[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well shit. Just finished watching the final episodes and as it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: gx.jpg (1MB, 1842x1798px) Image search: [Google]
gx.jpg
1MB, 1842x1798px
Well shit. Just finished watching the final episodes and as it turns out this series was damn good.

Early on I was worried it would turn into another Wing-style nigh invincible Gundam team series but that didn't come close to happening. The Gundams got trashed a number of times and upgraded or rebuilt completely and their pilots weren't super aces either. Avoiding the whole one faction vs faction and just exploring the ruined earth was a great premise which I'm glad and amazed they stuck with for more than half the series. Got some good to great characters out of it to like the doc. Really, the Freedens non-combatant crew got a good deal more development and cool parts than say, the poor schlubs helming the White Base.

The last bits definitely did feel rushed, you could tell there really were supposed to be more episodes in space. And Pala deserved at least some earth adventure episodes and time to gel with the main cast. May have been to the series benefit though, not having an extended full-on war arc and instead keeping the feel of adventure the rest of the show was about. Satisfying ending though that last scene...didn't see that coming.

Also really appreciated the "evolving" OPs which only ZZ had done prior to this, and only once as opposed the several times X did it. Both main OPs are pretty hype and the EDs are okay, but made better by using that space for the episode previews.
>>
File: Esperanza II_2.jpg (170KB, 940x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Esperanza II_2.jpg
170KB, 940x1208px
>We'll never see Enil's custom suit in action
>>
When all was Garrod shirtless?

I ask for a friend.
>>
>>14518576
Episode 16, where they reach the beach and prepare to travel to the Sea of Lorelei.

You should know this already, Tiffa.
>>
>>14518531
The fact that the Frost brothers were still alive seemed somewhat jarring but Shagia was in a wheelchair so maybe they got fucked up enough to accept that they aren't strong enough to rule the world? I guess the fact that they never really went to D.O.M.E. but still got a kinda peaceful ending is weird.
>>
>>14518531
The doc was pretty based.
>>
>>14518531
Sure, but the designs for the X Gundam, including its progeny are fucking boring. And Airmaster is a transformers tier design, AKA shit. The Asura Gundam is an uninspired crab and the epyon copy is a BAD epyon copy.

Metabee's Leopoldo Gundam is ok but it's riding Heavyarms' dick so fucking hard that a random, last minute design from Gundam builders Try Harder is better.

I know it's a decent story as far as mecha anime goes but, wew lad, the mecha part is fucking lacking. And just like a stripper with good personality, that shit don't compensate and ugly ass hoe.
>>
>>14518699
Jesus, how does one lack any semblance of tasre?
>>
>>14518699
Except most of the grunts are cool as shit?
>>
>>14518699

>best grunts in the whole gundam series
>motherfucking gx
>motherfucking DOUBLE X
>boring

Shit taste desu.
>>
>>14518707
The vertigo is cool man!

Not sure about the daughter--why do you need three fuckin eyes?! It's literally a proto strike dagger.

The Brocken is a BAD Brocken copy.
>>
>>14518719
Reading comp lacking, boi. Do you see any comments on the grunts?!

Get it fuckin together, boi.
>>
>>14518730
>the mecha part is lacking
>>
>>14518733
>I still don't get it, the post.
>>
>>14518735
Are you insinuating that the last sentence that talks about the entire show as a whole, and not even linked to previous thoughts concerning only the Gundams, and is not even specified to only talking about the Gundams, is in fact ONLY talking about Gundam designs when what was said is
>I know it's a decent story as far as mecha anime goes but, wew lad, the mecha part is fucking lacking
>>
>>14518719
Hey lil man, I know you a keyboard warrior but you fuckin serious that the X grunts are the cream of the crop?
>>
>>14518739
Never mentioned grunts. Don't be obtuse man. Don't subject words to a strained reading. Context, brochacho, context. This is an anonymous board on Nipponese drawings not the fuckin Iowa writers workshop.
>>
File: 1162203142431.jpg (127KB, 800x1098px)
1162203142431.jpg
127KB, 800x1098px
This show had so many good characters it's really unprecedented for a show with literally one writer
>>
>>14518531
Yeah, I watched it recently with my buddy. While the whole Newtype Dolphin thing was pretty stupid, and its kinda weird it only took 15 years to get back to some semblance of normality after the colony drops, outside of that, and the recycled mobile suit designs, I really enjoyed it, and I'd even say it was legimately good.

>>14518689
Best doc in the franchise.
>>
>>14518723
I really like the Vertigo. I wish it had a real kit.
>>
>>14518897
>its kinda weird it only took 15 years to get back to some semblance of normality after the colony drops

This is quite literally one of the founding aspects of X's message.

Humanity destroyed itself, and then pulled itself back together in the course of a single generation. That is fucking amazing, and the main reason why DOME is so hopeful for this new generation and so angry at the old.

X is by far the most optimistic of any Gundam series, which is kinda funny since the name makes it sound super edgy.
>>
X was great because it spat in the face of the whole "Newtypes will guide humanity into the future" thing.

Over in the AW era, all Newtypes accomplished were getting weaponized and then largely killed off. Ordinary humans are the ones who rebuild civilization, and meanwhile a former Newtype who could've done a lot in this new world instead wastes 15 years of his life fruitlessly searching for Newtypes because he ~saw a vision of the future~ but doesn't want to actually buckle down and make it happen.

And then there's the dolphin. Oh, you think Newtypes are going to save us all? Well here's a Newtype. It's a fucking dolphin, and it's an asshole. Yeah, real future of humanity there.
>>
>>14518923
Yeah, one of my favorite things was Garrod *ISN'T* a Newtype.

