[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/207531 9/full/ https://web.arch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 42

File: the hack.jpg (142KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
the hack.jpg
142KB, 640x312px
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2075319/full/
https://web.archive.org/web/20160719162134/http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322

>“To all the Evangelion fans, I’m really, really keeping you all waiting,” Anno recently said (via Oricon). “I am truly sorry.”
>“Up until then, after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more,” Anno said.

In other words, with Anno not even thinking he'd make a sequel to 3.33, it is further confirmed that 3.33 really was nonsensical garbage thrown together in a masturbatory way from Anno's team. There was no plan forward, and by the looks of things, still isn't.

>The obvious seemed to be the truth after all. It really puts into perspective how deluded the otaku fanbase of Evangelion is, thinking they'd get a sequel within months after 3.33 as it was "only half a movie". That was in 2012.

So here it is, from the mouth of the god emperor himself, 3.33 was such a shitty movie that it literally killed the franchise
>>
File: 1462605372498.jpg (180KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462605372498.jpg
180KB, 728x696px
>>14517053
>kotaku
>reposting the same shit from /a/ hours ago

Reifag pls. At least use the ANN article if you want to hook some fishes
>>
>>14517053
People care about Rebuild?
>>
>>14517060
>Reifag pls
I don't understand, I just all evafags for being faggots and screaming whenever someone calls their show shit
>>
Eva is the prison Anno inflicted on himself as punishment for his otaku hubris.
>>
>>14517065
Hes just trying to bring the retardation from his /a/ here as well. The thread over there is just 100 posts of the usual reifags vs asukafags with no interesting discussion at all
>>
>>14517061
Not after the shit show that was 3.0.
>>
>>14517061
Yes grandpa people care about something you don't considering the amount of threads we keep getting over 4.0 eventual release.

>>14517148
Reifag pls
>>
I actually think that 3.0 is the best rebuild entry
I even waited for the german release without getting spoilered from anyone
>>
Anno knows that Evangelion is shit because he's a fan of stuff that's actually good.

Isn't it ironic?
>>
>>14517204

Yeah, you're a real special snowflake. If you think it's so good, against the legions of people who think it's shit, how about you explain why it's so amazing instead of spewing retarded statements?
>>
File: drunk-uncle.jpg (170KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
drunk-uncle.jpg
170KB, 650x400px
>>14517053
Nothing of value was lost. The Rebuilds were disgusting after the first one anyway.
>>
>>14517161
>the amount of threads we keep getting

Must be an /a/ thing.

/m/ hates the Rebuild movies.
>>
>>14517233
>/m/ hates the Rebuild movies.
/m/ hates everything. So what?
>>
>>14517053
>In other words, with Anno not even thinking he'd make a sequel to 3.33, it is further confirmed that 3.33 really was nonsensical garbage thrown together in a masturbatory way from Anno's team. There was no plan forward, and by the looks of things, still isn't.

Anyone with 2 working neurons could see that 3.33 made no sense at all. You didn't need a film critic to tell you that. In a way I feel sorry for most evafags that clinged to any kind of interpretation so as not to make the movie 3.33 worthless. Anno literally shouted "Guys, I'm done with Eva" but it was a shout in the desolate wilderness. No one was listening.
>>
>>14517233

Ignore him. He's some autist who literally tracks every Eva thread on every board to shitpost about "Reifags."

I enjoy the Rebuild movies because they show how Anno is trapped by his own creation.
>>
File: 1466779531740.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466779531740.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>14517216
>against the legions of people who think it's shit
Reifags....
>>
>>14517245
Is this your only argument to prove that 3.33 is a flawless movie? That a bunch of waifufaggots didn't like it or liked it?
>>
File: 1441026149971.png (753KB, 985x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1441026149971.png
753KB, 985x1059px
>>14517053
>In other words, with Anno not even thinking he'd make a sequel to 3.33, it is further confirmed that 3.33 really was nonsensical garbage thrown together in a masturbatory way from Anno's team. There was no plan forward, and by the looks of things, still isn't.
You interpreted all that from one sentence?
>>
Yeah, Anno never intended to make a sequel to 3.0! That's why a fourth movie had been announced years earlier and a preview for a fourth movie was shown at the end of 3.0! It's because 3.0 was just a troll and intentionally bad to screw the fanbase! lol dumb evafags! xD
>>
>>14517296
>Anno never intended to make a sequel to 3.0
That's not what OP said. You're looking dumb!
>>
File: q017.png (402KB, 630x358px) Image search: [Google]
q017.png
402KB, 630x358px
>>14517296
Explain pic related then, why did he lie about it?
>>
>>14517310
Those PVs have never been accurate. Reemmeber this scene in 2.0? Of course you don't because it was only shown in the previews for it.
>>
>one of the majors themes of NGE is that poor communication keeps people from having good relationships and connecting with one another
>this was the ENTIRE plot of 3.33
But no it's shit because it wasn't a mindless string of action scenes like 2.22.
>b-but if they just explained everything to shinji everything would have been okay!
No shit retards, that was the entire fucking point. Everyone says Eva is dumb and not deep and yet 90% of you retards can't grasp such a simple message.
>>
File: eZ0uq.jpg (29KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
eZ0uq.jpg
29KB, 600x337px
>>14517317
So, why are you saying the preview for 3.33 is confirmation of anything? So, does pic related means there will be a season 2? Same for G Gundam?
>>
>>14517327
>So, why are you saying the preview for 3.33 is confirmation of anything?
It's confirmation that 4.0 was always in development and was something Anno would get to eventually but he got called to do Godzilla instead. And they weren't going to stop doing Rebuilods given how well they do unlike PSG which bombed.
>>
File: mari.jpg (52KB, 648x439px) Image search: [Google]
mari.jpg
52KB, 648x439px
>>14517310
Where the fuck was this scene in 2.0 then? It was all over the previews shown in 1.0.
>>
File: sunglasses.jpg (15KB, 297x197px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.jpg
15KB, 297x197px
>>14517053
Anno has always been a hack. We don't need news articles to confirm this.
>>
>>14517322
B-b-b-b-b-but.
WAIFUS!
POKA POKA!
Pen Pen

These are things I know!
>>
>>14517322
>to get the point across all characters get turned into dysfunctional retards that always take the worse course of action possible
If you need to make your characters THIS dumb to get the point across then you deserve ridicule.
>>
>>14517310
I don't see what a preview for 2.0 has to do with 4.0's planned development. But to answer your question Anno threw out the original script for 2.0 and started over after that preview had already come out.

>>14517327
What does PSG have to do with Rebuild? PSG doesn't have anything to do with Khara or Anno. You're so fucking simple minded it hurts.
>>
>>14517364
Asukafag pls
>>
>>14517360
You see, that's why you're so dumb! Anno made the characters and plot SO FUCKING SIMPLE so that even retards like you, who says Eva makes no sense, would be able to get it. But no, you're so fucking retarded that you still didn't get it.
>>
>>14517322

Before 3.33 Eva characters had poor communication because they were flawed human beings and were afraid of intimacy.

In 3.33 all information is withheld all the time for literally no conceivable reason other than because if someone had opened their mouth at any time and told Shinji what the fuck was going on, there would be no movie. The movie warps every character/straight up replaces some, regresses all character development, and raises a shit ton of questions that would have made a more interesting movie, while answering almost none, and what it does answer it answers via clumsy not-even-trying exposition dump.

3.33 was a bad movie. A genuinely shit terrible movie. The only theme was that Anno clearly had no interest in doing a movie at that time but was forced to because there's too much jewgold invested in Eva.
>>
File: 1398109680313.jpg (190KB, 476x700px) Image search: [Google]
1398109680313.jpg
190KB, 476x700px
>>14517053
As expected of the master
>>
>>14517373
Seriously, do you think acting like a faggot will somehow make people believe this to be anything more than a worthless movie?
>>
>>14517378
>In 3.33 all information is withheld all the time for literally no conceivable reason
I love this meme
>>
>>14517381
I want to smoke herb with Anno!
>>
>>14517393
What reason did they have to hold vital infromation from the one who can start up the fucking apocalypse if he gets pissed? Why should they go out of their way to aggravate the one who can kill every single remaining person on the goddamn planet?
>>
>>14517393

Could you be any more of a nigger?

Literally all your "arguments" are "you're wrong because you're a reifag" or "you're retarded" or "if it doesn't agree with me it's a meme."
>>
>>14517378
>In 3.33 all information is withheld all the time for literally no conceivable reason
Its been 3 years and people are still spouting this shit when they damn well know the reason why they couldn't explain shit to him at that moment because they were being attacked by Gendo. Its like people will make up any reason to hate on 3.33 for noother reason other than to satisfy their own hubris at this point.
>>
>>14517401
Why didn't they just fly the eagles to mount doom?
>>
>>14517405

>they were being attacked by Gendo all the time for the hours they had Shinji in custody
>nowhere during that time could they take maybe half an hour tops to explain to him what happened after the last thing he remembers
>even though Shinji is now the most important person in the history of the human race
>no, it makes far more sense to just glare at him while he pleads for someone to tell him what the fuck's going on
>i-it's because Gendo was attacking them
>>
>>14517405
Fucking really, the person they assigned to watch over him, Toji sister girl couldn't fucking tell him that the Rei he saved was actually fucking dead and that the world had gone to shit in the time they spent just angrily staring at him? They couldn't have written a goddamn sheet of paper for him to read? Stop trying to samefag you jackass

>>14517409
Because they would have been fucking killed by the nazguls? Didy ou forget that only after their leader who kept them all in working condition died that they then sent the eagles?
Faggot
>>
>>14517401
Its been a while since I watched the movie but they were answering his questions once he settled down, they just weren't aware if he was still human or not so they kept him locked up then shit hit the fan and they had to focus on keeping themselves alive.
>>
>>14517422
>Its been a while since I watched the movie but they were answering his questions once he settled down
No they weren't, he kept asking for explanation about where he was and where Rei was and what the fuck happened but they kept outright ignoring like he didn't exist and when Asuka came into the room she punched the wall and treathened him
>>
>>14517416
>they were being attacked by Gendo all the time for the hours they had Shinji in custody
No they weren't. He just started attacking again just when Shinji reeawoken.
>nowhere during that time could they take maybe half an hour tops to explain to him what happened after the last thing he remembers
What are you talking about? The things that transpired were that. They were in the mist of fighting an enemy and Misato told Shinji to get off the bridge in which he was sent back to the containment bay, where in that time frame do you get "half an hour" from? There was no actual break period until then.
>even though Shinji is now the most important person in the history of the human race
They don't even know that he's human anymore.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to Eva threads now.

