[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new kickstarter board game based on mech fighting. Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

A new kickstarter board game based on mech fighting. Is this /m/? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2115086518/giga-robo
>>
>Noriko Nagare
My ship is real!
>>
>>14478912
Kong, of the Wastes when?
>>
>>14478893

The characters and the actual game look cool.

The mecha design is pretty weak though.
>>
>>14478932
>The mecha design is pretty weak though.
They seem to be based on various decades of mecha
>>
>>14478932
The stretch goal mechs look a lot better designed, though.
>>
File: 380198402837.jpg (12KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
380198402837.jpg
12KB, 406x422px
>>14478946
I fucking love their names

>Ayzn, Chogoking, Dai-Raijin V, and O-Gun
>>
at the end for most people
Cool stuff
but I want freebies because [whatever bs reasons]
>>
>>14478946

Yeah, I get the vibe they're going for. I just don't think they're that impressive. They only look marginally better than what you see in those How to Draw Manga books.
>>
File: Chogoking_Web.jpg (2MB, 1650x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Chogoking_Web.jpg
2MB, 1650x2250px
>>
>>14478960
>various decades of mecha

It's too muddled together and the How to Draw Manga vibe is very apparent.
>>
File: Ayzn_Web.jpg (1MB, 1620x2209px) Image search: [Google]
Ayzn_Web.jpg
1MB, 1620x2209px
>>
File: Dai_Raijin_V_Web.jpg (723KB, 1650x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Dai_Raijin_V_Web.jpg
723KB, 1650x2250px
>>14478972
>>
>>14478960
Nah, I think they're much better than that. Not at the level of an authentic toyetic mecha classic but they're clearly inspired by that. Pic related almost looks like Dragonar.
>>
File: O-Gun_web.jpg (2MB, 1650x2250px) Image search: [Google]
O-Gun_web.jpg
2MB, 1650x2250px
>>
>>14478987
Just checked the picture again. I'm phoneposting and didn't see it clearly the first time. Okay, so it's not Dragonar.

But >>14478974 takes inspiration from Getter.
>>
>>14478993
Or maybe not, I need to stop postig at 1 am. In any case at least it isnt battlemechwarriors clash of clans of antioch in the year 40k BC
>>
>>14478987

>almost looks like Dragonar

Sure it does. Much like a Scopedog resembles Sol Gravion.

The designs are just too plain for my blood. There's no real style or originality to them. It's just "This one's kind of a Pacific Rim bot!" or "This one's kind of 70s-ish".
>>
>>14479002
i feel the same way, its too shit and absolute generic
>>
>>14479002

>>14479006

hell, looking at the gameboard prototype pieces i feel like they look far superior in primer gray then they do in the overly colorful artwork. maybe this game would be best left in black/white copy paper style than any sort of color.
>>
>>14478996
That's what I'm thinking. Has there ever been a 70s super robot style tabletop, or is this a first?
>>
>>14479011

I'd suggest they just slap the word "placeholder" over all the mechanical designs and make "Hire a real mechanical designer" one of the stretch goals.

I'm not a big "Lol western mecha design is sucky XD" guy, but a lot of games and comics always feel like that's the one aspect they put the least amount of effort into. Why bother even having mecha or fighters or ships if they're not going to look cool?
>>
File: 1378854263249.jpg (37KB, 614x612px) Image search: [Google]
1378854263249.jpg
37KB, 614x612px
>>14478893
The character design seem nice, but the mecha designs are a little lacking Imo.

Still seems worth a look.
>No real robot esqe design
>>
Goddamn I miss Monsterpocalypse

Maybe this'll fill the void
>>
>>14479019
Because "mechanical designers" are "concept artists" trying to get into AAA game dev or hollywood production.

No time for indie crap.
>>
The artist is pretty bad at drawing mecha legs.
>>
>commission Nips from Pixiv to draw mecha
>????
>PROFIT

>have mecha designed by famous Japanese mecha designer as stretch goal
>MAXIMUM PROFIT
>>
>>14479019
Because giant robots are silly and for children, so even when we use them we must make sure the audience knows we don't take them seriously, wink wink nudge nudge.
>>
>>14478893
I rather like Noriko Nagare (Is that her name?)
>>
I'm not a big fan of board games but this looks pretty damn amazing, really tempted to throw some money its way.
>>
>>14479467
probably should've redesign them without the legs
>>
>>14478893
Certainly looks interesting.
>>
>>14478974
This design is the worst out of the batch, it's so boring. I think the main thing is the main features are way too subdued, If the five pronged facemask extended out more, the light crest in his face wasn't just a dot and extended upwards with the top prong, his upper torso was a bit bigger, widened the hips a bit so it looks sturdy instead of being built like a 1:1 human wearing a belt, extending the shell around the top part of the hands/arm like a hybrid buckler shield boxing glove thing, and lower the fucking middle crest down a bit and slap on an extra plate on his chest and he'd at least be more distinctive instead of looking like a shitty Volfogg with flashlights all over his body.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.