/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm behind the times, and I know you guys all hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 31

I know I'm behind the times, and I know you guys all hate it, but I started Aldnoah.Zero and so far it doesn't seem THAT bad, despite some problems. But then I finished episode 12, and I have a sinking feeling about where this is going.

Everyone is still alive, aren't they? I mean, they've fake-killed the princess twice already, and after demonstrating such a profound lack of balls until now I can't imagine that they actually killed her this time and the main character to boot. They're still alive and the reason is stupid, isn't it?

Am I about to hit the truly terrible part of the show?
>>
File: 1460902621357.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1460902621357.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>
Yes.
>>
File: increasing nervousness.png (161KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
increasing nervousness.png
161KB, 299x299px
>>14459368
>>
>>14459337
>Am I about to hit the truly terrible part of the show?
Pretty much, yeah. Like Cross Ange, it's probably not as enjoyable without the shitposting opportunities though. Prepare for PUNISHED EGG A FALLEN HERO
>>
If you could tolerate Aldnoah.Zero/10 up to that point, you'll be fine with the rest.

It's going to be exactly as stupid as you think it's going to be.
>>
>>14459337
You are 100% correct.
>>
>>14459337
Yes.

Also, flawless MC becoming more annoying than even Kira Yamato, partially due to the even more incompetent Martians.

Has pretty good music though.
>>
>>14459809
>Has pretty good music though.
I do like the music, but some of the songs are very, very similar to the ones from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I guess they were actually produced in the opposite order, but I played Xenoblade Chronicles first so this is the one that feels samey.

You guys have got to give me something, here. At least tell me that Slaine dies, or that there will be something even more ridiculous than that gratuitous 10-minute gattai sequence. It doesn't have to be true, just say it anyway.
>>
>>14459830
It's because Sawano is the Hirai of anime music.
>>
>>14459837
But people like Sawano the first time around. I adored the Gundam Unicorn soundtrack. Do people love Hirai when they first discover him?
>>
>>14459337
Exactly, Aldnoah Zero isnt bad at all. Watch the first episode of season two and you will know what bad is.
"Fanservice: the second cour"
>>
>>14459841
Maybe a little
>>
>>14459830
Slaine gets a shit end.

MC doesn't a shit end.

Princess is a Lacus.

No one wins in love.
>>
>>14459841
Fine, maybe a YAS. But Yasface never gets old while Hirai and Sawano do.
>>
>>14459841
Yes. Granted, that's if you watched S-Cry-ed and Infinite Ryvius before SEED, among other series.
>>
>>14459841
I don't mind Hirai in most of his work. His designs aren't great, but they're certainly acceptable for the most part.

He just has several series that stand out as having unusually poor designs, and unfortunately one of those series ended up being the work with which he's most readily associated.
>>
https://youtu.be/SsyZtj7dzq0
>>
>>14459337
>so far it doesn't seem THAT bad

No, it's actually not bad. The problem is that it's mainstream panderbait and does nothing original. It's actually fairly decent if you pair it against other mecha shows of recent years.
>>
>>14459940
While I agree that the show is not that bad and so mainstream, I would say it's original compared to other mech shows we have today.

This is the first one I saw an MC applying and explaining different physics theories in an anime show.

The ending is half shit though.
>>
I just couldn't get over the setting, in less than two generations the Martians turned into an elite royal cartoonishly evil society.

The guy that discovered Aldnoah is STILL ALIVE, yet they act like they're a different fucking species.
>>
>>14459830
Slaine is imprisoned.
>>
File: Inaho_Expression_Chart.png (421KB, 998x988px) Image search: [Google]
Inaho_Expression_Chart.png
421KB, 998x988px
>>14459809
>flawless MC becoming more annoying than even Kira Yamato
Man, I hate Inaho. The fucker is so autistic that he have to become a cyborg to express human emotions.

Even then, every time he smiles is creepy.
>>
>>14459337
Until the last arc A/Z S1 is fine. It's a shitty shounen superpower battle anime but with robots up till then. But all of that is thrown out of the window in S2 for badly-written retarded drama.
>>
File: Aldnoah Zero.jpg (115KB, 1028x575px) Image search: [Google]
Aldnoah Zero.jpg
115KB, 1028x575px
I am the only one who thinks that A/Z and IBO are very similar? I mean:

- Autistic genius MC
- Spoiled blonde from Mars trying to make bonds with Earthlings
- Kids with no fight experience taking command of a ship and winning battle after battle
- Bunch of Mars aristocrats plotting and fighting each other for power

But I have to admit, even with a lot of flaws A/Z is more entertaining than IBO. At least there are mecha action in every episode, despite the shit design and awful CGI texture.
>>
File: 1467310556219.jpg (181KB, 475x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467310556219.jpg
181KB, 475x608px
>>14459940
>It's actually fairly decent if you pair it against other mecha shows of recent years.
>>14460019
>This is the first one I saw an MC applying and explaining different physics theories in an anime show.
>>
File: 1467694852729.jpg (44KB, 339x621px) Image search: [Google]
1467694852729.jpg
44KB, 339x621px
>>14459337
A/Z should be the the perfect marker to prove someone has bad taste.

>It wasn't that bad
Okay so from this we can see that you're okay with an incompetent armies (on both sides) being less smart than a high school student.

You're okay with every battle being a series of asspulls one after another where the only poiny of Victory is the enemy's overall stupidity

You're okay with a setting that makes no sense on paper and has numerous inconsistencies when you actually look into the lore of the show.

You're okay with the war essential being a play of "give it back" because as it turns out living in space ain't too hot.

You're okay with an MC with no emotive or drive to give a shit about him or what he does.

I'm not even touching the second season this is all in the first one.
>>
>>14459337
A/Z is fine.
>>
>>14459841
People got tired of Hirai, though that's mostly because SEED refused to let the characters be too expressive. He started to improve a little afterwards though.
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>14460989
>>
>>14460590
>Autistic genius MC
Mika is not a genius, hell he's illiterate and gets by due to his own animal instinct and the prowess of the MS not through asspulls.
>>14460590
>- Spoiled blonde from Mars trying to make bonds with Earthlings
Aina is fighting for Mars independence not to make peace with Earth, the negotiation preceeding are the final steps in the process but she never spesks highly of Earth to begin with.
>Kids with no fight experience taking command of a ship and winning battle after battle
The Tekkadan are child soldiers who have experienced combat not just training.

>Bunch of Mars aristocrats plotting and fighting each other for power
Gjallarhorn is from Earth not Mars only one really plotting is ChocoChar everyone else is really oblivious or don't care.

So you'd perfer boring poorly rendered CG battles over nothing happening.
>>
File: Sword, the ultimate superpower.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sword, the ultimate superpower.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>14460983
>incompetent armies

Literally all they had to do to beat this guy was shoot at him from two sides, and they couldn't pull it off.

Yeah, i'm still mad.
>>
>>14461006
>So you'd perfer boring poorly rendered CG battles over nothing happening.

Yes
>>
>>14461037
And then you find out during the timeskip that they fought the army to a standstill. This show was a fucking joke
>>
>>14461059
They even went out of their way in S1 to set up the stakes to be 'if we lose this russian base, there's a real chance nobody on Earth survives'. Then they barely squeak out the most pyrrhic of victories, and somehow this translates into everything being fine 2 years later.

