[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like Macross Delta is the worst thing to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 23

File: macross-delta.jpg (126KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
macross-delta.jpg
126KB, 660x350px
Does anyone else feel like Macross Delta is the worst thing to happen to the franchise? It's so fucking boring, cliche, and too idol-y for it's own good. The only reason I haven't dropped it yet is because it's a Macross series.
>>
>>14479909
Yes.
>>
No.
>>
>>14479909
No.
It's certainly a lot better than Frontier. If you disagree, then you've forgotten what Frontier was like.
>>
>>14479909
>Does anyone else feel like Macross Delta is the worst thing to happen to the franchise
That would be Frontier, Delta isn't THAT bad yet.
>>
>>14480134

That would be Zero, filled with hippie dippie nonsense and not even that good apart from some battles to balance it. Or II, which was just plain boring. Frontier was okay.
>>
>>14479909
dropped it right after Messer died
I simply no longer cared
>>
>>14479909
That would be Frontier op.
>>
>>14479909
>>14479909
Pretty much, it's so fucking bad
>>
>>14479909
yes. I agree with you. Windermere's war against NUNS is ridiculous
>>
>>14479909
Japanese Idol culture is the worst
>>
Frontier is much better compared to Delta. Heck, the coloring and animations are way better compared to Delta. The character designs are too generic.
>>
>>14479909

I find the Var plot of Delta to be surprisingly well written and executed, but many of the characters come off as kind of flat. Everyone just has really passive personalities.

The Knights only go where they are told to go.

Hayate is only here because fuck it, why not.

Freya wanted to join Walkure, and she accomplished that a long time ago, and since then she just wants to sing where Hayate can hear her.

Walkure likewise doesn't have any strong motivations or personalities. And Mirage is barely a character, as much as it pains me to admit it.

Everyone is in a constant state of reaction and following orders to the point that no one has strong personal motivations or desires beyond 'winning the war and not dying' which are pretty generic.

Roid is the only character with a goal right now. Everyone else is just along for the ride.

This makes it hard for me to care about a lot of these characters, because they don't WANT anything. They just hang around and do their job. We don't even have an explicit love triangle to try and carry the show.

I like the show, but it desperately needs to inject some passion into the characters.
>>
Frontier is SEED, Delta is BFT.
>>
>>14479909
It's not so cliche, but yeah. It's so fuckin boring.
>>
The worst thing to happen to the franchise was harmony gold.
>>
>>14479909
>Hi I watched 5 episodes this is idol shit and boring
>>14480146
>Because Shinn wasn't shit in SRW he's the best character in SEED overall
>>14480166
>Hi i watched 1 episode and read threads my opinion is relevant
>>14481090
>Hi i have the attention span of a piss ant
>>14481153
>The worst thing to happen to the franchise was harmony gold
This guy gets it.
>>
only thing I dislike is them trying to have a song in every episode
>>
Characters aren't that strong but I'm having enough fun watching, mostly thanks to the music. I have the feeling that Messer's death is going to remain the high point of the series, Mikumo's reveal as #2 with lmao NUNS bomb as #3 and whatever happens with the endless song void as #4. So basically I'm just riding it out. I'd say it's inoffensive, so not as bad as Frontier and probably better than Zero.
>>
>>14479909
>It's so fucking boring, cliche, and too idol-y for it's own good.
So you're telling me it's Macross.
>>
As long as it's not bad enough to kill the franchise, it's fine. They'll try something different in 10 years when it's time for the next one.

Can you imagine how the people who thought SDFMacross was perfect felt about 7?
>>
>>14480127
I don't dislike Delta, but Frontier is probably my favorite Macross. It all comes down to personal taste, and for me, Frontier hit all the right notes.

Holy fuck, the music alone. It's just perfect.
>>
>>14479909
that's a funny way of spelling macross 7
>>
>>14479909
Yeah it's fucking trash.
>>
just a couple of weeks ago, people are praising the show like the second coming of plus now this.

wat?
>>
>>14481284

Some people like it. Other people don't like.

Both of these types of people make threads sometimes.

There is a lot to unpack there. Take your time.
>>
>>14481271
>I have atrocious taste

>>14480145
This. Delta more or less succeeds at what it's trying to do even if you don't like what it's doing. Zero succeeds at precisely nothing other than having some nice music.
>>
>>14481284

last couple episodes weren't as hype manufacturing.
>>
>>14479909
Delta is the EVOL of Macross.
>>
Watched first show... thought I had accidentally watched a Magical Girl show....
>>
File: stop posting.png (162KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stop posting.png
162KB, 500x500px
>>14481356
>>14481055
>>
>>14481284
Because /m/ gets brainwashed into thinking everything's shit. Anons watch 1 episode and automatically assume it's shit despite there being a vocal group that like the series and praise it for its plus sides just because they've followed a few discussions and tend to go with the /m/ajority. Thus it becomes overrated shit like mjp and argevollen because no one wants to talk about it anymore and saying anything positive about a series that's supposedly been talked to death is an automatic sentence for shit flinging.
>>
>>14481462
Delta is shit though
>>
>>14481462
I have been saying MJP was shit since the get go when it was airing together with VVV and Gargantia. It's the /m/ hivemind that insists on raising it up as some sort of masterpiece.
>>
You know what, I came into Delta expecting some Love Live intense idolshit. Come to my surprise that its pretty fucking good in certain areas. Plus the combat scenes have been pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>14481484
>I have been saying MJP was shit since the get go when it was airing together with VVV and Gargantia

GOOD FOR YOU
>>
>>14481469
You know what anon.You're shit when you force this copypasta on every series praised just even a little bit. And i sincerely hope twitter/tumblr/facebook and every other aids infested community you /M/aggots complain about take you over. Your secret club mentality is bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>14479909
Not at all. Why would I?
>>
>>14481484
>Implying it's not the hive/m/ind that insists mjp is shit
Top kek
>>
>>14481257
This. Or those that loved Plus must have felt about 7.
>>
>>14481532
Yeah but that doesn't change how utterly shit Delta is.

