[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any of you guys heard of Z Mind? I watched this week and thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2016-07-02-22h51m34s755.png (520KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-02-22h51m34s755.png
520KB, 640x480px
any of you guys heard of Z Mind?

I watched this week and thought it had fun characters, very nice animation, and a pretty decent plot, which made it overall pretty entertaining.
>>
>>14446817
No, I haven't. What's it about?
>>
>>14446862
3 sisters who are also mech fans get recruited in a mech called the Z mind to fight off alien invaders. it's basically a 70s mech show made in the 90s in a good way.
>>
That mech looks rather brave ish, so this has my attention.
>>
>Sunrise OVA
>Brave-ass mecha design
Oh hell yeah, I'm definitely gonna check this out.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQ0XbLY3sQ

it seems pretty cool
>>
I got the DVD of it in the early 2000's when I was buying anything mecha-related I could find.

It's alright but pretty generic and forgettable overall. It's short enough that it's worth watching if you just want a 70's style robot fix.
>>
I was almost convinced it was a rejected Brave design myself, but the components can't turn into vehicles, so perhaps not.

Still, it was a fun OVA. Forgettable, but charming nonetheless. There are worse ways to spend an hour or two. Watch out for the Raideen cameo.
>>
>>14448394
if it were a braves design, it would have been designed by kunio okawara.
>>
>>14448394
>the components can't turn into vehicles

Can they turn into animals? Braves had a few of those too.
>>
>>14449095
Nope. All they can do is combine.

Surprisingly, though, they did manage to finish off one of the alien monsters uncombined in one of the six episodes. Z-Mind doesn't have a go-to finishing move like most Braves, which also sets it apart.
>>
>>14449095
No they're all 3 stand alone mechs
>>
>>14446817
I've seen it. It's not awful, but it's very, very average and the ending isn't much of a conclusion.
>>
>>14449263
It was conclusive. The problem is that they decided to sequel bait for god knows what reason.
>>
File: Z Mind bot.jpg (97KB, 386x698px) Image search: [Google]
Z Mind bot.jpg
97KB, 386x698px
The Z-Mind mini-series had its moments but the mecha design was what really got me...it was a classic gattai super-robot of the period.
>>
>>14451338
where did you get that pic from?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.