Plus everyone shot in the head is totally ok now. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14461039
>It's better than nothing
>>
>>14460983
>Okay so from this we can see that you're okay with an incompetent armies (on both sides) being less smart than a high school student.

Can you name any work of fiction, much less an /m/ show, where the army is competent? Watching soldiers efficiently execute their duties would basically be a more violent version of Cops.

At the very least A/Z establishes that military training was mandatory for the kids while the orbital knights are arrogant as fuck despite having no actual experience, and they go into battle solo. Gundam MCs regularly go in with no training and wipe the floor with whole platoons of zeeks who should know better.
>>
>>14461520
>Can you name any work of fiction, much less an /m/ show, where the army is competent?
Dougram
>>
File: 1438876721677.gif (365KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1438876721677.gif
365KB, 320x240px
>>14461520
>Can you name any work of fiction, much less an /m/ show, where the army is competent?
Are we gonna go through this bullshit again? Why do you think people single out A/Z from the rest? I'm still surprise retards ate still willing to defend this shit show.
>>
File: 1467429893109.jpg (8KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467429893109.jpg
8KB, 230x300px
>>14461520
Majestic Prince.
>>14461520
>At the very least A/Z establishes that military training was mandatory for the kids
Which doesn't mean jackshit since none of them have been in a war other than the resident PTSD drunkard who is as worthless as everyone else in the cast.
>while the orbital knights are arrogant as fuck despite having no actual experience, and they go into battle solo
And were able to bring down most of the Earty forces in less than a month despite them claiming that they were preparing for their arrival for 15 years?
> Gundam MCs regularly go in with no training and wipe the floor with whole platoons of zeeks who should know better.
You've obviously never seen a single Gundam anime. Every Gundam MX usually has some hand in development of the Gundam or have had experience piloting before they step into an MS, the rest are trained soldiers. And the reason that enemies fall before them because in every Gundam anine the main unit is a prototype more powerful than the rest not a fucking training model, so it makes sense for them to stand bo chance because its the machine capabilities, 0079 made a point that by the end of the show Amuro was relying on his skill because the RX78-2 was already outdated whereas in A/Z there is no rhyme to reason why the Mars forces fail other than being stupid.
>>
>>14459337
No shit they are alive, of course a mecha anime like that wouldn't commit to killing off major characters mid season. And the 2nd season is a colossal waste of time anyway.
>>14460532
This. Show tried to go political soap opera in space and it was painful when the characters are all crap and the relationships are shallow.
>>
File: 1467218183517.jpg (116KB, 376x453px) Image search: [Google]
1467218183517.jpg
116KB, 376x453px
>>14460532
>Until the last arc A/Z S1 is fine.
It was shit from the get go
>>14459809
You can tell people have bad taste in music whenever they praise the OST for this.
>>
>>14461006
>genius requires literacy

You are an idiot.
>>
>>14461666
Yes you have to be able to fucking read to be labeled as a genius. Being good at ine thing does not make you a genius
>>
>>14461678
You have no idea what you are talking about, please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>14461682
>NO U

I'll take that as a concessions
>>
>>14461520
>At the very least A/Z establishes that military training was mandatory for the kids

That's not much of a point if the MC turns out to be a Mary Sue anyway.
>>
>>14461682
>I can make agood mac and cheese guess that makes me a genius
>>
>>14460962
You're just salty because you had no idea what Eggs was talking about.
>>
>>14461749
I don't think the staff knew either
>>
>>14461702
>>14461742
>I am an expert authority on things I'm ignorant of
>>
>>14460983
On the Earth side, keep in mind that the Vers jamming cut their command structure into itty bitty pieces. Analysts couldn't talking to field commanders, field commanders couldn't talk to General HQ, nobody could talk to Logistics, and every individual unit was effectively isolated.

On the Vers side, they basically had no military when Mars was first settled. No military tradition, no experienced personell, nothing. Their political structure is feudal which makes matters worse since it leads to neopotism and cronnyism. As a result, Vers military is entirely incompetent. They ride entirely on their Aldnoah drives and without it the Vers military machine is impotent.

Mind, the anime never tells you this because it's honestly not that important but heavily hits it if you know what to look for.
>>
>>14461761
Actually, most of what Eggs says makes sense. A plasma blade could deflect bullets with the leidenfrost effect. Some materials go superconductive when supercooled. You can't be shocked by something if you've got the same electric charge.

I mean, sure there's errors but it's nothing compared with the complete disregard I've seen in some sci-fi anime.
>>
>>14461797
>On the Vers side, they basically had no military when Mars was first settled.
They did. Did you forget that they invaded Earth 15 years prior to the beginning of the story? Nothing implies that they had no military strength since their primary resource Aldnoah was used for their "military strength" them ya know their actual problems.
>>
>>14461749
Uh...most of what he said can be found on Wikipedia. Its not that it was hard to get its that it was largely just bullshit.
>>
>>14461809
Wrong on all accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>14461797
Most of what you wrote was bullshit and controdicted by what the show says as this anon>>14461634 said the EF said they were waiting 15 years and had prepared countermeasures for such an occasion. And nothing literally nothing in show states that Vers had sn underdeveloped military when everything went into it instead of their fucking economy.
>>
>>14461841
>They did. Did you forget that they invaded Earth 15 years prior to the beginning of the story?

There was some time between the Vers being established and their declaration of war on Earth. Atleast a generation as all the orbital knights were born on Mars.
>>
>>14461881
>And nothing literally nothing in show states that Vers had sn underdeveloped military when everything went into it instead of their fucking economy

They're a feudal nation with no unified command structure. Their commanders tend to run into battle alone. Each mars Kat has one weapon system with no backup weapon. They're pilots dont wear space suits or seatbelts. Their sidearms are notably inferior and kill unreliably. THEY DRESS IN VICTORIAN FASHION IN BATTLE.

NONE of this says competence. It all screams of a complete lack of practicality.

>>14461865
Prove it.
>>
>>14461919
Pretty sure what they where has no ties to their government and even that's inconsistent because only the royal blood family wears that shit while commoners wear modern uniforms.
>>
>>14461919
>They're a feudal nation with no unified command structure
This is not shown or explained
>Their commanders tend to run into battle alone. Each mars Kat has one weapon system with no backup weapon. They're pilots dont wear space suits or seatbelts.
None of this is on the basis of fucking anything other than just for show.
>Their sidearms are notably inferior and kill unreliably.
This isn't true either since they had modern firearms at their disposal
>THEY DRESS IN VICTORIAN FASHION IN BATTLE.
So do the characters from Code Geass, 0079, Wing and damn near every mecha anime.
>>
>>14461919
Sure let me just get a plasma infused sword
>>
>>14461881

Martians took over a decade and a retarded teenager to tell them that MAYBE it would be a good idea to cooperate. In the 2nd season. We don't even know if they developed the mechs or just found them on the planet from whatever ancient civilization was there before.
>>
>>14461919
Much of Mars empire was just for show. AZ is an incredibly superficial product in its setting. Yet, although it is undeniable shit, a liked it bit before the season 2. There was some good premise like the alien origin of the Aldnoah, the heaven fall, the father of Slaine and his research, the princess that literally change her body with a strange molecular magic power (I even thought that they wanted to prepare a plot twist revealing that he was not human, to explain her immortality).

nope nope nope.
none of this is being addressed and there is not even a true ending. This redefines the concept of failure.
>>
>>14461992
>This is not shown or explained
It's actually mentioned that all the orbital knights are out for themselves, carving out their own fiefdoms.

