[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the last Gundam series I have left to finish. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: Seed_destiny01.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
Seed_destiny01.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
This is the last Gundam series I have left to finish. I've already decided to put myself through a potentially painful experience, but what's the best way to approach Destiny?

Should I watch the HD version or the original release?
How can I adjust my expectations to get the most out of the show?
>>
File: seed.png (128KB, 520x189px) Image search: [Google]
seed.png
128KB, 520x189px
>>14430539
>what's the best way to approach Destiny?
Drunk

the original release

>How can I adjust my expectations to get the most out of the show?
How not to a Gundam series: the Gundam series
>>
>>14430607
What are the advantages the original release offers over the HD version?
>>
>>14430539
honestly, there is no reason NOT to watch the HD release
>>
>>14430539
>Best way to approach Destiny

Turn around and walk away
>>
>>14430620
The HD version fixes some minor plot stuff and adds fanservice, but it was the original release that sparked... well, pretty much everything Destiny-related here. You want to know why people hate this show? Watch it in it's original form, not Sunrise's damage control-version.
>>
>>14430539
If you want to understand WHY Destiny caused such a massive shitstorm back in the day you have to watch the original. The show required an OVA remake of the ending, 4 Special Edition movies AND a 50 episode remaster to fix its myriad of issues and approach something resembling a proper series.

so to sum up, going straight to the remaster will offer a better viewing experience overall but won't help you appreciate how deeply flawed the original production was.
>>
>>14430539
Honestly destiny's bad but people really overrate it.
It isn't that horrible but it's enjoyable it's just stupid.
Don't go in expecting much past the first 13 episodes and you'll be alright.
>>
>>14430962
Did you only watch the remaster? Because the original version of the show was deserving of every drop of hatred that it got.
>>
>>14431024
No I watched the original,albeit years ago but even though it was bad people REALLY exaggerate how bad it is.
Because there's been WAY worse put out there besides Destiny.
>>
>>14430539
short bursts between days
>>
>>14431052
Not from Gundam.
>>
>>14430539
I watched the remaster up to episode 49, then watched the original episode 50. That's the best way to struggle through it without REALLY suffering too bad while still seeing how fucking terrible it is.
>>
File: mSM5SPW[1].jpg (111KB, 2212x904px) Image search: [Google]
mSM5SPW[1].jpg
111KB, 2212x904px
>>
>>14430539
SEED is shit
DESTINY is shit fest
>>
>>14431052
Just because there are shittier anime out there doesn't stop SD from deserving the criticisms it got.
>>
>>14430962
>Honestly destiny's bad but people really overrate it.
No. No they don't. It is that bad and deserves to be thought of as that bad
>>
>>14430962
>the opening scene of the first episode
>MY MOBILE PHONE
Had me laughing for hours. The entire shitshow was worth it just for that.
>>
What about the movies?
>>
This thread is close enough to what I want to ask

Should I watch Unicorn or the 0096 new version of it?
>>
>>14432335
More recap with a different ending
>>
>>14430732
>not turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
>>14432357
So it's like the AGE movie?
>>
>>14430539
Destiny is complete shit, don't get me wrong, but it's still watchable. It was stupid but I never felt like I hard to force myself to watch it honestly.

>>14432345
OVAs for sure. The TV version has long ass recaps at the start at each episode sometimes going around 7 minutes and they're awkwardly edited at times when the episode needs to end but stuff is still happening. And the OVAs are already out so you don't need to wait.
>>
Watch the movies, much better.
>>
>>14431213
Will Urobuchi finally get his series?
>>
>>14432493
No
>>
>>14432493
He hasn't written anything good in 4 years what makes you think his Gundam will be any different?
>>
>>14432493
>Will Urobuchi finally get his series?
literally who?
>the guy who made A/Z
Fucking never.
>>
>>14432367
>It was stupid but I never felt like I hard to force myself to watch it honestly.
I did.

