[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does A Contact manage to capture the events in the Ideon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: The-Ideon-3.jpg (127KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
The-Ideon-3.jpg
127KB, 1000x750px
How well does A Contact manage to capture the events in the Ideon TV series? The compilation movies for the original Gundam were pretty excellent so I know Tomino is capable of trimming down some fat for a more streamlined viewing but I hear that most of the events in the series are cut down to just this one movie.

I dislike filler and I've read that there's quite a few throwaway episodes in the series. Are A Contact and Be Invoked sufficient enough to be replacements for the TV show or is the series really the better option?
>>
Sadly, not that well. You'll miss a few key events, and the recap goes by so fast that you won't understand why they're on Earth one moment and on the Moon in the other. IIRC, Gije's fate is mostly a footnote in A Contact.

I'd watch the series instead of A Contact.
>>
>>14537344
>How well does A Contact manage to capture the events in the Ideon TV series?
Rushed shit.
>>
>>14537344
It maybe covers three or four episodes out of 30, and still manages to miss the important things that are setting up Be Invoked. Character actions won't make sense without watching the last 8 episodes.
>>
>>14537344
>The compilation movies for the original Gundam were pretty excellent
They really weren't. I think the only people who even dare to make such a dumb claim are Americans who saw the films first, were told they were better, and then saw the show.
There is genuinely nothing good about any of the films except the last one's new music tracks.
>>
>>14537344
Also, there's no such thing as "filler" in shows like these, so you best fuck the fuck off and kill yourself you utter moron.
>>
Watch the TV series you lazy faggot, compilation movies are awful.
>>
>>14537344
Be Invoked isn't even a replacement to the show retard, it's a sequel, the real ending to the show.
>>
>>14537355
>>14537363
>>14537372
Thanks for the replies, I'll go with the TV series in that case.

>>14537462
I watched the movies quite recently for the first time after watching the TV series almost a decade ago. I was quite impressed with how they compressed 43 episodes worth of narrative down to just 3 movies without losing too much of note.

>>14537467
When I think "filler" I think the racing episode in Dragon Ball Z, events that have little bearing on the show that serve as nothing but something to throw on screen to keep viewers satisfied for a week. I haven't seen Ideon yet so I can't say with certainty that the series contains copious amounts of filler, hence why I said "I've read" and not "I know". There's no need to be a dick.
>>
>>14537501
That's because he driving episode is actually filler. It was original content not in the manga.

You don't have filler in original series that arent based on manga. Only retards with ADHD think that because it's a convenient excuse for their short attention span.
>>
>>14537526
Filler has nothing to do with manga. If the episode is completely missing plot and character development and really serves no purpose in the show, then it's filler. If the episode adds something to the show, then it's probably not filler.
>>
>>14537535
Here we fucking go. Shouldnt you be on /a/ jerking off to Evangelion?
>>
>>14537526
>That's because he driving episode is actually filler
wait are we talking about the episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get drivers licenses? because that was basically the best episode of DBZ
>>
>>14537544
Fuck off faggot, I'm not even arguing about Ideon.
>>
>>14537492
I still don't know how there's people here who still don't understand this
>>
>>14537526
>You don't have filler in original series that arent based on manga. Only retards with ADHD think that because it's a convenient excuse for their short attention span.

You definitely can. It's episodes that isn't connected to the overall plot that exists just so they can make their broadcast quota for the season/series/cour.

These episodes aren't always bad in themselves though. Some of series's best episodes are the ones that are just the standalone ones.
>>
>>14537492
The TV series is awful too
>>
File: a37c086d51c0eacec6b114db857d4e46.jpg (296KB, 1033x1033px) Image search: [Google]
a37c086d51c0eacec6b114db857d4e46.jpg
296KB, 1033x1033px
Not well. Not well at all. It sends the plot into null space and misses a ton of good shit, changes a few of the characters' fates in the process.

Just watch the TV series. A Contact is more of a treat for those who have already watched the series.
>>
File: ideon eyecatch.gif (2MB, 310x230px) Image search: [Google]
ideon eyecatch.gif
2MB, 310x230px
My brother watched A Contact and Be Invoked. He said they were enjoyable, especially Be Invoked. However, I had to fill him in on so much because A Contact skims through a small portion of episodes.

So the movies are serviceable, but anything that doesn't make sense to you was probably left behind in the TV series, along with several characters. Also, the mood of the show is one of its best aspects. The Solo ship crew's dread and exhaustion can really be felt; along with the escalation of Buff Clan weaponry to combat Ideon. It's a slow burn but the pay off is great considering you can see how and why each side behaves the way they do in the end.

Either way, enjoy Ideon. It's one of my favorites.
>>
NihonReview gave A Contact a 7/10

http://www.nihonreview.com/anime/the-ideon-a-contact/

Can't be that bad can it?
>>
>>14540945
Is it acceptable to watch the Evangelion recap movies + End of Evangelion? Because that's what essentially this is.
>>
>>14541015
I've never seen Death and Rebirth, so I can't speak on it. If you want to watch the Ideon movies just go for it man. Be Invoked has great cinematography and animation that can be seen just for the sake of watching. Don't sweat the small stuff, and look up the details later; or watch the series if the movies pique your interest.

Overall enjoy the ride.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.