>None of this is on the basis of fucking anything other than just for show.
Sending your commander into battle alone is just asking for a decap strike.

Having just one weapon system backfires when it's either negated or disabled.

Not having a spacesuit in space combat means if your cockpit is breached you die.

>This isn't true either since they had modern firearms at their disposal

Out of the three people Slaine shoots with his side arm, only one dies from the shot. It's possible that the bullets are of inferior design or quality,

>So do the characters from Code Geass, 0079, Wing and damn near every mecha anime.

Code Geas plays fast and loose with physics. Nothing they do should be justification for anything.

In 0079 they usually wear normal suits when fighting in space. Same for Wing. Same for most of gundam UC. Same for all of Macross.
>>
>>14462083
So...it didn't do what you wanted and is therefore bad?
>>
File: Full_Frontal_LOL.jpg (75KB, 1282x722px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Frontal_LOL.jpg
75KB, 1282x722px
>>14462156
>It's actually mentioned that all the orbital knights are out for themselves, carving out their own fiefdoms.
Wrong again or else they wouldn't bother with gathering them up and reconciling them up for briefing.
>Sending your commander into battle alone is just asking for a decap strike.
Technically their commander never fucking sortie since he was bed ridden you fucking idiot.

> Out of the three people Slaine shoots with his side arm, only one dies from the shot.
That has nothing to do with the fucking praticality of the weapon, that was for dramatic effect.

> Nothing they do should be justification for anything.
You're an idiot and you're also fucking reaching. Mecha villian wearing victorian era suits in battle was common place before A/Z and has little to do with nothing other than just for show.

> In 0079 they usually wear normal suits when fighting in space. Same for Wing. Same for most of gundam UC
Wrong wrong wrong wrong....
>>
>>14462164
It's bad for many other reasons. I tried only to explain that I had some hope.
>>
File: 4b24505a-s.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4b24505a-s.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>14462083
You're wrong!
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>14462156
YOU'RE WRONG!
>>
>>14462247
About what? (I like Trez, why do you use Trez ? )
>>
File: pilot suit.jpg (86KB, 1334x1173px) Image search: [Google]
pilot suit.jpg
86KB, 1334x1173px
>>14462227
>Wrong again or else they wouldn't bother with gathering them up and reconciling them up for briefing.

It actually takes considerable clout from Slaine to get the OK to work together

>Technically their commander never fucking sortie since he was bed ridden you fucking idiot.

The emperor also doesn't command so by definition he can't be commander of the Vers military force.

>That has nothing to do with the fucking praticality of the weapon, that was for dramatic effect.

By that virtue, complaining about the competency of either the Earth or Vers forces becomes pointless since it's all for dramatic effect.

>You're an idiot and you're also fucking reaching. Mecha villian wearing victorian era suits in battle was common place before A/Z and has little to do with nothing other than just for show.

True, but irrelevant. The earth forces wear flightsuits into battle. The Vers forces do not. In this, the characterization of each side is revealed.

>Wrong wrong wrong wrong....
pic related
>>
>>14462276
>pic related
What? He just proved your ass wrong that there were characters who wore Victorian outfits in space like nothing.
>>
>>14462245
Oh certainly. I wouldn't dare say A/Z is perfect. The secondary characters were underdeveloped, the color scheme was depressing, and there's a ton of plot threads that never got a second glance.

I just consider these flaws acceptable and enjoy A/Z for what it was.
>>
>>14462282
Except that means nothing. The entire point made>>14461919 is that Vers doesn't have a competent military and that the lack of pilot suits when fighting is a characteristic of that.

So unless you can say that wearing a victorian outfit while fighting makes more sense than wearing a space suit, QED, Vers doesn't have a competent military structure.
>>
>>14462276
>It actually takes considerable clout from Slaine to get the OK to work together
...he literally just asked them to help with an operation, the only "clout" was gaining their approval of him they actactually have no problems with working together.
>>14462276
>The emperor also doesn't command so by definition he can't be commander of the Vers military force.
That's irrelevant. He's the commander of the army which never changed because up until then everyone was still parading around the lie Saaz spread. So this point makes no sense.
> By that virtue, complaining about the competency of either the Earth or Vers forces becomes pointless since it's all for dramatic effect.
Not really, they're just written to be dumb by nature of the bad script. There's nothing in show that states Vers weaponry is of poor craft the gun just didn't kill anyone just from dramatic effect like all fiction.

> In this, the characterization of each side is revealed.
No its since that's a common mecha trope as old as Voltes V
>>
>>14462299
>Vers doesn't have a competent military and that the lack of pilot suits when fighting is a characteristic of that.
So according to this retard no mecha anime has a competent military based only on a uniform
>>
>>14459909
>No one wins in love.
You forgot the literally-who-count who come out of nowhere and NTR'd everyone by marrying the Asshime at the end.
The anime had asspulls everywhere, even in romance.
>>
>>14462299
>Except that means nothing.
Actually it means alot. It means that you're full of shit and haven't watched a lot of mecha anime since the enemy being dolled in victorian era suits is common place in a lot of shows, says nothing in regards to their military competence just tradition. You're just grasping for straws.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>Manages to conquer most of the free wotld
>No scratch that they're incompetent because they wear their Victorian suits in battle
>>
>>14462302
>...he literally just asked them to help with an operation, the only "clout" was gaining their approval of him they actactually have no problems with working together.

Mind you, the OK didn't work together before that. Before, the orbital knights were competing against each other, each Count and Countess seizing as much territory for themselves as they could. Working together means giving up some of the territory seized.

>That's irrelevant. He's the commander of the army which never changed because up until then everyone was still parading around the lie Saaz spread. So this point makes no sense.

The Emperor didn't give any orders so each OK did what they wanted. As such, the Vers forces didn't have a unified command structure.

>Not really, they're just written to be dumb by nature of the bad script. There's nothing in show that states Vers weaponry is of poor craft the gun just didn't kill anyone just from dramatic effect like all fiction.

That just begs the question, if the lack of lethality in the sidearms is for dramatic effect, why doesn't this apply to all incompetence on both sides?

>No its since that's a common mecha trope as old as Voltes V
And it was used to characterize people and sides in Voltes V, there's no argument here.
>>
>>14462311
More than anything else, Martians were incredibly confident. They believe themselves invincible and the absence of suits was a manifestation of this belief. An attitude undoubtedly reckless considering that a count is eliminated because he was not wearing a spacesuit.
>>
>>14462311
>So according to this retard no mecha anime has a competent military based only on a uniform
Depends on the context. Look at MSG.

Fedderation uniforms are typical, subdued, and without personalization. The federation is a practical, conventional force.

By contrast, the Zeon uniforms have all these dangly bits and capes. Still, they do have protective helmets and include muted greens and blacks. Zeon is a very unconventional force and aren't big on practicality.

But more importantly, what do they wear to combat? Both sides wear either Normal Suits or very light and practical outfits. Often helmets and gloves which both serve practical purposes.

Now, compare this with A/Z. EF pilots wear a very practical jumpsuit with inflatable helmets and radios attached. The Earth Forces are a practical, utilitarian force.

