[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this this /m/ enough i watched when i was a kid if i not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

is this this /m/ enough i watched when i was a kid
if i not rebember bad it was a pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-9bHhuDUg
>>
>>14508607
Close enough, since one of the leads was a machine person. Still annoyed that the show ended on such an ominous note though.
>>
how the fuck can you even kill the beast planet

an internal planet sized explosion didn't even phase it.
>>
>>14508607

I think Mainframe shows were some of the only animation with storylines and continuity. Reminds me a lot of Japanese anime. Wish more shows had followed this model.

Shadow Raiders was pretty PG for a kid's show. A huge amount of death. No name soldiers get killed all the time every episode.
>>
>>14508788
Sounds like a job for the Gaston planet
>>
>>14508937

I also remember that episode(s) where they go to the Prison planet. The rest of the show features energy weapons, but this one features actual guns, and I think people fall over dead (no gore).
>>
I remember this... the beast planet scared the hell out of me.
>>
>Rock, Ice, Fire planets
>Bone planet
In retrospect that was a little weird
>>
>>14508955
its was scary after all
>>
>>14509011
I always questioned that as a kid, but even watching the show nobody ever explained it and I got tired asking the air.
>>
>>14508937
>I think Mainframe shows were some of the only animation with storylines and continuity. Reminds me a lot of Japanese anime. Wish more shows had followed this model.
Yeah, Mainframe went against the grain any chance they got.
>Shadow Raiders was pretty PG for a kid's show. A huge amount of death. No name soldiers get killed all the time every episode.
I still think that Canadian censors were silly to change the original name (War Planets) just because it had the word "war" in it, like for Beast Wars/Beasties.
>>
>>14509289
I guess they were all supposed to be different resources because they'd been fighting one another over resources forever. Ice was water, rock was minerals, bone must've been food or something. I don't remember what fire was but I do remember some fire dude being pretty mad at the rock and maybe ice planets.

Man I should rewatch this
>>
>>14509708
fire was energy.

But yeah, the idea of four planets having space-faring capabilities where they raid each other for resources was interesting if a little farfetched.
>>
>>14508607

Holy shit

this show was cool as fuck, I had toy of that ice spider tank thing.
>>
File: Forcefield_Generator_(Alliance).jpg (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
Forcefield_Generator_(Alliance).jpg
30KB, 384x384px
>>14509456
Canadian here. Best I can tell, the story's a little different with this show than Beast Wars/Beasties. Unlike Beast Wars, I think this show was actually called "Shadow Raiders" in most locations. Every video I can find says "War Planets: Shadow Raiders" in the title card, and the Wikipedia page for this show just calls it "Shadow Raiders" even though the logo it shows has both names. They definitely did drop the "War Planets" name from the title up here, but if I'm figuring this correctly they streamlined the name to reduce confusion compared to Beast-whatever. Also I guess this meant they didn't have to pay the cast twice for the "Previously on (show name)" voiceovers.

Side note, the greatest ninety minutes of television during my childhood was the Mainframe three-off. ReBoot, Beast, then this show. Tuned in every night.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.