[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't be the only one here who thinks Fukuda isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 28077.jpg (27KB, 225x281px) Image search: [Google]
28077.jpg
27KB, 225x281px
I can't be the only one here who thinks Fukuda isn't a hack? Why is everyone here always so frothingly butthurt at him? He's a super talented director, writer, and somewhat of an auteur. Yet he's being crucified just because of SEED and Destiny. You guys aren't being fair.
>>
>>14535250
I think he's a cool guy and talented, I liked the four mecha series he worked on unironically.
>>
We've had a lot of "I'll copypaste this other thread and change the name" threads recently. I have no idea what's the point besides clogging up the catalog.
>>
>>14535250
I've got nothing against him. SEED was good. I didn't like the mass lobotomy that apparently happened between SEED and Destiny to cause Orb to want to join the Federation that unjustly attacked them only a couple of years earlier, but once I accepted that change in the setting the story flowed pretty well from there. Several people here have that "Lacus is EEVIL" thing and/or that "Shinn should have been the hero to defeat Kira" thing going on, but I think both of those are bullshit.
Also Cross Ange was way more entertaining than a certain other show that I will not mention.
>>14535280
>four mecha series
What's the other one?
>>
>>14535346
SEED, Dendoh, Cross Ange... and Cyber Formula I guess, though it's about fancy race cars
>>
>>14535358
I was thinking of Destiny, forgot Cyber Formula even existed
>>
File: 1459069927042.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1459069927042.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>14535346
>SEED was good
>Cross Ange was entertaining
>>
>>14535250
Gundam seed and Ange just feel like repeats of Dendoh.
>>
>>14535346
t.SEEDfag
>>
>>14535345
neo-/m/ would unironically defend him anyway.
>>
>>14535250
Dendoh was pretty good. Everything else of his is shit.
>>
>>14535452
He is right Tomino.
>>
Fukuda's Facebook/Twitter keep talking about Pokemon Go.
>>
>>14535250
>Destiny

Morosawa having cancer is a fact, but it has nothing to do with Destiny’s poor production. Morosawa had her surgery during SEED, and even at that time Morosawa admitted her constant lateness in script submission were causing problem. But that is before Destiny. She used health reason as an excuse once again after Destiny, which is when she decided to do a Gundam Seed OVA movie, but failed to complete the project before its due date.

Originally, they could have changed the script writer, but Fukuda refused. On top of that the script was constantly changed between the two of them; they had personal conflict against each other and used work as an excuse to exact revenge. The main reason why Shinn and the Destiny cast became side characters is large because of that. Therefore it is safe to say Morosawa’s health condition has nothing to do with Destiny’s direction – it has to do with Morosawa’s and Fukuda’s poor personality.

Destiny’s average budget cost is 33000000 dollars JPY per episode.

(SEED’s average budget cost is 26000000 dollars JPY, according to Fukuda the budget is 3 times higher than other average anime – but in comparison to Western’s cartoon it is still extremely cheap – it is a known fact that Japanese animators are cheap and hardworking.)

The point is not embezzlement – it’s how they wasted all the money.

They used celebrities and singers as voice actors for a few episodes, and these celebrities are not doing it for free. Let’s not mention the fact that these celebrities are not even fans of Gundam; they wouldn’t even change their daily schedule to do the voice recording. And the real reason why these celebrities were used? It is because Morosawa is their fan. This is the extent of their use of company resource for private reason.
>>
>>14535455
Seed was just a repeat of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, except worse in every way.

Fukuda is a typical Sunrise director; loves crazy, bombastic storytelling, but doesn't understand anything about depth.
>>
>>14535815
The rest has to do with changing the story over and over, changing the animation over and over – if they couldn’t finish it in time they would hire more animators to finish the job; unlike other producers, who will assist in the process themselves. Fukuda should be the helping the most; even if he wasn’t helping practically, he could have at least support the whole process and see everything through; but instead he went with Morosawa to see a concert.

As for retirement and being terminated – Morosawa did get suspended for a while. But that has very little to do with the Destiny mess. It mostly had to do with the script of the SEED OVA Movie being delayed way past the golden release time, which completely wasted the production budget (don’t think that just because the movie was not released, no money were spent; they obviously spent a lot of money preparing and promoting everything).