Vers wear a victorian jacket, sometimes double layered. They are a very showy, impractical force.
>>
>>14462315
The Vers outfit alone means nothing except when taken in the context of the EF outfits. The EF pilot suit is very practical what with the inflatable helmet and radio. The Vers outfit is showy but other than a signifier of rank it doesn't do anything. The EF outfit is simply superior. which implies that the Vers outfit is inferior. This can be considered a characteristic of both EF and Vers.
>>
>>14462328
There was a competition for some odd reason but fine. Point it they never had any qualms with working with one another for any reason that was stated in the show itself and Slaine didn't have to gauge an eye out to gain assistance from them either.

He did. The whole basis of the stupid war was the he had dementia snd didn't know what had transpired from thst day hos son died, the whole war ceased and continued based on his command not everyone else.

You're done. You're arguing something like dramatic effect as a plot point when there was nothing stated otherwise. The gun failed due to plot armor not the mechanisms of it.

Nope, Prince Z's characterization had nothing to do with ehat he wore. The Vers would have been stupid if they were in regular military uniforms
>>
>>14462385
>>
>>14459940
It was garbage next to any mecha show that was airing against it. It wasn't better than Argevollen alone, it was plain embarrassing to see it flop around next to Fafner and Cross Ange.
>>
>>14462443
>There was a competition for some odd reason but fine.

Sigh

>Slaine didn't have to gauge an eye out to gain assistance from them either.

He did have to kill Marylcian. Between that, taking out Trident Base singlehandedly, and the support of Lemrina Slaine was well positioned to become Emperor of Vers. As such, many Knights would curry favor for him either out of foresight or personal respect.

That's politics for you.
>
He did. The whole basis of the stupid war was the he had dementia snd didn't know what had transpired from thst day hos son died, the whole war ceased and continued based on his command not everyone else.

Mind you, the fact that he had dementia implies that Vers was being run by a crazy person.

>You're done. You're arguing something like dramatic effect as a plot point when there was nothing stated otherwise. The gun failed due to plot armor not the mechanisms of it.

So does A/Z run on drama or physics?

>Nope, Prince Z's characterization had nothing to do with ehat he wore. The Vers would have been stupid if they were in regular military uniforms

Was Prince Z ever shown to be a refined gentleman?
>>
>>14462449
My ass is smarter than you.
>>
>>14462501
Yes it is a shame that you're defending shit writing.

All that just gave him more opposition between fractions, believe it or not all he had to do when confronted was act nice and they cooperated before tgey scoffed at the very notion of following his plan.

>the fact that he had dementia implies that Vers was being run by a crazy person.

Well the show itself did say that nobody had seen the Emperor in years hence why Saaz was even able to carry out his plan and spread misinformation. Its best to assume that Vers was run by the factions while the Emperor was a powerful figurehead hence why Asshime had to marry into one of the fractions to cease the thrown.

By seeing whatever sticks to a wall hence why the setting kept chaning and contradicting itself the more they kept talking which is why we never got to see Vers itself beyond what the characters had to say about it.

He was shown to be a conflicted noble who fought with honor despite his father's command. The complete opposite of the Orbital Knights who were just stupid dicks.
>>
>>14462293
All the characters were underdeveloped.
>>
>>14462302
>they actactually have no problems with working together.
So why haven't they don't it before if they have "no problem" with it?
>>
>>14462322
I'm pretty sure if they fought in outer space they would wear space suits.
>>
File: Ned_Flanders's_smile.jpg (346KB, 1700x956px) Image search: [Google]
Ned_Flanders's_smile.jpg
346KB, 1700x956px
>>14462623
They were never asked
>>
>>14462585
>All that just gave him more opposition between fractions, believe it or not all he had to do when confronted was act nice and they cooperated before tgey scoffed at the very notion of following his plan.

You keep saying this but there's nothing to back it up.

>Its best to assume that Vers was run by the factions while the Emperor was a powerful figurehead
>The complete opposite of the Orbital Knights who were just stupid dicks.

Thats...actually what I was trying to prove. Because they were both fractitious and collectively a bag of dicks, Vers actually had an inferior command structure. This is in contrast to the Unified Forces of Earth which has a very clean chain of command

I'm a regular armchair general so this kind of military theory is like porn to me.
>>
>>14462658
>You keep saying this but there's nothing to back it up
What? Watch the fucking show? Better yet don't watch it.

> Because they were both fractitious and collectively a bag of dicks, Vers actually had an inferior command structure
We don't know shit about about the EF to say if they had superior anything consider how easy they were overwhelmed in the first season to "finding on equal ends" in the second its best to assume that they were whatever the writers could think up at the moment. Also Vers does have a clear rank structure.
>>
>>14462658
The EF got so little development that there's nothing you can take from them other than just being there much like most of the Earth cast.
>>
Cut the guys in the KG-7s some slack, physics is wizard bullshit to laypeople.

Even in real life, it's wizard bullshit.
>>
>>14462655
What a competent military force.
>>
I still find it hilarious that Slaine got blamed for literally everything
>>
>>14462686
>What? Watch the fucking show? Better yet don't watch it.

It seems we watch two very different shows, then

>We don't know shit about about the EF to say if they had superior anything consider how easy they were overwhelmed in the first season to "finding on equal ends"

They seem to function the same as modern militaries. Generals on top, Junior officers given a lot of leeway, NCOs looking out for the troops. We've never seen the senior officers but there's no reason to believe they'd be much different from modern senior officers.

>Also Vers does have a clear rank structure.
They've got clear rank structureS. Each count is running is own private fiefdom that functions wholy independent from the others. The Emperor is the theoretical head but he's effectively useless for anything more than declaring war. Rather than one powerful foe, the UFE is facing a number of weaker foes. As such, when Inaho had the upper hand on an orbital knight, that knight typically had no backup. Divide and Conquer at it's easiest.
>>
>>14462719
I'll give the KG-6 and -7 credit for one thing, they did wing in ground effect way better than Muv-Luv

>>14462909
That's politics for you. When in doubt, find a scapegoat.
>>
>>14462994
Muv Luv doesn't utilize WIG as far as I recall, you might be confusing it with NOE which is a flight tactic as opposed to a lift phenomenon.
>>
>>14462974
I watched the right show, you watched something else entirely.

>stuff
This shit doesn't have anything to do with anything nor does it display competence.

>Rather than one powerful foe, the UFE is facing a number of weaker foes.
Which is why the EF got decimated easily with smaller numbers.

>that knight typically had no backup
This is also wrong since Slaine was back up for the first Knight and Saaz and Cornello had bases with grunt forces at their dismay. The only Knights that went solo were ones in charge of one post or were told to decimate a city hence when they went down it didn't stop their overall plan or apparently pushed them back until the timeskip for some reason.
>>
File: 1467680373809.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467680373809.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>14462894
I never said they were competent.
>>
>>14463033

Not in the way like the UEF did, you would think the Count's first orders is to take over the military bases to secure a supply of aerions to act as fodder for the Knight's glorious charge.
>>
>>14459337

Honestly this show was poor but it gets know where near the drama if it's staff is less of the popular type and it's producers didn't boost about it become the new Gundam. Why? Because substantially less people watch it in the first place. Its really not worth the time and effort people spent dwelling on it and expecting greatness
>>
>>14459837

Except for some reason incredibly popular and praised
>>
>>14460525

He somehow makes Kira Yamato circa Destiny look like Mr Personality. God does Aniplex come out with the shittest characters for originals lately
>>
>>14460983

Show also has more abandoned plot threads than an Okouchi script
>>
>>14462909

They really ended up using his charafter in the stupidest way they possibly could. Obviously some producer insisted he had to be the final boss and a lot of nonsensical things had to happen to get him from where he started to where he ended up
>>
>>14463033
>This shit doesn't have anything to do with anything nor does it display competence.