>>14517419
>the person they assigned to watch over him, Toji sister girl couldn't fucking tell him that the Rei he saved was actually fucking dead
But they did. Both Misato and her told him that it wasn't the actual Rei but Shinji wouldn't to them in fact this entire movie is about Shinji not listening to people and making bad decisions but you fags still find time to blame someone else for his actions.
>>
>>14517424
Shinji is an asset they clearly dont want to treat like a human being because they were even willing to kill him as a counter measure, why is that people dont get something that simple?

They cant afford to socialize with him.
>>
>>14517424
>No they weren't
Rewatrching the scene now. And they were starting to answer his questions bit by bit. Shinji doesn't even ask him about Rei until Gendo attacks and they had to stop what they're doing because THEY'RE BEING FUCKING ATTACKED.
>>
>>14517440
The Wille crew must been actually pondering about killing Shinji after salvaging him, as it seems they only need Unit 01 and Shinji is only a Gendou clone he engineered for his own purposes.
>>
Well at least we have SRW to finish it up.
>>
>>14517435
So, they treat him like shit, refuse to answer every single one of his questions when he asks them and when the girl he remembers saving comes in a eva that looks suspiciously similar to the one she piloted, with the exact same voice comes asking for him to come with her because she is there to save him from them and she doesn't force him in any way whatsoever and you really think he should believe the people who were just threatening him, put a fucking bomb collar on him and just told that the person piloting the eva with the same voice he rememebers is a lie?
>>
>>14517435

You are remembering the movie wrong, asshole. When Shinji woke up, did they explain anything to him? No, they strapped a bomb collar on him and glared at him. The nicest person to him was Toji's cunt sister, who just started guilt tripping him emotionally. He woke up and everything is completely different, and they strapped a bomb collar on him and started shouting over him and told him to shut the fuck up.

And they had enough time while being a bunch of cold fucks to Shinji that they could afford to fight an Angel in between glaring sessions. And then, and only then, after Asuka has her raging cunt moment trying to fist her way through a wall to get at him, does Gendo attack. So where are you getting that they were operating on some narrow timeframe and being attacked by Gendo all along?

>B-but they told him it wasn't the real Rei and shit

How is he supposed to know what the fuck they're talking about when he's been screaming "where's Rei?" since he woke up and they don't even answer him?
>>
>>14517448
3.0 is units only..again in V
>>
>>14517440
Except they had hours if not days to wonder if they wanted to kill or not because he didn't just come from space and get out of a block whatever it was in minutes, they also knew that his everything was linked to unit 01 so aggravating and threatening the harbinger of ragnarok is suicidal at best
>>
>>14517338
Anno himself said the "Mari looking at the sky" scene was recycled into 2.0 from the trailer because they felt she needed another scene.
>>
>>14517463
Exactly, you basically described the course of action they took in the movie, that doesnt mean they have to treat him as anything more than an engineered thing that is unfortunately expendable as all the Ayanami series that the human race as a whole must instantly associate with extinction and thus loathe it as if they were abominations.
>>
>>14517401
Because they were immediately attacked by Eva 04, and once they did start to explain they were attacked again by Eva 09? As soon as the DSS Choker turns on Eva 04 is all over them.
>>
>>14517455
>The nicest person to him was Toji's cunt sister, who just started guilt tripping him emotionally.
Horse shit. She thanked him for being friends with her brother and asked him to never pilot an eva again.
>>
>>14517494
>asked him to never pilot an eva again.
Yes because she blamed him, something that she did not hide for one second
>>
>>14517455
>When Shinji woke up, did they explain anything to him? No,
Because they were fucking busy with other priorities like FUCKING STAYING ALIVE. You even saw the red alert status that came out during so.

>And they had enough time while being a bunch of cold fucks to Shinji that they could afford to fight an Angel in between glaring sessions.
Where the fuck are you dumbasses getting this shit from? Literally all that transpired in the the scene splashes were
>Shinji wakes up
>WILLE is busy
>Misato sends him to the contamination bay
>Misato and Ritsuko are there
>They get attacked again
Where in that is there a sensible timeframe or are you just making shit up again like you fucks always fucking do?
>How is he supposed to know what the fuck they're talking about when he's been screaming "where's Rei
THEY LITERALLY TELL HIM THAT'S NOT REI. Usually something should have clicked with him that there's something wrong is Rei is attacking the people she once loved but instead he decides to go talk to his dear old dad Gendo because when has that ever turned out right for him?

>>14517452
>So, they treat him like shit
They literally tell him to stay in the contamination bay. Outside a few glares they don't really treat him any differently from the way NERV has always treated him.
>refuse to answer every single one of his questions
This is false. They started answering his questions immediately when he asked, they only stopped because once again they were being attacked.

>she doesn't force him in any way whatsoever
Other than blowing a fucking hole through his room and attacking her former comrades with no remorse and taking him to see his father. Yep this person sure sounds trustworthy over the people who saved my life
>>
>>14517061
There's a large group of people who believe all the garbage we've seen so far is just build up to some amazing reveal that will change the fact they wasted six hours watching shit. Personally I don't get this since 3.0 threw everything 1 and 2 were building up out the window with that time skip.
>>
>>14517469
That scene wasn't in 2.0 or 2.22.
>>
>>14517498
>Other than blowing a fucking hole through his room and attacking her former comrades with no remorse and taking him to see his father. Yep this person sure sounds trustworthy over the people who saved my life
Yes, the room they locked him into, that had a fucking bomb collar that they siad they would use if he did something weird, his "comrads" who kept threatening him.

Why do you keep ignoring that they threatened him, PUT A FUCKING BOMB ON HIS NECK AND TOLD THEY WOULD USE IT?
>>
Rebuild was always about catering to annos personal otaku wishes.

For the first time since the NGE release, he managed to surgically fuck over certain characters like rei and misato, in favor of his favorites, asuka and kaworu. 1.0 and 2.0 only did this is very subtle ways. This wasnt enough to affect peoples memories of the characters they knew and loved from NGE, so he realized he had to go further (literally making Rei soulless, making misato a massive bitch and so on).

After he was done with 3.0 he satisfied his own wishes for how the characters turned out (and the popularity polls show this to be true, with asuka finally surpassing rei for the first time after NGE aired in Japan). He felt he was done, so didnt have the motivation to make another movie. Thats very much the sort of person Anno is if you know anything about him at all.

Now he probably realized he should at least finish the series after taking a break and doing something he cares about.
>>
>>14517506
>Why do you keep ignoring that they threatened him, PUT A FUCKING BOMB ON HIS NECK AND TOLD THEY WOULD USE IT?
Why do you keep ignoring the fact that THEY SAVED HIM FROM DEATH AND THAT THE PERSON TRYING TO SAVE HIM IS ATTACKING THE SAME PEOPLE SHE WAS ALLIES WITH (This is something even he wonders himself) AND WANTS TO TAKE HIM TO HIS DAD.
>>
>>14517504
>Personally I don't get this since 3.0 threw everything 1 and 2 were building up out the window with that time skip.
Building up what?
>>
File: newtype.jpg (15KB, 263x276px) Image search: [Google]
newtype.jpg
15KB, 263x276px
Why are people even talking about this? What is there to even talk about? It's always the same stupid "Anno/Nagano/Kawamori/Tomino RUINED XXXXXXXX" bullshit without any actual discussion. These retarded hate circlejerks have perpetuated themselves over the years and there has been literally nothing new being said in any of them other than the obvious: that creators get old and tired and try new things, usually ending up badly for the audience. You faggots should all kill yourselves.
>>
>>14517523
How about character development for everyone? No matter what camp of faggotry you subscribe to even your waifu/husbando of choice was changing when compared to the tv show but everything was thrown out of the window and every one of the pilots was reduced to their very base characteristic and Misato had her character destroyed and substituted by some pretender
>>
>>14517508
> fuck over certain characters like rei and misato, in favor of his favorites, asuka
How? Asuka has the least screentime, is the least developed character, and accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>14517519
>Why do you keep ignoring the fact that THEY SAVED HIM FROM DEATH
Since when? He was just sealed away in a coffin in space, put there by Gendo no less since his pseudo angels are the ones protecting it and from how he reacted he didn't actually know time had passed until he looked at Ritsuko and Misato. And his last memory of his father was him supporting him in getting inside the eva to stop Zeruel

Why do you fucking lie?
>>
>>14517532
>How about character development for everyone?
Asuka and Rei are less interesting in 2.0 than they were with the TV series and they didn't really do anything with Misato before 3.0. About the only character with an expansion role in the Rebuilds is Kaworu.
>>
>>14517523
Mainly the mystery behind whether or not it really does take place after the events of End of Eva. The first two had tons of little hints gradually building up to that reveal but then that just gets tossed out after everything gets fucked again causing the main focus to now be on everyone trying to survive the third impact. That and whatever the hell Mari was there for, in 2.0 it implied she was working for some sort of third party organization sent to spy on Shinji.
>>
>>14517535
>He was just sealed away in a coffin in space
They literally said in the movie that they had to revitalized his heart because he was pratically in a dead state before they saved him.

>put there by Gendo no less since his pseudo angels are the ones protecting it and from how he reacted he didn't actually know time had passed until he looked at Ritsuko and Misato. And his last memory of his father was him supporting him in getting inside the eva to stop Zeruel
Nice fanfiction
>>
File: 2spike.png (131KB, 586x428px) Image search: [Google]
2spike.png
131KB, 586x428px
>>14517533
>Asuka has the least screentime, is the least developed character,
So she's no different from the TV version
>>
>>14517533
>I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
>>14517508
This so hard.

Arguably he's been doing it ever since the time after EoE, but 3.33 really stepped into a territory no self-respecting author or writer should go into.

When you start intentionally reducing the quality of your own work because of petty things like being upset that your favorite character wasn't the most popular, you've lost all integrity as a writer.
>>
>>14517560
Asuka had a lot of screentime in the middle of the tv show, it's only towards the ending where she's shafted.
>>
>>14517556
Are you fucking with me? The angel things came directly from his fucking obelisk, who do you think put that shit there? Santa Claus?

Of fucking course his heart was weak, he had to break up the obelisk to help Asuka who fucked up as usual and shoot a goddamn eye beam after he had to spend 14 goddamn years in suspended animation

Why do you keep lying?
>>
>>14517533
>How? Asuka has the least screentime, is the least developed character, and accomplishes nothing.

Rei had less screentime than both Misato and Asuka in NGE, yet became the favorite character of a nation. More popular than any of the characters are still to this day, even.

>and accomplishes nothing
It accomplishes what it set out to do, crap on Misato and Rei while making Asuka more popular. You don't need screentime to do that. You just need intense pandering, and 3.33/2.22 delivers HARD on Asuka pandering.

