[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam F91 seemed to have a lot of interesting ideas in it that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20141022gpfXMqVB.jpg (460KB, 1280x1496px) Image search: [Google]
20141022gpfXMqVB.jpg
460KB, 1280x1496px
Gundam F91 seemed to have a lot of interesting ideas in it that never really came to fruition. I keep reading that "staff disputes" led to it not being made and being made into a movie, but I've never heard what kind of staff disputes these were. Has anyone heard why F91 got canned?

Did they recycle F91 ideas into Unicorn later even though Unicorn chronologically takes place before F91?
>>
No.

Executive decision cuts f91 from series to movie after the first twelve storyboards were finished
the plot was compressed into 90 minutes
And that's all she wrote
Unicorn is animated fanfiction, nothing more. No relation to f91 or its ideas.
>>
>>14542307

> Fan fiction
> Made by the same people who've always owned it

That aside, what interesting ideas does F91 even have? It always seemed like Tomino make the lightning of 0079 strike again by just remaking a lot of the same elements.
>>
>>14542337
The Unicorn novel is unabashed fanfiction and wank. There was no need to adapt it.
>>
>>14542337
Tomino always tends to reinvent himself. But the tech in F91 seemed like a logical progression and was interesting. The beam shields and new beam weapons were enjoyable. But it's pretty much just another Gundam.
>>
>>14542337
Well there are some good concepts that while are traditional Gundam could have been good twists. I like that fact that the Traditional Char roles were split, the princess being on the other side with her own mobile suit was great, I wish we had a new a kit to go along with the F91.
>>
>>14542337
>>14542379
Unicorn is literally Zeon apologist fanfiction.
>>
>>14542379

Unicorn was commissioned as a novel with the express intention of animating it. It was never not going to be animated. Fukui didn't even have complete control and has complained about some elements, like Unicorn becoming a God being stupid. He was almost certainly handed a set of story beats to hit, just like Star Wars novel writers are. Bandai commissioned and to some degree wrote it. It might be bad, but it isn't fan fiction, since it was officially commissioned by the people who've always owned it. You might as well call 0079 fan fiction.
>>
>>14542337
>>14542440
Retard.
>>
>>14542493
Rude.
>>
>>14542493

Good to know you've nothing left to say.
>>
>>14542506
Retard.
>>
>>14542515
Rude.
>>
File: 1392400096892.jpg (39KB, 800x952px) Image search: [Google]
1392400096892.jpg
39KB, 800x952px
>>14542437
Zeon apologia...
>what is this? Zeeks nearly blowing up a colony? Zeeks vaping BABIES?!

The batshit crazy stuff, like Colony Drops and the like are never excused.

If anything Unicorn tries to show that there are both decent people and scum on both sides of the fence, which is kinda the point since MSG.
And it succeeds, albeit it does go way too sappy at times in the OVA version.

Yeah, talking about Dakar arc.
Loni getting capped by her Qu'ran humping father over protesting about vaping babies, and Banana just shooting the damn Jihadi Sand Niggers dead with EXTREME PREJUDICE is superior, compared to the heavy handed melodrama of the OVA.
>>
>>14542700
Kirkes in the novel was an amoral mercenary/soldier of fortune who didn't really give two shits about Loni in the original material. And even then when Loni goes apeshit, even he talks about the psychoframe being out of wack and Loni is killing everything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.