Like, can you even name one character and describe their motivations.... yeah, thought not.
How about the fact that the Windermeres are hot garbage and their plot is so poorly handled -- NUNS CAN JUST SEND IN THEIR PROPER FLEET AND WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE GALAXY!
>>
>>14481559
>Plus
>Macross in name only
>giving a shit about its fans
>>
>>14481564
>Like, can you even name one character and describe their motivations.... yeah, thought not.
Hayate wants to protect Freya and take back the skies so he can fly freely. Wow so hard.
>>
>>14481564
No they can't dumb fuck.

The Song of the Wind can easily fuck them up without them being Var'd

Did you not see anything recently?
>>
>>14481564
Mirage wants to live up to her Jenius legacy as an ace pilot. And much more like wanting to remake that Max and Milla moment or two different species falling in love.
>>
>>14479909
>Does anyone else feel like Macross Delta is the worst thing to happen to the franchise?

That's Frontier.
>>
File: keanu reeves throwing up.jpg (34KB, 550x471px) Image search: [Google]
keanu reeves throwing up.jpg
34KB, 550x471px
>>14481262
>Frontier is probably my favorite Macross
>>
>>14479909
Does anyone else fell like X is the worst thing to happen to the franchise? It's so fucking boring, cliche, and too X-y for it's own good. The only reason I haven't dropped it yet is because it's a X series.
>>
>>14481664
There are too few mecha franchises that are still relevant for that to be relevant pasta

I mean, we have Mazinger, Macross and Gundam, and then what's left after that? Fafner?
>>
>>14481681
Nah it can still work as pasta, which is what this thread is.

Hell you can use it outside of /m/ shows too.
>>
>>14479909
>Does anyone else feel like Macross Frontier is the worst thing to happen to the franchise?

Yes.

>It's so fucking boring, cliche, and too idol-y for it's own good.

It is.

>The only reason I haven't dropped it yet is because it's a Macross series.

The last few episodes make up for the first 2/3 of it.

>>14481262
I'm glad you've enjoyed it more than I have. The OST is pretty decent I suppose.
>>
File: what_year_is_it.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what_year_is_it.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>14481681
>too few
>>
>>14479909
So far I'm enjoying it more than Frontier.
>>
>>14480127
I fucking love Frontier.

Yeah, it was idoly as fuck, but MAN, was the music good.

Only song I liked in Delta is that funky-ass ED song.
>>
OP here, I made this right before I went to bed last night and just want to say: I've seen all 15 episodes, and have been watching since it aired. It's not like I just picked it up and am bitching after 5 episodes like some people have been saying.

I like all the people who've actually made some solid arguments for the show, but can we just get past conjecture? How the hell do you know what I've seen or not?

Here are my Macross ratings for reference.

1) Macross
2)DYRL
3)7
4)Dynamite 7
5)Frontier
6)Plus (Best in the series for VF fights, animation, and right behind Macross in actual serious plot, though. Would be higher but I just really like 7 and actually found Frontier to be good)
7)Zero
8)Delta
>>
>>14482336
Nobody cares, fag
>>
>>14482336
>plus after frontier
Nope
>>
>>14479909
>Anything Macross being the worst thing to happen to the franchise
>Not Harmony Gold
newfriend, pls.
>>
What i like about /m/ is that it makes me feel like I'm in home. Like /v/.
Both don't care about the quality of the product, the shitposting adrenaline is the only thing that matters.
Don't ever change /m/.
>>
>>14481567
Plus is as much a real Macross as SDF or 7.
>Valkyries
Check
>Power of music
Check
>Love triangle
A fucked up one but check.
So how is it not a real Macross again ?
>>
>>14481602
>remaking Max and Milia

She's literally Misa 2.0 at this point but don't let the Freyja fans get wind of that because the end will be hilarious and the butthurt will be enormous.
>>
AND
>>
WE
>>
AT
>>
>>14483517
>>14483523
>>14483567

> Hurr durr overplayed maymay
>>
>>14483567
ROBOTECHX
>>
I didn't bother with it. From an outward perspective it doesn't really look like it has a separate identity from Frontier. The character designs, cg and mecha look so similar.
>>
>>14484174
Those similarities are entirely superficial, especially since Frontier at its core was just a shallow retread of SDF

Delta probably shares more in common with Macross 7 than any other entry in the franchise. Hell, Mikumo is basically just Basara as a side character.
>>
>>14484072
.COM
>>
>>14484199
>Delta probably shares more in common with Macross 7 than any other entry in the franchise.
This. Why i'm ashamed at /m/ for not noticing this. Instead we get HURR it's another Frontier.
>>
I was enjoying the show up until it decided to make the Windemeres near untouchable between the bullshit with Keith and almost everything else with Var mind control
>>
File: 1459736286693.jpg (226KB, 942x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1459736286693.jpg
226KB, 942x1352px
Why did I like Mirage?
>>
>>14484364
VF piloting space elf, also the closest you will get to actually having sex with Max Jenius.
>>
>>14484352
why is this retarded opinion repeated so often?
>>
File: 427578.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
427578.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
Its pretty good to me. If you think it is that bad you probably have no idea how to criticize anime. Have you seen the garbage that the last season and the actual one are? Delta made watching anime fun again after weeks of suffering.
Also ive got bad news, if you dont want to gorigori inside Fre-Fre you are fucking gay.
>>
>>14480179
Korea to but yes
>>
>>14484382
Ewwww
>>
>>14484382
Rei-rei is more worthy of gorigori.
>>
>>14484382
>if you dont want to gorigori inside
And you were doing so well.
>>
File: CiV2pwIUkAAqIIA.png (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CiV2pwIUkAAqIIA.png
86KB, 500x500px
>>14484382
FreFre is love
>>
>>14484282
ARE
>>
>>14484381
I don't know usually a good thing when an enemy poses an actual threat.

