[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no one ever talks about the single strongest grunt unit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 100

File: OZ-02MD_Virgo.jpg (190KB, 371x483px) Image search: [Google]
OZ-02MD_Virgo.jpg
190KB, 371x483px
How come no one ever talks about the single strongest grunt unit of any Gundam series?
>>
File: Virgo IV CG.jpg (228KB, 2184x720px) Image search: [Google]
Virgo IV CG.jpg
228KB, 2184x720px
Because they're silly as fuck against named characters. Also that's not even the best version of that grunt.
>>
File: Rms-012-10.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rms-012-10.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>14475204
>"single strongest grunt unit"
>doesn't even have a satellite cannon
>>
>>14475217
Aren't those just recolours of the Virgo II?
>>
>>14475238
No, they're Virgo IVs from Frozen Teardrop. Apparently they're only outwardly identical to the Virgo II as some kind of misinformation tactic. Which doesn't make much sense because FT is supposed to take place at least 30 years after the TV series and the only group who operated Virgo IIs were White Fang. Why the hell anyone would fall for that is beyond me.. Then again, just about everyone knows FT is all kinds of retarded.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3638523#post3638523

In any case, the only information I can find about the Virgo IV is that apparently they have upgraded planet defensors and the beam cannons are now on the level of the TBR. I have no idea if that linked post is true and I cannot find any verifiable answers. I'm not sifting through that longass thread to find out and Google doesn't reveal any other useful mentions of the "Virgo IV" specifically.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (8KB, 263x192px)
1436520376545.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
>>14475204

Because they're shit.
>>
>>14475270
You mean 'because they do not have the souls of true soldiers to pilot them' ' Mr. Treize.
>>
>>14475458

Thank you, Col Une.

How goes your shooting people as you throw them out of planes?
>>
>>14475232

> Gundam X
> Grunt unit

The Victory is a better example of a Gundam grunt, since grunts actually pilot them for a start. It even has beam shields and stuff to put it ahead of the Virgo II if that's really your jam.
>>
>>14475269
>>14475217
>Talking about Frozen Teardrop shit
>Ever
>>
>>14475627
Mobile dolls are garbage. His Excellency Colonel Treize beats 3 mobile dolls with a single Leo.

https://youtu.be/kTa9i2FMO3M
>>
>>14475849

> he beat three units that weren't actually fighting

Wow, what a guy!
>>
>>14475204
>How come no one ever talks about the single strongest grunt unit of any Gundam series?

Because Wing is an embarrassment
>>
>>14475887
Hardly, it isn't even near the bottom of the barrel that is the Gundam franchise
>>
Because they're useless as paper mache against the heroes like every grunt in Wing.
>>
>>14475528
That's not the Gundam X, it's the Descem Mode X.

>>14475882
Yeah, he stood still in front of the mobile dolls as they fired machine guns at him.
>>
>>14475898
As far as AU's go, i'd actually put it quite high, by no means spectacular, but compared to trainwrecks the franchise spawned after G... - Yeah...
>>
>>14476751

> Descem Mode X

Was that mass produced then? I've not read Under the Moonlight

> He stood still in front of the mobile dolls as they fired machine guns at him

I meant more the fact that when he fought the three of them the Alliance soldier refused to put in any commands and hadn't let Tsubarov put any in, so they didn't put up any fight at all. One of them turns towards him, that's the totality of their action. It's like celebrating Wufei killing those sleeping pilots with a satchel bomb.
>>
>>14476834
>Was that mass produced then? I've not read Under the Moonlight
It's the very latest MP MS, a hybrid of SRA and Federation technology. They haven't made that many yet, but three units have shown up so far and it's meant to be the next generation grunt. It has the Crouda's beamproof armor without the flaw of the huge exhaust ports.

>I meant more the fact that when he fought the three of them the Alliance soldier refused to put in any commands and hadn't let Tsubarov put any in, so they didn't put up any fight at all. One of them turns towards him, that's the totality of their action.
What the hell are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTa9i2FMO3M

The people in the control tower don't know it was Treize inside the Leo attacking them, so all three of the prototype Leo MDs fire directly at Treize. After being hit for several seconds Treize reveals himself, and the officer has the MDs cease fire.

After Treize insists on continuing the battle, Tsubarov shoves the officer away and inputs commands telling the MDs to continue firing. Treize doesn't move and keeps standing still, soaking up bullets. Then he orders the officers in the control tower to murder Tsubarov, at which point he tackles the Leo MDs and then cuts them up with a beam sabre.

Treize was hit by gunfire from three Leo MDs for several seconds, twice.
>>
File: gnx-iv.jpg (175KB, 900x900px)
gnx-iv.jpg
175KB, 900x900px
>>14475204
You rang?
>>
>>14476899

> Tsubarov shoves teh officer away and inputs commands

No, he doesn't. He tries, but the officer pulls a gun on him per Trieze's command and the Mobile Dolls don't actually fire when he's destroying them. They barely even responds when he's destroying them. He does soak up some machine gun fire, but all he beat were some motionless dolls.
>>
>>14476944
You didn't watch the video. After the Leo MDs cease fire the first time, they start firing again at 1:37 because Tsubarov input fire commands. Several seconds later, Treize orders the officers to assassinate Tsubarov and then the Leo MDs stop firing again because the officers stopped the fire command when they were told to kill Tsubarov.

Did you think Treize ordering the officers to pull guns on Tsubarov didn't also mean stopping the mobile dolls?
>>
>>14476980

I did watch the video, and yes, the point is that when he actually destroyed them they were no longer firing because they'd stopped inputting commands. So they were basically strawmen. Before he destroys them all he's doing is being a damage sponge. A walking one, but still a sponge all the same.
>>
>>14476987
>the point is that when he actually destroyed them they were no longer firing because they'd stopped inputting commands
No it's not. >>14476834 claimed "One of them turns towards him, that's the totality of their action" which was clearly wrong since all three were firing at Treize. Then >>14476944
claims Tsubarov never input any commands but the Leo MDs started firing again. You're right if you meant that Treize couldn't actually do anything until the MDs stopped firing, but the other two examples aren't. I mean, if the MDs weren't actually doing anything then Treize never would have had to tell the officers to kill Tsubarov, giving him the opening he needed to get in close to destroy the Leo MDs.
>>
>>14477007

He ordered them to pull their guns partially as a metaphor, because while the mobile dolls just follow orders and would murder Tsubarov immediately, the 3 Alliance soldiers do pull their guns but don't actually murder Tsubarov - they just hold him up for several seconds. The point being that Humans are better than a machine because they can selectively disobey an order or interpret it (whichever you want to think applies in this case) rather than just follow it word for word. It's an example to Tsubarov himself, which Trieze hopes he'll notice since it saved his life, and it's why he tells him that he hopes he can learn to love humans. He wants to prove what makes humans better than mobile suits, which is their ability to disobey or interpret, rather than being better pilots. Which is why he had to have them shut off essentially to defeat them

I watched the video after your last post, but the order from Tsubarov is such a small part and the dolls still aren't putting up a fight that I didn't think it worth correcting with an additional post.
>>
>>14477039
I'm sorry, we must have been looking at the scene two different ways. I was fixated on the battle whereas you were looking at the philosophy. I was just confused when you said Tsubarov didn't do anything and that the only thing the MDs did was turn toward Treize.
>>
>>14475887
wing is a pretty bonkers series in some ways. the designs are pretty top tier imo - the main gundams are actually the weakest designs of the series, and that's saying something.

of course the story is all over the place, but it has great characters and the best char clone of the franchise. even autistic suicidal child soldier heero yuy has some depth and growth over the series
>>
>>14477545
The grunt design in Wing is fantastic, OZ suits have a strong theme to their design and aren't just zeon knockoffs.
Also the Maganac suits are cool as fuck, they almost make up for the fact that Oz suits have no 'ace customs'.