While NGE was for Asuka an unending streak of failure after failure, she's virtually untouchable in the Rebuilds and prominently featured as action/service girl. Just like the otaku want her.
>>
>>14517563
So you didn't watch 2.22
>>
>>14517560
Did you watch the TV series? They probably went into depth about her psychological problems the most excluding Shinji.
>>
>>14517498
>Because they were fucking busy with other priorities like FUCKING STAYING ALIVE. You even saw the red alert status that came out during so.

They had time before, and after. They still fucked up.

>Where the fuck are you dumbasses getting this shit from?
No, where are you getting this from? I should sit you down and force you watch how retarded 3.33 is. Scene for scene, I could explain it to you.

None of you said was entirely true.
>>
>>14517585
Did you watch the TV-series? Asuka in the beginning/middle is basically a generic moeblob character.

>>14517546
Asuka has a severely expanded position now that she's not failing every episode, and has become some sort of human/angel hybrid.

Basically she's been fanfic-ized to have super-powers and crap. Absolutely disgusting, and Asuka fans swallow it raw.
>>
>>14517061
I have to admit I was mostly there for the porn. I really like seeing Mari get gangbanged in doujinshi.
>>
>>14517592
>Asuka fans swallow it raw
Actually they hate it.
>>
>>14517322
>But no it's shit because it wasn't a mindless string of action scenes like 2.22.
Uh, 3.33 was a mindless string of action scenes and nothing more. Zero character development.

>but .le 2.22 is action xD meme
No, 2.22 actually had what 3.33 didn't, character development and characterization for MULTIPLE characters.

3.33 was supposed to be better than 2.22 and to further develop and characterize, instead it threw everything into the trash and went FULL-MOE-RETARD in pandering to Kaworu and Asuka fans.
>>
>>14517592
>Asuka in the beginning/middle is basically a generic moeblob character.

So what? They still went into way more depth about her personality and the events of her life that caused her to be a shitty person during the last eight or so episodes than most the characters. The only reason she seemed so generic at the start was because she got introduced like a quarter into the series.
>>
>>14517596
The Rebuilds brought in such glorious porn, I mush agree. So many fetishes.
>>
>>14517604
Actually they love it
>>
>>14517547
It probably was never intended as a sequel, in fact the story only makes sense if you consider the three movies a cohesive story.

Shinji and Rei are clones of G and Y engineered as triggers for whatever an impact is.
Kaworu is probably also a clone of G hence the father thing in 2.0

Whatever the Marks are, its clear 06 is being superhyped for some reason(in 1.0 we saw it a couple seconds, in 2.0 we saw it a couple seconds, in 3.0 they just did it again, only people think its out of the picture just because it was decapitated which the film itself establishes a Mark functions normally when decapitated, and the preview for the final movie also shows that for some reason NERV mass produced Mark 06)

Kaji(and Mari, which was inmortal since before 2.0) have ties with whatever used the ecosystem research facility as a cover, whoever is doing that research knows something about Core material from the polluted water and is probably one of the foundations of Wille, probably the IPEA under the UN.

In 2.0 Gendou got the Key of Nabuchednezzar, which showed up again in 3.0 and looks like the thing that will change whatever plan SEELE made for Mark. 06.
>>
>>14517604
>check pixiv
Let's see, there's Asuka from 2.0, 3.0, another ten from 3.0, 2.0, 3.0 again.....
oh boy.

>check discussion
rebuild, rebuild, rebuild...

>check popularity polls
>asuka is topping from the rebuild version

>read some interview with Sadamoto where he says Asuka has gotten more popular
>read some interview with Anno where he comments on the fact that Asuka has become more popular than Rei

Yeah, sure pal. The "hate it" when they're busy churning out Rebuild Asuka doujins and fanart, and pretty much forgetting the original exists.
>>
File: 80s-anno.jpg (125KB, 275x693px) Image search: [Google]
80s-anno.jpg
125KB, 275x693px
What if you could travel back in time to the 80s to meet Anno before he started working at Gainax? What would you tell him? Or would you just murder him?
>>
>>14517609
>>14517609
>So what? They still went into way more depth about her personality and the events of her life that caused her to be a shitty person during the last eight or so episodes than most the characters. The only reason she seemed so generic at the start was because she got introduced like a quarter into the series.

No, when she is introduced has nothing to do with it. For half of Evangelion, Asuka was unremarkable as shit. This is because it takes some time to make a profoundly remarkable character. Rome was not built overnight, but it was sacked overnight.

3.33 throws everything into the trash because it wants to pander to the worst scum of the Evangelion fanbase, the Asuka and Kaworu fans. They don't want that depth, they want pure, mindless pandering and boy did Anno deliver.
>>
>>14517617
Fans of NGE Asuka hate her. It's the casuals who never saw the original that like rebuild Asuka.
>>
>>14517625
Murder. Definitely.
>>
>>14517629
Fans of NGE Asuka love her. She's the Asuka they always wanted, an Asuka they can get behind, and isn't a pathetic, weak mess like NGE.
>>
>>14517610
Asuka/Mari rape is a miracle.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll go enjoy the legacy of the Rebuilds instead of arguing here like you fags.
>>
File: honeamisie launch.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
honeamisie launch.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>14517625
>What would you tell him?

Stick to animation and become a sakuga god, don't ever bother directing anything because it'll just bring you depression and death threats.
>>
File: Uncanny Avengers Annual 001-002.jpg (4MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny Avengers Annual 001-002.jpg
4MB, 3975x3056px
>>14517629
Go to hell, you cancerous blob of Asukafaggotry.

It's a mix of both. The new Asuka is designed to attract new casual fans, as well as to stroke the ego of old Asuka fans. They can now take pride in Asuka's success rather than merely pretend they had success in the previous series. They don't have to work up long tirades to defend that Asuka wanted to screw Kaji and thus ruin her pure waifu image, because Rebuild fixed that.
They don't have to invent that she's some sort of mercenary warrior waifu, as Rebuild fixed that.

They don't even have to pretend Re-Take is canon in making Asuka some sort of Angel Hybrid, because guess what, Rebuild takes care of that too.

So you'll be damned right those bastards love it, and in loving it, they're everything that's wrong with the Evangelion fanbase and not just that, but fanbases or communities in general.

But most of all, they love it because characters like Rei, their arch nemesis, got the opposite treatment.
>>
>It's a another Asuka vs. Rei fight.
>>
All this shit is so depressing.
>>
>>14517654
Thanks for proving you have never been to any forum ever.
>>
>>14517654
You are really just proving how much of a Reifag you are. Most Asukafags don't like Shikinami because she's a shallow character devoid of what they liked in the original.
>>
>>14517674
Thanks for proving you're a delusional Asukafag that's mad for being called out. Feel free to kill yourself and improve /m/ and the Evangelion community.
>>
>>14517592
I wouldn't even call her a moe blob. She was just a bit of a cunt at first. I feel like the 'archetype' of the modern tsundere arose from peoples notions of what Asuka was, and then retroactively tried to peg her into that archetype.

>>14517560
no one even mentioned the mlp picture. I'm genuinely impressed
>>
>>14517682
See >>14517684

It's an indisputable fact that Asuka has gotten more, not less, popular due to both 2.0 and 3.0. You are full of shit, and you can pretend Asukafags "hate" Shikinami all you want, the number of doujins, fanart, discussions and everything they say or do speaks to the contrary.
>>
>>14517684
>>14517690
Nice samefag
>>
>>14517682
>>14517674
http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=アスカ

It's more or less just Rebuild Asuka. For every page for more than half a decade back.
>>
>>14517682
>Reifag

Someone should make an "AVOID ZEEK THREADS" image version this for the faggot who keeps spewing this shit to hide his waifufaggotry.
>>
>>14517053
3.0 is complete shit, what is so surprising about it?
>>
>>14517627
>worst scum of the evangeliom fanbase
>not reifags

wew.
>>
File: dWvtzuA.gif (154KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
dWvtzuA.gif
154KB, 704x480px
>>14517694
>>14517684
>>14517699
You are pathetic.
>>
>>14517694
>o-oh no, I got called out
>BETTER CALL SAMEFAG

Anyone can check pixiv, tumblr or wherever Asukafags gather and see the truth. For every Asukafag "hardliner" there are ten Asukafags who prefer the new.
Try the Reifags to see how it looks when people genuinely reject something new.
>>
>>14517706
See >>14517705
>>
>>14517714
see >>14517706

You are pathetic.
>>
>>14517706
Your argument is literally you hate asuka because you're a reifag.
>>
>>14517717
No that you be you.
>>
Ah, there's the problem with Evangelion threads.

Once you start discussing Evangelion or pointing out simple facts, even quoting people, there's bound to be Asukafags on the warpath because they literally can't accept the reality surrounding their favorite character. They even deny themselves, being invested in moe anime chara like modern Asuka, and deny that the majority of Asukafags have followed suit.

They know how embarrasing it is, and so they try to say that it's not true, despite every statistic, number, poll and even statements from the damned director showing otherwise.
>>
>>14517728
Spoken like a true butthurt Reifag.
>>
>>14517721
Your argument is literally that you hate everything non-Asuka because you're a filthy Asukafag. I like Asuka, and Evangelion, as in the original characters. However, it would seem that you don't, as you're a waifufag of the Asukafag type.

Just check out >>14517698
and tell me I'm wrong.

The thing is that even Asukafags know that Shikinami/Neo Asuka is garbage. She is pure pandering made for them, she's like a fatty sweet they're ashamed of eating and will deny eating. Yet when you look at what they eat, all they eat is this forbidden treat.

Don't deny it, the numbers have spoken, and you were predictably wrong. It's only more shameful to keep denying it.
>>
File: 1415976270796.jpg (68KB, 562x488px) Image search: [Google]
1415976270796.jpg
68KB, 562x488px
>>14517705
Know what is sad about this? Its how easy it is to spot you in every thread, you're the first one to scream about samefagging whenever someone says anything about Asuka and you keep going at it even when it stops making any logical sense, why do this man? This is the same way that the Valvrager became infamous, why do you keep doing this on 4chan of all places, Reddit, other internet forums, anywhere else it might be easier since you would find a actual place where there are others who agree 100% with you, here it just becomes childish because your way of working is to literally bury discussion by posting the exact same thing.

>>14517728
>Asukafags
Its not Asukafags since I actually like her, its one guy who has one of the most obvious posting patterns out there, you will notice how he posts whenever he posts, so its not multiple people but one lonely faggot
>>
>>14517748
>Its not Asukafags since I actually like her
That doesn't change anything. You may like her, but Asukafags in general, as a group with a mentality, and the cancer they bring to Evangelion threads will always be the problem.