Sure, it's not solid proof but without evidence to counter it the point stands.

>Which is why the EF got decimated easily with smaller numbers.

Vers won solely because of it's Aldnoah drive. This has already been established. As soon as Inaho figures out how to counter it, though, the OKs crumble one by one.

>This is also wrong since Slaine was back up for the first Knight and Saaz and Cornello had bases with grunt forces at their dismay. The only Knights that went solo were ones in charge of one post or were told to decimate a city hence when they went down it didn't stop their overall plan or apparently pushed them back until the timeskip for some reason.

Slaine was a glorified taxi driver. The sky carrier makes a poor air support unit with only two cannons.

That being said, Vlad, Selkinas, Mazuurek, Femieanne, and Yacoym all deployed without any support whatsoever and were destroyed.
>>
File: yeah, right.jpg (330KB, 1114x877px) Image search: [Google]
yeah, right.jpg
330KB, 1114x877px
>>
>>14465193
Define surpass gundam
>>
Almost every mecha show is as bad the other.

If you're looking for genuine artistic merit in a show that revolves around the use of giant robots, you're gravely and terribly mistaken and you should pursue other endeavors.
>>
>>14462322

Britannia was horribly incompetent too most of the time, so yeah.
>>
>>14471502
How many evil empires are competent?
>>
>>14471536
Try the one led by the Golden Lion.
>>
>>14471536
The British Empire. Usually. The entire Zulu war was something of a debacle and the handling of India was iffy.

Then again, nobody had ever held an empire of that size before.
>>
>>14471502
>Britannia was horribly incompetent too most of the time
Wrong again retard. It says a lot when the only thing that stood in their way was the roal prince with magic powers that he got by accident.
>>
>>14471502
How so? They went largely unopposed and continued conquering nations like nothing. The BK was never really a threat to them probably because Charles had other plans than worrying about Lelouch.
>>
>>14465129
So you're just talking out your ass and what you said isn't backed by anything.

>Vers won solely because of it's Aldnoah drive. This has already been established
Wrong on both accounts.

>As soon as Inaho figures out how to counter it, though, the OKs crumble one by one.
The mech itself has nothing to do with Aldnoah just the stupidity of the pilot and he only really found a counter for one.

>Slaine was a glorified taxi driver. The sky carrier makes a poor air support unit with only two cannons.
Wrong again

Honestly the fact that you've systematically remembered the names of those characters just makes you look pathetic.
>>
>>14471557
Was going for fictional empires.

>>14471565
Average 11 performed better than the average Britanian despite one being trained and having more experience.
>>
>>14471570

Oh yes, they conquered such stern opposition as a bunch of doddering Europeans and an unseen Bernard Montgomery knock-off mentioned in supplementary material who was such a formidable adversary that he was dealt with off-screen, and Chinese who hadn't advanced past the tactics of human waves and Arabs with cumbersome tanks. For all their elite status gave them the Rounds were almost useless, and most of the time it seemed as though only Suzaku could pilot worth a shit, especially from the second season on.

Britannia was utter dogshit when it encountered something that could actually fight back against it, and parts of R1 and most of and especially the tail end of R2 hammer that in endlessly.
>>
>>14471565

And a bunch of Indian scientists that give a terrorist cell advanced radiation tech and a bunch of Japs with plot armor thicker than tar pitch and Brits consistently setting themselves up to have entire armies swept away.
>>
>>14471596
>Average 11 performed better than the average Britanian
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>14471609
Somebody didn't watch the show.
>>
>>14471596
Most of the 11 pilots were shit as the finale demonstrated quite clearly.

>>14471597
>Oh yes, they conquered such stern opposition as a bunch of doddering Europeans and an unseen Bernard Montgomery knock-off mentioned in supplementary material who was such a formidable adversary that he was dealt with off-screen, and Chinese who hadn't advanced past the tactics of human waves and Arabs with cumbersome tanks.
You're trying to prove a point but failing spectacularly at it, point is they went unopposed in their own universe just because the writers failed to properly develop the setting doesn't change anything.
>For all their elite status gave them the Rounds were almost useless,
Also doesn't help your case that they ones who lost were up against the best pilot in the show and the best machine respectly.

>Britannia was utter dogshit when it encountered something that could actually fight back against it
So......nothing?
>>
>>14471605
Both of which winded up being absolutely worthless in the end.
>>
>>14471597
>Britannia was utter dogshit when it encountered something that could actually fight back against it
>Lelouch is about to gain the upper hand
>Oh look there's Suzaku in the Lancelot to foil his plan
Season 2
>Both side pretty much do nothing but fight a bunch of stalemates until Lelouch decides to stop fucking around and just geass everyone in Britannia.
>>
>>14471614
None of the BK are as strong as the KoR
>>
>>14471634
Not sure what your point was, that the Lancelot alone was better than the rest of their military?
>>
>>14471619

>Also doesn't help your case that they ones who lost were up against the best pilot in the show and the best machine respectly.

They're still shit, dude.

The Rounds are responsible for a grand total of one noteworthy character death in their own show, they performed almost no outstanding feats outside of maybe Gino, Anya and Suzaku's team debut, and as I said and as the series demonstrated, the instant they run into anything that can actually put up a fight they get their shit wrecked. Against Suzaku, Kallen and Jeremiah they got torn apart in seconds.

>You're trying to prove a point but failing spectacularly at it

>just because the writers failed to properly develop the setting doesn't change anything.

Yeah, buddy, the people they faced and defeated were garbage. That's my point. Britannia rules the roost only because the show kowtows to deep-seated and blatant Japanese nationalism and wants to portray the Japs as the righteous underdogs.
>>
>>14471645
The point was that you're full of shit.
>>
>>14471634

Okay, so I guess you're saying that the only reason Britannia was able to accomplish anything at all was because of Suzaku.

You'd be right there, really.

>>14471623

Tell that to the Brits who died by the score.
>>
>>14471652
Not the same person anon.
>>
>>14471651
They're shit because they lost against characters with plot armor?
> because the show kowtows to deep-seated and blatant Japanese nationalism and wants to portray the Japs as the righteous underdogs.
>Code Geass
>Japanese nationalism

The show where the Japanese only win fights cause an American (technically - Britannia is actually situated in NA) schoolboy rallies their forces and makes them his army to carry out his own personal, and fairly apolitical, revenge on his family.
An army that completely falls apart when he's not there to lead them.
An army whose biggest opponent is a Japanese boy WORKING for the semi-Americans.
A show that ends with Japan being made to play ball with everyone else in a UN scenario rather than completely dominating the field.
In fact, it even ends with said American schoolboy completely destroying the one resource that made them desirable as a nation to the rest of the world.

Yeah, that show's just bleeding NIPPON TAMASHII out of every orifice right there.
>>
>>14471660
>Okay, so I guess you're saying that the only reason Britannia was able to accomplish anything at all was because of Suzaku.
Well know because you saw the other knights making progress in other nations. The shit in Area 11 was small scale.