By the by, would you say Setsuna F Seiei is of a similar mould to Heero Yui but inferior as a protagonist overall?
He might become alien space jesus in the end with a super broken gundam but that doesn't really make things better...
>>
File: gn-x iv.jpg (46KB, 245x430px) Image search: [Google]
gn-x iv.jpg
46KB, 245x430px
>>14475204
Because GNX-IV was only in the movie.
>>
>>14477585

I think they're vaguely the same kind of character, but Setsuna is the better realized one. Mostly because of season one, but even season two he's alright. I like the fact that he's been permanently fucked up by his experiences and even transforming in to alien space Jesus didn't do anything to change that. The fact he gets flashbacks and has interpersonal issues with strangers like Nena and so on makes him more sympathetic and gives him more depth. Depth might not really be the right word, but it makes his character feel more fully realized and actually fucked up, unlike Heero who rarely feels that way to be honest.

I'd say the Tallgeese is Wing's version of an Ace custom though.
>>
>>14477585
Setsuna is Heero done right.
>>
>>14477596
>>14477596
Why doesn't this glorious fuck have an MG or 1/100 is beyond me.
Especially when the GN-X is already really damn sexy.
>>
>>14475204

I cannot look at these things without thinking/hearing the Mobile Doll theme "Labyrinth Called Yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEa14MQqNQ
>>
>>14475204
I remember these being really strong and effective up until the moment that they were enemies of the Gundams when they became shit like everything else.
>>
>>14477947

Well the effect worked the other way too, so that any time a named character sat in a Leo they essentially became invincible. Like the clip of Trieze above.
>>
>>14477963
So since they can't sit in Mobile Dolls is the Virgo automatically the worst unit in the show?
>>
>>14475849
>leos blasting each other with their machine guns
>not a single scratch.

If they were training rounds or something, why would the chief engineer order them to destroy Treize's suit?

lel wut
>>
It saddens me greatly that I will likely die before an action figure or even a lowly model kit is made of this glorious machine.
>>
File: Virgo shield effectiveness.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Virgo shield effectiveness.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>14478712
They aren't firing training ammunition, they blew up real tanks just before Treize arrived.

>>14477995
Zechs adopted three Virgo II MDs as his wingmen and they gained a supernatural ability to resist and beat back the Gundams. Webm and link related.

https://youtu.be/tkP-W8F2GlE?t=311
>>
>>14477585
Setsuna is Heero done terribly, terribly wrong. He is an insult to Heero. Not saying Heero is a great character, but he is still better than the trash that is Setsuna.
>>
>>14477039
This nigga gets it. Wing honestly has more depth than people give it, besides the whole MUH PACIFISM crap.
>>
>>14479147
Well, right up until MUH TEAMWORK
>>
>>14479432
yeah when i watched it as a kid i thought it was a bunch of idiots babbling about nothing while cool robots fought

watching it now it certainly isn't high brow intellectual writing but the characters do have some depth and ambitions (portrayed more or less melodramatically).

some of the episodes are a bit strange though. I think treize has autism or some other mental disorder honestly. maybe the zero system fucked him up.

there's an episode that's mostly clip show, but its set around treize going to a romefeller meeting and spending forever waxing poetically about the beauty of men fighting battles and everyone in the foundation is like "uh what are you talking about man" and then they strip him of his leadership of OZ when he says he'd rather resign than use mobile dolls.

then there's the whole trying to make a suicide pact with heero...
>>
>>14479432
Its not like Releena bought into the whole pacifism nonsense, she was only trying to live up to the ideals of her birth family she had just learned about because she felt responsibility and everyone around her was pushing her towards playing that role as if it was a vital thing.

Compare to actions she takes solely on her own initiative like trying to assassinate Lady Une with a handgun, and how at the end of Endless Waltz when she's had enough of trying to mindlessly follow her family's creed she's telling people to stand up for what's right and for Heero to take the shot.
>>
>>14477039
This goes even further after Treize is placed under house arrest and his soldiers form the Treize faction and try to free him. Hell, even after Treize is dead, a Treize loyalist executes Dekim Barton in Endless Waltz.

He basically told them to murder Tsubarov to show Tsubarov how useless his mobile dolls are compared to people.
>>
>>14477585

Setsuna is a more interesting, and compelling protagonist than Heero. Really Heero just has (more) meme magic on his side.
>>
File: 6888052.png (124KB, 1500x1500px)
6888052.png
124KB, 1500x1500px
>>
>>14479432
It's about as deep as a puddle.
>>
>>14477818
It doesn't even have a HG.
>>
File: qTrA7rH.png (956KB, 960x720px)
qTrA7rH.png
956KB, 960x720px
>>
>>14479147
The electro-shields that Mercurius and the Virgos use have a strong case of "strong as they need to be" disease going on. I remember one scene where Quatre destroyed a Virgo by punching it in the face right through the shield. I think he was in a Taurus or something, to boot.
>>
>>14480774
I can't be the only one that likes the aesthetics of the Virgo over the Virgo II
>>
>>14480805
the mercurius shield was much stronger than a virgo's, it withstood several blasts from wing zero's buster rifle and a point blank shot from vayeate's gun. the virgo's shield is clearly much less powerful

of course, they both suffer from the obvious defect of only stoping beams, and not physical options or lasers

which begs the question of why no one adopted laser weapons. i mean, the blue carrier that noin piloted had a laser cannon that sliced up several virgos. why not make a mobile suit or mobile armor with that as a weapon
>>
>>14477947
Most of the gundams have a melee focus (Hero can just blow them away with tbr) and the Virgo lines greatest weakness is close combat (Both because they lack any chance close combat weapons and because it's too complex for them to be efficient at without a zero system + human mind boosting them).

Iirc Duo even comments on this.

Its against sanc kingdom that they suddenly lose all effectiveness as repainted taurus's can suddenly wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>14475204
What I really don't get is why this thing never got a toy or kit or anything? It seems a very easy action figure build that can be sold en masse cheaply.
>>
>>14481208
There just weren't/aren't a lot of wing kits for some reason. Maybe if FT or something else from the AC timeline gets animated there would be some new kits
>>
>>14480774
I love that fucking built-in generator. Virgo really is a well-rounded grunt. Apt performance, top of the line defense and firepower to boot.
>>
>>14481222
Don't mention FT
>>
>>14479128
this is the suit that is the combo of the mercurius and vay-8 correct?
>>
File: 1439291597923.jpg (276KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1439291597923.jpg
276KB, 1600x1200px
>>14481208
90s series tended to get very little in the way of grunt kits after Victory. Most of the handful that did get made were part of the LM line and are some of the worst kits I have ever seen.
>>
>>14481235
Correct. It contains scaled back versions of their cannon and shields and runs on a system derived from Trowa and Hero's pilot data.
>>
>>14477963
I was just watching episode 30 today and it was hilarious how everyone was getting BTFO and yet there Heero was in a shitty Leo with shots constantly missing him. Granted, he did have his controls begin to malfunction from what damage he did take, but he did surprisingly well for himself.
>>
>>14477650
>I'd say the Tallgeese is Wing's version of an Ace custom though.

I'd get where you'd see that. But Tallgeese wasn't meant to be that. It was literally the prototype mobile suit in Wing.
>>
File: 1g3.jpg (393KB, 1223x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1g3.jpg
393KB, 1223x1600px
>>14480821
You are not. The Virgo I is far less cluttered and more sleek than the Virgo II and has a much more attractive silhouette in my most humble opinion.
>>
File: Escuadron.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px)
Escuadron.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>14475204
Because we already had a FLAG thread a few weeks ago
>>
File: Wing virgo planet defensors.webm (1MB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
Wing virgo planet defensors.webm
1MB, 640x528px
>>14481126
>of course, they both suffer from the obvious defect of only stoping beams, and not physical options or lasers
No, they stop everything -except- for lasers. That's why Leos and Aries can't stop them either, see the webm.