One problem is the denial as displayed in this thread, despite it being obvious for anyone to see that Asuka has rapidly gained popularity over the years from Rebuild's influence. However, the popularity is shallow and even the Asuka fans know it. See >>14517745
>>
>>14517748
Fuck off asukafag.
>>
File: Unit_Null_in_Launch_Pad.png (566KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Unit_Null_in_Launch_Pad.png
566KB, 1200x675px
KNOW WHAT I ACTUALLY WANT?

I WANT A MOVIE ABOUT PIC RELATED, IT HAS FAR LESS CHANCE OF BEING A FUCK UP SINCE ITS A NEW STORY WITH NEW CHARACTERS
>>
>>14517758
How can it have a stupid group mentality when its one who guys who keeps spaming threads on both /a/ and /m/?
>>
>>14517641
Kill yourself and your family.
>>
>>14517748
Kill yourself
>>
>>14517748
>>14517745
Delusional reifag
>>
>>14517772
He's right though. He made the right decision to go do something pleasurable while we're still here being fags talking about something that doesn't matter. Just sayin'.
>>
>>14517789
Go and kill yourself right now
>>
File: stop.jpg (44KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
44KB, 337x450px
Is this how the mods will act now? Let every single eva thread be buried by a butthurt asshole? Whats next banning me again for calling this bullshit to your attention?
>>
>>14517770
>one guys
It's not one guy. It's several, and don't think for a second that I'm referring to just the well-known turbo-shitposter known as "the autistic asukafag" and other nicknames. He's an aberration as far as I'm concerned, an extreme end showing the absolute worst of what it means to waifufag.

No, I'm referring to the group and how they generally behave. Observe as they pretend that no one likes Shikinami despite the numerous pieces of proof that they do. Cue no true scotsmen and wild accusations of reifaggotry, misatofaggotry or whatever else have you.

When we become unable to discuss something factually, or calmly, we have a problem. In this fanbase, this problem is called "Asukafags".
>>
>>14517797
>textwall kun throwing a hissy fit again
Sasuga. Whens your ETA on the suicide, chuckles?
>>
>>14517797
Butthurt Reifag detected
>>
>>14517654
I don't give a fuck about any of that. I'm not a shallow kid demanding a trophy wife. I like Asuka. That goes for all her flaws. In the Rebuilds there's no struggle, no infatuation with Kaji. No nothing. The moment shit goes wrong and she is just taking Toji's place in this new continuity, we get a time skip and that's the end of it.

It's never fleshed out, she resembles Asuka. That I don't hate, but it's simply not enough to make me love this replacement.
>>
>>14517808
You think I love it? I hate it, but the fact is that this replacement was made for Asuka fans, by Asuka fans. Yes indeed, as Anno and Tsurumaki are confirmed Asuka fans themselves, who profess to being careful to not hurt Asuka fans.

Another fact is that by and large, Asukafags love it. Accept it,even. Gorging on fanservice, be it mecha or sex, they swallow it all.

The truth is simply that Asuka fans in general never liked Asuka for Asuka. No one likes Asuka for Asuka, not even Asuka herself.
>>
>>14517817
No one like Rei for Rei either.
>>
>>14517824
Apparently they do, otherwise the non-original Rei's wouldn't be such a fiasco.
>>
>>14517827
They are upset because she's showing a lot of emotion and not being the submissive silent waifu archetype she created. No one cared about her character.
>>
>>14517840
>They are upset because she's showing a lot of emotion and not being the submissive silent waifu archetype she created
What? Its the exact opposite though, everyone is pissed because they threw away her development through 1.0 and 2.0 to become a retarded doll who doesn't even even understand what books are
>>
>>14517840
Yeah, you're clearly being retarded.

>>14517851
You know what, he's clearly trying to be retarded. This is the problem with Asukafags.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 400x300px
>Shitposter has moved on to Eva threads

Can we finally have a getter thread now?
Is it over at last?
>>
>Evangelion all is done, at least until Anno needs cash again
>Anno can go follow his dream to make Toku

I'm glad. Mecha anime and it's fans should move on from Evangelion.
>>
>>14517840
Tell me why ReiQ is hate by damn nearly everyone, she is by far the most submissive creature in fiction, she is barely a character, if someone told her to stop breathing she would do just that
>>
>>14517857
Why are reifags so retarded?
>>
>>14517764
NOOOOOOOO YOU FAGGOT
IT MUST A STUÍPD FUCKING CRYPTIC RETELLING OF THE SAME SHIT AND RUINING EVERYTHING AT THE END WITH NONSENSE BULLSHIT NOT EVEN THE DIRECTOR COULD FART OUT BUT STILL DECIDED TO FLOW BECAUSE RETARDS LIKE
>>14517772
>>14517778
>>14517788
>>14517759
>>14517758
>>14517748
>>14517736
>>14517745
>>14517728
>>14517714
>>14517717
>>14517721
>>14517706
>>14517705
>>14517698
>>14517694
>>14517674
WILL STILL EAT THAT SHIP UP AND GLADLY PAY FOR IT
NOW ENJOY THIS HOT GARBAGE
>>
>>14517870
Reifags loved her. Da fuck you talkin about.
>>
Its interesting that Tsurumaki almost strangled Enokido when he proposed to save Rei in 2.0(at this stage she was supposed to sacrifice herself to protect Shinji, completely in character with the rest of 2.0) not because he wanted her dead, but because he wanted to do Rei III, a character he regretted they didnt flesh out in the original series.

Then Ohtsuki ruined everything insisting on pander everyone with the insertion of the rescue at the end so people had this weird notion that it was a somewhat happy ending when the original intention was that Shinji lost control of the Eva and Gendou´s plan finally starts in its true form. Originally the movie ended with Kaworu spoiling to the audience something not specified in the CRC after lancing Unit 01, and Gendou and Fuyu saying "F:He has finally come." "G: Yes, finally, It all starts now."

Then it was rewritten to what we all saw.
>>
>>14517884
Show some proof you screaming chimp, every fucking thread since the movie was released has been nothing but people showing reasons why ReIQ is non-character and hated by everyone

SHOW SOME FUCKING PROOF
>>
File: 68961bd319def720cfc54228a7ee4bbb.png (559KB, 806x1024px) Image search: [Google]
68961bd319def720cfc54228a7ee4bbb.png
559KB, 806x1024px
Fucking /a/ crossboarders bringing their waifuwar here.

I mean /m/ has it's own special brand of cancerous shitposting, but we don't want yours as well!
>>
>>14517862
>implying /m/ has just one shitposter
How new are you?
>>
>>14517889
Where the fuck did you pull that from?
>>
>>14517893
How about you get off of /m/ sometime and see the rest of the internet?
>>
>>14517910
Ok then, show those forums that have the proof that she is loved
>>
>>14517901
Asukafag pulling shit out of his ass as usual.
>>
>>14517862
>Can we finally have a getter thread now?

Go back to your fence, Pedro.
>>
File: Armaros_(Second_Design).png (1MB, 800x1565px) Image search: [Google]
Armaros_(Second_Design).png
1MB, 800x1565px
>>14517876
Even Armaros with his infinite edge and the whole ANima clusterfuck would be better than the current eva
>>
>>14517817
The thing is there's no way to measure how much Asuka increase in popularity comes from the Rebuilds. There's multiple factors into play.

There's a new generation coming in contact with the original show. And that's happening after the archetype Rei helped to solidify became widespread. Trends change every decade, as does the industry. So simply by having a different background the otaku from today have a new perspective compared to ones back then. Justifying part of the influx.

Then there's old fans bandwagoning on the Shikinami train just to keep getting more Asuka art and merchandise. They don't necessarily mind the new as long as ''Asuka" is ahead.

And finally we have people that legitimately prefer the Rebuild version or even worse, something I'd rather pretend doesn't exist, people that never saw the originals and have just the movies as guidance.

From afar they all rook the same. But there's fans of the OG, fans of the new and fans of both in the mix.
>>
>>14517926
Isn't there also an autonomous Eva called Satan that lives on the moon in Anima?
>>
>>14517934
Thats him, his name literally means curse one, he is edge incarnate
>>
>>14517884
Wow, butthurt Asukafag playing parrot. Fuck off.
>>
>>14517889
Sorry pal, that's bullshit. Tsurumaki never wanted to do Rei III. He hated the fact that Shinji and Rei were in a close situation, and so he excused himself with that.

If he wanted to do Rei III, he had every opportunity to do so during any of the other two movies. He squandered that chance in 3.33.
>>
>>14517934
There are a bunch of autonomous eva running around, there is one who acts like Shinji, Askua became one through one of the most insane plot devices ever created, Shinji himself became linked with his eva and made new armors for it, the whole thingis a power level gallore and since the author gives less than a single fuck about it the whole thing is entertaining at least
>>
>>14517953
The way he goes around calling everyone a reifag makes me want to find that one French (Belgian?) political cartoon called something like "A day in the life of a communist" where the eponymous communist points at everything he doesn't like and screams "FASCIST!"
>>
>>14517901
In the CRC of 2.0 there´s not only the interviews(which mention that the Tsurumaki stuff happenned at Atami when the producer Ohtsuki wanted Enokido take the script and make his twist,(which is curiously similar to the final film), and got a reaction when he proposed to change the ending without thinking of what was ahead.

Anno explicitly mentions in the interview that the somewhat happy notions of the ending were something that Ohtsuki wanted, explicitly stated as to trick audiences when the next movie would be a lot darker and also mentions that Kaworu was going to state the name of the lance and reveal more stuff at the ending but thought it would be a shame to do it at this point.

And then it also has the story memos and overviews of the script versions from before the Atami script rehaul, those memos sometimes include complete dialogues.
>>
>>14517953
Just copying you since you can't have an actual argument, you retarded reifag.
>>
>>14517972
Is this also the one where Asuka is a werewolf? I know they wanted to do that in the original series but never went through with it.
>>
>>14517929
>The thing is there's no way to measure how much Asuka increase in popularity comes from the Rebuilds. There's multiple factors into play.
There is, and virtually all of it is from Rebuild. The fanart, doujins and discussion all center around, and all the yuri-shipping/regular shipping as well. Sadamoto commented that "they changed Asuka, and she became much more popular" in CUT Magazine #14.

The new generation is in contact with Rebuild. The old generation bandwagons like you say.

>From afar they all rook the same. But there's fans of the OG, fans of the new and fans of both in the mix.
Of course, but the popularity of the character is purely from Rebuild and other Khara media.

Asuka's popularity comes to exist in a vacuum created by Anno shitting on Rei and alienating both the new and old generation.

>>14517893
Hey, dude, it's obviously an assravaged Asukafag. Don't pay it any attention.
>>
>>14517827
Poka Poka wasn't a fiasco. But she never had any cosmetic particularity. The base uniform, same clothes. So any product and art she gets will for most part be lumped with the pre-rebuild ones.

