[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished Gundam 0079 last night and it was pretty good. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I finished Gundam 0079 last night and it was pretty good.
Should I watch Ideon or Zeta Gundam next?
>>
Either sounds good to me

Also 0080: War in the Pocket at some point
>>
Depends, you watching Gundam or Tomino?

If you're watching Gundam, either do Zeta or continue with the concurrent OYW stories. At the very least, watch 0080. Then decide if you're going for production order or in-series timeline order. Personally, I prefer the latter, but common opinion around here is that the former is superior.
>>
>>14469488
I heard that both Ideon and Zeta were the darkest series created by Tomino. Since I plan to watch both soon, I'm not sure that if I watch Zeta first, Ideon will not have a big impact on me because it was released before Zeta.
>>
>>14469475
No
>>
Watch Zeta, but be sure to watch Ideon at some point.
>>
>>14469523
I don't think Zeta lives up to that, it gets dark at times but 0079 is darker than Zeta for most parts. Victory is probably the darkest Tomino Gundam anyways.
>>
How is Ideon anyway?
>>
>>14469649
Victory is actually more hopeful overall despite the shit that happens. It gets much darker at the dark parts but there's still comedy and love, unlike Zeta which is nearly nonstop tragedy throughout.
>>
>>14469667
Good, although I thiught it dragged at some parts. Worth it though, plus you get Be Invoked as a prize after the show.
>>
>>14469667
Terrible.

Everyone dies.
>>
Watch Zeta, it's fun
>>
>>14469667
It's good. But it's very very slow. To the point to plodding at points.
Do not try and do it all in one sitting. Spread it out, it makes it easier to watch.
>>
>>14469475
I would say Zeta because the difference from Amuro to a female protag is quite a twist
>>
>>14469475
Zeta

I had fun watching it, It has it's flaws and stuff but I didn't quit it out of anger at any point

that ending fight though is stupid though
>>
Zeta is the greatest Gundam series ever created so watch that first

God himself spoke to Tomino while he was creating it
>>
>>14469475
I recommend production order as I feel it definitely adds to watching the evolution of the series. War in the packet has a lot more power after watching 0070, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA.
>>
>>14469475
0083 is the bridge between 0079 and Zeta. The extra context is nice to have going into Zeta though.

Despite several shortcomings with the series, 0083 is still my favorite Gundam.
>>
>>14470666
I prefer it without. It's really nice as a buffer between Z and ZZ though since it's obviously about what just happened.
>>
>>14470677
0083 helps explain why the Titans are the way they are.

Also I should have said OVA instead of series on the previous post.
>>
>>14470682
It's pretty obvious since everything is discussed in Zeta. 0083 was an excuse to add more inside jobs but Zeta existed for years before 0083 and it made perfect sense. It doesn't even explain much, it just shows the bad guys being bad before they were officially bad.
>>
>>14469475
I, for a change, would say, watch Ideon first.
You might like Zeta anyways but it's a rather drastic tonal shift from MSG. Ideon might provide a more gradual transition.
On the other hand you might find Ideon kind of slow but it's worth it if you pay attention and you'll need to learn to pay attention if you want to watch Zeta.
In any case it's your choice. Both are a fine pick.
But if you watch Zeta first and like it (or even if you dislike it) make sure to watch Ideon too. especially if you want to watch CCA. Ideon uses a lot of similar themes, character archetypes and narrative devices as UC but at the same time it is presented in a much more straightforward manner.
>>
File: u wanna fukin go.png (84KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
u wanna fukin go.png
84KB, 204x204px
>>14470229
>>
>>14472552
What are you looking at little lady?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.