>which begs the question of why no one adopted laser weapons.
Barge was developing prototype laser weapons for the Taurus, but the only time they were ever used was when White Fang launched an operation to destroy Barge in episode 41. Zechs destroys barge in that episode, so the laser weapon tech was lost. See the link.

https://youtu.be/CHGzapY-yX0?t=179

Ignore the incorrect English subtitles. The Japanese dialogue says "the beam weapons won't work, use the laser weapons instead".
>>
File: 202356481.jpg (14KB, 150x150px)
202356481.jpg
14KB, 150x150px
>>
>>14480592
And Setsuna has more rainbow magic instead.
>>
File: Virgirl.gif (44KB, 240x320px)
Virgirl.gif
44KB, 240x320px
>>
>>14485618

No more than Heero and his literal plot armor, imbuing Leos with invincibility merely by entering them and surviving mobile suit self destructions.
>>
File: Powermaster.jpg (49KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Powermaster.jpg
49KB, 500x382px
>>14485753
So... Would that mean all the named pilots in Gundam Wing are Power Masters?
>>
>>14485753
yeah the plot armor in wing is ridiculous. i have to assume that it's just meant to show how great the named character pilots are but holy fuck is it silly when leos appear to be made of paper and die to vulcans but can stand multiple beam blasts when heero is in one (or as shown earlier in the thread, 3 simultaneous point blank machine guns from other leos THAT COULD DESTROY TANKS)
>>
File: virgo lazer party.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
virgo lazer party.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>
File: Virgo_II_profile.jpg (59KB, 550x530px) Image search: [Google]
Virgo_II_profile.jpg
59KB, 550x530px
>>
>>14475269
Virgo I and IIs look identical in the first place, I don't think you are in any position to talk about retardation here.
>>
File: 4644188929_cea5b555bd_z.jpg (135KB, 590x392px) Image search: [Google]
4644188929_cea5b555bd_z.jpg
135KB, 590x392px
Has anyone ever scanned the old Gundam Wing Technical Manual? I could swear someone was working on that a while back,
>>
File: 1408667125564.webm (2MB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
1408667125564.webm
2MB, 640x528px
Am I the only one who really REALLY liked the Taurus?

>essentially was going to replace the Aries on Earth
>and all the Space version Leos in space
>extremely aggressive design
>high speed aggressor type unit
>kills MS by elbow punching them to death

I always liked it better then the Virgo.
>>
File: leo.jpg (137KB, 634x473px)
leo.jpg
137KB, 634x473px
>>14475204
Fuck outta here with that expensive shit.
>>
>>14489804
Leos are complete dogshit. Even in-universe, they're just objectively inferior to every other mobile suit in existence and only became the main force of the Alliance's military because literally no one else besides OZ was capable of building mobile suits, so they had no competition until the Gundams showed up and all the Alliance in-fighting started. They get chewed up by head vulcans and explode like pinatas when a beam weapon fires within half a mile of them. Even the Gundam pilots aren't capable of beating anything more advanced than an Aries while piloting a Leo.
>>
>>14489831
>Leos are complete dogshit.
Nice bullshit.
>Even in-universe, they're just objectively inferior to every other mobile suit in existence
Hyperbolic bullshit to the extreme. The Leo is already a nearly 30 year old MS by the time Operation Meteor goes down and the W's Gundams are ridiculously overpowered by most standards in the meta-franchise. Can you show me regular Zaku Is or IIs without any aid using beam weapons or being as modular with various equipment packs or gear as the Leo? I doubt it.
>became the main force of the Alliance's military because literally no one else besides OZ was capable of building mobile suits
That's wrong. The Leo became the primary MS because its a toned down Tallgeese with the adaptability to keep on being utilized as the main MS for decades. The fact that its stated in both the primary material and secondary sources the Leo kept getting updates and newer versions of itself only adds to this.
>they had no competition until the Gundams
They had people using other Leos, Aries, and so on with various uprisings and civil dissent on both the Earth and in space with the Colonies. So wrong.
>They get chewed up by head vulcans
Victims of stock footage and it didn't happen all that often on top of that.
>Even the Gundam pilots aren't capable of beating anything more advanced than an Aries while piloting a Leo.
Aside from the fact that Heero and Duo managed to hold out against Gundams in Space Leos, I'd say your full of shit.
>>
File: 1298288147161.png (411KB, 644x852px)
1298288147161.png
411KB, 644x852px
Leo's are wonderful.

Wing had really neat grunt designs in general that weren't knockoffs of other series but instead their own thing, and the Leo specifically had an impressive variety of weapons and equipment created for it from its long service, from all sorts of beam and physical weapons to stuff like flight packs.

Going to start a little Wing grunt dump.
>>
>>14490083
I do love the Wing grunt designs. I wish they were in a show where they weren't made of explodium.
>>
File: 1229374546572.jpg (31KB, 400x300px)
1229374546572.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>
File: 1331704319376.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1331704319376.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
>>14490092
>>
File: 1331704392240.jpg (42KB, 512x384px)
1331704392240.jpg
42KB, 512x384px
>>14490107
The amount of time between being allowed to make new posts seems pretty long just now.
>>
File: 1300493347901.jpg (46KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1300493347901.jpg
46KB, 704x480px
>>14490114
>>
File: 1330360152872.jpg (552KB, 3020x2143px)
1330360152872.jpg
552KB, 3020x2143px
>>
>>14489787

I love the OZ/White Fang fight where BOTH sides are not only using Taurus suits, but the same-colored ones no less.

It's the only time in the "Gundam Wing" anime where that happens (two sides use the same suit with the same color scheme against one another, in the same battle).
>>
File: 1278917590795.png (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1278917590795.png
95KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: cannonleo.jpg (17KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
cannonleo.jpg
17KB, 352x288px
>>14490130
Didn't white fang have their own Taurus color scheme which was that sort of pinky/purplish color and much less cool than the sleek black & red? Or perhaps in this situation they just hadn't repainted yet.
>>
File: OZ-07MS.CS.gif (16KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
OZ-07MS.CS.gif
16KB, 300x320px
I'm sad the Tragos didn't get as many appearances in the series, they were really cool.

The fire-support suits with a hovercraft system for superior mobility.
>>
>>14490147
>>
>>14490142

Yes. For whatever reason (possibly in order to get close to OZ and surprise them), they didn't use that color scheme for that one battle.
>>
File: 1228928446337.gif (21KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1228928446337.gif
21KB, 300x350px
You know its been years since I've seriously posted on /m/, and now that I'm going through my old gundam images it seems like a lot of them have shrank since that time?
>>
File: 1279242045769.gif (15KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1279242045769.gif
15KB, 270x320px
>>
File: 1284703832584.jpg (1024KB, 2655x744px)
1284703832584.jpg
1024KB, 2655x744px
>>
>>14490155

They were always annoyingly tiny.
>>
File: 1267757256954.png (312KB, 704x528px)
1267757256954.png
312KB, 704x528px
>>14490154
The Sanc Kingdom variants had the best color scheme anyway.
>>
File: 1271012394483.png (1MB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
1271012394483.png
1MB, 1024x675px
>>
File: 1282339608373.jpg (39KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1282339608373.jpg
39KB, 500x640px
Show some love for the Aries
>>
Something confused me, didn't they have ACTUAL laser weapons in AC? I remember someone in the show saying laser weapons would bypass the Planet Defensors unlike beam weapons.
>>
>>14490183

"Arm the Taurus suits with laser cannons!"

"They're not programmed for the additional output! They'll overheat in no time!"