Shikinami had the slav outfit, H-plugsuit, cat helmet, eyepatch. That in itself makes her marketable and sets her visually apart from Sohryu. It's hard to compare with Ayanami. The Rei that got anything new was Q and she was shunned by fans.
>>
>>14517984
You've had multiple arguments, evidence and references by several posters.
You are delusional and needs help.
>>
>>14517986
I think you're talking about the eva created in the US piloted by Mari, its more or less cat mode unit 02 only with actual fur in parts of its body
>>
I want to find some way to take Asuka from the 2D world and violently rape her to death so that her existence is forgotten, if it means forever ending these retarded waifufag conversations.
>>
>>14518019
Typical Reifag
>>
>>14517994
You and your wild hate don't count as arguments or several posters.
>>
In the CRC, Ryosuke Hikawa interviews Tsurumaki and ends up at the Rei/Shinji topic and starts to talk with him if theres some kind of "Love Love strategy" by Gendou to put them together and how weird is that, some people understood Tsurumaki´s response as a sort of dismissal of the relationship between Shinji and Rei in the movies, when read thoughtfully, he clearly just wants to put another light this relationship that is important "There´s no love love strategy" "The relationship between Shinji and Rei is directed by Gendou because of a particular sort of SF motivation, which is typical for Anno"
>>
>>14517929
>>14518039
>>14518033
>>14517992
Fuck off asukafag
>>
>>14518055
You can fuck off to your safe space. I don't know why you are lumping me with the others. If you don't have anything to add to thread besides your asukafags leave just close the tab. If you want to move it in a different direction than do so by talking about >>14517053 not by screaming REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>14518081
Go to hell you cancerous blob of asukafaggatory!
>>
>>14518019
>Reifags are THIS mad
I want to kill all grandfathers of Reifags so they can all bitch about Rei Q being worse than grandpa dying.
>>
>>14517986
When the original series was ending, Ikuto Yamashita issued a proposal for the movie sequel in the works, in this proposal, after the angels were destroyed the different NERV branchs started fighting among them, then humanity almost perished when an experiment activating the new EVANGELION FORTUNE( a four armed eva Yamashita has confirmed is the inspiration of EVA 13) destroyed the human biosystem and caused mental pollution to 90% of humanity, this mental pollution made humans to de-evolve to feral beasts.
In NERV HQ has a barrier against the pollution rays and the only way out is using the evas, Asuka is considered an enemy among HQ since she sided a long time ago with NERV EU before going back to JP, Shinji is mysteriously unnafected by the pollution rays and known artwork shows Asuka with fangs(the werewolf legend among fans), Rei with a gun and Shinji readying a stake inside the entry plug among other things. Also Gendou is alive and was one of the good guys which proposes to make a journey to destroy FORTUNE and save humanity. Obviously, Yamashita has mentioned that some things in this proposal have resurfaced in the new movies.

Anno has also stated in 2014 that the original movies back in 1997 were planned as: Death and Rebirth(in what we know today as Revival, so Death + EoE) and End of Evangelion: a sequel in a setting were humanity lived in a shelter were an AT Field protects them from angels which eat human beings, and the Evas now have their pilots surgically connected through an unbilical chord so they can die if they are inside too long.

However Death and Rebirth couldnt be completed in time so they wasted their two theathrical releases into what was originally going to be one, and Tsurumaki argues that they were too tired by that point to do another movie. Anno has mentioned of course that some concepts of this cancelled project have resurfaced in the new movies
>>
>>14518139
The more I read about all these abandoned sequels, the more I'm glad they were never made.

Until the Rebuilds fucked everything up.
>>
>>14518139
Don't you mean outside?
>>
>>14518139
So this confirms that everyone on the original project liked Rei best and hated Asuka.
>>
>>14518157
If I rmember right, It was inside, I got it as though the only method to pilot the EVA is also a death sentence that made more extreme the time limit factor.

Anyone can correct me If it was otherwise
>>
>>14518162
¿What took you to that logic?, when I read it, I find it actually weird that although Rei IS there, but theres practically no plot details that I know about her except she had a gun and a holster in one Yamashita concept art for his proposal( not that Asuka´s stuff isnt outright bizarre, though), and the "original" EoE has continually being referenced by Anno, Tsurumaki and even Okada, but until 2014 the only information we knew is that they described it as a "Hard SF Evangelion", and post 2014 the only thing we know is that it was sorta like "Shingeki no Kyojin" and that Okada mentioned long ago that "Misato and the gang would wear artic exploration gear and stuff"
>>
>>14518202
>¿
If there was any doubt before, there is none now. Spics have hopped the fence to Eva.
>>
>>14518202
>I find it actually weird that although Rei IS there, but theres practically no plot details that I know about her except she had a gun and a holster in one Yamashita concept art

Isn't that kind of what Rei is all about?
I mean, the whole series has her doing nothing besides show unwavering loyalty to Gendo.
There are two human scenes where she smiles at Shinji before dying and that about wraps it up for her actual involvement with her true nature being explained at the tail end of the series with no real interaction following.
>>
>>14517458
Units only means they will invent some original plot to make up for it.
>>
>>14517764

Whoops, /vg/ holdover.

But that short had no characters to speak of.
>>
File: 1447358502309.png (272KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1447358502309.png
272KB, 640x423px
>This entire thread
>>
>Tomino hates working on Gundam
>he kills every character but still works on it year after year

>Anno hates working on Evangelion
>"BWAAAAH I don't want to work anymore"

What a whiny brat.
>>
>>14518671
>Tomino hates working on Gundam
>always tries to convey a message, usually of hope despite tragedies
>believes strongly in the power of youth
>probably doing well enough for himself after directing countless series
>no more creative input into a franchise he basically built unless Bandai gives him the okay

>Anno hates working on Evangelion
>26 episodes (the last few of which were powerpoint presentations) give him infinite merchandising money
>makes a movie off of it that retains integrity
>use your 100% creative control over the franchise make three more that throw the integrity away and serve only to make more merch so he can roll in even more mountains of dosh
>only message he ever tries to convey is "stop being sad and shit"

Anno a shit
>>
>>14518701
>>only message he ever tries to convey is "Asuka and Kaworu both best waifu"

FTFY
>>
File: 1456414186968.jpg (1MB, 2116x1511px) Image search: [Google]
1456414186968.jpg
1MB, 2116x1511px
>>14518149
I compare it to the show and it sounds ridiculous. I compare it to Rebuild and I feel like we missed out on the Spine of the Death God and whatever the hell Asuka of the Dinosaurs was.
>>
>>14518224
Uh, no? Rei is a cornerstone of the plot and her decisions and hell, just existing makes up for a significant part of the lore. There's several episodes and flashbacks dedicated to fleshing out Rei.

>>14518202
There are no plot details for Rei because the writers at that point were just trying to do what they thought was fun, and that doesn't involve Rei because they aren't Rei fans.

Instead they went with the more serious and professional continuation of the story, which became EoE. You know, without all the fanfiction stuff about werewolves and whatnot.
>>
>>14517992
>Poka Poka wasn't a fiasco. But she never had any cosmetic particularity. The base uniform, same clothes. So any product and art she gets will for most part be lumped with the pre-rebuild ones.
"Poka Poka" is one scene out of several dozens including Rei IIRC. In terms of being creative, of course what you describe there is being a fiasco, however, it's not something that is downright negative.

Asuka had since the start a strong focus on marketability, and had several changes to her character which please the existing fans and capture new market groups. With Rei and Rei Q, it's the complete opposite focus. It's not simply about new additions, it's about what specific additions. Rei Q is in herself a new addition that is all about deteriorating Rei's character, with two main functions:

1- Showcase Rei as a puppet subject to everything and everyone
2- To invalidate the strong characterization and development fans remember being possible in NGE, and to thwart Rei's development in the previous two movies.

To eleborate on #2, it takes a long time to make a good character, and it needs to be done alongside everyone else, as the story isn't about one single main cast character. Shutting down Rei in the third movie guarantees that making Rei a good character in Rebuild is impossible even if they tried, not enough time and too much debt to repay in terms of characterization.

This was done by removing Rei from the story, and introducing Rei Q, who is not Rei in anything but appearance. This means Rei will not have time to reflect on her own existence to properly set up a believable "cloned person" story, and because Rei Q is not Rei, it means that we lose the excellent transition into Rei III the series had.

In other words, they surgically removed all the depth from Rei's character and humiliated it at the same time when there was no practical need to.
>>
>>14518207
Seriously, how the fuck did this happen? What ever made the spanish speaking posters to lose their shit and start a shitposting crusade here?
>>
>>14519270
Except Rei II is a far more complete and better character in Rebuild than she was in NGE.
>>
>>14519295
I don't see any spic shitposting done ITT. Not unless you want to argue that the crazy Asuka fans that raided the thread are spics, and I see no proof of that.
>>
>>14519308
>Except Rei II is a far more complete and better character in Rebuild than she was in NGE.
In no way whatsoever.
>>
>>14519315

in what way did they differ again? both acted like a human shield, and both blew themselves up for no reason.
>>
>>14519323

nevermind, thought the greentext said 'competent', not 'complete'.
>>
>>14519308
Completely wrong, and you're a dumb troll for suggesting it.

Rei is a characer that can't be limited to just Rei I, II or III. Rei is all of them, linearly with a red thread and story arc from start to end. I don't count flashbacks as providing enough of a shift to say it's alinear.

Rei in NGE deals with her emotions and has issues tackling the issue of death, and who she is. This is as "Rei II", or before she dies near the end of the series.
Rei in Rebuild only deals with her emotions, and loses the rest, while also effectively "ending" before the half-point of the series.
>>
>>14518139

Wow. That is... super dumb.

Just an awful idea for a movie. Nerv fighting over the Evas because they are the next big weapon of war is one thing, but all that feral mental pollution stuff and Gendo being a good guy after all? Fanfiction.net tier
>>
>>14519036
>using her middle finger to pull the trigger
Why?
>>
>>14519252

Rei doesn't really make decisions. The only choice Rei ever made for herself was to sacrifice herself to save Shinji, and then she died. That was her one moment of self determination.

The clone that replaced her after that never makes any meaningful choices. Even in End of Evangelion, she only abandons Gendo and goes to Shinji because of the Tree of Life hax. At that point she was just a mindless tool that Gendo and Seele were playing tug or war with.

