[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people here defend the Turn A like it's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

File: Turn_A_Gundam.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Turn_A_Gundam.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
Why do so many people here defend the Turn A like it's the second coming of Christ? I have never seen a mecha design wanked harder than it on /m/.
>>
>>14486226
Not so sure about the Turn A itself, as while I really like it I'm fairly certain that a vast majority of the browsers here have strong dislike for the design. The show itself may just be overrated, but I'd need to give it another watch through
>>
>>14486226
I like how Turn A fags are still ass blasted about the G-Self being completely superior to it.
>>
>>14486226
Because it's hipster Gundam.

It's different and weird and casuals never heard of it.
>>
>>14486265
Well we have to grant the Wrecko fans something to balance out how shit the show is by comparison
>>
>>14486284
Sup Valvrager.
>>
>>14486226
Because it's damn good.

That's like asking:
>why do people "defend" the Mk. II like it's the second coming. . .

There's nothing to defend. Most people can appreciate a good design. Apparently not you.
>>
>>14486335
>Because it's damn good.

Far from the best, and Mk-II has never been as acclaimed here as Turn A.

>There's nothing to defend. Most people can appreciate a good design. Apparently not you.

It's a good design. Doesn't mean it's worthy of the nonstop cocksucking it gets.
>>
>>14486265
>G-Self is superior

What?
I checked the specs in the wiki because i still haven't watched G-reco (it's in the list along with AGE) I don't see how it compares to a basically living machine like Turn-A.

Also, i like the Turn-A's design. just not the arms and the obvious weakspot on the dick.
>>
>>14486366
What board do you browse? Are you a newfag?

Check the archive. Any time a favorite MS thread or even favorite gundam thread is made Turn A is hardly even 20% represented. It is certainly not as cocksucked as you seem to think it is.

And for my money is IS one of the best.
>>
File: 1394571827311.jpg (29KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1394571827311.jpg
29KB, 396x400px
>>14486366
>and Mk-II has never been as acclaimed here as Turn A
>>
>ITT: op complains about literally nothing that has never happened
>>
>>14486379
>Any time a favorite MS thread or even favorite gundam thread is made Turn A is hardly even 20% represented.

Because nobody here ever repeats the same opinions in those threads or on /m/ in general because someone else already did it for them. And you're calling me the newfag?

Try talking shit about the Turn A in any thread and see how you will survive the onslaught of 20+ replies calling you a faggot.
>>
>>14486396
You say this, but that doesn't stop Mk. II from being a very popular/acclaimed suit around here and people discussing it.

Nor does it stop
>Exiafags
>Astrayfags
>Zaku/GMfags
etc.

I dont believe the notion that the Turn A is held as sacred around here. I've seen plenty of criticisms of it and many conflicting opinions. It's mostly positive but that doesn't mean it's apart of board culture to cocksuck this suit. Maybe you were just in a bad thread.
>>
>>14486335
>>14486379
>Because it's damn good.
>And for my money is IS one of the best.

That's because Shigeta fixed it, shitstain. You're giving Mead too much credit.
>>
File: turnA_goodbad.png (154KB, 525x400px) Image search: [Google]
turnA_goodbad.png
154KB, 525x400px
I don't like the Turn A, it has its positives but also a lot of negatives.

>Positives
The line from shoulder to shoulder, across the chest
The legs, especially the vents on the back
Retractable beam saber storage on the shoulders

>Negatives
Completely spherical head shape
Mohawk/topknot and the mustache
Gribbling on the chest and back hatches
Busy lining on the arms
Ugly applications of the classic Gundam colors, especially the yellow
>>
File: mead-turn-a.jpg (161KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
mead-turn-a.jpg
161KB, 736x1030px
>>14486460
The Mead design is literally the same, what are you on about?
>>
>>14486460
>mead was mentioned nowhere

Nice job anon. Go back to /a/ would you.