I guess people want more eggs aka kira wrecking mars.
>>
>>14484427
>>14484381
You do know it goes both ways right? A bunch of villains protected by the plot who get stronger when they're "beaten" are just as annoying as any LN tier unbeatable protagonist
>>
File: 1243781540451.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1243781540451.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>14479909
As someone who actually likes some idolshit and maho shojo I had to fight the urge to close the pilot episode every time a character appeared on screen. They're just so gay and unlikeable, probably won't be picking up delta anytime soon.
>>
>>14484462
No i think you're just retarded
>>
>>14484475

>gay and unlikable in episode 1

Really? In episode 1 only Mikumo and Freya display character and Freya is no "gayer" than any other idolshit.
>>
>>14484475
>Gay
If you're calling Hayate gay we're gonna have problems. That's the equivalent of calling the cast of foot loose gay just because they express themselves through dance.
>>
I'm pretty sure most of the people bitching about Delta have only seen DYRL and maybe Plus and think that's all Macross is.

Macross was always j-pop idolshit.
Macross was always over the top.
Macross was always ridiculous and absurd.
>>
>>14484489
He wears obnoxious girls hair accessories that make the frontier MC, someone who literally dresses up as a girl, look manly by comparison. We already did the effeminate MC thing I want a non-shit MC this time.

>>14484488
They were so bland and generic I didn't like any character from the pilot.
>>
>>14484523
>They were so bland and generic I didn't like any character from the pilot.

It was the pilot episode, you retard.
>>
File: green jet.jpg (87KB, 933x601px) Image search: [Google]
green jet.jpg
87KB, 933x601px
Is Jet okay? Did he eat something that didn't agree with him?
>>
File: Now comes the part.gif (3MB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
Now comes the part.gif
3MB, 450x319px
>>14484523
>Alto
>more manly
>fucking one hair clip
>>
>>14484523
>They were so bland and generic

You started off by posting a picture from Macross 7. In Macross 7's first episode everyone was generic as fuck like generic pilot man, generic nagging girl, and had almost no lines. But then you had Basara flying onto the battlefield forcing everyone to listen to his song.

In the first episode of Delta everyone is generic, like generic army pilot man, generic edgy pilot man, generic serious enemy pilot men, or they have no lines. But then Mikumo blows out of a pile of rubble and starts forcing everyone to listen to her song.

It's basically the same fucking plot. But apparently in Delta it's "too gay" and everyone is "generic?" You're full of shit m8.
>>
>I'm just gonna continue to enjoy my M7 Spiritual successor and eat popcorn as /m/ gets butt hurt from literally nothing
You can tell when 4ch starts reaching for anything to bitch about it's pathetic by this point.
>>
>>14484541
>defending girls hair accessories on men.

>>14484541
7 had great characters. I physically cringed when she busted out of the rubble and I've seen all of 7 twice.
>>
>>14484532
He's getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>14484553
>I physically cringed when she busted out of the rubble and I've seen all of 7 twice.

Then your problem is you're a retard since 7 is filled with things far more silly.
>>
>>14484556
You're probably too autistic to appreciate tone. 7 is unapologetically goofy. Delta is unintentionally goofy there's a big difference.
>>
>>14484475
Maybe you should actually watch more of the show instead of writing it off based on an incomplete episode you shallow cunt.
>>
File: Basara needs fiber.gif (1MB, 358x268px) Image search: [Google]
Basara needs fiber.gif
1MB, 358x268px
>>14484558
>7 is unapologetically goofy. Delta is unintentionally goofy there's a big difference.
>>
>>14484558

>An 80s rocker in Yoko Ono glasses flying out into the middle of a space battle to sing in order to stop the fighting is ridiculous on purpose so it's great

>A group of pop idols flying out into the middle of a battle to sing in order to stop the fighting is ridiculous by accident, I can just tell it was meant to be completely serious and I physically cringed because it's too absurd coming from the same guy who created M7 hurr hurr

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>14484570
Roughly describing the plot doesn't help you argue tone or intent. You're only proving my hypothesis that people who can't tell the difference between 7 and delta are autists.
>>
What the fuck do people even see in 7? Absolutely nothing happens for half the show (let's play Planet Dance for the millionth time and then the enemy escapes for the millionth time before Basara can finish for the millionth time) and then when she finally does start happening and the better songs kick in it's still just only okay and the main band members, while fairly entertaining, are all still static as fuck.
>>
>>14484582

I think you're the one who has autism since you believe you can tell that one is supposed to be silly and the other is supposed to be serious, when in fact both are equally ridiculous and have the same basic premise and were made by the same guy and are part of an inherently ridiculous series that has been silly since its first installment, and also you only watched one episode, motherfucker, and it was an incomplete episode.
>>
>>14484598
>also you only watched one episode, motherfucker, and it was an incomplete episode
Probably praises digibro. I'm frankly getting sick and tired of this 1 episode premise bullshit.
>>
>>14484589
>What the fuck do people even see in 7?
The second half is better than the first. It is a flawed show though
>>
>>14484589

The beginning is fun and when they stop playing Planet Dance(which is after about 30 episodes) it's a good show.
>>
>>14484611
How does "you only have to watch 30 episodes for it to get good" sound like a positive thing to you?
>>
>>14484614
Not him, but it's not that it gets good after 30 episodes. Basara is super entertaining from the start, but the fact that they repeat the same song over and over and over again is super irritating.
>>
>>14484611
So we basically have to brainwash ourselves with 30 episodes of mediocrity first.
>>
>>14484614

Because I was entertained for more of the show's run than I was bored and after decades of watchiing tokusatsu and Tominoshit I've learned to accept that 50 episode shows will just wander in the middle.
>>
With the possible exceptions of the oav's, macross has ALWAYS been silly. You're a fucking retard if you think otherwise.
>>
>>14484605

Yeah. even on total shitholes like /a/ people are advised to give something 5 episodes or so before wholly condemning it. But then you have people like this guy saying it's shit because he watched an episode that literally wasn't even finished.