Remember, Seele knew ahead of time that they could use the MP Evas + Unit 01 to summon and bind Lilith to their will. Or did you think that designing the Evas to resonate with each other and draw a giant glowing tree of like map in the sky only coincided with Lilith showing up by pure random happenstance?
>>
File: 11e_rei-i.jpg (42KB, 352x584px) Image search: [Google]
11e_rei-i.jpg
42KB, 352x584px
>>14519323
>>14519325
But if you want to take that subject anyway, Rei in NGE was far more competent than Rei in Rebuild. This is the case as Rei in NGE has many more opportunities to show competence and insight than Rei in Rebuild has.

Take for instance the relatively early episode where they face Matarael, and Rei becomes the leader of the group despite protests from Asuka. Rei doesn't crave leadership or take it, but naturally leads because she is the most competent.

Consider the early "Dance like you want to win" episode, where Rei nails straight away what Asuka couldn't after repeated tries and failure.

There's also how when Rei decides to go be the human shield, or go danger close on an Angel, it's always a calculated move on her part. It's a logical, last resort measure that more than often saves the day.

In Rebuild, these parts are gone.
>>
>>14519348
She wants cut by the slide, she's self-destructive. Or something about a freshly decanted clone without the strength to do it properly.
>>
File: GDS-5078B.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-5078B.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>14519362
>Rei doesn't really make decisions. The only choice Rei ever made for herself was to sacrifice herself to save Shinji, and then she died. That was her one moment of self determination.

Absolute nonsense. Rei has been making her own decisions all along, as best she could. Rei doesn't sacrifice herself to save Shinji in the series, so I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, you don't know what you're talking about.

There's three, two times where Rei puts herself in the line of fire. The first time is against Ramiel, she doesn't die there. The second time is against Zeruel, she doesn't die there either. The third time, against Armisael, she dies, but not to save Shinji specifically. She died to kill the Angel and save everyone.

This was necessary because:

1- Asuka had at this point become such a colossal disappointment and failure that she was unable to pilot her own EVA.
2- Shinji's EVA, EVA01, had shut down and could no longer fight.
3- Rei's EVA, EVA00, was currently locked in a battle with the Angel it could not win alone.

In this case, as with all the other cases, it was Rei's decision to do what she did. In the earlier example, Rei sortied without permission or even knowledge of the superiors she reports to. There was no post-acknowledgement of what she did either.

>The clone that replaced her after that never makes any meaningful choices. Even in End of Evangelion, she only abandons Gendo and goes to Shinji because of the Tree of Life hax. At that point she was just a mindless tool that Gendo and Seele were playing tug or war with.

Haha, no. It's been an ongoing theme and developmental arc for Rei to distrust Gendo throughout the ENTIRE SERIES. Actual, physical character development that shows itself multiple times. Not to mention that Rei III is still Rei, not another person or a simple clone.

The "tree of life hax" is mere fanwank, as is the rest of what you wrote.
>>
>>14519326

You actually can't consider all of the Reis to be one single character, because there are breakpoints in memory, development, and experience. They look the same and they have a lot of overlap, but just because you get a new puppy that looks like the last one doesn't mean its the same dog.

Rei III was missing memories of things that Rei II had experienced. Thats because 'replacing' Rei was only possible due to Gendo periodically 'backing up' Rei on a save file. That's the purpose of that machine she was always seen in. Backing up memories from the current Rei, so they can be implanted into a new Rei as needed. The same tech they use to program the dummy plugs (which are also based on Rei/Rei clones. The MP Evas used ones based on Kowaru instead, but its the same tech).

That's why Rei III didn't remember the death of Rei II, that entire battle, or the events immediately leading up to it when she was talking with Shinji at the hospital after. Gendo could only restore Rei to her most recent save file, which was obviously sometime before that fight.

Rei is even aware of this limitation of the technology, and the moment she realizes that she is missing memories she concludes she must be the third Rei.

But because this split exists, that means that Rei II, at the time of her death, was a unique individual who IS NOT CONTINUED. Rei III is a different unique entity. They just share the same character design, and are used to house Lilith's soul at different times.
>>
>>14519394
> Rei doesn't sacrifice herself to save Shinji in the series, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Strange that you missed one of Rei's most important scenes.

Its during the Armisael fight. Shinji shows up, Armisael destroys his weapon, and is preparing to fuse with him as well. Rei sacrifices herself to prevent the loss of Shinji and Unit 01 as well, and blows herself up. Gendo tells her not to do it, but Rei does it anyway.

Thus ends Rei II.
>>
since this is a sequel time loop maybe Reis are just getting tired of this shit and don't care as much
>>
>>14519400
>You actually can't consider all of the Reis to be one single character, because there are breakpoints in memory, development, and experience. They look the same and they have a lot of overlap, but just because you get a new puppy that looks like the last one doesn't mean its the same dog.

They are factually the same character. Credited as one character, same name, treated as one. We're not talking about three dogs, but one single dog that may through science, relocate into another body once it is dead.
As for the memories, we don't consider Shinji to be two characters because he forgot all about his past and what he saw at NERV.

Rei III is Rei II, and there are missing memories, naturally. The backups you speak of are indeed printed on the new body, and they are of course, incomplete. But these are only memories. Evangelion is highlighting to you, as a thought experiment through Rei's character, what memory and the soul means. In Evangelion, these are two physically separate things that may be manipulated by science and human means.

Because the soul is the same, the character is also the same. The very consciousness of the character within that soul. This is why Rei is able to remember things that she physically could not, as her memory was not backed up in time.

There is no split, and Rei is always an unique individual because what makes up the fundamental individual is the individuals soul, and that remained the same. She does not "house" Lilith, she physically and literally is Lilith herself.
>>
>>14519416
Except there's no mention whatsoever for Rei doing this specifically for Shinji. Neither does it make any sense in previous episodes where she does similar things without approval, as it is not for Shinji then either.

Regardless your dumb Rei-hating ass was shut down the second you acknowledged that there was more than one time Rei made her own decisions. If you want to speak of lack of decision making, look towards the doll Asuka.
>>
>>14519416
>hurr durr I make up things
Gendo never said for Rei to not do it. That was Misato.
Rei never sacrificed herself for Shinji in NGE, she sacrificed herself to kill the Angel and save humanity, Shinji being one of the many lives she saved that day.

Rei II "ends", but Rei does not end there.
>>
File: jiiiiii.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jiiiiii.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>14519421
Nah. Hypothetical Meta Rei is still going to have been into it.
>>
>>14519433
Hypothetical Meta Rei busts her ass all the time while the Regular Clone Reis get lazier and lazier.
>>
File: 16183835501344.png (2MB, 4002x5676px) Image search: [Google]
16183835501344.png
2MB, 4002x5676px
>>14519400
Here you go m8. It should explain why you're wrong.

>>14519362
Hello retarded Asukafag. FYI Rei is Lilith, Rei being Lilith's name as a human. Rei looked up to and cared for Gendo, however she also recognized him as someone oppressive and hostile. This should be clear to you since Rei makes a point of it several times, and basically ends up crushing the one memento she had of him in anger and hatred by the end.

Lilith's soul is moved into clone bodies, forming Rei. When that body dies, the soul remains and is put into a new body. It's like replacing a lost limb, effectively. Event he memories can be replaced thanks to memory backup.
>>
File: 1458928102532.jpg (291KB, 908x834px) Image search: [Google]
1458928102532.jpg
291KB, 908x834px
Asuka is such a fucking retarded puppet. She's basically NERV's lapdog with no personality, once they said she couldn't pilot any more she literally broke down into a lifeless husk after trying to kill herself.

They would have fared so much better with another pilot than Asuka.
>>
>>14519447
Rei's half yui genetics from yui going goop and half lilith genetics from the lcl in the goop
they took the goop from yui's plug and made rei from it
>>
>>14519463
Considering it's on official record that Rei is only 50% Yui genetically, that makes sense.
>>
File: 1468596492571.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1468596492571.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
>this whole thread
this is exactly why I love evangelion threads in /m/
>>
>>14519473
4chan as a whole is Reifag central.
>>
>>14519463
>>14519469
Pure wank and contradicted by Naoko's ignorance of Rei. Details of her creation aren't elaborated beyond a physical component from Yui and a spiritual one from Lilith.
>>
>>14519491
It isn't, as it's founder(s) prefer Asuka, and polls done on /a/ show a majority preference for Asuka.

You only think it's "Reifag Central" because Asuka fans are generally cowards who consistently resort to shitposting.
>>
>>14519495
No you listen here scumbag:

>Pure wank and contradicted by Naoko's ignorance of Rei.
What on earth does Naoko being ignorant of Rei prove? It's shown clearly that she was never in on the project that created Rei in the first place. Why would her ignorance of Rei and what she was prove anything?

>Details of her creation aren't elaborated beyond a physical component from Yui and a spiritual one from Lilith.
Considering that Rei's physical body differs not only from Yui's body physically, but also from humans in general, logic would dictate that your assertation is wrong. Because we factually observe this in NGE, there is more in than Yui in there.

Sadamoto explains that Rei is genetically 50% Yui, and 50% Adam. That would make Rei a cross between Lilith(as derived from Lilin) and Adam, with the soul of Lilith to power it all.
>>
>>14519500
So you've never been to /a/?
I don’t blame you but you shouldn't make stuff up to force your argument.
>>
>>14519512
I'm not making it up.

m00t, the founder of 4chan says he prefers Asuka.
When m00t quit, the Asuka fans threw a furore because they were worried that the new owner Hiro wouldn't be an Asuka fan as well. It turns out he was, and so they rejoiced. Asuka fans are generally weak-minded people who need some authority to base their opinion on, much like they do with Hideaki Anno and his preference for Asuka.

There has been several polls on /a/ and all of they did show a preference for Asuka. These were strawpolls, google form documents and more.

Perhaps you want to suggest that the Asuka fans cheated on the polls?
>>
File: CcSugGL.png (349KB, 1000x976px) Image search: [Google]
CcSugGL.png
349KB, 1000x976px
>>14519512
>>14519491
Straight off google. If I bothered saving the rest of the nonsense Asuka fans repost as "proof" Asuka is the best, I'd have the ones of the new guy as well.
>>
>>14519528
Yes, it's ridiculously easy to cheat those polls, especially strawpool.
>>
>>14519534
>that banned guy
kek
>>
>>14519539
While I wouldn't put it past Asuka fans to cheat, lie or otherwise act inappropriately, I don't have proof of them cheating.

Ergo, giving both the benefit of the doubts, I count the results as genuine.
>>
Asuka's obviously the better character but Rei would obv be better waifu IRL
>>
>>14519571
Rei is the better character, obviously.

It's the waifu thing that's purely subjective.
>>
>>14519571
In what way could Rei possibly not be a better character than Asuka?