"Doesn't matter! As long as they wipe out some of the dolls!"
>>
File: 1256326496030.jpg (94KB, 432x576px)
1256326496030.jpg
94KB, 432x576px
>>
>>14490183

Noin used one on a plane when helping Heero midshow yea. I think there were others around too. It makes you question not just why lasers weren't more of a thing but why planes weren't frankly, since AC is one of the few universes not to have a Minovsky parralel making them obsolete.
>>
File: 1256326543943.jpg (118KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1256326543943.jpg
118KB, 576x432px
>>14490201
>>
File: 1331706006484.jpg (47KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1331706006484.jpg
47KB, 704x480px
>>
File: 1280956629620.jpg (71KB, 619x557px) Image search: [Google]
1280956629620.jpg
71KB, 619x557px
>>14490211
>>
File: 1271019079726.jpg (64KB, 215x400px) Image search: [Google]
1271019079726.jpg
64KB, 215x400px
It makes me sad the only Ace Custom of wing grunts exist were these extremely fancy things in that one manga that feels the need to add a bunch of ALL NEW GUNDAMS with BULLSHIT GIMMICKS that were TOTALLY OPERATING AT THE SAME TIME AS THE ANIME just you know... no one ever mentioned them.
>>
File: 1271019194864.jpg (65KB, 187x400px)
1271019194864.jpg
65KB, 187x400px
>>
File: 1271019580502.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1271019580502.jpg
1B, 486x500px
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZ-06MS-SS1_Leo-S
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZ-06MS-SR2_Leo-R
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZ-06MS-SN3_Leo-N
>>
File: aries_flight.jpg (41KB, 461x384px)
aries_flight.jpg
41KB, 461x384px
>>
File: 84440_001.jpg (200KB, 1500x1176px) Image search: [Google]
84440_001.jpg
200KB, 1500x1176px
>>
File: 10240536b.jpg (440KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10240536b.jpg
440KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: Leo_with_Flight_Pack.jpg (190KB, 2000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_with_Flight_Pack.jpg
190KB, 2000x1416px
>>
File: Leo_Forces_2.jpg (188KB, 2000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_Forces_2.jpg
188KB, 2000x1417px
>>
File: 1389408350723.jpg (361KB, 702x702px) Image search: [Google]
1389408350723.jpg
361KB, 702x702px
The Serpent was pretty cool too, and I hate most of the EW gundams.
>>
>>14490313

The Serpent's greatest asset was its sheer combat flexibility. It gave its user a lot of combat options.
>>
>>14490332
Couldn't it also hover while jetting along?
Not outright flight but moving Dom-style taken up a notch.
>>
>>14490358

Yes. Honestly it deserves more recognition than it gets.

If the U.C ever gets rebooted, I'd model the new Zakus on its combat abilities.
>>
>>14490368
That kind of thinking brought us Seed, where the tech power creeped like a motherfucker for little reason.

Power levels don't make a series better.
>>
>>14490378

No, good writing does. You can have Zakus of Serpent-tier quality, if your show is well-written.
>>
>>14490440

So they'd exist to get destroyed and disarmed piecemeal, only gradually wearing down their enemies through bitter attrition and hurling themselves at their foes?
>>
>>14490211
the ares must have quite a powerplant to use the buster rifle
>>
>>14490455

Or they'd exist to get killed by beams and other energy weapons similar to how Wing portrayed them, but with greater resistance to damage at least in numbers I would presume he means.

>>14490476

The Buster Rifle has a built in power plant and ammo as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>14490455

Nah. They'd exist to force the Gundam pilot to rely on more than just brutal force.

That thinking seriously hurts the pilot at first, as the Zakus nearly kill the amateur through shaking the suit up.

Realistically the Gundam pilot would lose his first few battles, not experienced enough to use his superior suit to its full advantage.

The Zaku pilots aren't morons. They're not going to stand and get shot.
>>
>>14490092
>join the helldivers!
>>
>>14490235
>add a bunch of ALL NEW GUNDAMS with BULLSHIT GIMMICKS that were TOTALLY OPERATING AT THE SAME TIME AS THE ANIME
Every single Gundam series does this. MSG, Zeta, and ZZ are particularly guilty of this.
>>
>>14490556

Turn-A doesn't, but only because there's not enough interest to get one going I'd imagine. G-Reco hasn't done it yet either I don't think. G Gundam is probably the one with the most excuse to do it, since it's totally believable it'd happen, but I think it's just had a retelling and prequel manga.
>>
>>14490568
Japan doesn't care about Turn A. But the whole One Year War and Gryps Conflict/Neo-Zeon Wars are literally riddled with side stories featuring prototype super units and what not lurking off panel.

Also speaking of G, didn't Bandai and Sunrise totally ignore its 20th anniversary while pull a bunch of new works and stuff for Wing?
>>
>>14490739
I think they did announce the blu rays then.
>>
>>14490747
Yeah but we got GoL and other stuff for Wing. Which I guess makes sense since outside of UC, only AC, CE, and AD stuff are really popular.
>>
File: sirou034.jpg (50KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
sirou034.jpg
50KB, 458x640px
>>
File: Serpent mobility.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Serpent mobility.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>14489762
What are you talking about? The Virgo Is have almost completely spherical shoulders and are always black. Virgo IIs are a shit shade of tan and have bigass backpacks.

>>14490183
See >>14483726

>>14490358
Yeah. Webm related.
>>
File: rms-019.jpg (53KB, 410x400px) Image search: [Google]
rms-019.jpg
53KB, 410x400px
>Implying
>>
>>14490201
>>14490206
What mobile suit is it? It looks like a custom Aries.
>>
>>14476899
>It has the Crouda's beamproof armor without the flaw of the huge exhaust ports.

I don't get why only the Crouda gets called out for exhaust ports. I can see two exhaust ports on Descem's chest right here.
>>
The Sumo and Brave are probably both significantly more advanced than the Virgo. The I-field bunker could likely shut-down the g-defensors immediately.
>>
>>14485739
She's so cute, is there a higher res version?
>>
>>14476899

Isn't Under the Moonlight wrapped up with a decade? I'd imagine it's possible to get a hard number on units now, and if only 3 appeared it's hardly mass produced even if they planned to do so eventually - for the same reason the F91 or Tallgeese isn't mass produced, the producing company could easily change their priorities part way through production.

I'd also assume OP meant in anime.

>>14493289

It's probably the difference between a vent and a port.
>>
>>14489787

You're not. They're awesome, reasonable flexible (though not as much as the Leo, they make up for it in firepower), and can even serve as human-operated command units for Virgo units.

>>14490130

There are a few scenes where olive drab Leos fight eachother in the series, but otherwise they're very rare.
>>
>>14493400
Sumo wasn't a grunt, it was a commander unit.
>>
>>14493400
Sol-Braves aren't grunt suits.
>>
>>14493225
It's Noin's personal Aries, which is just a normal Aries painted in drab green colors.

>>14494333
When the fighting picks up near the end of the show, more SUMOs show up. Loran used one for menial work while stuck on the moon without the Turn A.
>>
>>14495098

The SUMO was a high level unit, but only for the Dianna Counter, which was a militia. The actual army led by Gym didn't use them and had Mahiroos instead.
>>
>>14495130
Dianna Counter was on Earth when Loran used that SUMO on the Moon. Besides, Gym's forces had SUMOs as well. Gym's engineers are the ones who substitute a SUMO's cockpit onto the Turn A.
>>
>>14495098
Huh, Noin was the only OZ/Alliance pilot in the entire series to have a custom suit. Even the Lightning Count getting the Tallgeese was just them digging out the original ridiculous 2FAST2FURIOUS prototype suit that could actually compare on some level to the Gundams
>>
>>14495269
Apparently OZ doesn't go for that kind of thing. In an early episode, Lady Une and Treize arrive at a base by shuttle and they see the Tallgeese standing with some Aries at its side, almost ceremoniously. Lady Une is being bitch and says that the Tallgeese is a bad idea because it might give Zechs an (spoiled) attitude, while Treize says he doesn't see a problem with giving a superior mobile suit to a superior pilot.

There is the OZ Prize unit from the G-Unit manga, they have a bunch of OZ ace custom MS in that story.
>>
>>14495144

The point was the military didn't use them as a combat suit, and had stuff they preferred over them like the Mahiroo, or the Bandit(s) in the case of Merrybell.