It's a good design done by both of them.
>>
>>14486469
>let me list my opinions as facts
>this is positive/nagative because I said so
>I even made this little image and named it for this reply
holy balls that autism, this thread really attracts some quality discussion
>>
File: 1459047794412.webm (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1459047794412.webm
1MB, 512x288px
>>14486373
G-Self is more advanced then the Turn A.
>>
>>14486469

How arer the chest and back hatches gribbling when the chest ones all open to reveal missiles, guns or whatever is in there and the back ones are for the Moonlight Butterfly?
>>
>>14486505
The fuck was that.

I still have a long list till i get to G-reco, so what the fuck was that some form of nanomachine fuckery?
>>
>>14486520
It was stupid.
>>
>>14486505
Does Gself need a special backpack to perform this?
Because if so, that's actually less advanced. . .
>>
>>14486520
Photo Torpedoes from its Perfect Pack: basically anti-matter contained in a crystalline form.
>>
>>14486510
The features don't correspond with the opening of the hatches. There's bumps and lining just on top of the hatch doors.
>>
>>14486520

Warning Torpedos
>>
>>14486529
That's not how advancement in technology is measured.
>>
File: 1459047611371.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459047611371.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>14486536
>>
>>14486548
Actually it is when comparing two basic things.

>this microwave is more advanced that this one
>basic functions of microwave 1 exceed microwave 2 but 2 can have an add on that puts it on par with microwave 1 now

That's actually going backwards and not advancement at all then.
>>
>>14486564
Not in the case of modular equipment, so actually its not.
>>
>>14486548

If you look at how the G-Self operates compared to the Turn-A it does come across as the Turn-A being advanced than the G-Self though. The setting as a whole in G-Reco comes across as more advanced since it has space faring ships much more regularly, Venus is a thing and so on, and the Perfect Backpack might be more advanced than the Turn-A, but the G-Self isn't never really comes across that way.

The Turn-A can self repair and still had energy and was active after thousands of years inside a statue while the G-Self ran out of energy and needed new photon batteries around episode 8 and in the finale. The Turn-A has all it's systems contained internally, while the G-Self has a lot of it's functionality contained in optional backpacks (backpacks other suits of similar spec and construction can use). The Turn-A moves using an I-Field system and as such is mostly hollow. The G-Self has a traditional construction. The Turn-A has a weapons silo in it's chest because of this can can mount a multitude of optional weaponry inside the suit. The G-Self has a reactor in the chest like normal.

The Turn-A just comes across as more advanced.
>>
>tfw you lived long enough to witness the Turnfag genocide while the Zetacide swiftly approaches.
What a wonderful world.
>>
>>14486576
Turn A took a long period of time to self repair and I don't see what it matters how a suit is constructed as long as its viable performance wise. Via feats, the G-Self with its various packs is more impressive.
>>
>>14486598

It took several days to self repair it's head I think yea, but that's still more than the G-Self can do. Also, no feat the G-Self can do, with or without backpacks puts a scratch on wiping out all technology on Earth and setting civilization back several thousand years if you want to get in to a dick swinging match about it.
>>
>>14486607
The G-Lucifer apparently had a built-in Moonlight Butterfly but never used it.
Probably nothing to stop them from making a dick swinging backpack.
>>
>>14486607
I hope you aren't referencing non canon shit from the novel and with the Perfect Pack equipped, the G-Self can do everything all of its other equipment packs can do individually.
>>
>>14486624
We saw the G-Lucifer using the Moonlight Butterfly, or at least one of those other late unit mobile suits near G-Reco's ending.
>>
>>14486624

They might be able to. They didn't though.

>>14486625

Have you never watched Turn-A? It's part of the show and the main thing that causes horror when the Black History is revealed and that part comes up. The Perfect Pack is also a pack. It's the operative word. The Pack might be more advanced, I wasn't saying otherwise - only that the Turn-A comes across more advanced for several reasons than the G-Self itself. Not it's packs. Which any suit of correct construction can use since the backpacks use a common connector. There's some name for it in show, the Universal Connector or something?
>>
>>14486647
The Perfect Pack is the only equipment pack developed specifically for the G-Self's exclusive use, making use of the G-Self's advanced features and reactor. Every other equipment pack before it was developed for other suits but due to the universal adaptability, any MS could equip them.