It's the equivalent of flipping through the channels and seeing John McClain walking around barefoot in Die Hard and saying it looks shit and gay so the whole movie probably is.
>>
>>14484618
But it didn't wander in the MIDDLE, it wandered since the START.

The first episode of 7 was good because it introduced us to the cast, especially Basara, in a pretty good way. Millia's dynamic with her family is set up, being torn between them and the band, we get introduced to Basara, and then we get the surprise of him flying out in the Valkyrie.

And then it basically repeated that for 25-30 episodes. It was the exact same formula, which was fine for an episode or two, for almost two thirds of the show.
>>
>>14484615
>Basara is super entertaining from the start
He's really not but he gradually gets there and i eventually ended up loving M7.
What i would like to know is why stuff like this gets a free pass and doesn't apply to the premise rule while anything new is shit if it gives off any warning signs for someone so the pessimistic shit slinging begins.Even though it's the same goddamn author.
>>
>>14484640

Because the guy complaining is probably a lying bullshitter who only saw DYRL and Plus.
>>
>>14484598
Delta takes itself much more seriously than 7. If you can't tell the difference in tone then that's your problem.

Having the 7 guy on board doesn't mean a lot, people change and so do the people they work with.

>>14484629
>It's the equivalent of flipping through the channels bla bla

That's a retard argument. Getting viewers hooked is the purpose of a pilot episode. The same cannot be said of any random segment of a movie. If it wasn't any good that's their fault not the viewers.
>>
>>14484651
>Delta takes itself much more seriously than 7

No, it doesn't, and it definitely doesn't if you're just comparing the first episodes.

>The 7 guy

GTFO.
>>
>>14484651
>Having the 7 guy on board doesn't mean a lot
The "7 guy on board" anon is talking about is Kawamori. He's saying Macross has all been by the same guy so thinking that "one is more silly than another" or that he doesn't know what tone he's going for is ridiculous since it's fucking Kawamori
>>
>>14484654
kawamori wasn't in charge of 7. He was opposed to the idea of sound force but didn't want to be overbearing.
>>
>>14484651
Are you even watching the show? Dancing valkyries? Cat people infiltration. Sing duels between idols and traditionalists shota? Fuck off already. It's not a serious show.
>>
>>14484629
>Yeah. even on total shitholes like /a/ people are advised to give something 5 episodes or so before wholly condemning it.
Honestly this place is MAL/CR anymore i don't know why the fuck they even want to discuss about something they so irrationally hate while keeping up with discussions instead of following the damn show itself like it gives them a rational reason for condemning and complaining to avid watchers. For fuck sakes i rather be in the middle of a full house convention than deal with this 2 year old bullshit.
>>
>>14484660
I'd say Delta's grown into being more serious by now while still keeping a light tone but I'm not saying this is unique to Delta, it happens in every series even in 7 about midway through
>>
>>14484671
>>14484660

The guy bitching only saw the pilot episode.
>>
>>14484660
You're still describing subject matter and plot. not tone. Using your logic a movie about clowns can't be serious. Which isn't to say delta is serious, it's just more serious than 7.
>>
>>14484669

/m/ has always been shit, but people crossboard a lot on 4chan and people have imported shitty "arguing" techniques and behaviors from other boards, which is why everything is now trolling/shitposting if you disagree with it and you have all this "best girl" shit like from /a/.

I mean in this thread you have some legitimately autistic retard complaining that the show is shit because it's "too serious" from what he saw in the pilot episode and the pilot episode only and he's ignoring that Macross was always silly because there's "tone" that only he can see.
>>
>>14484676
>Using your logic a movie about clowns can't be serious.
No, you're just complete bullshit and you're wrong here. If Delta was serious, they wouldn't have the super famous walkure doing the infiltration at all to begin with. It cat ears, doing cute funny silly catpuns. If it was a serious infiltration it wouldn't go like that at all. But it did, and people saying its tone is so super serious need to be reminded that it's still a silly macross.

You're clown analogy is absurd. In no way in universe as walkure meant to be silly. They're a very serious countermeasure made to combat a very real threat in the show. It's when you distance yourself and you see it's cute idols singing catchy jpop to cure sick people and help their friends in combat, you realize, yes it's silly.

And its nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>14484702
>it's cute idols singing catchy jpop to cure sick people and help their friends in combat, you realize, yes it's silly.

In 7 the threat is comical saturday morning cartoon bad guys who want take everyone prisoner, drain your mojo, then make you do things you enjoy until you get it back, repeat. Even if they shoot you down the little ejection pod survives most of the time.

In delta isn't the threat a virus that basically turns people homicidally violent? You tell me that's not more serious.
>>
>>14484729

You are just summarizing, not taking tone into context.

lel
>>
File: 4451.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4451.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>14484364

>You will never cum into Mirage's ears

Why even live.
>>
>>14484702
>No, you're just complete bullshit and you're wrong here. If Delta was serious, they wouldn't have the super famous walkure doing the infiltration at all to begin with

This is ANIME

A N I M E

That shit is par for the fucking course, and you're not taking the current anime climates into account at all either. Idol shows are big, as are cute girls doing cute things, and what a surprise, Delta features both of these and it doesn't even pay lip service to how fundamentally ridiculous it all is. Macross 7 meanwhile had Gamilin spend no less than 5 minutes going "I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHY ARE YOU SINGING. GO HOME, PLZ STOP. THIS IS BATTLE, BATTLE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS FOR SERIOUS PEOPLE SUCH AS MYSELF"

There is a huge difference in execution and tone
>>
>>14479909
i honestly i like more than frontier
>>
>>14484387
K-pop is a lot better that idol shit from japan
>>
>>14484835

At this point, it would actually be unrealistic for anyone in Delta to make a big deal out of how unrealistic Walkure is being. Because in-universe Macross has been doing this sort of shit for a while.

Sometimes you run into a problem that requires you to send singers into battle for tactical reasons. It happens. Making a big deal about it is like someone in modern day Irag throwing a shitfit because we are fighting terrorists with 'toy remote control planes' (drone weapons).