They were more if them than just those on Earth, but it was only the militia and palace guard that used them, the military had access to them - they just preferred other suits regardless.
>>
File: Virgo horde.jpg (27KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
Virgo horde.jpg
27KB, 704x480px
>>
I would like to bring up some news for the Local Virgo Fan Union 465. Apparently there IS a figure for the Virgo I now. However it's an SD Gashopon thing. The Virgo I has been released as part of some "SD Gundam Gashopon Warriors Dash" thing. I have purchased one and will report of its quality once it arrives.
>>
>>14497354
>>
File: 66e03f6a.jpg (148KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
66e03f6a.jpg
148KB, 1136x852px
>>14497357
It appears the planetary defensors do not separate but the beam cannon generator fan thing does lift up from the shoulder.
>>
File: P1020050.jpg (209KB, 1190x1068px) Image search: [Google]
P1020050.jpg
209KB, 1190x1068px
>>14497363
>>
>>14497354
>>14497357
>>14497363
At the scale size that it appears to be, expecting separable PDs might be asking for a bit too much. And they might be lost rather easily.

Kind of unexpected for them to make a figure of the Virgo I when everything else on that poster is a Gundam.
>>
File: virgo_ii_2.jpg (124KB, 1200x900px)
virgo_ii_2.jpg
124KB, 1200x900px
>>14497393
Agreed. I'm just glad there's finally a way to get a Virgo that is not the increasingly rare B-Club models.

From what I understand the figure itself is under 3" tall. Probably Closer to 2".
>>
File: 28938500.jpg (443KB, 1000x743px)
28938500.jpg
443KB, 1000x743px
>>
>>14490165
man the tallgeese line of suits is so well designed
>>
>>14500003
Not the shitty new one where they just slapped some Endless Waltz angel wings on the thing
>>
>>14500014
TALLGEESE can have wings if he want to
>>
Is the Leo the basis of almost every MS in the AC universe? Its basic body design, frame, and form seems to directly lead into the Taurus, Virgo I and II, Serpents, and even the Vayeate and Mercurius.
>>
>>14500209
It was basically the original combat mobile suit of the Wing universe wasn't it? It had been in service for like 30 years or something and had just been reworked in that time with general updates to the base design (which is why Leo's have so many equipment and weapon options compared to other suits)
>>
>>14500221
Technically that belongs to the Tallgeese, the Leo was essentially a simplified and lower end mass production of the Tallgeese right? Hell the Tallduck even has a Leo head once you remove the armored mask/helmet off of its head.

But otherwise yeah, the Leo was the first TRUE mass production MS for over 20+ years in AC. And when you think about it, its ridiculous how efficient its design and performance actually stands when not seeing them getting destroyed by suits made decades after them or by Gundams that were designed to solo armies.

Off the bat it was using beam weapons, flightpacks, shoulder cannons, space packs, etc...
>>
>>14500230
The Tallgeese seemingly never saw combat until The Lightning Count and that other guy that killed himself piloting it got a hold of the machine though, it seems like during testing they realized how ridiculous it would be to put non-main-character pilots in this hotrod so made a scaled-back humanoid weapon for the production model which could get about and kill tanks without needing to fly at Mach Infinity.
>>
>>14500242
Doesn't GoL show us Wufei's finance using the Tallgeese before the main story comes around with Operation METEOR?
>>
>>14475204
Because they were so strong that shit just got boring.

They could have at least made dolls shit on the ground to counter how good they were in space.

I'd have rather they stick with less explosive Leos and such.

More of a Universal Century style slugfest.

>>14490183
Yesm they had full lasers (That looked like top loading bullpup projectile weapons.) that had overheating issues compared to beams but passed through Defensor shields.

In AC the beams are magnetized plasma.

>>14490476
The original buster uses those three cylinders as power cells.

>>14492374
I loved the serpents since they didn't see to Roflstop as badly.

>>14490147
>>14490150
I love all over-the-shoulder cannons so Tragos was a super favorite of mine.

I just wish leos, Tragos, Aries, and the aquatic suits got more love and less explodium.
>>
File: 061.jpg (301KB, 1200x1698px)
061.jpg
301KB, 1200x1698px
>Most powerful grunt MS
>Not a single person mentioned the Doven Wolf

These brutes didn't even need shields, they could shrug off just about anything thrown at them through sheer body armor alone. Not to mention they have psycommu weapons that are operable by oldtypes. They're pretty much miniaturized Psyco MK-II's.
>>
>>14497357
>>14497363
>>14497383
I have it and it's pretty neat for what it is. It is certainly not substitute for an action figure, much less a full fledged model but if you are like me and just need a physical representation of the Virgo then this is what you get.

Damn, I didn't realize the generator popped! Gonna have to dig mine out of storage.
>>
>>14500389
It was not the same Tallgeese as Zechs piloted, just another prototype unit of a similar type their colony had hidden away
>>
>>14500512
Incoms are wire-guided
>>
>>14500389
A Tallgeese as Gundam Wing Canon has expanded things have gotten a little crazy and out of hand, including the fact that Wufei's fiance somehow had a perfectly working second Tallgeese, but Zech's was more or less mothballed until he busted it out to go after the Gundams.
>>
>>14500623
>>14500641
My point was we did see A Tallgeese in action before Operation Meteor.
>>
>>14500632
There's apparently two different version of the Doven Wolf, a standard and a commander version which differ in their arms.
The standard version has zeong style wire guided arms. The commander version has wireless psycommu arms with a subarm underneath. Both have incoms.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (9KB, 300x239px)
latest[1].jpg
9KB, 300x239px
>>14500797
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>14500797
Actually I don't think they're specified as being psycommu controlled. Everything I've seen on them just calls the "wireless".

No idea how that's supposed to work with interference.
>>
>>14500890
lasers maybe? i know that minovsky particles are only supposed to interfere with radio waves in universe, that's why both sides use flares for combat and lasers for long distance comms.
>>
>>14500399
>(That looked like top loading bullpup projectile weapons.)
They literally reused the fucking animation models for the 90mm GM Machine gun from 0080 and 0083 for those things.
>>
>>14501168
Yes! that's what it was!
>>
File: Taurus laser.jpg (33KB, 704x480px)
Taurus laser.jpg
33KB, 704x480px
>>14501168
>>14501172
>>
>>14500593
I don't suppose you can elaborate on the thing? That and some pictures would be fine too.
>>
This thread reminded me how awesome the grunt designs were in Wing.
>>
>>14489831
Motherfucker the Tallgeese was a leo with boosters, a railgun and, a god damn face mask on it. It came down to the pilot and all the pilots were generally scrubs, and when the motherfuckers got good pilot they would straight up go toe to toe with the robots made of magic alloy.
>>
>>14501737
Leos have all around toned down performance and use a slightly smaller frame compared to the tallgeese. If the tallgeese was just a Leo with boosters and a bigger gun it wouldn't have taken them so long to restore it. They could have just swapped the parts onto a Leo.
>>
>>14501737
>>14501748
The Tallgeese is well above the Leo by a huge gap in terms of performance, size, weapons, and so on, it was a wild machine that killed anyone who wasn't superhuman enough to handle its acceleration and torque. But even compared to the Gundams, it was inferior.

IIRC even scoring grazing hits on the Heavyarms with its beam saber when Zechs and Heero had their duel early on in the show after their first inconclusive fight with the Tallgeese vs Wing Gundam, he was barely doing anything to it.

Tallduck couldn't really hurt the Gundams. I mean my memory could be off here but in general it was still inferior to them armor wise and couldn't damage them easily.
>>
File: Taurus laser rifles.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus laser rifles.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>14501168
>>14501172
>>14501295
>>
>>14501768
>IIRC even scoring grazing hits on the Heavyarms with its beam saber when Zechs and Heero had their duel early on in the show after their first inconclusive fight with the Tallgeese vs Wing Gundam, he was barely doing anything to it.
It wasn't grazing, Zechs was smacking the Heavyarms silly with it.
>>
>>14501797
Maybe his beam saber was underpowered? Char used that excuse after all.
>>
File: aa.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aa.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>14501825
Let's just say the show is wildly inconsistent and leave it at that. He could have been holding back because he still wanted a real fight with Heero.
>>
>>14479128
I kept hoping we'd get RD's for more Wing grunts beyond the Leo and Aries, but it never happened. Even with the blu-ray remaster. :(
>>
>>14501875
>>14501825
>>14501797
Don't think so. The show hammers in repeatedly that regardless of how ridiculous Grand Pappy Tallduck is, its outstripped ultimately by the Gundams.