Rei has more depth and development, but Asuka has more screentime. That doesn't mean Asuka is the better character.
>>
>>14519581
Asuka's development is subtle and better done than Rei.
>>
>>14519590
Asuka barely has development. Rei has clear development, both subtle and unsubtle.
>>
>>14519581
Asuka's character feels unresolved but I don't think that means she's less developed.

Rei's plight is unrelatable. I saw her more as a symbol than a character.

Asuka's plight--her neurosis, her inferiority complex, loneliness, self-sabotaging--is very human. I also like how she was basically the worst pilot, as opposed to Rei's... I won't wanna say Mary-Sueish, but unlikely competence and skill
>>
>>14519596
>Asuka's character feels unresolved but I don't think that means she's less developed.
That's quite literally what it means.

>Rei's plight is unrelatable. I saw her more as a symbol than a character.
Unrelatable? It's a sad thing that you can't relate to questioning your own existence, or self-improvement in general.

Rei is more than just a character, she's a symbol and a thought experiment. She's something far more than just replicating known experience and art, which is what Asuka does. Rei as a character represents becoming something of it's own in more ways than one.

>Asuka's plight--her neurosis, her inferiority complex, loneliness, self-sabotaging--is very human.
But even more human is Rei's plight, the quest to understand yourself and the world around you. It's not just more human, it's quintessentially human at a fundamental level.

Asuka is more of a corner case - with a specific neurosis, an inferiority complex only found in some tiny part of the population - not everyone can relate. I definitely can't, and neither can a lot of people. Woe to those who do, I say.

They have some things in common, like self-sabotage and loneliness. Rei is definitely very lonely, and continuously skimps out personal welfare because "she does not need it.".
>>
>>14517748
Holy shit, what kind of retard made this diagram and what kind of simpering halfwit would use it as if it wasn't a blatant affront to the simplest pretenses of human intelligence? Do you fucking know what a pyramid is? Do you understand how a pyramid chart works? The bottom is the FOUNDATION, as in the NECESSARY parts. You build upwards until you get to the most superfluous parts at the top. That's why the working class is on the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid. That's why sugars are at the top of the food pyramid. Please elaborate for me the fundamental virtues of name-calling as the groundwork of an argument such that it ends in refuting the central point. You stupid drooling illiterate.
>>
>>14517592
Sounds like ANIMA
>>
>>14519611
Not that guy but it's called "Graham's hierarchy of disagreement", and I doubt that poster is Graham himself.
>>
>>14517053
> “I am truly sorry.”
You should be, you bastard! It's been ages!
>>
>>14517592
>Asuka in the beginning/middle is basically a generic moeblob character.

So I hate the over-use of the word "deconstructive", but one of the genuinely deconstructive things about this show it how it takes these old cliches (which weren't THAT old at the time)--the cold distant girl, the arrogant bratty tundere--and slowly reveals these personalities as fronts they're putting up to relate to others. The first half of NGE is purposefully generic in a lot of ways, partially because it works and it's fun, partially because they got some mileage out of playing these cliches and making you look deeper.
>>
>>14519645
Not really. Asuka is genuinely a bratty tsundere, but she has a past.
Rei isn't putting up a front at all, but Rei is that way for understandable reasons.
>>
Rei develops into being more emotional, more in touch with herself, while also confronting the dark secrets behind her creations. She does this regularly since the beginning too, gradually chipping off the edge. It's not just about learning that "relationships are good" with Rei, but also that some relationships are bad - i.e the one with Gendo, in which she ends up rejecting and shunning Gendo by the end.

Asuka has no development as a character, as she remains the same for virtually the entire series. She is unable to change herself, and she takes the consequences of not being able to adapt or understand new things. She may deteriorate, become hurt or unresponsive, but she is still the same character she was at the beginning.

As for more impact on others, well, I don't know. Rei has Gendo the Ice Mountain rush to her aid in despair, she has Shinji crying for her safety, she saves Asuka and everyone elses lives several times,and of course, she makes Asuka and Ritsuko for instance super-jealous. She is admired by both Toji and Kensuke, for maturity and uh, calves. She makes Shinji try to care for others than himself at times, which is good.
What about a literal impact, didn't Rei as Lilith give birth to them all prior to the series, and didn't Rei oversee the third Impact?

And Asuka has had no impact on other people, particularly Shinji. She has no dealings with other major characters.

But then there's the payoff.... wow. Rei just has Asuka beat in every way here.

While Asuka is never in the series able to actualize herself and make a decision for improvement, Rei was. Rei then goes on to become a God, and Asuka just rode Rei's wave
>>
>>14517061
I wanna see how this shit ends.
>>
>>14519473
Rei a shit. See Japan.
>>
>>14519458
>muh puppet
>acts on her own and disobeys orders as early as her intro episode
Sasuga dollfucker.
>>
>>14519978
You're retarded.
One irony of Evangelion is that Asuka calls Rei a puppet.

Asuka was reared as a small child to become an EVA-pilot, and never ever considered that she'd have some sort of other future than the one planned for her by NERV.
Rei was also reared from a small child to serve NERV, but she ends up questioning not only herself and her own role, but

Practically the consequences of this is best shown in Evangelion's late-game.

When Rei loses her EVA and cannot pilot any more, she is virtually unaffected and instead turns the focus on antagonizing NERV and understanding her situation better.

When Asuka is unable to pilot because NERV has rejected her, she loses all will to live and becomes catatonic to the point you'd think she was comatose.

We can see here that Asuka is and always was, a puppet being controlled by NERV. Like a puppet, she collapses into a lifeless abhuman once the strings to her puppet masters, the EVA, is cut.
Rei on the other hand, proves Asuka wrong by not only retaining the integrity of her personality, but also strengthening it.

There is a reason for why Asuka is the one with dolls in her background, and Rei is free of it.
>>
>>14520001
>asukafags resort to insults and violence
You're pathetic. Accept it, stop lying about a cartoon because you want to protect the image of your waifu. Especially give up on the idea that Asuka is better than Rei in the original in fields like these,
>>
>>14520016
>why won't you babysit me just like old times?
Probably because you've lost each and every time and like the kike you are, pretend nothing happened. Cry more you insolent fucksmock.
>>
>>14520032
You lost each time. I provided in depth explanations and solid evidence while you just spout obscene remarks.
>>
>>14520042
Is that what you tell yourself at night?
>>
>>14520055
Asukafags really are the worst.
>>
>>14520055
Avoiding the issue again. Typical asukafag.
>>
>>14520059
>If I ignore it, maybe he'll go away
You must not run away.

>>14520071
Reifags are literally worse than grandpa dying.
>>
>>14520075
Can you stop samefagging when defeated? Or wait more than 4 seconds to do so?
>>
>>14520086
I never got defeated. You asukafags got BTFO and are just fireposting because you have no argument to defend your shitty waifu.
>>
>>14520119
>ignoring that samefag callout
>muh BTFO
>>>/reddit/
>>
I'm still mad that they used garbage redesigns and now there won't be more stuff of the TV Eva's.
>>
>>14520135

I'm actually really disappointed that Rebuild probably won't be completed.

You could have reasonably ended Rebuild with 2.0, you just don't watch the after-credits bit with Kowaru spearing Unit 01. That way, the very last par of the movie is Ritsuko saying that this is the end of the world.

Its kiiiiind of a weird way to end it, but it works. You got your emotional climax, Shinji manned up and got the girl but ended the world in the process. GG, thanks for playing.

But Rebuild 3 is just a really poor stopping point. It raises as sorts of new questions, and doesn't wrap anything up. Its very clearly the beginning of something, not the ending of something.

Is it so much to ask for a little closure or resolution?
>>
File: 1459928706236.jpg (14KB, 400x364px) Image search: [Google]
1459928706236.jpg
14KB, 400x364px
The real underdeveloped characters of Eva were the angels. I'm not fucking kidding. It's established that angels are literally human beings, so how come we don't get to see their side? Yeah, I know Armisael and Kaworu touch on that, but for the former it never goes beyond "me so ronery" and Kaworu has no personality beyond schlickbait.
>>
>>14520298
They have exactly as much character as they should ever, related to the audience by the forms and tactics they employ and their demeanor.
>>
>>14520482
>related to the audience by the forms and tactics they employ
Stomp around like a Godzilla reject and blow shit up with lasers.

>and their demeanor
Rargh I am a monster I kill you.
>>
>>14520533
I meant more like Sachiel's tilt and blink while it swatted experimentally at the SDF. Until they managed to hurt it and it grew a second head with a hatefuck beam. First contact between an Angel and something like itself, Sachiel doesn't even look like its fighting to start with as much as its hurting Unit 01 to see what it does.
>>
>>14519645
Except Asuka really was a tsundere with a superiority complex when she got there, it was only when Shinji revealed that for all of his whimpering he was s mosnter pilot and Rei was able to follow orders without bitching that Asuka started backpedaling on her bullshit, she only went into overdrive bitchiness when she started falling behind everyone in pilot ability
>>
>>14520298
>schlickbait
Wrong board, perhaps?
>>
>>14519994
Wow, this just gets it so right.
>>
>>14519534
Drunk shitposting moot was the best moot. Remember when he looped the Terminator 2 theme because he watched it while drunk?
>>
>>14519534
>Sigh.

Was moot literally reddit?
>>
>>14520957
>>14520977
Who the fuck is moot?
>>
>>14520569
Are you high? The first thing Sachiel does when he sees 01 is stab her with his forearm lightsabers. That's not an act of curiosity, that's naked hostility.
>>
>>14520977
moot cared not for his image, he was simply himself
>>
>>14520977
All Asukafags are tumblr
>>
>3.0 is a clusterfuck
>a clusterfuck that Anno didn't even think he was going to continue

4.0 is gonna be a masterpiece
>>
>>14517053
Imagine you'd be in his position. You're an artist for most of your life, have done some great things but everyone just wants to see you make the exact same thing over and over again. It's the same with guys like George Lucas or Hideo Kojima. They did some cool stuff, but now they're just known as "the star wars guy" and "the metal gear guy" and that just sucks.
>>
>>14522004

I have no sympathy for these people. Nobody is forcing them to keep signing new contracts to keep working on the same thing. They have only themselves to blame for agreeing to be paid large sums of money. They could've always said "no" and walked away while someone else picks up the reigns. That's why popular movie franchises like Mission: Impossible and The Fast & The Furious each have several directors among them.
>>
>>14522197

Would you want someone else fucking with your creation? If it's going to get fucked with anyway, you might as well be in control.
>>
>>14522213

It's not "your" creation if someone else has the rights to it.

If you have to sign a contract, you are not an artist.
>>
>>14522229
the creator is still the creator

ownership is something else entirely
>>
>>14522231
That's irrelevant if the "creator" is writing something for another entity who is funding the project.
>>
>>14522229

That's the most powerfully retarded and hipster thing I've ever seen. Did you post from Starbucks?
>>
>>14522229
>If you have to sign a contract, you are not an artist.