Once you have been doing it for a while, the novelty wears off and people just get used to it. In Macross, sending idols into battle is just a thing that happens sometimes. In Deltas case, they were even recruited for that specific task.
>>
>>14484965
>At this point, it would actually be unrealistic for anyone in Delta to make a big deal out of how unrealistic Walkure is being. Because in-universe Macross has been doing this sort of shit for a while.

Having 2-3 outliers does not make something normal. Especially when humanity is spread out as far as it is anyway.

And no, that's not an arguement due to the fact that 1. the audience is not in the macross universe, these things are inherently silly to us and you can't just play magical girl singers straight and expect no one to think "wtf is this shit" Macross 7 got away with it because it made it clear that this is outlandish but eventually everyone just kinda had to accept it and go along with it, and 2. they actually stepped back from that in Frontier. It's incoherent. Macross 7 wants me to take idols that are singing, and have what are effectively magical girl powers in the form of those drones seriously and go along for the ride. and sure, I'll do that. But I'll think it's poor form all the same.
>>
>>14484985
Macross delta wants me to take idols*

sorry, my brain is kill.
>>
>>14484965
>Once you have been doing it for a while, the novelty wears off and people just get used to it.

I must have missed the part in macross where people go into battle outside a mech or ship.
>>
>>14484985
I'm really getting this feeling you only saw one episode
>>
>>14485091
Not at all, I'm like 3 episodes behind or so though. Everything I've said is very much there.
>>
>>14484985
You seem like a total autist.
>>
>>14485111

Then you know that the drones haven't appeared since, what? Episode 4 or so? They were only useful when treating the Var as a disease. Once Windmere starts making more overt plays and utilizing the Var as a weapon, the shield drones haven't been seen since.

For anyone watching this week to week, its been such a long ass time since the drones were relevant that I honestly kind of forgot about them.
>>
I just wish they'd listened to Kawamori and gotten rid of idols and the love triangle. Fucking sponsors.
>>
>>14485203
I know you're shit posting, but he wanted to do idols this time, thanks to AKB.
If there was something he wanted to drop, it was the love triangle. What we have here feels more like a traditional boy meets girl story.
>>
>>14484841
Koreaboo's such as yourself are as cancerous as weeaboos.
>>
>>14484841
What the fuck is even the difference?
>>
>>14486586
Dunno bout him but I actually understand what they sing in j-pop. K-pop is just sounds to me.
>>
>>14486606

I understand what they sing in K-pop and J-pop because I'm a multiracial bastard.

They are basically both the same thing.
>>
>>14486619
K-pop has Swedish composers, the same US entertainers use, and better production values because the Korean government invest on the industry. K-pop try too hard to look "professional", read equal to an American product. Idolshit is more about the feelings than the professionalism, they want to connect with the audience at an emotional level, read moe. Japanese entertainment in general is more about making the audience have a good time even in it kinda look cheap. Both are different markets but what they have in common is the lack of creativity, both stick to a format
>>
>>14486696

What they have in common is the songs are mostly pretty crappy and filled with pointless engrish.
>>
>>14485203
At least the idols this time are better than what we got in Frontier. It actually sounds like they're singing over real instruments every now and then. I can even sometimes tell the difference in their voices.
>>
>>14485203
>Kawamori
>Wanting to get rid of idols ever
He said he wanted to get rid of the love triangle but sponsors told him no.
>>
>>14484676
Neither Delta or 7 are light-hearted. Once you get past the fact that you're watching a rock band shooting sound beams at space vampires from giant robots or a magical girl task force using weaponized music to fight Catholic Space Nazis, there's not many laughs to be had in either. I'd say there's more actual jokes in Delta than 7, although I think Frontier is actually sillier than either of them.
>>
>>14486707
Those are symptoms of the lack of creativity
>>
>>14479909
Yes, but we all got to see a elysium fucking in the ass the Island pod ship.

>yfw it docked
>>
File: Guts vomit.gif (1MB, 633x362px) Image search: [Google]
Guts vomit.gif
1MB, 633x362px
>this thread
>all those yes
>>
>>14479909

Nah, but I find it dull to the point I'm not keeping up with it weekly despite being hyped for months. I can't get invested into anything that's happening, it's never really funny, development always feel uninspired, and the Messer drama was a drag (the very end of his send off was all right, though).

There's nothing really good about it, but it's at least better than 7 and maybe Frontier. I say maybe because the movies and series for Frontier are tangled together in my memories. I do, however, recall Frontier having this really shitty episode with Ranka starring in a movie or something? Nothing that bad has happened in Delta.
>>
>>14479909
Anon, don't do this to yourself. If you hate it, drop it. Show them you don't approve.
>>
>>14486894
>gaijin who can only view it illegally anyway.
>showing the creators displeasure by dropping it

Yeah, I get what you wanted to get at, but
>>
>>14486737
>I can even sometimes tell the difference in their voices.

Maybe this is just because I'm familiar with Japanese voices on account of having seen more than 4 or 5 anime, but their voices are all quite distinct when they're singing, actually. The only VA who isn't also doing the singing is Mikumo's (just like in Frontier where Sheryl's VA didn't do the singing).
The rest of the VAs are all singing for their characters too, so unless you can't normally tell their voices apart you really ought to be able to tell their voices apart in the songs all the time. Touyama Nao's voice is rather distinct, and so is Suzuki Minori's (this is also her very first voice acting role).
>>
>>14486911
You know where I'm getting with this, friend.
>>
File: deltafags BTFO.png (31KB, 874x545px) Image search: [Google]
deltafags BTFO.png
31KB, 874x545px
Has Kawamori killed himself yet?