Because after Gundam Seed Destiny she obviously still has a lot of responsibilities – only she never appreciated or cherished any of them to take them seriously.

As for Fukuda, it would be hard for him to retire. He is a good friend of Sunrise’s president Yoshii (Started collaborating since Dragonar). He also knows how to kiss Yoshii’s ass constantly on Twitter; kept saying Yoshii is extremely influential.

Fukuda has more enemies than friends (Always stir up controversies on Twitter and interview). But even with his shitty personality he managed to start the SEED Remaster project within 5 years of his suspension. This obviously has to do with his personal gain.
>>
File: Fukuda is a lazy fat fuck.png (32KB, 1270x349px) Image search: [Google]
Fukuda is a lazy fat fuck.png
32KB, 1270x349px
Yawn.
>>
File: Fukuda's incompetence.png (106KB, 1642x475px) Image search: [Google]
Fukuda's incompetence.png
106KB, 1642x475px
Cautious counterpoint.
>>
>>14535839
Rasenjou?
>>
>>14535829
>No other director at the time wanted to do the new Gundam show and the main reason he took the job was because he needed the money

Wow. I'm surprised Tomino didn't shoot his fucking brains out on the spot.
>>
>>14535844
That thing from Dendoh.

>>14535863
Tomino was doing King Gainer at the time.
>>
File: 1469396933082.png (131KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469396933082.png
131KB, 300x300px
>>14535829
Fuck off Kochiha nobody cares about your shitty opinions.
>>
>>14535863

Apparantly they met at a party before hand and Tomino was polite and just told him not to listen to Bandai too much.

Tomino was pissed at Sunrise and Bandai because he wanted Turn A to be it and Gundam to be neatly wrapped up. But he didn't blame Fukuda specifically.
>>
>>14536652
Well Fukuda is just doing his job.
>>
>TFW no Nagahama Gundam or no Kawamori Gundam.
>>
>>14535250
I actually really like Fukuda. To me, he comes off as a masterful IRL troll.

It wasn't always like this, though. What was it about those early shows that he worked on that drove him to the madness he has exhibited ever since SEED? Was drawing all those storyboards for Exkaiser and Granzort even more dull than it sounds?
>>
>>14537304
I think it was actually SEED that did it. There was a producer that kept demanding Fukuda make things more cruel and shocking, to which Fukuda happily obliged. SEED got popular which only served to reinforce the things he did making it.

He's kinda like a Pokemon in that he can only know 4 moves, forgetting older moves as he levels up.

> Asspull
> Fanservice
> Stock Footage
> Music
>>
>>14535250
Cuckuda and his cunt wife are a blight upon this industry.

>>14535346
Look at this post.
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>14536900
Good.
>>
>>14536900
At least Kawamori is still around, should that happen.

>>14539613
He's also pretty much like a naïve kid whose views on morality are heavily black-and-white.
>>
>>14539613
So, what did he learn in Cross Ange that made him forget >Music?
>>
>>14539845
QUALITY
>>
>>14539845
> Lock Down Twitter Account.
>>14539770
I'd say his morality is more self-centered than anything.
>>
>>14535250

In regards to what Fukuda did, I enjoyed the music for both SEED and SEED Destiny.
>>
File: 421231239.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
421231239.gif
2MB, 300x225px
Fukuda may be a shitty hack, but the final race between Hayato and Kaga in Cyber Formula SIN is the best race scene in the history of anime. It's 100% Fukuda tropes- stock footage galore, SEED mode, Sahashi music, etc. But the editing is so well-done that you can feel the tension and the stakes. Not even Redline comes close. Also super rewarding to see proto Jesus Yamato finally get his ass kicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqE7KfsxkE
>>
>>14536900
>Gundam series directed by Goro Taniguchi or Keiichi Sato
>Gundam series written by Urobutcher
>>
>>14541215
He should've lost though. His booster fully recharges for no reason.
>>
>>14541333
>His booster fully recharges for no reason.

I wonder why you even bother with the mecha genre.
>>
>>14539670
>his cunt wife are
was
>>
>>14539880
>Self-centered
Sounds pretty black and white to me
>>
>>14535818
>Fukuda is 95% of typical Japanese anime directors
FTFY
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.