>>14518914
Ok. I'll give you that.
>>
>>14518897
I think the dolphin as a """newtype""" only accentuated the idea that the powers those called newtypes held were simply genetic mutations and not some evolution to the next step of humanity
>>
File: 1459544410371.png (113KB, 399x423px) Image search: [Google]
1459544410371.png
113KB, 399x423px
>>14519141
True, but it's still a psychic fucking Dolphin. Not to mention the completely inaccurate information about dolphins in that episode, though at the time to be fair, research was lacking.
>>
>>14519144
>psychic fucking Dolphin
Which sounds rad as fuck.
I also find it interesting they stated that dolphins don't kill each other yet if I try to find any info on anything EVER claiming this I find fucking nothing. Did they pull this out of their ass or was this actually something that was believed for a time?
>>
BLU RAYS FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>14519149
They were at one time, believed to be fairly peaceful animals. Dunno if people actually thought that at the time though. They didn't know they're actually horrible monsters until recently though.
>>
>>14519153
Dolphins are the same as any other social carnivore friendly to its friends. Horrible to anyone else.
>>
The episode got wrong the "dolphins have no concept of killing their own kind, unlike humans" but they're not really shown as placid pacifistic animals otherwise.

Initially Tifa's surprised that they hate and mistrust humans, and don't until they achieve some mutual understanding later.
>>
Why is Tifa and Garrod's love so perfect Bros?
>>
>>14519149
I can't stand that shit where writers are all "ONLY HUMANS KILL OTHER HUMANS, ANIMALS NEVER DO THAT, WHY IS MAN SUCH AN UNNATURAL MONSTER?"

Shit animals kill their own all the time, and dolphins specifically are pretty fucked up, what with their underwater rape caves.

Lots of things attributed only to humans are seen in the behaviors of animals or insects, be it a twisted or benign activity.
Sex for pleasure, prostitution, rape, farming, slavery, warfare etc etc.
>>
File: 4189036004_b8a27b3060_b.jpg (630KB, 729x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4189036004_b8a27b3060_b.jpg
630KB, 729x1024px
>>14519211
Bros? Bros is indeed perfect.
>>
>>14519223
I'll beat your ass you cheeky cunt
>>
File: 1467420324547.jpg (12KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467420324547.jpg
12KB, 226x225px
D.O.M.E. and that freaky-ass dead chick in a tube are nightmare fuel. Whatever even is D.O.M.E? Is he 100% software? Or is he a brain in a fucking jar? Something Akira-esque? Spoopy shit.
>>
>>14519236
He's basically 100% software now since his body is long gone
>>
>>14519236
I always assumed DOME was like a soul in a machine kind of thing. Any actual human parts of him (?) are long gone.
>>
>>14518923
I like that about X and Crossbone. Like that letter that Tobiah sends to the shitty princess.
>Can you hike up a mountain in a single day?
>>
>>14518923
Yeah, alot better than shit where the genetically perfect super-mode unbeatable protagonists (who are also secretly newtypes, because they seriously needed more sueshit piled on them) take over and control the entire solar system with their perfect untouched superiority.
>>
WHEN YOU FIND LOOOOVE IN YOUR HEART!
>>
>>14518664
They're going to be less pathetic versions of that con-man at the beginning of the show. Their telepathy would help them in a ton of professions. Maybe they'll own a bar and impress their guests with their amazing service while telling them about their wacky unbelievable adventures from their mercenary days.
>>
>>14519743
Half the point of the Frost Brothers is that they legitimately had an amazing power they could and did use to advance very far in the world.

The other half is that it didn't matter because they were such shitheads about Newtypes that they were wasting their life just as much as Jamil was.
>>
I think they cut something like a full 12 episodes from the run and that's why the ending episodes felt so compressed.
>>
>>14518768
I wasn't really a fan of the DX due to the face spikes limiting the head's range of motion and the weird leg fins, but it's since grown on me. Maybe if the face spikes were painted yellow and attached to the v-fin it'd look cooler, and solar panels on mobile suits is always the tightest shit.
>>
Are the DVDs from Rightstuf any good?
>>
>newtypes are no more
>the moon will always be there
my headcanon is that tomino felt sorry for their failure of a series and let the head writer in on some early pre-production turn a knowledge to hint towards it
>>
>>14520124
The DX's headspikes are just terrible period and need to be removed. They look like an overgrown mustache.
>>
Anyone else get yuri vibes from the brown chick and the other chick that Garrod wanting to reform and befriend?
>>
>>14521415
It was pretty obvious, yes.

Poor Witz ended up as a beard.
>>
>>14518531
I thought the main crew were really enjoyable but just about everything else felt extremely bland or underused. Especially the setting they had the perfect excuse to do a lot of cool things that broke the conventional norms but outside of like the first five episodes it hardly felt like it was even in a post apocalyptic world anymore.
>>
Jamil being a former ace now captain of a ship was a super cool idea
>>
>>14518699
I didn't like Leopard and Airmaster's initial designs, but Airmaster Burst and Leopard Destroy are pretty cool. The MSV designs Kid thinks up before deciding on Burst and Destroy were also damn sweet.
>>
File: 1414553387820.jpg (107KB, 1276x472px) Image search: [Google]
1414553387820.jpg
107KB, 1276x472px
>>14518689
>>14518897
my niggas
>>
>>14518563
im surprised this isnt a MSV Gundam
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.