Macross is fucking ruined
>>
>>14486959
Thineth arsehurtheth. It sustaineth me
>>
>>14486959
>Frontier
>rated (4189)
>average (4290)
>Delta
>rated (94)
>average (96)
Yes and...?
>>
File: 1437019186023.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1437019186023.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>14486959
>ANN
>>
>>14486586
The difference is that South Korean music is shittier than Japanese music.
>>
>>14487132

None of that is from ANN. Don't really need data from western anime databases to know Delta is less popular than Frontier was, though.
>>
People are really reaching hard for reasons to discredit Delta.
There's nothing wrong with not liking the show, but most of these "arguments" are just half assed opinions.
>>
>>14487286
Are we seriously going down the "Popularity = Quality" route?
>>
people are forgetting that macross is at its core is an idol love triangle show since the beginning. How the fuck the rest of the series is so different when it is not? wake fucking up.
>>
>>14487132
Even worse
>MAL
>>
>>14487330
>People are really reaching hard for reasons to discredit Delta.
Its not hard really. It's a flawed show and it doesn't do anything exceptional for the franchise or even mecha in general.
>>
>>14487286
It literally says ANN right there under the "resources" heading
>>
>>14487330
Quite funny that you're saying this when I've seen nothing that makes it good. Seems like Macrossfags just have low standards
>>
>>14487341

I guess. I was just clarifying about the ANN thing.

Why do a lot people hate the first episode?

>>14487399

Yeah, that kinda means the site itself isn't ANN. It's anidb.
>>
File: 1467507361069.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467507361069.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>14480232
>I find the Var plot of Delta to be surprisingly well written and executed
>apples and water
>Windemens being fundamentally retarded in general and having the most stupid motivation in the franchise.
>>
>>14487417
I don't know how they do things, but I'll bet that them listing ANN as a resources means that they pulled some of the ratings off of ANN
>>
>>14487439

Nah, ratings are solely based on their own users. They use ANN for info like staff members and shit. MAL also links to both sites.

Why even continue with this?
>>
>>14480127
This.

The only somewhat enjoyable things about Frontier were the movies.
>>
>>14487404
What are your top 5 favorite mecha then?
>>
>>14479909

I couldn't get through more than a couple of episodes of Frontier, but this shit I didn't even give the time of day.
>>
The problem is they have been focusing too much on the war thing plot. And it is boring, the wind characters are boring.

It is sooo much better when they show Mirage, Hayate and Freyja interacting and having some character development.

I also like when they show some stuff about Mikumo.
>>
>>14487518
Bye then.
>>
File: 1468338813300.jpg (3MB, 6103x4085px) Image search: [Google]
1468338813300.jpg
3MB, 6103x4085px
>>
>>14487502
Giant Robo
Dougram
Turn A
LOGH
>>
>>14487675
0079 is literally the only good thing on that list. The rest is trash. Nice job proving you have shit taste.
>>
>>14487675
>Giant Robo
Clichéd Imagawa trash

>Dougram
ZzZgram

>0079
Looks like a Kodomo anime : SHIT

>Turn A
More like Turn Gay;; BORING

>LOGH
Hundred and Ten episodes of Yawn with Mary Sue 1 and 2!
>>
File: (You).jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
>>14487685
>>14487693
>>
>>14487693
>Shitflinging about 0079
You are trying way to fucking hard.
>>
>>14484841
hello jang
>>
Pls stop fighting
>>
>>14487763
FUCK off basara
>>
>>14487731

Sauce? No reverse image search results.
>>
No, I think the worst thing to happen to Macross was there will never be music like Macross 7 again.
>>
>>14487785
Mob psycho
>>
File: Seriously man.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously man.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>14487685
>>14487693
Hey i get delta shit flinging is annoying but no reason to be an immature douche about it.
>>
>>14487801

ty, ty
>>
>>14487800
>Implying they won't make another special for 7 featuring new characters
Just you wait, Gavil is on the way with those VHS tapes.
>>
>>14487800
>#1 Harmony gold
>#2 We will never get music like M7 again
>#3 Frontier
>>
>>14487858
Frontier was arguably one of the best things about the franchise considering how much money and popularity it brought to the series.
>>
>>14487881
That is like saying Destiny was the best things from the Gundam franchise because it was popular and sold a fuck ton of kits in Japan.
>>
>>14487881
By that stupid logic SEED is the best Gundam
>>
File: a.jpg (52KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
52KB, 641x480px
>>14487885
>>14487886
>Frontier
>As bad as SEED
>Being worse than Macross Zero
>>
>>14487908
>As bad as SEED

That is 100% correct. It only seems less painful because it's a shorter watch.

>Being worse than Macross Zero

They're both equally rock bottom Macross series.
>>
>>14487908
Oh Zero is also fucking bad. Don't get me wrong here.
>>
File: 1258295703079.jpg (84KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1258295703079.jpg
84KB, 1280x800px
>>14487881
Frontier was the point where macross shifted from the traditional anime production model of the 80s and 90s to the gundam/super robot production model.

By gundam production model I mean were you have the main merchandise producer sponsoring and basically controlling the show. It's not a series of half hour toy commercials but it's on that track now. The toys and models are revealed before, and probably influence, the show.

Whether this is a positive change or not is a matter of opinion. Personally I don't like marketers and sponsors being involved in anime production.
>>
>>14487915
Frontier isn't my favorite, but I don't see where you're coming from.

Please explain what about Frontier makes it as bad as SEED. I'm just not seeing the same clusterfuck of bad ideas.
>>
>>14487915
>That is 100% correct. It only seems less painful because it's a shorter watch.
That's a bit extreme. And i say that having watched everything Macross and Gundam with Frontier and M2 being my least favorites.
>>
>>14487915
I have problems with Frontier but I would never ever call it as bad as SEED. And the movies were actually good
>>
>>14487961
>And the movies were actually good
Pretty much the trailblazers we deserved.
>>
>>14487924
I can't tell if you're baiting or that ignorant but the show you posted 7 was just as toyetic as Frontier. Bandai had a large part in Macross 7's production as well.
>The toys and models are revealed before, and probably influence, the show.
The same thing happened with SDF to an extent. Toys of Roy's VF-1S were released with Hikaru's picture on the box weeks before the episode aired when Roy dies and Hikaru takes his VF.
>>
>>14487974
Oh I'm dumb that's a picture from Nadesico. From the thumbnail I thought it was Basara and Flowergirl. My mistake.
>>
>>14487930

The plot is easily one of the worst cases of creative bankruptcy that I've seen. Was anyone at all surprised by the developments that occurred? I sure as hell wasn't. And that's even disregarding the fact that it's a loose retread of SDF.