And that's not really an inconsistency. The Gundams were all made decades after it, with assumingly each of the original five scientists improving upon the tech used in the design and construction of the Tallgeese. Better armor, more powerful weapons, better technology, etc...
>>
>>14501875
We saw the Wing Gundam survive somewhat after being blasted by the Libra's main cannon, so I don't think so. Its pretty obviously Zechs never makes a comment about toning down the power of his beam saber (if such a function even exists in AC, because its never shown or stated in the anime), and Gundanium alloy being so OP it no sells practically everything but the greatest of weapons.
>>
File: aa.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
aa.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>14501901
>>14501907
In OP1, the Tallgeese slices off the Wing Gundam's arm rather easily.

And despite the Wing Gundam remaining mostly in one piece despite being completely engulfed by the Libra's beam cannon, the Deathscythe explodes after being shot by the Taurus' beam cannon. I'm sure someone will say that the Deathscythe took a beating before it was "executed", but Libra's cannon does a whole lot more than that.
>>
>>14501946
>In OP 1
I don't think opening for shows matter for canon events in a TV series, anon. Intros literally matter for nothing here. Also Deathscyche was targeted by multiple beam cannons and was already damaged? Well it doesn't matter if it wasn't, those beam cannons were heavy duty shit so it wasn't going to nosell repeated shots from those.
>>
>>14501966
Deathscythe was hit by multiple beam rifle shots, then captured. It was finished off in a later episode by a single shot from a Taurus beam cannon.
>>
>>14501984
Wasn't this before it got rebuilt and upgraded? Also Wing being the closet to WZC might explain its superior durability to even the other Gundams.

Either way, Tallgeese was never really capable of damaging them short of killing the pilots with concussive force or something.
>>
>>14501995
>Wasn't this before it got rebuilt and upgraded?
Yep, it being destroyed in the first place was why they decided to make a better replacement. Deathscythe was a completely new suit whereas Altron was built with some of the parts from the captured Shenlong.
>>
>>14502009
I'm not really seeing the problem then.
>>
>>14502027
What problem? I thought we were just talking about the show?
>>
>>14502041
I thought you were disagreeing with me earlier from the original tangent about the Tallgeese vs Gundams. My bad.
>>
>>14501901
>And that's not really an inconsistency. The Gundams were all made decades after it

Wing Zero was designed years before all the five gundams were and yet is clearly superior to all of them.
>>
>>14502064
Wing Zero was designed and developed in conjunction by all five of Operation Meteors scientists. The individual Gundams are just lower end versions of it specified for different roles.

Not seeing a contradiction there.
>>
>>14502079
why is it that the first 5 gundams are more powerful than a 20 year old suit but less powerful than a 15 year old suit and a few months newer suit?
>>
>>14502087
you need the context of who was piloting what
>>
>>14501797
Gundanium alloy is ridiculously durable, seems like it can actually tank at least some beam shots without even any special anti-beam coating required
>>
>>14495269
OZ didn't really seem to like the idea of super prototypes or ace customs. You get the sense that the Mobile Dolls were always their endgame when it came to building mobile suits, and it's pretty clear that whenever someone designs a MS in the AC timeline, OZ's first question is "Can we build a thousand of these and put any idiot behind the controls? No? Then scrap this shit and try again." Even the Mercurius and Vayate were left to collect dust after the Virgo was mass-produced.

>>14489762
Virgo IIs are symmetrical and are painted olive drab for some reason. It's pretty easy to see why one would prefer the edgy black and red color scheme and cool-looking generator to the later version.
>>
>>14502064
Wing Zero was designed early, but the scientists working on it looked at it and said, "this is ridiculous, no one could pilot this shit," and dumbed down the design after going their separate ways. Even then, the Wing Zero that we see in the series was brand-new, with Quatre having built it about halfway through the series. Only the Epyon, Virgo II, and Tallgeese II are newer.
>>
>>14502243
But Virgo II has the twin back thrusters, and there were black and red ones in EW too.
>>
>>14502243
>OZ didn't really seem to like the idea of super prototypes or ace customs.
The G-Unit manga sorta shits on that, but I guess it was just the author taking his own liberties to tell a different story.

>Even the Mercurius and Vayate were left to collect dust after the Virgo was mass-produced
The Mercurius was a wreck and the Vayeate blew up. White Fang managed to build another set late in the TV series and OZ has another modified set of them in the G-Unit manga.
>>
>>14475269
Maybe looking like the II is supposed to make people think they're out of date 30 year old suits and underestimate them?
>>
>>14502251
Is there any proof that Qautre upgraded Wing Zero? We just know he replicated it from the blueprints he recovered. I have extreme doubts he decided in the process to I don't know, give it brand spanking new avionics or updated verniers or something.

>>14502087
I think the initial point that anon was making was that if the Tallgeese had Gundaminium alloy or whatever used in its construction and a more powerful beam saber like WZ's (much less Epyon's or Mercurius' own ones), it would've been able to do more then simply knock the Gundams around.
>>
>>14502303
That's what the "misinformation tactic" would be. Tricking them into thinking they're old machines.
>>
>>14475204
I remember when I first watched Wing on Toonami decades ago my dumb little kid self thought the mobile dolls were going to go full Skynet by the end of the series since I had recently watched the first two Terminator movies for the first time. I honestly have no idea if that would have been better or worse than what we got.
>>
File: heavyvfins.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
heavyvfins.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
Does the V-fin on Heavyarms ever move? If not why does it have this slot that looks like that's what it does?

It would have been funny if they had used it like a set of eyebrows for some bad jokes.
>>
>>14502307
this raises an interesting question: did treize stumble upon the zero system independently of the wing zero blueprint? he doesn't seem to know what it is but didn't he design the suit for himself (and for zechs, in a way), by himself?

what the fuck man
>>
>first mobile suit ever created in AC is the Tallgeese by the five head scientists who made the five Gundams for Operation Meteor
>Tallgeese is too powerful and kills pilots but its still more or less based on conventional technology; really fucking fast, beam saber, dobergun, and hitting things until they die
>The Tallgeese is too powerful and too expensive to mass produce so logically we get the Leo; the first mass production suit which is a dumbed down and simplified Tallgeese
>The same five scientists meet in secret a few years later again to develop the Wing Zero; first Gundam type mobile suit
>Same issues as the Tallgeese; far too powerful and too dangerous for anyone to use on top of that, the Zero System, more or less drives the average person insane with its predictions and basically turning anyone into a pseudo Newtype when using it
>WZ surpasses the Tallgeese with its TBR and the advent of the new material called Gundanium alloy which is hugely resistant even to beam weapons and extreme heat; this material was never incorporated into the Tallgeese's armor unlike the WZ
>When Operation Meteor actually goes down even further in the AC timeline, the five scientists go their separate ways and develop five off-shot Gundam types incorporating the same basic design and Gundanium alloy used in the WZ but each Gundam successor is specialized in a different combat role
>Only Wing Gundam aka Unit 01 directly parallels its parent but it has a weaker output single BR which only has three shots iirc
>Tallgeese being so powerful can still keep up and hold its own but is a relative glass cannon due to the material in its construction being second to Gundanium used in the Gundams construction

Not that hard.
>>
File: 1388567933098.jpg (898KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1388567933098.jpg
898KB, 1600x1200px
>>14502323
GoL shows and tells us that Trieze was designing Epyon and the Tallgeese III well before the Wing Zero shows up thanks to Quatre. So I doubt he knew anything about Zero System at all.
>>
File: Wing early concepts 5.jpg (218KB, 1773x932px) Image search: [Google]
Wing early concepts 5.jpg
218KB, 1773x932px
>>14502314
>Does the V-fin on Heavyarms ever move?
Not that I'm aware of.

