much smaller capacity, and when the suit needs to decelerate, they will actually show the MS throw it's limbs forward to point the verniers in the right direction so that they can burst out in defiance of the current direction to decelerate. (Full Burnern gets me HARD in that regard.)

Mind you, I'm not asking for a 100% accurate portrayal of space physics in my science fiction; I just want a sci-fi franchise to make an effort, and out of the three, Gundam's almost always made the biggest effort.
>>
>>14555485
>>14548791
what a joke

>barbatos_YEEEEAAART.webm
>>
>>14555934
I haven't watched IBO but I haven't heard good things.
>>
>>14555934
IBO is not UC, when we say Gundam, we generally mean UC. The other pseudo-super robot shit is besides the point.
>>
>>14556058
Epik
>>
File: RGM-79SC-1.jpg (199KB, 806x952px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79SC-1.jpg
199KB, 806x952px
>>14556070
He's not wrong. Elitism aside, generally speaking, if someone is talking about Gundam on /m/ and isn't specifying a series or setting, it's usually appropriate to assume that UC is the subject of discussion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.