Have you not watched G-Reco?
>>
>>14486677

I did, I forgot that almost certainly minor part. How remiss of me. Do you want to give out some more?
>>
>>14486689
>minor part
That was a major plot point, not a minor thing, dudester.
>>
>>14486704

Okay, then I forgot a major plot point. Again, how remiss of me. I still think the Turn-A comes across as more advanced for numerous reasons as outlined above and that the Perfect Backpack having Photon Missiles doesn't trump that. I don't even think they're the most impressive thing on it personally, and think the Omnidirectional Laser is more so.
>>
Oh great, a power level wank. Just what this shit thread needs.
>>
>>14486727
You can think what you'd like, that fine with me but the G-Self is more impressive to me then the Turn A personally.
>>
>>14486767

Okay then.
>>
>>14486753
It's literally Turn A's only redeeming point. Turnfags can't argue any other point because it's a shit design in a shit show.
>>
>>14486787
/v/-tier argument
>>
File: 1412308704389.gif (2MB, 439x242px) Image search: [Google]
1412308704389.gif
2MB, 439x242px
>>14486505
G-Self is pretty ridiculously overpowered as fuck when you think about it:

>photo torpedoes were used by Bellri on one of if not the lowest settings and that damage those enemy MS were getting were from grazes which horrified him thinking about it being used at full power
>G-Self's omnidirectional laser trashed Gytrash's beam curtain; same beam curtain that was tanking and no-selling the Salamandra
>Even with the though the original Assault Pack the G-Self wasn't capable of damaging or getting past the Yggrdrasil's barriers; the G-Self was damaging the Yggdrasil with the Perfect Pack's version
>Copy-Paste shield basically being OP itself with its ability to not even need a physical emitter; only downside in general for the G-Self is its reliance on battery packs for its equipment and weapons
>>
>>14486900
>Even with the though
am you of are to being of speak the english
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
Even without any packs, the G-Self has the photon shield.
There also that weird bird thing, I don't think it was every explained.
>>
>>14486900

I still think Bellri used the photon torpedoes on 100% given the wording of his reaction. I realize I'm apparently alone in that, but his "I thought I hadn't set them to 100%"or however he words it says to me that it was actually at 100% despite what he thought.
>>
>>14486904
>making a typo makes me ESL or something
>>
>>14486921
I also didn't get the aura thing going on in that special.
>>
>>14486933
That's the photon shield, it was used during the first fight with the Gaitrash. It's the part with the "It's blocking the beams with its hand" comment.
>>
>>14486900
Also, the G-Self's vulcans are actually railguns.
>>
Who invited Grecotards to a Turn A thread anyway?
>>
>>14486992

Aren't they beam weapons?
>>
>>14487011
Yes, they're beam vulcans.
G-Self also has super extendy beam sabers.
>>
File: 10011135a.jpg (91KB, 594x655px) Image search: [Google]
10011135a.jpg
91KB, 594x655px
There are other Gundam stories that are better than Turn A, but there are several that were much worse. While I like the Turn A and Kapool (which isn't original to the series anyways), I don't like the Moonrace mech designs.
>>
>>14487044

Don't several Gundams have those. I know the Turn-A can do it, and I think the Victory ones can too.

>>14487046

The Flat isn't my favorite, but I really like it's vibration system, since it's pretty unique for Gundam as a system both offensively and defensively. The Mahiroo, SUMO, Eagel, WaD and a few others are great though. I love Turn-A's rather eclectic designs personally.
>>
>>14486469
You're so critical. I'd love to see you do fanart of a Gunpla of how you'd want the Turn A to look though.

I might try filling in all the panel lines on my HG Turn A to see how it looks.
>>
>>14487046
I love the Flat and SUMO but those tiny raptor ones and the ones the fatass with a ponytail used and a few others looked way too out of place.
>>
>>14486677
Why are you basing your judgement on the G-Self + accesory as opposed to the G-Self itself on its own.
If you're going to do that, you might as well give the Turn-A a perfect pack as well, because the comparison was being made between the mechs on their own.
>>
>>14487241
Why would the Turn A get the Perfect Pack? The Perfect Pack was developed specifically and uniquely for the G-Self, that's its mid-season upgrade to say its final form.
>>
>>14487272
But the comparison is solely between the two mechs on their own.
Would you consider Avalanche Exia to be Exia? Or 00R to be the 00? No they are separate.