>Tell that to the Brits who died by the score.
Not much apparently and they sure were useful in the final battles of BOTH seasons weren't they
>>
>>14471672

Those points are points I will concede, but at least I feel there is undeniably a nationalist foundation for the show, not necessarily conclusion.

>Leaving aside backstory, imperialist region originates from the continental United States
>Japan, whose previous history with the USA doesn't really require explaining, is next in line in a catalogue of conquered countries as Britannia exercises rampant imperialism
>Show depicts, albeit not too occasionally, ideals espoused by the IJA and other organisations as being noble
>The Japanese as a whole are continually portrayed as hapless and downtrodden, with Britannia being as assholeish as possible beyond the bounds of reason because underdogs
>Fuck the Chinese

Maybe it's a matter of personal perspective, but I reckon as far as a foundation goes Britannia is a potentially rather spiteful jab at the States and American imperialism in its own way.
>>
>>14471680

>you saw

Did we?

We heard about things from other fronts, certainly. We heard that Luciano did things in Belarus that we never saw, and...that's it. Nonette vanished from the show after she was seen, Dorothea didn't even exist up until the episode she died in, Monica did nothing and Bismarck was crap.
>>
>>14461520
>At the very least A/Z establishes that military training was mandatory for the kids while the orbital knights are arrogant as fuck despite having no actual experience.
They had what they thought was invincible mechs that were useless without them.

>>14461576
You're not proving anything with that picture.

>>14461547
>Dougram
Dougram is a gem.

>Majestic Prince.
Army achieves nothing without the special snowflakes.

>>14461576
Grunts managed to kill each other in A.Z in S2 you're not saying anything.

Its not really defending A.Z its more assaulting mecha shows in general.
>>
>>14471597
Lelouch was literally using Britannia's resources and technology during the end of R2, so it's the other way around.
>>
>>14471705
The Chinese at least had Xingke, who was a pretty traditional heroic portrayal. He's even the one who directly gets to kill all of the eunuchs, not Zero or any of the Japanese. The guy fades into the background after his arc, mostly, but isn't demonized.
>>
>>14471705
>>Show depicts, albeit not too occasionally, ideals espoused by the IJA and other organisations as being noble

Except they had the JLF as the "actually, the IJA kind of sucked" strawman and Zero's ideology was relatively left-wing about racial equality, looking to the future and not the past, etc. and such when he's not causing chaos. Not really compatible with the Japanese superiority propaganda of WWII or the sacred nature of the Emperor. Either way, Britannia's roughly about as evil as Zeon in its most fascist-like depictions.
>>
>>14471716
Luciano was fighting pretty well and almost got Lelouch killed before the SEITEN came out. Bismark had a couple of decent moments and lasted the longest vs. Suzaku. Nonette wasn't anybody in the show, but got to do stuff in her original game and plays more of a role in the last volume or two of the Oz manga. Even Monica got a small expansion by giving her a custom mecha and one or two chapters in the photo novel version.
>>
>>14462314
That bothered me more than everything else. I was going to say the ending is worse but that was part of the ending. One part of the shit sandwich the writers delivered.
>>
>>14463187
Not really, all the statements they have is that they wanted Slaine to be a tragic character and the audience to feel rage about that kind of twist of fate. Because even by taking some wrong choices, "the core of his character is pure and selfless" but he was "born with a bad star of fate".

The point of the ending wasn't to punish him, he's "become Zero." He's in rehabilitation because he's suicidal but after that, he'll start his new life (it's clearer in the message of 24.5). New identity and all.

The whole point of the show wasn't in the end to stop the war but to "save Slaine." Of course, Inaho is obnoxiously perfect and will accomplish it. Director ships them together, so he got the rid of the princess. In AUs, Inaho meets Slaine without the princess proxy and he's obsessed with him, in others they are living together. He just needed to break Slaine to force him give Inaho a chance (also clearer in 24.5).
>>
>>14471974
That sounds fine, but what is he going to do when he gets out and hears how everything was blamed on him. Ass lumped her grandfatherss and Saazbaums's crimes on Slaine.

He also appeared on broadcasts.

He couldn't live anything close to a normal life.
>>
File: 1467025827092.jpg (172KB, 1276x762px) Image search: [Google]
1467025827092.jpg
172KB, 1276x762px
>>14471974
>Not really, all the statements they have is that they wanted Slaine to be a tragic character and the audience to feel rage about that kind of twist of fate. Because even by taking some wrong choices, "the core of his character is pure and selfless" but he was "born with a bad star of fate".
And they did all this at the expense of contradicting their own tagline.
>>
>>14471974
The major problem with A/Z is the lack of balls. They should have killed Asseylum, for example.

If Slaine had killed her after she recover her memory and decided to stay with de decoy princess, then she died and he lost everything, know that's a powerful and tragic end for Slaine.
>>
File: 228657.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
228657.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>14472913
>If Slaine had killed her after she recover her memory
>Slane

Anon, to do such a thing, Slaine had to be a different character .
>>
>>14472998
Who wouldn't want to kill her after that ending.
>>
>>14473206
I thought cyborg Inaho would kill Asseylum when Skynet took control of his body

Seriously, wtf was that scene

>>14472998
Did you watched the new Berserk? Why live or care after that?
>>
>>14472130
Slaine knows that. He ceased to be Slaine, and really he doesn't care about that. The point is that he IS really that selfless.

He was the one who put in Asseylum's head that everyone could live together. He was the one who wanted that the most (there are scripts in episode 1 that what he lamented the most was the war, not the princess' death). He lost his faith because he didn't think he could bring peace, so he wanted to end the war to guarantee it. As soon as he realized Asseylum could do it, he stepped out the way.

Otherwise, without this, she wouldn't have pulled that off. Asseylum assured Inaho would protect him.

It's not like he'll be recognized with a pair of shades or some hair dye. Everyone knows Slaine Troyard is dead, that's what died, his past. Now he 'starts from zero' and can be his own man, free of the shackles of fate. It was awfully executed, but I understand what they were trying to pull off.

Inaho realizes immediately Slaine's true self is of a compassionate and kind person and wants to 'awake' his heart again in episode 24.5. The reason why he liked Asseylum so much was because of the ideas Slaine put her in. She was a proxy for him to get to know Slaine.
>>
>>14472130
>He also appeared on broadcasts.

They were only military ones (civil population never met him) and he's officially dead. It's like if you meet a famous star on supermarket in jeans and t-shirt, you wouldn't recognize him.

He was also a kid, his appearance changes slightly in his 20s Shimura design. Doubt anyone would recognize him.
>>
>>14471974
>rehabilitation
A secret military prison is not 'rehabilitation'
>>
>>14459809
Any credibility the music has is contradicted by the decisions the sound director made and the variations of a certain track that continue to be played at the most obnoxious moments possible.

By the time i got done with a/z i wanted to throw a kitten in a blender, punch a baby to a bloody pulp than proceed to go ham on the album and the dvds office space style.
>>
>>14459337
If you weren't finding it terrible by the end of the first couple of episodes, your taste is irredeemably bad.
>>
>>14474432
First episode was damned good, especially when the soundtrack kicked in as the martians started nuking cities.
>>
>>14474448
>First episode was damned good,
Hell no.
> especially when the soundtrack kicked in as the martians started nuking cities.
This show is a legit shit taste detector
>>
>>14474973
>Hell no

Well, I do not agree sir, the first three episodes, especially the third, are pretty good.
The first was actually the weakest of the trio, but aesthetically I found it very nice at the time.