>If not why does it have this slot that looks like that's what it does?
Who knows. It's had that slot at a very early stage of its design.

>>14502323
>this raises an interesting question: did treize stumble upon the zero system independently of the wing zero blueprint?
Hard to say. In the TV series, OZ does have the Wing Zero in their possession for a couple of episodes and at least one OZ officer ran tests on it, including the Zero system. It isn't explained how the Epyon came to be, though.

In the Glory of Losers retelling, Treize already has blueprints for the Epyon (as well as the Tallgeese III) on his computer with the words "Epyon system" below. It's safe to say that at that point in the show, few people have knowledge of the Wing Zero, and Treize shouldn't know about it.

In Frozen Teardrop (which is super fucked up) there's a prototype mobile suit called the Wyvern created by Doctor J that was the first machine to have the Zero system. It's what the Epyon is based on, and it was piloted by Relena's grandmother. Glory of Losers is intended to tie into Frozen Teardrop, so it would stand to reason that Treize based it off the Wyvern rather than the Wing Zero.
>>
>>14502350
>>14502343
Also to add, the head writer of Wing's TV series is the same guy who writes GoL and Frozen Teardrop and is obsessed with making sure things fit together, even if he retcons more things.

Also Katoki's Epyon is still awful regardless of what anyone thinks of Okawara's original versions.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2MB, 5709x3928px)
latest[1].jpg
2MB, 5709x3928px
>>14502355
I don't really have much of a problem Katoki's original designs, but his habit of throwing a bunch of pointy shit all over the more traditional Wing designs just looks absolutely terrible. Heavyarms is the only Endless Waltz redesign that I like.
>>
>>14502359
>>14502355
To be fair painting something a nice cool or dark blue generally is an easy fix.

Also anyone have a nice side by side comparison of Okawara's version vs Katoki's? The Epyon Custom is based of Okawara's version right?
>>
>>14501946
I never noticed the bubbling in Wing's arm before. Neat.
>>
>>14502383
Same way I just realized I never before noticed that black beam rifle ever being used by the Tallgeese.
>>
>>14502314
I remember reading somewhere that the v-fins are supposed to be part of some kind of radar system. Maybe moving it up and down is to help with reception? Then again it could not move and that slot is just to make the maintenance for that system easier to access.
>>
>>14502350

The Wing Gundams were originally envisaged as combining in to one larger Gundam that all 5 piloted to take on enemies. The movable V-fin is the last remnant of that, since no-one removed it when cleaning up the design.

I'm just making that up. I bet at least person thought it believable though.
>>
>>14502298
The G-Unit manga is non-canon trash though, with all its brand new never mentioned anywhere else gundams complete with Neolithic Trans-Am
>>
>>14502355
>Also to add, the head writer of Wing's TV series is the same guy who writes GoL and Frozen Teardrop
I hope that asshole steps on a lego and falls on a d4
>>
File: 1345492506578.png (481KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1345492506578.png
481KB, 528x528px
>>14489787
Article 1: A unit whose head section has been destroyed is disqualified.
>>
File: 26178514_p0.png (402KB, 512x384px)
26178514_p0.png
402KB, 512x384px
>>
>>14504225
What is this?
Why are they so kawaii?
>>
>>14504239
I have no idea. I merely search the internet high and low for Virgo pictures, never knowing what I may find.
>>
>>14475204
Would a WA-D or a WA-DOM lose to a virgo? Would a FLAT even? I have my doubts
>>
>>14489787
Best grunt transforming mobile suit IMO.
>>
File: virgos.jpg (94KB, 640x720px)
virgos.jpg
94KB, 640x720px
>>14506081
wads are tiny things armed with machine guns, only somewhat better than a junior MS. even kapools could toss them around, they are no match for virgos.

I get the feeling that wadoms could snipe virgos from a long distance, and their heavy beam cannons might have enough power to wear down the planet defensor fields. that said, loran showed that moderately powerful beam rifle shots could blow up a wadom's head, so the virgo shouldn't have any trouble taking down a wadom

virgo II is even more capable than the virgo I of course, the extra PDs make for a larger/stronger field and it has beam sabres for basic melee combat
>>
File: 2996175001_acdfac1a00_o.jpg (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2996175001_acdfac1a00_o.jpg
244KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 43882380_p0.jpg (311KB, 1253x1728px)
43882380_p0.jpg
311KB, 1253x1728px
>>
File: Treize2.jpg (79KB, 526x721px) Image search: [Google]
Treize2.jpg
79KB, 526x721px
>>14489787
I was never a fan of the conehead shit

here come dat messenger of peace!
o shit waddup
>>
>>14490171
gee, taurus
>>
>>14506108
>we will never get a Virgo plamo
FUCK YOU BANDAI
>>
>>14490358
>>14490332
>>14490313
The Serpent was tight, and for me it was cool because it retained a lot of what makes the Wing designs so delicious: that partial reliance on real-world design cues and modular mechanics in everything. I'm not describing it very well but it's basically that everything that should feel heavy looks heavy, and vis versa

I dunno, I just like the way Wing designs work I guess
>>
>>14501946
From what I've seen, it looks as if Gundanium is only ever really susceptible to dense, prolonged or sustained exposure to beam weaponry. Deathscythe from the Taurus beam cannon, Shenlong from Barge's main cannon, and Wing Gundam from Libra's main cannon. Vayeate and Mercurius were pretty much wrangled by Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifle, too. And in Endless Waltz, since the Serpents all carried beam cannons, the Gundams fell apart pretty quickly.
>>
File: zeon geno-LIE.jpg (257KB, 640x480px)
zeon geno-LIE.jpg
257KB, 640x480px
>>14490503
>zaku pilots aren't morons
but they're zeon, anon
>>
>>14512918
Its really more the show being inconsistent - heero with the Leo's machine gun kills Mobile dolls, but 3 Leos shooting at treize point blank barely ding him.

>>14512877
>tfw want to get into gunpla
>tfw all my favorite suits are from wing
>>
>>14479128
That is one of the things that prevents me from collecting Wing MSIA: the only grunt suit that was made was the Leo.

I would have bought just as many Virgos, Vayeates, Aries, Pisces, and Taurus as I have Zaku Is and IIs. Primarily out of nostalgia for the after school Toonami run of Wing.
>>
>>14513939
To be honest I probably would buy more of the Wing grunts than anything else in pretty much all Gundam.
>>
>>14513724
Heero wasn't able to take out any mobile dolls in the episode that he was fighting Romefeller troops with a Leo alongside the Treize faction. He does get plot armor where his Leo stands still and even falls to one knee without receiving any fatal hits from dozens of Virgos firing at him.

Bonus: it's the same episode where Quatre hijacks an Aries and saves Heero by punching a Virgo in the face, causing it to explode.

https://youtu.be/lUfs1IzkbTU?t=1014
>>
File: M6g5UnB.png (490KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
M6g5UnB.png
490KB, 720x540px
>>
>>14515492
I remember the poor Leo grunts had no choice but to kamikaze themselves against the virgos to do shit to them
>>
>>14515495
>>14515492
I don't understand why Trieze didn't have all his forces using at least Taruses which are a match for Virgo Is and IIs?
>>
>>14516192
because muh soul of a warrior
>>
>>14516427
But Taurus has a soul of warrior, you can melee people to death in them by jamming elbow punches into someone's suit.
>>
>>14516491
It also has beam sabers sometimes
>>
>>14501637
Not any time soon, I am afraid. Like I said, it's in storage and because of my move it will probably stay there for some time.

But I am happy to answer any questions.
>>
>>14516192
I had the same thoughts but I guess the explanation, if any, is that Tauruses where not around anymore for the Earth Sphere army. From what I recall, most of them were in space at Barge and Libra--and both depleted their Tauruses in fights.