Honestly I wouldn't have jumped in if you had argued from the start that you were comparing the G-Self + Perfect pack to the Turn A.
>>
>>14487292

If that's what he wants to compare, let him compare them. The discussion is done anyways, so it's not like it matters. I mostly just wanted to point out that while I think G-Reco's setting and general technology is more advanced, I think the Turn-A is more advanced than the G-Self, with or without the Perfect Pack. He doesn't feel that way for whatever reason and he's free to I guess, so whatever really.
>>
>>14487292
Avalanche Exia is some non-canon spin-off shit, Perfect Pack G-Self is the final form of the G-Self, seems particularly different to me. A more suitable comparison would be base Exia with Seven Swords Exia.
>>
>>14487511
Not to mention we were discussing levels of advancement, not necessarily which was stronger. Therefore, using the G-Self's unique pack that was in the show as its final form would be a good way to measure which is more advanced. >>14486529
>>
>>14486564
Microwave don't have mini-black-holes.
>>
File: TOY-GDM-2943_01.jpg (70KB, 461x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-GDM-2943_01.jpg
70KB, 461x800px
>complain when it's too gundam
>complain when it's not gundam enough
What do you people want?
>>
>>14486921
It's literally a Hyper Mode.
>>
It's one of the few MS with can these parts actually bend properly kept in mind while designing

This is also what makes the MG so fantastic
>>
>>14488766
To shitpost.
>>
>>14488839
>It's one of the few MS with can these parts actually bend properly kept in mind while designing
ESL?
>>
>>14488839
The damn thing is meant to be a hollow shell controlled by I-fields, saying it has a functional design while referencing a non-canon model kit is fucking retarded.
>>
>>14488766
I really like the Turn A, but if you're talking about the Barbatos, it's not that much less Gundam, it's just shit.
>>
>>14486474
>The Mead design is literally the same

Nope. The proportions are shittier.
>>
>>14486933
Did you miss the episode on Earth where the G-Self goes Kaioken and beats the shit out of Becker's Wuxia?
>>
>>14486335
It looks like a beetle.
>>
File: neat sword.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
neat sword.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
Eh, Aquarion Logos is better anyway
>>
>>14488839
Double-jointed knees and elbows have been a thing since L-Gaim, Turn A does nothing new in that regard.
>>
>>14492604
Don't even compare it to that rubbish, Turn A is ten times better than anything Nagano has ever designed.
>>
>>14490393
Who wrote this Tim Buckley wall of text and thought. 'Yes, this is good material, I'm going to post it on 4chan'!

You should be posthumously aborted if this is yours, and even if it isn't, you should be for saving it.
Also Aquarion Logos is garbage because they didn't give the girls nipples. So Turn A is automatically superior.
>>
>>14492677
>Tim Buckley wall of text
it's a meme, versions of that exist for a bunch of other things
>>
>>14486335
>why do people "defend" the Mk. II like it's the second coming. . .
Cause it's the second coming of the White Devil.
>>
>>14492717
No, you waste of fatty acids and electrons. Bismuth was a meme, this is some horrible Reddit Hong Kong bootleg where they decided to circle jerk a sub standard mecha anime.
>>
>>14492773
not all memes are high standard, dumbfuck
>>
>>14492779
Bismuth was, and you just make excuses for your own dumb fuckery. Shame on you.
>>
>>14492662
Turn A is as ugly as Gothicmade.
>>
>>14492791
nigger that doesn't mean there aren't bad memes
>>
File: Engage1.jpg (207KB, 950x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Engage1.jpg
207KB, 950x1280px
>>14492662
If you tipped your fedora any further it would be upside-down.
>>
>>14487241
>you might as well give the Turn-A a perfect pack as well

The Turn A isn't a modular Mobile Suit, you fucking retard.
>>
>>14486588
do people actually like zeta
>>
File: 815[1].jpg (207KB, 815x1024px) Image search: [Google]
815[1].jpg
207KB, 815x1024px
>>14495187
Fuck yeah. Zeta is far better looking than Turn A.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.