[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Living Dead Divisions' Ace Sniper was someone who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>Living Dead Divisions' Ace Sniper was someone who's never even piloted a mobile suit before
This is something that bugs me slightly. How did someone who was only a foot soldier get to be a mobile suit pilot after losing his legs?
>>
>>14547173

It's simply a plot device to make him lose his legs.

As for pilot training Zeeks were delusional enough to give cripples MS pilot training and actual MS' from Zaku I to Doms despite the shortage of MS and pilots late war.

That said, they had children ala. Igloo volunteers to be MS pilots as well.

But it's just Zeek fanwank. Don't put too much thought into it.
>>
>>14547243
Another thing, in the opening they show Daryl giving up his Zaku II to another pilot. Yet Fisher got to keep his Dom.
>>
>>14547173
They selected him BECAUSE he lost limbs. Part of the purpose of the base was to conduct experiments on controlling MS through prosthetic and also to recycle soldiers because they were running short on manpower.

As for how he got to be a pilot, they selected him for the program, gave him a few weeks of training (Which is about all that any pilot was getting during the OYW), and at the end of the day he was basically a glorified turret and not expected to be moving around a lot.
>>
>>14547278
Still, I feel it'd explain Daryl's position a lot better if he was a Zaku pilot who got shot down in the opening weeks of the war as opposed to just a random grunt.

and it's not like they didn't have anyone else on the fleet who had less limbs than him. Daryl got eh Psycho Zaku BECAUSE he was their best sniper. Not simply because he had the least limbs.
>>
>>14547173
Well for one he thing he ain't got the foot to be a foot soldier.
Also as >>14547278 pointed out, the Living Dead division/program specifically recruited cripples to gather data for their research.
>>
>>14547243
>despite the shortage of MS and pilots late war.

On the space front of the war Zeon was not hurting for MS by this point (they pretty much had more MS than pilots and by A baoa Qu they were ripping students from the academy extremely early just to fill gelgoogs). They were hurting for pilots which is part of why they were investing in a program that recruited cripples in the first place. By taking the cripples (And expecting them to be subpar pilots) and throwing them into less priority posts they would take the mediocre soldiers that were there previously and move them back towards the main bases and front lines where thy were needed.
>>
>>14547173

Legs are just for show
>>
>>14547173
Well he can't very well continue being a foot soldier without legs, now can he?

On the other hand, when it comes to MS legs are just for show and aren't necessary.
>>
>>14547461
>On the other hand, when it comes to MS legs are just for show and aren't necessary.

Wait what, I thought most MS used foot pedals in some way!
>>
>>14547531
Considering Fisher has even less legs then Daryl...
>>
>>14547243
>despite the shortage of MS
No, actually, Zeon had a surplus of those in space.

>pilots.
This is what they were short on.
They probably trained Daryl as a sniper because he didn't really need much in the way of a body to fulfill that role.
>>
File: msyrzgC1nS1r9l7xlo1_1280.jpg (760KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
msyrzgC1nS1r9l7xlo1_1280.jpg
760KB, 914x1280px
>>14547173
>The Federation's Ace Pilot was a child who'd never even piloted a mobile suit before
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.