[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more Chinese mecha cartoons? QQ and Tencent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

File: 20160623_215139.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160623_215139.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Why aren't there more Chinese mecha cartoons?

QQ and Tencent are busy pumping out moe harem anime and meanwhile no mecha
>>
isn't science fiction banned in china?
>>
>>14435566
iirc it's time travel and spoopy that's forbidden
>>
Why have robots when you have cheap labour?
>>
File: iPnSKIk.jpg (272KB, 2080x1816px) Image search: [Google]
iPnSKIk.jpg
272KB, 2080x1816px
>>14435381
You could watch gender-swapped FMP with nanomachine bug girls
>>
>>14435566
>>14435571
Explain further.
>>
>>14435969
there was a report going around that new media rules came down banning time travel stories, and various supernatural crap

I don't know if that has anything to do with reports of them disrespecting skeletons by removing them from World Of Warcraft
>>
>>14436013
>various supernatural crap
Guess we won't be seeing those hopping ghost/corpse/vampire folks anymore. How could they stifle creativity like this?
>>
>>14436056
I don't know how legit it really is, for all I know it's really something like "Chinese TV has new standards and practices" and it spiraled from there in the media, and even then there's Taiwan to make them.
Big China Movie Money into a hopping vampire movie wouldn't really work out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPFYwKC_JDc
>>
>>14436056
I think it is more like some fortune telling that may give rise to the fall of PRC.
>>
>>14435381

Chinese dont 'make' stuff, they steal 'em and tell everyone they made them. That or ride the coat tails of their sengoku glory days.
>>
File: To_Live_Poster.jpg (31KB, 328x475px) Image search: [Google]
To_Live_Poster.jpg
31KB, 328x475px
>>14436088
The Chinese innovated in art and science and politics for millenia until recent times. The last few centuries have not been so good.

Yes, I blame the PRC. But I believe Chinese are still capable of producing good content. Taiwan, HK, Singapore, and various PRC traitors are the place to look IMO. Check out "To Live", a Chinese film. It made me feel, sad and I think it is a shining example of the potential for good entertainment from the region. (Of course the creator was banned from filmmaking after it came out)

After all, Chinese people are basically the same ethnicity as Japan, so I wouldn't deprecate their abilities too much. It's just their society and corrupt govt which is destructive.
>>
>>14436013
>>14436070
The ban on time travel stories is because tv dramas/novel/web novels about people finding themselves lost in the past somehow became really popular with young women in China. The stories were pretty much the same wish fulfillment as those terrible "reincarnated in another world" anime.

But then conmen started taking advantage of gullible fans and sold them "time travel potions". Instead of going after the frauds, the government decided that the easiest thing to do was to ban stories with elements of time travel instead.
>>
File: This is the future you chose.png (756KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
This is the future you chose.png
756KB, 625x626px
>>14436330
>After all, Chinese people are basically the same ethnicity as Japan

Oh god what have you done. though this helps explain why the PRC is suddenly acting like pre-WW2 Imperial Japan[/spoiler[
>>
>>14436421
hahaha holy shit that's amazing
>>
>>14436484
To be fair Japan has basically lifted Chinese culture and tried to be Chinese.

Only in the 19th century did Japan find out that the West was superior and it turned into a huge culture shock.
Suddenly instead of trying to be cultured Chinese they had to learn European languages and become merchant jews.

Ofcourse China is retaking the centre stage in this century.
>>
>>14436088
Chinese have some fucking great films.
Reminds me of a movie I'm looking for. It's about a man who gets released from a re-education camp after his daughter sold him out in the cultural revolution. His wife has ptsd after she let a high up party member rape her in exchange for not executing his husband, so she's repressed all memories of her husband. Each day she waits by the train station waiting for him come back, even though he's already been released and she just doesn't recognise him. Anyone know the name of this drama?
Polite sage for this post isn't /m/
>>
File: AstroPlan.jpg (40KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
AstroPlan.jpg
40KB, 450x360px
Astro Plan
>>
File: Crystal Warrior 8.jpg (37KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Warrior 8.jpg
37KB, 600x343px
Crystal Warrior
>>
File: SG0.jpg (171KB, 1000x490px) Image search: [Google]
SG0.jpg
171KB, 1000x490px
Star Guardian
>>
File: 23529367531687184480434.jpg (109KB, 474x664px) Image search: [Google]
23529367531687184480434.jpg
109KB, 474x664px
some Super Sentai ripoff animated show
>>
File: jushen-zhanjidui3.jpg (34KB, 639x346px) Image search: [Google]
jushen-zhanjidui3.jpg
34KB, 639x346px
Jushen ZhanJiDui
>>
Giant Saver
>>
>>14436686
>>14436693

Jushen ZhanJiDui IS Giant Saver
>>
File: Coop did this in megas.jpg (30KB, 409x564px) Image search: [Google]
Coop did this in megas.jpg
30KB, 409x564px
>>14436421
That's probably the best example of dumb commies I've seen in a while.
>>
>>14435381
>Why aren't there more Chinese mecha cartoons?

1. Awkward militant themes.
Can't be overly pacifistic because PLA is glorious protectors of the peoples freedom. Can't be overly militaristic because Modern China is peaceful modern country (not like Japan, remember Nanking, liek if u cry every time).

2. Awkward political themes.
Mecha need things to fight. Can't fight other countries (see above). Can't fight crime (crime is for decadent western country). Can't fight ancient aliens (common people may be confuse and want to join evil religion cult like Falun Gong or Tibet Bhudist). Can't fight rebels (PRoC is rebel against opiate selling capitalist westerns). Can't fight empire (PRoC is sort of like empire, only more free, and better).

3. Financial Risk
Name 3 financially successful /m/ anime released since 2010 that aren't part of long standing franchises.
>>
>>14436684
>The main guy is a yellow.
wew
>>
File: what 11.jpg (68KB, 627x476px) Image search: [Google]
what 11.jpg
68KB, 627x476px
>>14436421
Is China even a real place? Or is it just Bizarro Atlantis?
>>
>>14436550
To be frank Japanese imported lots of Chinese culture during Tang Dynasty since at that time China was culturally superior

China is rather terrible over past few centuries due to Century of shame which lead to Chaotic period and Peasants are gullible enough to be swayed under CCP which lead to present terrible situation
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.