Terrible characterization too, nobody exists for any other reason but to pander to specific demographics. Except the antagonists. They're just there to be comically evil. The constant soap opera drama was also very hard to bear.
>>
>>14487976
>I thought it was Basara and Flowergirl
Honest mistake i never seen this comparison until now..
>>
>>14487979
>And that's even disregarding the fact that it's a loose retread of SDF.
You know people say that, but when you really look at the story as a whole, does that really work? Even the bad guys can't be compared, not to mention the story set up having two singers in it
>>
>>14487924
>By gundam production model I mean were you have the main merchandise producer sponsoring and basically controlling the show. It's not a series of half hour toy commercials but it's on that track now.
Pretty sure that's describing 7
>>
>>14487974
Your assertion that SDF and 7 were as merchandise focused as frontier is ridiculous. Especially 7 where we didn't get a decent representation of the fire valkyrie until something like 20 years after the show aired.

>>14487994
see above. The mecha in 7 were designed as cool mecha first, not models or toys. it took many years to make them into working designs.
>>
>>14487979
Even if you take these two things to be true, I still don't see how they make Frontier as bad as SEED. Hell, I would go so far as to say that most mecha shows lack any creativity whatsoever, but that's not something I hold against them. The execution is all that matters.
>>
>>14488000
Yeah but 7 is the one that has a fight every week like every other MOTW mecha from that time. Also I am not 100% sure things are as toycentric as you think as, for example, Hayate's Siegfried was released on the day it was destroyed and he takes Messer's which is last to release out of the toys. If things were as toy focused as you say, there is no way they would do that. Heck, I don't even know when the Macross Elysion is coming out.

I think you would have more of a point if you said that things turned to focus more on selling music and writing the show around the song (but I would bring up 7 and it's play the same songs over and over again for really starting that trend)
>>
>>14488050
The point is anime used to be about hopes, dreams and the rule of cool, if the show made a lot of money that was obviously good but it wasn't the goal.

Now macross is a business. The toy/model manufacturer is directly involved in production, committees, marketers, trend pandering etc it's about making a product that will make as much money as possible.
>>
>>14488000
>>14488060
If Delta is as product oriented as you say then why is the DX VF-31J not releasing until December? Way after the show finishes. And there were plenty of Fire Valkyrie toys released during Macross 7's airing. The 1/144 kit, the 1/100 kit, the DX toy, the gashapon, the small trading figures, plushes.
>>
>>14488079
The 7 valkyries were all dogshit, far inferior to even the original chunky munky until a few years ago. They were never designed to work as toys.

The dx31 was already a completed prototype in toy and model form long before delta aired.
>>
>>14488060
Holy shit, FUCK off already.
Anime has always been a business, just like every other entertainment medium.
>>
>>14488094
>See Gundam 0079/Zeta and how Sunrise/Bandai effected Tomino
Am i the only one that see's Turn a Gundam like all of Tomino's scrapped designs and past frustration towards sunrise/bandai?

Pretty much a giant middle finger to the toy business?
>>
>>14488113
Nah, that was misguided attempt at uniqueness, there'd be no point in bringing a big name like Syd Mead to fuck up Gundam.
They did it with G Gundam before anyhow.
>>
>>14488094
That's retarded and even that hack carl macek admitted as much. In the 80's and 90's the japs just made anime with little thought to actually monetizing it beyond selling the show to networks or VHS and laserdiscs to consumers.

Nowadays they use the american childrens TV model from the 80's where you secure merchandise deals, sponsors etc and make sure you're going to make money before you even start making the show.
>>
>>14484422
ALL
>>
>>14488060
>The toy/model manufacturer is directly involved in production, committees, marketers, trend pandering etc it's about making a product that will make as much money as possible.

I wish they were far more aggressive about that because that would mean we would get something other than 3 new VFs.
>>
>>14488154
Well you can't just lock kawamori in a cell with some lego and expect him to churn out new viable valkyries. You could argue he needs a long break from designing valks already since this latest batch have a very strong frontier flavor.
>>
>>14488133
>In the 80's and 90's the japs just made anime with little thought to actually monetizing it
Then why was nearly every TV show back then a manga adaptation or a toy commercial? Why was 0079 not even gonna get made unless the RX was changed from the grey color tones Tomino wanted into the brighter colors we know today
>>
>>14488200
Gundam has always been notorious for its merchandise driven roots. It's basically the japanese transformers. Toy commercial anime like dairugger and golion existed but were mainly restricted to childrens programming.

You do have a point with manga though. IIRC miyazaki actually got turned down when he wanted to make nausicaa, they wanted to see if it would succeed as a manga first before throwing a huge budget at it.
>>
>>14481311
>liking the worst dogshit in the franchise