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>14521450
I hope Anno decides to drop the movies and do a new series instead. The fast paced movie format don't suit Evangelion's storytelling at all.
>>
>>14522678

For all the shit Rebuild 1 and 2 got, they were solid movies that seemed to be building up to something, and the only thing I truly disliked, was Mari.

3.33 though just took a big shit on everything. It was like some intern wrote down Anno's ramblings while he was drunk and by the time he sobered up they had already drawn up full storyboards.
>>
>>14522682
Rebuild 3.33 came from Anno himself, not some intern. Well, unless you count people like Tsurumaki.

See >>14517508
which makes some good points.
>>
>>14522691

Whatever, man, I don't care who it came from. It was garbage.
>>
>>14522666

It's a felony to advise people to kill themselves.
>>
>>14517053
Actually, it makes perfect sense and even fits with how original Eva went.

In the original, the crew was too used to writing the characters the way they were and the higher ups didn't want to go anywhere new because the current characters sold.

When the characters reached (or were about to reach) some major development, some traumatizing event would happen and reset them to how they were before.

---

"REI JUST EXPRESSED HER LOVE FOR SHINJI! WHAT DO WE DO NOW?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"KILL HER AND GRAB A NEW ONE FROM THE TANK. THEN WE WON'T HAVE TO WRITE NEW STUFF."

"THAT'S BRILLIANT. THE FANS WILL LOVE IT."

---

"SHINJI IS MANNING UP AND THIS ISN'T SUPER ROBOT WARS! WHAT DO WE DO NOW?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"MAKE IT SO HE HAS TO KILL HIS NEW FRIEND. HE'LL GET MESSED UP AGAIN. THEN WE WON'T HAVE TO WRITE NEW STUFF."

"THAT'S BRILLIANT. THE FANS WILL LOVE IT."

---

The increasing postponement of the next movie fits with this and Anno's recent comment pretty much confirms it. They have written themselves into new territory without a way to turn back and they have no plan or direction moving forward.

In my opinion, the answer is simple but they won't take the course: End the fighting and give some of the characters a good end. After all this time in limbo, they deserve at least that.
>>
>>14527005
yeah it's such a pain when cartoon characters go off-script
>>
>>14527005
Not to be a dick or anything, but I don't think you understand Rebuild or Anno/Khara at all.
>>
>>14517508
Anno only had a few goals:

1 - The obvious, invest and receive massive profit.

2 - Popularize his favorite characters - because Anno is still hurt that Asuka isn't #1.

3 - Get revenge on Rei Ayanami's character and the fans for making his favorite character lose.

Once Hideaki Anno had made 3.33, and he had thrown his massive otaku tantrum, there would never be any need for him to complete the fourth movie. It gave him the results he wanted, and he got to stick it to the Rei fans. (moreso than usual)

He's a petty man. Still angry about Japan losing WWII, by the way. Japan didn't lose because the fight was unfair, and Asuka didn't lose because the fight was unfair either. They were two battles, Japan and Anno started the fight, but Rei and the US were simply just superior to them at the time, and won fair and square.

But now that he has complete creative control, he can rig a new pseudo-battle via the Rebuilds he set up, so that he may lick his wounds by engineering a character-pop victory for his favorites.

That's Rebuild in a nutshell.
>>
>>14527025
Didn't get enough replies on /a/?
>>
If you're attracted to any of the Eva girls then you have some serious mental problems. Literally.
>>
File: evazilla.jpg (84KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
evazilla.jpg
84KB, 540x960px
Someone, anyone, please put Anno out of his misery.
>>
File: evazilla2.jpg (204KB, 960x1704px) Image search: [Google]
evazilla2.jpg
204KB, 960x1704px
>>14527035
Honest to god, I think he may be an even bigger hack than Miura now.
>>
>>14527035
>>14527034
>>14527039

Otaku's gonna otaku.
>>
>>14522678
>I hope Anno decides to drop the movies and do a new series instead. The fast paced movie format don't suit Evangelion's storytelling at all.

The tv series format didn't suit Evangelion either as seen from the total mess that are half the episodes. Really it doesn't matter wether you do it for tv or cinema if you have a talented writer that knows how to write realistic characters. Anno has shown time and time again that he is simply incapable of doing it. Having a 50 episode Evangelion tv series won't fix the problems as long as Anno is in charge.
>>
>>14527044
The TV-series format fits far more than the movie format.

NGE was created over the span of a few years, Rebuild has been in the works for nearly a decade now.
>>
>>14527025
How the hell throwing Asuka in an antagonistic position to the point of view character (Shinji) would make her more popular? The only character that comes out of 3.3 looking better is Kaworu.
>>
>>14527051
Because everyone hates Shinji, including the audience, including Anno. Why do you think his non-Eva 01 merchandise sells like shit? By having the fan-favorite character yell at the emasculated fan-hated character, it makes the fan favorite look even better.
>>
>>14527051
Not that poster, but if you remember Asuka was always antagonistic towards Shinji. Well, she was antagonistic towards everyone, even herself.

In Asuka's case, it forms a tsundere charm that is enhanced tenfold in Rebuild because Asuka now has all her uncomfortable issues and trait removed.

In Rebuild, she still cares for Shinji and all of her scenes, even alone, are her thinking about Shinji. After 14 years. Knowing the kid for only a few weeks at most in 2.0. Now that makes for some strong shipping mojo and tsundere action, lemme tell ya that.

Hell, Tsurumaki commented on the scene where she bitches out and acts a thundercunt in Terminal Dogma, and his comment? HIs only comment? That it was "SUPER-CUTE".

Plus it's not just about Asuka's relatively mild antagonism. She's now some sort of half-angel special snowflake with super-powers. The list just goes on and on, might as well just rename the whole thing Re-Take and quit the pretense of being a serious story.

Like I'm real fucking sorry about it all, but it's all true, this is how disgusting EVA has become. It's only focused on Anno's otaku self-pandering, and that's that.
>>
>>14527071
>Hell, Tsurumaki commented on the scene where she bitches out and acts a thundercunt in Terminal Dogma, and his comment? HIs only comment? That it was "SUPER-CUTE".

Sauce or get lost.
>>
>>14527035
>>14527039
You know, for someone who claims to have wanted to make Godzilla so he can temporarily forget about Evangelion, Anno is pretty terrible at it.
>>
>>14527077
It's up on neweva. Finding it is going to be one hell of a task for me, seeing as it's a blog and it's from basically three years ago. If won't come instantly as I have to find it, I hope that's OK.
>>
>>14527085
>>14527077
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3475.html

Damn, I'm so good. My google-fu never ceases to impress me.
>>
>>14527098
>moonshit

Get lost.
>>
>>14444444
>>
>>14527123
Use google translate on the text, if you have above 100 in IQ, you should be able to understand it.
>>
>>14517504
I'm kind of hoping 4.0 is what happens if Shinji doesn't get imprisoned for 14 years.
>>
File: 1469202879799.jpg (68KB, 624x716px) Image search: [Google]
1469202879799.jpg
68KB, 624x716px
>>14527123
>it doesn't count if it isn't translated to my language!!
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 451x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 451x331px
>>14527035
>>14527039
This looks fucking sick, sorry not sorry
>>
File: 39383202332.jpg (73KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
39383202332.jpg
73KB, 400x400px
>>14527083
Evangelion is being used to push Godzilla. Although it seems most of you around here hate the Rebuild films, the reality is they've been extremely successful at Japanese box office and the merchandise sells like hotcakes. Toho is hoping an association with Eva will pull in a larger audience for Shin Godzilla.
>>
>>14517606
Both 3.33 and 2.22 were dog shit you stupid faggot. Please die.
>>
>>14517728
It's not Asukafags in general. Just evageeks users.
>>
>>14522682
>they were solid movies that seemed to be building up to something

Grab a noose faggot. Rebuild was always shit.
>>
>>14527035
>>14527039
>implying Anno came up with this
>>
>>14527238
The box office isn't at all surprising. People don't know what to expect - but they loved 2.22. They want to see the continuation, and so they rushed to see 3.33, which gave it an enormous head start compared to the other two movies. This explains why 3.33 fell sharply in attendance afterwards.

Still a very successful movie, but the numbers tell a story of their own, of disappointment among the audience. After the first week, viewership halved. Then it halved again.
But the viewership was so large that it still pushed 3.33 into large numbers.

When the BD's and DVD's came out, 2.22 remained the top seller by a wide margin. In all of 3.33's lifetime (at least a year ago), it never outsold 2.22's first week numbers.
That is another story in itself.
>>
>>14517627
>3.33 throws everything into the trash because it wants to pander to the worst scum of the Evangelion fanbase
2.22 was the pandering piece. Pretty much everything in that movie is specifically designed to appeal to Eva "fans". It focuses on the relationship between the fan favorite girl and Shinji, it likes juxtaposing soothing musical pieces with disturbing visuals, fight scenes are ridiculous and flashy bullshit, character development takes a backseat to cool setpieces, Shinji has zero issue with piloting Unit 01 and the movie ends with a bombastic apocalypse sequence where Shinji chooses Rei over the world.

3.33 was a middle finger to the people that enjoyed that, it dealt with the consequences of what Shinji had done. Perhaps nobody wants to sit down and talk with the boy who selfishly chose what he wanted over what was right.
>>
>>14527952
>2.22 was the pandering piece. Pretty much everything in that movie is specifically designed to appeal to Eva "fans".
2.22 certainly had pandering, but it kept the constructive tone along the lines of the original and the prequel. The biggest sinner of this pandering is what they did to Asuka.

>It focuses on the relationship between the fan favorite girl and Shinji, it likes juxtaposing soothing musical pieces with disturbing visuals, fight scenes are ridiculous and flashy bullshit, character development takes a backseat to cool setpieces,

You're speaking of 3.33 more than 2.22 here. There's more character development in 2.22's runtime than in the comparable part of runtime in NGE. 3.33 is precisely what you described in an entirely serious and unironic way, which is disastrous.

>Shinji has zero issue with piloting Unit 01 and the movie ends with a bombastic apocalypse sequence where Shinji chooses Rei over the world.
If you watch the original rather than parrot nonsense like this, you'd see that in around the middle of NGE, Shinji has no real problems piloting the EVA. That said, he does have issues piloting it in 2.22, which is why he left.
>>
>>14517547
>>14517523
>>14517504
>>14527157
>>14517615

What you saw for the preview for 3.0 was suppose to be the movie but then the 2011 earthquake happened and they had to scrap the whole movie and start over which is what got released.
>>
>>14528168
That's nonsense and fanwank. There is no proof to support it.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.