It was only the Sanc Kingdom that still had a couple of tauruses, so it's quite possible that some were in the Earth Sphere's troops for the big battle--but probably an insignificant number and thus why we dont see them on-screen.
>>
>>14501768
>>14501797
>>14501825
>>14501875
>>14501901
>>14501907
>>14501946

The general rule for Wing mechanics and specs is that they are inconsistent by default.

In terms of the Tallgeese's beam saber it would appear that it's not strong enough to damage the gundams.

However, when Zechs fights Virgos in the Tallgeese we see him repeatedly slashing them away with his saber with no difficulty. Recall that the Virgos are made of gundanium--just like the gundams.

Admittedly, the virgos do fall to suicide leos and beam machine gun fire by heavyarms---both which probably would not destroy a gundam. But this could be explained that the gundanium used on the Virgos is not of the same grade as the one used in the gundams.

But based on what we see on the show we can only say for sure that Gundanium alloy is as strong as the story requires it to be.
>>
>>14517281
If the Virgos had Gundanium in their construction, its vastly reduced from what was used to build them compared to the Gundams. Just like how the Epyon and Wing Zero are somewhat more durable and stronger then Wing, Deathscythe, Altron/Nataku, Heavyarms, and Sandrock.
>>
>>14517341
Yes, this is why Zero's beam saber cuts Epyon's left arm but only knocks Mercurius' beam gun away.

Inconsistency is the default.
>>
>>14517391
I'm pretty sure Mercurius is a lot more durable then a Virgo.
>>
>>14517414
Yes, but this is yet another example of inconsistency in the show as pointed in >>14517281.

We can only ASSUME that there are different grades of gundanium armor/alloy because of what we see in the show: 2 MS with gundanium armor, one is a gundam the other is not, the latter get's wrecked but the former is intact. There's nothing in the show even suggesting different grades of gundanium, it's just something we have to assume for it to make some sort of sense outside the 'plot armor' device.
>>
>>14517177
How's the overall build quality?
>>
>>14517391
Wing Zero cuts Epyon at the joint. The arm isn't damaged.
>>
>>14517391
It only hit its arm at the joint. Same way Tallgeese I cuts off Wing's arm in the OP intro.
>>
>>14518185
gummy plastic but not bad. Think gashapon quality. The joints are fairly sturdy but if played with too much the arm with the beam cannon starts to sag.
>>
>>14518245
The saber doesn't strike at the joint but rather at the upper arm:
>>14501946
>>
>>14518265
So nothing terrible for what amounts to a roughly $3 toy?
>>
I wish wu fei and treize had a better ending ;_;
>>
File: 123.png (1MB, 1200x810px)
123.png
1MB, 1200x810px
>>
File: 49009161_p0.png (41KB, 516x750px) Image search: [Google]
49009161_p0.png
41KB, 516x750px
>>
>>14523169
Dom-senpai, why did you take off your rocket pants? Did the mean Feddies fatshame you?
>>
>>14523169
Pretty cool desu. What would be needed to kitbash this?
>>
File: 3658970970574.jpg (37KB, 550x400px)
3658970970574.jpg
37KB, 550x400px
>>14475204

i actually liked the Virgo. They were among my favorite mass-produced mobile weapons in all of Gundam. They were well armed and could easily outperform the average pilot.
>>
>>14523228
Tallegeese legs, a fair amount of custom plaplate work around the knees. Talgeese torso and arms, but the shoulder armor would need to be reworked into the defensor holders and new thrusters.
And one Dom head.
>>
>>14523169
now THAT is a mobile suit
>>
>>14523260
>>14523169
You probably could just stick the Virgo energy shield plates on the sides of the thrusters, they just need a space to hook in, although I do wish you kept the buster arm.
>>
File: 32246097_p0.jpg (223KB, 1414x1000px) Image search: [Google]
32246097_p0.jpg
223KB, 1414x1000px
>>
File: Vaganzilla.jpg (840KB, 1036x920px) Image search: [Google]
Vaganzilla.jpg
840KB, 1036x920px
>>14500512
I know people shit on AGE all the time, but they're the only ones that went with a full dragon motif!
>>
File: Gundam Aquarius.png (928KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Aquarius.png
928KB, 1200x810px
>>14502343
Did GoL really drop Aquarius? This was the last chance for Aquarius to become canon and they blew it.
>>
File: virgo_by_innovator123-d8xst7r.png (1MB, 1024x1355px) Image search: [Google]
virgo_by_innovator123-d8xst7r.png
1MB, 1024x1355px
>>
File: Xxxg-00w0l.jpg (197KB, 374x396px)
Xxxg-00w0l.jpg
197KB, 374x396px
>>14526633
Aquarius was only ever from that weird manga, it was never part of sumizawa's plans. at least that super shojo manga with all the romefeller-created mass production gundams isn't canon

they literally just made the villain of the story a green WZC called the lucifer gundam and it has a zero system 2.0

and the main character has a blue and white wing gundam seraphim and a zero system 2.5
>>
>>14529073
Sumizawa has some incredibly shitty plans too though
>>
>>14523169
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>14529073
IIRC the Aquarius is from an SD game not a manga.
>>
WORTH IT
>>
File: EyponandAquarius.jpg (119KB, 768x1023px)
EyponandAquarius.jpg
119KB, 768x1023px
>>14529073
>Aquarius
That's actually a good concept and plausible idea though.

With how much Treize hates mobile dolls it only makes sense that he would have a weapon specially made to deal with them.

Much better than any of the retarded ideas that are Frozen Teardrop
>>
>>14530485
>Much better than any of the retarded ideas that are Frozen Teardrop

doesn't FT also have mobile doll viruses?
>>
>>14526625
Age did one thing and thing only right: WROZZO.
>>
File: MSmusuB14.png (38KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
MSmusuB14.png
38KB, 400x350px
>>
File: 13146928.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
13146928.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 20100206222205392.png (162KB, 602x752px) Image search: [Google]
20100206222205392.png
162KB, 602x752px
>>
File: Wing_Gundam_vs_Leo.jpg (577KB, 1899x3181px) Image search: [Google]
Wing_Gundam_vs_Leo.jpg
577KB, 1899x3181px
>>14489917
Every named character piloted a Leo at one point or another if you don't count Support characters, Quatre or Wufei

But yes, each time they they piloted them. They tore shit up till the very end

Heero pilots a Leo more times then he did Wing Gundam

Also, Pre-Tallgeese Zechs basically dueled Heero to a draw in one
>>
>>14490217
>>14490235
>>14490241
>>14490247
Man these things are sexy!
Too bad a kit or an OVA will never be made to show em off
>>
>>14490313
>serpent
Mah nigga.
Best grunt suit all time. Basically the only grunt suit to beat the pilots minus Heero
>>
>>14492374
>all those bullets
Literally a wall of gunfire.
Based all on Trowa's fighting style

Get Rekt M8
>>
>>14495579
>be Leo pilot
>Defending base/Sanc Kingdom
>Look on monitor
>see this

What is your reaction /m/?
>>
>>14500774
Yeah. Treize had them built along with the 5 Gundams and Epyon

Treize is a true Hero
>>
File: Hydragundam.jpg (203KB, 407x627px)
Hydragundam.jpg
203KB, 407x627px
>you will never see Valer whoop ass
Why even live?
>>
>>14493154
>has thick as fuck beam resistant armor
>dies in a single direct hit anyways

cool story bro
>>
Those Based Side Story Suits tho
>>
File: 11j.jpg (56KB, 350x545px)
11j.jpg
56KB, 350x545px
>>
File: hotdamn.jpg (258KB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hotdamn.jpg
258KB, 1126x1600px
Boi!
>>
File: LeoSd.jpg (102KB, 311x400px)
LeoSd.jpg
102KB, 311x400px
Why didn't Treize get a badass Leo like this?
I mean look at this fucker.
>>
>>14540576
Is there more?
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 100

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.