Listen I know /m/ thinks it's a cute meme to actually think M7 is good but you might wanna re-evaluate your own god awful taste first
>>
>>14488679
You first.
>>
>>14488138
FAGGOTS
>>
>>14487354
>macross is at its core is an idol love triangle show since the beginning
I see what you're thinking but that's not entirely true. SDF Macross was a show about an intergalactic war WITH a love triangle connected to the war drama stuff (with Misa) and the idol stuff (with Minmay). At its core, SDF was a war story about a cultural shock with music used as a weapon of psychological warfare. The love triangle and idol stuff only made 1/3rd of the show, with the other 2/3rd dedicated to the human/zentradi war and world-building.
Source: I finished it a few months ago.
>>
>>14488993
i somehow feel that the love triangle IN SDF is intense as compared to modern Macross series. Its like the writers made the characters in such a way that you can feel their situation. Example, Misa feels lonely and often seeks comfort from Hikaru and Hikaru at some also feels lonely due to Minmay's work and her cousin. There are many more examples though. I treat SDF as more of a romance & love story more than war drama.
>>
>>14489005
Too bad the main love triangle sucks. Hikaru is bland, Minmay is selfish, and Misa is insane.
>>
>>14487425
You mean the most human motivation. We were hurt, well hurt you back is so fucking human than cultureless giantsnof benign space bugs.
>>
>>14489005
You can kind of see that in Delta's triangle, especially between Hayate and Mirage. Hayate and Freyja is mostly just muh fold waves, like Sivil and Basara.
>>
>>14489005
I don't know if it's more intense than most Macross series, I've only seen SDF, Plus, Delta (up to the current episode) and I'm working my way though 7 (I'm at ep. 21). However I think you're right, since 7 doesn't emphasize a lot on love, Plus's love triangle is kinda fucked up and more about a broken friendship and Delta only hints a few thing and very little happens from a romantical standpoint between Hayate, Mirage and Freyja.
> Its like the writers made the characters in such a way that you can feel their situation
This. This is exactly why I enjoyed SDF's characters so much. A lot of people on /m/ complain about Hikaru being an idiot, Minmey being a bitch and Misa being indecisive. They all forget that Hikaru and Minmay are only 16, and Misa isn't that much older. When you're 16 and start dating girls, you're usually immature and indecisive, you don't know what love truly is, and girls can also be complicated, that's why Hikaru does a lot of dumb shit, and this dumb shit makes sense in that context, I could have made those errors when I was 16. That's why SDF's characters are so relatable.

>I treat SDF as more of a romance & love story more than war drama

That's your right, but on /m/ it seems to me that people always treat SDF only as an idolshit/romance anime or a "serious gritty war drama" with .
>>
>>14489013
nah it wasn't, it actually shows how the characters grew mature later on. From the beginning we saw Hikaru as an idiot but later on his attitude changes. The change was also due to his exposure with Roy, Misa and Claudia. Furthermore Minmay's character and attitude started to change although she's still abit annoying. Misa i would say she is the best character and any man should hope for in reality, because she is willing to sacrifice her time and her patience for Hikaru despite all the misunderstanding and wrong that is done by Hikaru. I would say what makes the show entertaining is Misa's relationship with Hikaru.
>>
>>14489013
>Hikaru is bland
Not more than the average anime MC, and matures significantly during SDF.
>Minmay is selfish
True, but she's more complex than that
>Misa is insane
No, she was just affected by the death of her former bf, and is a workaholic to forget that. Not to mention familial pressure and being an officer aboard a goddamn alien ship trying to escape the zents.
>>
Hows Global? He seems like a chill guy
>>
>>14489049
>From the beginning we saw Hikaru as an idiot but later on his attitude changes.
No he fucking didn't. Did you forget right near the end where he blows off his date with Misa, the girl he's been with for two years, to go see an old flame of his? He's an idiot.
>>
>>14489049
>From the beginning we saw Hikaru as an idiot but later on his attitude changes.
I wish that was what happened.

Had the show ended where it was supposed to you would have had a better point
>>
>>14489022
I'm sorry but that seems like a very gross oversimplication. Hayate and Freyja have a great bantering relationship and are in sync with nearly everything they do. Pretty much all the time is Hayate worrying about Freyja or being appreciative of Freyja. Basara and Sivil never even had a proper conversation.

And on the subject of Mirage, I don't get the same level of loneliness vibe at all (especially now since we see her, Hayate and Freyja casually hanging out practically all the time). I'd say she feels inadequate but she kind of got over that already slightly. And in regards to her relationship with Hayate I can't see that easily turn romantic as much as I can with Freyja because she just hasn't had the screentime or character moments that I can see justifying it.
>>
>>14489069
That is why i justified that Misa is patient as a lady to the person she loves which is Hikaru. Despite all the hurt coming from Hikaru she stills love him.
>>
>>14489076
that is also the reason why Misa and him grow in maturity slowly in this relationship. Didn't both of them married together in the end and being part of the crew in Megaroad-01?
>>
DELETE THIS THREAD
>>
>>14489104
why???
>>
>>14489095
Misa and him grow in maturity in DYRL. In SDF, it's ruined by the extra episodes having him revert to crushing on Minmay and Misa continuing to be lonely because of it
>>
>>14489149
Not really though. Remember when Misa was saying farewell to Hikaru? Then Hikaru was like chasing Misa all the way out till the Quamzin's group attacked macross city. After that he clearly rejected Minmay and decides to fight alongside Misa which in a way tells Hikaru decides to be with Misa.
>>
>>14489156
>>14489149

In SDF Hikaru realizes like halfway through the show that Minmay isn't the type of person who could settle down or be settled down with, and she's better as an icon that belongs to everyone. And that the old hag is the better choice for him.

But then he waffles for another 20 episodes in order to sell more adspace and toys.
>>
>>14487425
>having the most stupid motivation in the franchise.

They want to run this shit instead of being just one race out of many under the human alliance.

You surely can't have thought that EVERY alien race that humanity ever encountered would just sign up for the team instead of wanting to rule themselves, did you?
>>
>>14482336
>plus after frontier
>delta below zero
and on our left here we have an anon with the shittiest taste
>>
File: baby troll.jpg (74KB, 466x522px) Image search: [Google]
baby troll.jpg
74KB, 466x522px
>>14488679
>look mommie im trolling XD
>>
>>14489476
I'm pretty sure 95% of /m/ doesn't even understand why they hate Zero and just lists it to keep up status quo.
>>
>>14490580
Same can be said for Delta which they more want to hate which is quite obvious by this point.
>>
>>14479909

Every Macross series and OAV is the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise when it's first released.
>>
File: Anime Avatar.jpg (73KB, 1170x599px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Avatar.jpg
73KB, 1170x599px
>>14490580
No, I know exactly why I hate Zero.
>>
>>14490733
>>14490580
>She will never get to visit a city
;_;
>>
>>14490580
But I don't hate Zero.

I don't love it but I don't hate it either
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.