[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most "realistic" mecha series setting wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: MetalGear.jpg (311KB, 1280x910px) Image search: [Google]
MetalGear.jpg
311KB, 1280x910px
What is the most "realistic" mecha series setting wise to experience as a metal gear fan?
>>
I'd say Front Mission though that's a game series, or Gasaraki, at first anyway, it get's weird later on from what I've been told
>>
Votoms, Gasaraki, and Flag are the most realistic I can say
>>
File: muvluv.jpg (215KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
muvluv.jpg
215KB, 1024x600px
>>14487153
>>14487159

Hows muvluv? It seems like it has a pretty realistic setting.
>>
>>14487164
Absolutely atrocious.

If you like Metal Gear, yeah, watch VOTOMS. Chirico is basically a proto-Solid Snake.
>>
>>14487164
It has CHOMP and impossibly tight bodysuits. Not realistic at all.
>>
>>14487148
I honestly don't know why realism is even a concern to people. Superheroes yes, robots no? What the hell.

>>14487159
>No Dougram
Every time.
>>
File: 1040044-snake_raiden.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1040044-snake_raiden.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>14487200
I thought tight body suits was what metal gear was all about.
>>
>>14487205
There's not anything wrong with wanting to watch a down to Earth show that relies more on tactical warfare than flashy super moves so long as you don't go around parading it as arbitrarily superior
>>
There's Dougram, but I don't think you're gonna watch 75 episodes of that.
Here's a taste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKlZ_xKZvJw
(after 16:50)

>>14487217
Tighter.
>>
>>14487205
I don't think the same people who watch capeshit would want realism in mecha. But you know what's weird? You basically just described /co/'s mindset. A genetic mutation allows you to control the weather? Sounds plausible. A 20 meter robot is colored pink? WOW TOTALLY UNREALISTIC 1/10 WOULD NOT WATCH
>>
>>14487205
Some people have different tolerance levels when it comes to certain things. It's fine for there to be a sliding spectrum of believable to completely insane.

The only time that line of thinking bothers me is when someone watches nothing but shows about super powered school children and then complains they don't watch mecha because it's "unrealistic". Is it that much harder for them to just say they don't like robots instead of saying something so stupid?
>>
>Metal Gear

>realism

Just wait for the Genocidal Organ movie to come out. The book literally reads like Project Itoh's Metal Gear fanfiction (hell, it's by all means a prototype for MGS4 and MGSV in terms of having the former's overarching hunt-down-incredibly-dangerous-man plot structure and the latter's initial themes on the lethality of language).

Seriously, moreso than any other thing, if you want to enjoy something as a Metal Gear fan, just pick up a copy of Genocidal Organ. It's quite a disturbing read.
>>
>>14487246
Oh god that's the fucking worst. I wouldn't care if someone bluntly said they don't like robots but usually when people say dumb shit like that their favorite anime tends to be garbage like Kill La Kill, Madoka Magica, Niseimonogatari, Girls Und Panzer, etc
>>
>>14487164
Other than the body suits it's fairly more realistic than most "real robot" shows, especially since it has a shit ton of geopolitics and military terminology
>>
>>14487148
Full Metal Panic
>>
>>14487148
If you like Metal Gear you'll like VOTOMS. I think VOTOMS works best as a followup to Dougram but unless you're really /m/-core Dougram can be a bit much.
>>
>>14487246
For me, it's when a shot tries to make itself LOOK realistic, but ends up being full of bullshit.
Like the Incubators' reason for soul harvesting little girls. They don't fucking know how entropy even works!
Entropy is the act of heat energy attempting to attain equilibrium. As the universe is infinite in size, it will take an infinite amount of time to achieve maximum entropy/equilibrium of energy. Long before this time all life in the universe will have died off due to lack of suns to provide the radiant heat necessary to survive.
Therefore, unless they plan on living forever, it won't effect them. Entropy has NOTHING to do with stars dying. That's them using up all of their fuel. By the time of complete entropy, there will be nothing that can sustain life. Even then, galaxies would probably be sucked into their respective black-holes before entropy was even a legitimate problem.