Hell I didn't even finish Destiny when it was airing. I dropped it and watched the rest years later
>>
>>14432468
>AGE is bad meme
>>
>>14432368
How so?
>>
>>14432545
It's not a meme. Age is complete garbage
>>
>>14432556
>AGE is worse than Destiny meme
>>
>>14432547
Not him but I assume it's because it's less shit to sit though.
>>
>>14430886

I wasn't aware that the different versions changed anything of note besides the ending now being Shinn joining Team Lacus. I also doubt Murosawa, Fukuda or anyone at Sunrise saw it as fixing it, at least in the sense it was broken before them, but only in the sense of increasing continuity or giving it a better end for Shinn.
>>
>>14432556
The story was boring but the action was good and there was more of it than IBO so AGE is better than IBO for now
>>
>>14432556
But it's not.
>>
>>14431294
Clearly this is evidence that not only is Destiny a masterpiece, but it is also misunderstood for being way ahead of it's time in a medium full of plebeians.
>>
>>14432365
Like most Gundam movies
>>
>>14432562

The original ending wasn't an ending. It was just team Kira posing after Messiah explodes with no explaination as to what the torn to hell political situation was, or whether the war was going to continue (because Durandal and his Gundam's aside Zaft still had thousands of ships and MS's still ready to fight) or what.

Final Plus actually gave it a short epilogue, which while very simple and the easiest possible choices were made (Zaft stands down and accepts Lacus as their knew god emperor, Orb and Plant make peace war over) at least it was some form of closure.
>>
>>14430539
>what's the best way to approach Destiny?

It's mainstream panderbait. You've probably already seen enough anime to develop an inherent expectation of what you're in for.

I can't really speak for HD vs original, though, as I've never bothered with the HD version. But if I just assume that it's an "improved" version so why not?
>>
>>14432558
People disagreeing with you is not a meme, you retard. Fuck off back to /tv/ if you're obsessed with labelling everything as memes.
>>
so is there a Recommendations image for Gundam like that have for Rider and Godzilla and various /co/ properties cause im seeing a lot of OPINIONS in here but like SEED Destiny is the only one ive heard is outright bad and that more in an "its just lowest common denominator anime" way
>>
File: gundamguide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>14441103
Ignore them and use this
>>
>>14432556
It comes out on top due to having better animation,designs and choreography also it took a lot longer for AGE to get completely bad
>>
>>14441197
>also it took a lot longer for AGE to get completely bad
AKA episode 16 onward.
>>
Listen to the soundtrack because its the only enjoyable thing about the show.
>>
>>14441127
thankee kindly
>>
>>14441753
>>14441127
BTW the Zeta dub is usually considered Trash right?
>>
>Destiny had a fucking recap episode for a previous show in the middle of it
Jesus christ that's pathetic.

>>14442295
Personally I don't mind it. Kamillie is spot on as is Quattro.

Here's an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKyHKENoY4
>>
>>14430539
dont OP Seed sucks ass sooooo bad. I tried really hard to like it but it just kept getting gayer and gayer. and I love pretty much every Gundam series but Seed was just unwatchable.
>>
>>14445139
The women are spot-on too. Most of the men, not great.
>>
>>14445265
>>14445139
so its a mediocre dub thats ok if your avoiding subs?
>>
>>14445217
OP here, I got through Seed and despite some bullshit it was a reasonably entertaining experience.

On episode 10 of Destiny, so far it seems pretty okay. I like Shinn a lot more than Kira, I like Durandal and most of the new cast. I've heard that they eventually get replaced by the old cast which I'm not looking forward to.
>>
>>14445464
When it comes to dubs of old shows, I view it on a take what you can get basis.
It's okay if you want to have Zeta gundam running in the background while you build gunpla or something.
>>
>>14446237
no im just adhd so its hard for me to just pay attention exclusively to one thing especially if its only computer cause i tend to browse and multitask.
so its ok at least mediocre and accurate illtake it
though ihear it shares no Va's with the Gundam '79 dub cast so that'll bother me
>>
>>14445570
It's not so much they're replaced by the old cast, it's more the show ignored the new cast in favor of the old cast. Then, when no one really gave a flying shit about them, threw them under the bus while jerking off Team Kira. