[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm guessing from the fact that they used Ghosts instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

So I'm guessing from the fact that they used Ghosts instead of fighters that "Galaxy" was really just a select few who fucked over their colony fleet in the Vajra attack and escaped in the Battle?
>>
>>14462552
They basically used the bodies of the Galaxy civilians to infect the Vajra with enough nanomachines that their mind-control song was able to take over them.
>>
>>14462552
Arguably, they launch a coup in the middle of a vajra attack.
>>
>>14462552

That's the worrying thing. We never get any confirmation as to what the hell happened to Galaxy City.

Either the rest of the Galaxy fleet is off chilling somewhere, or Grace's group lured the Galaxy fleet into a Vajra attack and then abandoned it by fleeing with Battle Galaxy, dooming all of the civilians to their deaths.

The latter would mean the wholesale slaughter of millions for a relatively minor step of their plan, but the former is concerning because it means that elements of the Galaxy plan could still be out there. Grace was defeated, but the group that supported her could easily still be operating in the shadows, looking to re-consolidate their power under a new name.

For example, in the Brisinger cluster in the form of aiding an upstart Windemere
>>
File: 1427771467110.jpg (87KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
1427771467110.jpg
87KB, 640x428px
>>14468067
Macross Galaxy was a mistake
Cyborgs were a bigger one.
Their VFs are the only good thing about them.
>>
>>14462552
I'd like to know if Macross Galaxy was manned or it was all automated. Either way, why didn't the pin point barrier try to tank the attack by the monster? You'd think the bridge would be better protected.
>>
File: MacrossFrontier-06-Large13.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossFrontier-06-Large13.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
>>14462552
In the TV series this is fake.
>>
File: macross-galaxy-in-hiding.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
macross-galaxy-in-hiding.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
>>14470815
Macross Galaxy is still out there by TV continuity.

Movie continuity seems to be going for it to be destroyed as the Macross Galaxy Executive board aimed to take over Battle Frontier in their plot.
>>
>>14468659
The PPB tanked the blast.

Its just that the attack by the Monster bought enough time for the Quarter and Battle Frontier to get their shit together after losing their main cannons.
>>
>>14468390
>let's give our new VF ominous horns and name it Lucifer
>heck, let's give our fucking Battle-class horns as well
>man, we're so good at this bad guy stuff
>>
>>14471110

Except Brera wasn't a bad guy. He was an anti hero and antagonist, but he was definitely not a bad guy. He even helped the heroes occasionally and certainly helped Ranka. He was supposed to give off a bad guy aura though I assume, hence why everything about him suggested bad guy.
>>
>>14471110
>>let's give our new VF ominous horns and name it Lucifer

You'd think it'll be a dead giveaway considering that there's never been a nation, dictatorship or no, that's deliberately chosen an antagonistic name as representation.

It's usually an innocuous name, as it was with names like Scud or even the Taepodong, or else something righteous/fitting-and-positive-for-morale, like the USA's Tri-Service designation of fighters. Naming the YF-27 the Lucifer is like changing the F-22A Raptor to the F-22A Ultimatum. Public relation agencies would have had a fit.

They could have named the VF-27 the Centurion (maybe save Legionary for the new Galaxy Ghost fighters too), it'll still fit Galaxy's massed cyborg military-ism well and serve as a less-obvious jab against the VF-25 Messiah's name (not to mention that Brera's last-minute turn fits the original tale to a T). As well, Messiah is merely a descriptor term, while its supposed foil, Lucifer, is a name referring to a specific entity. Not exactly a matching pair.
>>
>>14462552
There are a few unmanned VF-27 that Alto flies past after he gets Michel's gun and goes on the final run. You can see them hovering around Grace as she descends into the thing she uses to control the Vajra Queen.
>>
>>14468390
>implants were a mistake
>>
>tfw we never get to see a Battle-class punchout aside from OP scene
>>
>>14462552

Do subbers still do that karaoke bullshit? Fucking hell.
>>
>>14471391

Scud is a NATO code name
Taepodong is a code name used by other nations in referring to a specific class of N Korean missile

Maybe use other examples?

As a aside official fighter aircraft names have included Venom, Vampire, Seafang, Attacker, Spiteful, Scorpion, Black Widow, Fury, Banshee, Demon, Goblin, Buzzard, Havoc, Flea, Peashooter, Aircobra and Spider.

Lucifer is almost mundane.
Expect aggressive names in fighter aircraft.
>>
>>14481646
I'll expect Lucifer when fighters start being named after specific entities/instances, like the Taiwanese fighters.

We'll see if the USA gets a F-39 Trump or not somewhere down the pipeline.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.