Fucking white rats.
>>
>>14487148
Patlabor. The setting is one of the most realistic considering that labors are robotic construction equipment that end up being used for crime, so the police have to combat fire with fire and make labors for themselves. Front mission as the game lists wanzers as similar types of equipment made into makeshift combat vehicles and earning a niche in a battle field in the first game. You cannot be more realistic than those for settings. For something the size of rex: it would have to be a setting on a low gravity planet.

As for an MGS-fan: Do you want the craziness of a Kojima game? Then I can't help you.
>>
>>14487228
This is bullshit! There's no way one Shadowhawk is taking on that many Battlemasters.
>>
It's still pretty soft compared to shows like Patlabor, but if your favorite Metal Gear was Snake Eater, you'll appreciate Gundam: The 08th MS Team.
>>
File: Image21.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Image21.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>14489517
I was too busy thinking about war stuff to think about Patlabor. Good call.

Minus the humanoid mecha aspect real life has even had Patlabor-style situations.
>>
File: HT128 Bigfoot.jpg (41KB, 244x400px) Image search: [Google]
HT128 Bigfoot.jpg
41KB, 244x400px
>>14489525
Anon, that's the Dougram against Bigfoots. Just watch Dougram.
>>
>>14487228
>links to Chinese subtitles
You wat m8
>>
Armor hunter mellowlink is in the votoms franchise, and it's focuses on a guy on foot taking down mecha. It's like 12 episodes of boss fights in different stages. And the last fight is him versus a guy with a handgun.... in the middle of an orbital bombardment.
>>
File: kuratas.jpg (172KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kuratas.jpg
172KB, 600x600px
I see a lot of material out there on /m/ saying two legged robot war machines would usless or rather weaker against tanks, but if the upper body of a robot can rotate than and the machine had two pilots for operating the moment and then the weaponry I see advantages to a giant robot.

Help me out with the pros and cons of giant two legged robotic warfare.

I once saw a video of a robotics engineer saying two legged robotics has more capability in mobility Than a tank would.

If nothing else we can look at kuratas.
It has best 9f both world if not more than a tank.

A conventional tank operates like a car where it can only move in one direction at all times, but with this mech design it can move in an direction at a given moment given the proper we eking desgin yet still has the capability have an upper body moving in a 360 motion like a tank turret. With arms this allows for quicker arms transportation and extra fire power not including the back attachments like a large machine gun or small cannon.

https://youtu.be/q1xpsiFPnqU
>>
>>14497224
He also likes to infiltrate bases, and lay traps.
>>
>>14487276
god i ve gotten that exact line from so many madokafags

they all deserve death
>>
>>14487164
muvluv is so shit dude
>>
>>14487276

Almost all of which is better than almost anything related to mecha to come out at in at least the last 20 years, unless you pester Fafnerfags, sad to say.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (48KB, 639x291px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
48KB, 639x291px
>>14487247
Huh.
>>
>>14502277
Kojima thought real highly of Itoh, seeing him as more than just a Metal Gear fan, and in fact someone who truly understood Kojima's messages and intentions for the franchise.

Which explains how he ended up penning the MGS4 novelization, and how he was going to do the same for 3 and Peace Walker if it weren't for his cancer finally doing him in.

But still, you can see the shameless Metal Gear fanboying in Genocidal Organ. It'd be fucking hilarious if KojiPro at some point opted to adapt it into videogame form, giving the company an excuse to make Metal Gear without calling it Metal Gear.
>>
>>14487164
Outside of the couple key technologies that make mechs possible (light&tough supercarbon and actuators etc) and the stylistic choice of humanoid mecha (instead of something more like a legged tank with boosters) and the helmetless latex bodysuits, the military aspect of it is pretty realistic.

There's also ESP elements but they are fairly minor except for Total Eclipse (which goes full on newtypes and telekinesis and shit and should be avoided), and some of the more out there technologies and events, like the evacuation fleet and interdimensional travel, are the result of humans messing with alien technology.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.