[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought newtypes was supposed to understand each other better.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

I thought newtypes was supposed to understand each other better.

Or is this a case of "I understand that you have to die" thing?
>>
>>14479073
>Or is this a case of "I understand that you have to die" thing?
Most definitely. People don't generally hate each other due to misunderstandings, they usually hate the other person because of what they are.

In any case, newtype senses allow people to more easily perceive feelings, presences, and even emotional intent sometimes. It's not a deep logical understanding, but more of an instinctual thing (friend or foe).
>>
>>14479086
Well then I don't understand why spacenoids put themselves on such a high horse.

Wars can easily happen if people act based on emotions than rationally.
>>
>>14479103
Spacenoids feel marginalized under the oppression of the bloated, corrupted, and uncaring Federation that governs from afar, so they feel a need to feel better about themselves in some way and even sometimes superior. Hence the "at least gravity isn't holding me down" mentality and sometimes even "spacenoids are newtypes and newtypes are the future master race" schtick.
>>
Just because you understand someone it doesn't mean that you like them, sometimes it just makes you hate them even more.

Zeta is making the case that the hippie everyone gets along future envisioned by Deikun is unrealistic and that Newtypes don't magically solve all conflict.
>>
>>14479149
Unicorn showed that Cyber Newtypes are the way to go.
>>
>>14479073
The newtype theory is just optmistic. It assumes the deep connection Newtypes share, that ability to communicate true intentions and feelings without any misunderstanding will end conflict.
While it will certainly help a lot, that's not the only reason conflict exists. People can completely understand from where others are coming from and still hate each others guts.
>>
>>14479577
This, Remember that Newtype Research emerged out of ideologically controlled political dogmas that saw Newtypes as the beginning of a new golden age for humanity. People had preconceived ideas about Newtypes before they had even began to emerge properly or had even been studied.
>>
>>14479149
>Just because you understand someone it doesn't mean that you like them, sometimes it just makes you hate them even more.

/thread
>>
>>14479073
>Zeta
>good writing
>making any sense whatsoever

Top kek m8 wew
>>
>>14479172
Unicorn is weird, in the sense that a big part of Banagher's personality is formed from his always-active Newtype powers, similar to Quess, but he gets a Gundam so he gets to listen to everyone's life stories as they try to sway him to their side. I'd argue that it's for that reason, and not because he's a Newtype, that he manages to reach an actual understanding.

Imagine if Banagher had psychically latched on to someone like Marida instead of Mineva, assuming Mineva never had her skydiving incident in the beginning.
>>
>Lalah thinks Newtypes will bring peace through understanding
>every following conflict is caused by Newtypes
>in Zeta characters get progressively less reasonable the more Newtype powers are involved
>>
>>14480238
everybody dead is peaceful
>>
>>14480238

I guess Judau was in the right taking as many newtypes as he can and fuck right off to Jupiter.
>>
>>14480270
Didn't Scirocco come from Jupiter? Judau's just breeding future villains out there.
>>
>>14479073
Big bads gotta die. Kamille basically said the same thing about Haman. Hence why he enlists Judaus help and supports him from afar. It's no coincidence that Kamille recovers almost immediately after Haman bites it.
>>
>>14480278
Just wait till you get to Crossbone.
>>
>>14480270
no dude they fucks right off to alpha centauri
>>
>>14480418
>no dude they fucks right off to alpha centauri
then proceed to build the Turn X, and then...
>>
>>14479172
>>14480225
Wait so is Banagher a natural Newtype or a Cyber like Marida?
>>
>>14480593
It seems like he's both, a natural Newtype with Cyber Newtype enhancements.
>>
File: 1450928191878.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450928191878.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>14479073
>Newtype abilities let you understand someone's thoughts
>Kamille sees how much of an evil douche Scirocco is
>Kills him
Seems pretty simple to me
>>
>>14480654
Kamille had a hard life
>>
>>14480673
Through his own fault, unlike Amuro.
>>
>>14479905
>>14479577
It's more like it assumes people would be born Newtypes rather than grow into them. Being born and feeling connected and empathetic to everyone around you in theory if everyone was like that war would probably be extremely rare. But that's not how Newtypes work.
>>
>>14480684
Kamille was a good girl
dindu nuffin
>>
what happened to Kamille after zeta again?
>>
>>14480817
>Stays a vegetable on the argama
>Fa takes him to a hospital
>Communicates with Judau telepathically
>Helps Judau kill Haman
>Makes a full recovery and lives with Fa
>>
>>14480834
You forgot the parts where he psychically coached Puru on how to survive when she blitzed in the Mark II, recalled everyone to save her ass when it was clear she was out of her league, psyco-slapped Puru when she started getting drawn to the Psyco Gundam MkII, and freaked out over the Dublin drop.
>>
>>14480817
Nothing, ZZ isn't canon.
>>
>>14480418
He fucks off to Jupiter at the end of ZZ, and does hauling work until Victory, where he decides that everyone in this whole solar system is totally bonkers.
>>
>>14480860
(You)
>>
>>14480628
They're the same, then.
Puru's are also natural, tho lab-bred Newtypes with cyber enhancements.
>>
>>14480873
True Cyber-Newtypes probably have a higher chance of going mental than Cybridized Newtypes though.
>>
>>14479073
Yes.

>>14479149
>Just because you understand someone it doesn't mean that you like them, sometimes it just makes you hate them even more.
This.
>>
>>14480593
That depends on what the hell kind of gear he was wearing in the mansion during that flashback.
Does the novel talk about it?
>>
>>14481092
I just assumed that was VR training like what Uso did.
>>
>>14481092
Punk has to have some augmentations - he flat out overpowered and tossed around a dude thrice his size.

This poster has it right: >>14480628

He's not a Cyber-Newtype as in: gene-therapy, behavioral therapy and implants up the wazzoo - like Four and Rosammy were.
Banana is more like the Elpeo Ple line, a natural Newtype, further augmented through technology.
>>
>>14479073
If anything he'd understand Scirocco's intentions completely and be that much more determined to murder him.
Muh understanding doesn't go hand in hand with being a pacifistic hippie.
>>
>>14480855
>freaked out over the Dublin drop
>"Oh god everyone's dying again.
>>
File: 1459928706236.jpg (14KB, 400x364px) Image search: [Google]
1459928706236.jpg
14KB, 400x364px
>>14479073
The problem with the general gundam franchise is that whenever it pushes its world peace kumbaya shit it's always done via newtypes or newtype analogues. If your idea is only possible through the use of magic psychic powers, then it's a crock of shit with no relevance to the real world and the real people watching your show.
>>
>>14482711
Then again, that is arguably a point of Zeta.
>>
>>14479073

Now you understand Tomino understanding.

Understanding someone can make you hate them even more.
>>
>>14482711
This is why I love X. Despite having Newtypes in it, the message is 'stop believing in that magical fairy Newtype bullshit, because it just makes things worse'.
>>
>>14480860
Says...who?
>>
>>14482823
Black_Knight.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 393x500px
>>14482883
A fan can't be like:
>i don't like this series/book/ movie, therefore i declare it is not canon to the story it belongs to
That isn't how it works.
>>
>>14482937
Tell that to Autism.
>>
>>14479073
WAKE ME UP
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.