The third was the episode that convinced me to watch it. Guerrilla tactics with a sense, Rocket launcher Hime, Slaine that seems to have the part of an internal ally. Aldnoah myster.

there were good there were good conditions, disregarded, unfortunately., disregarded, unfortunately.
>>
>>14459337
They wanted to make something worse than Wing, and they succeeded.
>>
File: asshime.jpg (96KB, 950x1008px) Image search: [Google]
asshime.jpg
96KB, 950x1008px
Asshime's slut robe was sexy as hell.

Fuck the rest of this show.
>>
>>14465193
>Hiroyuki Sawano will add an air of profundity
>Sawano
>profound
HOW CAN WE STOOOOOOOP THE WAR

So profound.
>>
>>14474360
It's not a prison, it's a mansion to keep him hidden. He was still causing issues with his diet and eating regimen for months because of his suicidal tendencies.

Asseylum wants him to be able to "fly" again, but for that Inaho needed to reach out for him which took almost a year to make him befriend him. He was left in a bad shape after the crash on Earth for months (he was on a wheelchair for months, it was on a missing scene on the scripts), but he got better. His emotional state was a mess and Inaho had to keep pestering until he reacted positively.

Aoki already stated he was going to be released shortly.
>>
>>14475007
>Well, I do not agree sir, the first three episodes, especially the third, are pretty good.
And I'll say your taste is pretty shit.
>The first was actually the weakest of the trio, but aesthetically I found it very nice at the time.
It's intro was the same as every mecha anime only with no mecha action.
>The third was the episode that convinced me to watch it. Guerrilla tactics with a sense, Rocket launcher Hime, Slaine that seems to have the part of an internal ally. Aldnoah myster.
So you like so many dumbasses was tricked by incredibly cheap theatrics,any though the signs of the show being incredibly shit was apparent from that episode as well, because you've become so disillusioned by this genre? Or this was your first mecha anime.
>>
File: AZ world map.png (202KB, 1022x572px) Image search: [Google]
AZ world map.png
202KB, 1022x572px
>>14465193
>world-building where no detail has been overlooked
>>
File: 1467035091305.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467035091305.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
>>14465193
>>
>>14475016
>Wing
Heeeeero come an kiiiiilll mere.
At least wing had some good designs.
>>
>>14475099

A/Z is more noteworthy than a lot of recent mecha shows made in this generation by process of elimination and you know it.
>>
>>14475696
Noteworthy for promising bigger things than the actual sum of it's parts and being fucking horrible, sure.

You're the kind of person who probably would think Kabaneri was "noteworthy" I bet
>>
>>14475743

Well, most shows are horrible, really.

A/Z's a damn sight better than Gundam has been in the last five years, in any case, if not before then excluding 00 and maybe BF so I guess it did surpass it.

Never seen and don't care for Kabaneri either, so whatever.
>>
>>14475799
>A/Z's a damn sight better than Gundam has been in the last five years
I love this meme
>>
>>14475856

Except AGE, IBO, Try and Unicorn have been passable at best and crap at worst. That's without going into SEED, Destiny or 00 S2, either.
>>
>>14475799
>A/Z's a damn sight better than Gundam has been in last five years

By which you mean it spawned a parody in IBO and outdoing SEED and Destiny's shittyness in mere 12 episodes with making dead character coming back to life in blatantly shameless way, then yes.
>>
>>14475871

>IBO

>a parody of a show that is nothing like it except it features Mars for a sixth of its running time

I'd suggest you think before you say things, but that might be too tall an order.
>>
>>14475867
>>14475799
You know just because Gundam hasn't been having good entries doesn't somehow make A/Z better by comparison when it made probably even more retarded mistakes than those. I can't even believe you'd try to compare it to Unicorn. I don't even like Unicorn that much but just from reception alone, it was far abve A/Z
>>
File: 1462605372498.jpg (180KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462605372498.jpg
180KB, 728x696px
>>14475696
>A/Z is more noteworthy than a lot of recent mecha shows made in this generation by process of elimination and you know it.
Let's draw a comparison to all the shows that aired alongside it shall we?

Argevollen - An actual military anime with very good attention to detail, a grounded plot and characters and one of the first mecha anime in a while that actually tries to incorporated reality into an otherworldly setting.

G-Reco - Was better animated, felt like I was watching a show that came directly from the vision of the director and not mandated by a committee, more interesting setting and characters that wasn't pluck from the every mecha anime ever.

TRY - Lovely designs, likable characters and development. Well choreographed action scenes.

Cross Ange - Outlandish premise that didn't deliver. Out there in your face personality even if it lacking in everything else.

Fafner Exodus - Despite also using 3DCG it was much better implemented. Story and characters were appealing and made actual sense. Without a doubt the most consistent and well crafted mecha anime we've gotten this past decade.

Now what exactly made A/Z noteworthy? It had worse 3DCG than any show listed, its battles and designs were boring as shit, the cast was largely terrible with the exception of two characters one of which is the villain, had among the most poorly developed world building and settings we've gotten in an anime for a good while. And a unanimously unsatisfying ending. If this show didn't have Butcher's name on it it would have been more ignored than Argevollen.
>>
>>14475890

>I can't even believe you'd try to compare it to Unicorn

You speak as though Unicorn is some flawless work of art, and just a cursory look at it would convince you otherwise, really, especially since all anyone ever seems to remember of it now aside from arguments about Zeon is the Stark Jegan, most of episode 4 because it was rife with controversy, and Marida dying.

And since reception was mentioned, do you mean reception here, on a site that gradually grew to loathe Unicorn almost utterly from that episode onwards?
>>
>>14475903

Well, gee howdy, that's good opinions. I could just as easily say G-Reco was the hamfisted product of a senile loon who should have left the director's chair years ago with flat characters, a plot with no pay off, and some of the stupidest dialogue and sequences I've seen in a show in the past few years. I could easily say that Try was horribly rushed off of its predecessor's popularity, trying and failing to alter the premise of the original show to fit three on threes with hollow and superfluous characters and dogshit choreography, and I could easily call Fafner a flash in the pan that requires you trudging through a creation of questionable quality just to get to the 'good' stuff, especially since a mere few months after Exodus finished absolutely no-one is talking about it, at least not here.

See how fickle these things are?
>>
File: 1457339223296.jpg (26KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457339223296.jpg
26KB, 600x700px
>>14475799
There's nothing in Unicorn, AGE, G-Reco, TRY, IBO and Thunderbolt that's as bad as anything in A/Z. In the case of Gundam you have a bunch of babies who cite a show is bad because it didn't appeal to their own sensibilities and this is no t touching on the writing in some of them whereas A/Z was fucked just from reading the premise.
>>
>>14475928

Because you say so, yes?

Gundam's premise is fundamentally retarded too, just so you know, the premises of some individuals shows a great deal more than others. See AGE, Unicorn, and maybe IBO.
>>
>>14475922
>. I could just as easily say G-Reco was the hamfisted product of a senile loon who should have left the director's chair years ago with flat characters, a plot with no pay off, and some of the stupidest dialogue and sequences I've seen in a show in the past few years.
And not one of that is constructive criticism for the actual show.

>I could easily say that Try was horribly rushed off of its predecessor's popularity, trying and failing to alter the premise of the original show to fit three on threes with hollow and superfluous characters and dogshit choreography
Now you're just saying the opposite of what I said as an argument.

>, and I could easily call Fafner a flash in the pan that requires you trudging through a creation of questionable quality just to get to the 'good' stuff, especially since a mere few months after Exodus finished absolutely no-one is talking about it, at least not here.
And you're not even discussing the show itself just your own personal bias.

>See how fickle these things are?
If you were trying to prove a point you pretty much failed spectacularly. I can only guess you didn't even bother to pick up Argvollen so you couldn't bullshit a response on the fly. If anycase your lack of rebuttal the question is all the proof I really need.
>>
>>14475936
>Gundam's premise is fundamentally retarded too,

Because you say so, yes?

You need to...think before you post son.
>>
>>14475956

Considering that the original show posited that in the near future Earth would not only construct tens if not hundreds of space colonies and move to them, but also have said colonials create mobile suits and employ them as engines of war, and harness energy weapons to the extent a beam cannon with the power of a battleship could be made for a red, white and blue samurai robot, fighting a bunch of cartoony Nazi/IJA-types?

Yeah, it's a bit silly fundamentally without going into particulars of individual shows, and I'm fully aware of how dumb A/Z's own setting is.

>And not one of that is constructive criticism for the actual show.

Well, see, one, if you want constructive, I'm glad to to constructive. Two, I'm not the first person to say those things. It's a rather common opinion on this board, actually.

>Now you're just saying the opposite of what I said as an argument.

And again, it's an argument upheld by many, and I do feel that Try was a godawful disappointment that squandering everything that Build Fighters gave it, sacrificing quality and decent structure for the sake of making an easy profit.

But, you know, again. Opinions are fickle things, and since the crux of this discussion is comparing this show to recent Gundam outings, I opine that because I perceive Unicorn, AGE, Try, IBO and G-Reco as ranging from mediocre to bad, sticking to A/Z is a comparatively better choice.

Oh, and Argevollen was as bland as a wad of paste and I ended up dropping that after three episodes, if you're so curious.
>>
>>14476005
>Yeah, it's a bit silly fundamentally

Because you say so, yes?

You need to...think before you post son.
>>
>>14476005
>Well, see, one, if you want constructive, I'm glad to to constructive
No you just couldn't be arsed to do so. If you actually were serious you wouldn't have half assed it.

> Two, I'm not the first person to say those things. It's a rather common opinion on this board, actually.
Of course! Lots of trolls and shitposters say the same thing doesn't mean we should take you seriously.

>And again, it's an argument upheld by many
It's not. You can't even prove that's the case either so all you're doing is pushing your own opinion as the one of others. TRY had problems like all works but it doesn't mean shit if you're going to be vague about it.

> I opine that because I perceive Unicorn, AGE, Try, IBO and G-Reco as ranging from mediocre to bad, sticking to A/Z is a comparatively better choice.

And you once again had not given an argument for it.You're just making a vapid statement that not everyone shares and you've done nothing constructive with it and you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone here anyways.

>Oh, and Argevollen was as bland as a wad of paste and I ended up dropping that after three episodes
And you're still not providing constructive criticism.
>>
>>14476098

>only trolls and shitposters dislike things

Well, you're not doing any wonders for your credibility either. Nor is Mr Dullard One-Track above you.

>It's not. You can't even prove that's the case either so all you're doing is pushing your own opinion as the one of others. TRY had problems like all works but it doesn't mean shit if you're going to be vague about it.

I'm going to assume you weren't here when Try was airing, or when it gets discussed at all.

>And you once again had not given an argument for it.You're just making a vapid statement that not everyone shares and you've done nothing constructive with it and you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone here anyways.

It's an opinion, not an argument, you dumb cunt. Do I need to explain the concepts of opining and perceiving to you? I never set out to convince anyone, don't shove words down my throat.

>And you're still not providing constructive criticism.

Well, it's hard to talk much about a show you dropped because you found it boring, isn't it?

Piss off.
>>
>>14461665
>You can tell people have bad taste in music whenever they praise the OST for this.
I liked it. Eat shit.
>>
>>14475903
A/z was more "noteworthy" than Try or Argevollen, at least
>>
>>14477100
Why?
>>14477089
And your tastes is shit? What's your point?
>>14476201
>>14476201
>only trolls and shitposters dislike things
Good thing I didn't say that

>It's an opinion, not an argument, you dumb cunt.

I love how you think you can back out of any argument by just going HURR DURR ITS AN OPINION which begs the question what's the point of your little rant other than you wasting everyone's time?
>>
>>14475953
I think you missed his point anon and you responses were poor all around.
>>
>>14475906
>You speak as though Unicorn is some flawless work of art
But he didn't? His post was actually the opposite, that even something flawed like Unicorn was ahead of AZ.
>>
>>14459337
Ending is kind of MEH, but overall I really enjoyed the series. Particularly the genre crossing of Super Robots vs Real Robots, and how the hero doesn't defeat his enemies using courage or the power of friendship but just his straight up encyclopedic scientific knowledge.

Then there is the fact that this is the first anime I have ever seen that clearly stars someone who is a high-functioning autistic person. They never call him that of course, but it's fucking clear as day to anyone who understands autism. It's nice that neurodivergent people FINALLY get a hero of their own.
>>
>>14478787
>neurodivergent
It was excellent bait right up until this point.
>>
>>14476201
>Well, it's hard to talk much about a show you dropped because you found it boring, isn't it?
Not him but holy shit you're literal cancer.
Have you stopped to think some people here have actually watched both from start to finish and AREN'T talking out of their ass?

I mean have you even seen season 2 of Aldnoah/Zero somehow i doubt it.

>I'm going to assume you weren't here when Try was airing, or when it gets discussed at all.
From what i have read i'm starting to think you think discussions and watching 3 episodes of something is a valid reason to call something shit and think your opinion is valid. In which case you really need to fuck off.
>>
>>14478659
>his
Here's your (you)
>>
Can we all just agree to kill ourselves?
>>
>>14478951
You're comparing a bunch of mediocre shows and acting like there was a world of difference in quality.

>From what i have read i'm starting to think you think discussions and watching 3 episodes of something is a valid reason to call something shit and think your opinion is valid. In which case you really need to fuck off.
Argevollen didn't get any better though.
>>
>>14479854
Actually they are. For one thing I can honestly say they had a merit of competence in the writing unlike A/Z where you can see plot holes in the first episode.
>>
>>14479866
A lot of shows have plot holes in early episodes.

They revolve around teenagers in robots.

They normally follow a similar plot too.
>>
>>14479883
No

No

No

Its time for you to just admit A/Z was just a bad anime
>>
>>14479911
Opinions are opinions you can't really invalidate them.

But you should probably pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>14479923
Just because you say its so doesn't make it true.
>>
>>14479883
>>14479866
The very nature of episodic fiction entails plot holes within the first episode when taken in a vacuum.

Please, both of you just shut up and fuck already.
>>
>>14479953
Why, also you're stating something that has already been disagreed with.
>>
>>14459337
NTR
>>
File: no.png (671KB, 568x851px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
671KB, 568x851px
>>14480030
Somebody doesn't believe in miracles
>>
>>14479953
No one gives a flying fuck because it's already been talked to death! God you're a pretentious ass hole, it would be like explaining fucking hunger games shits retarded get over it.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.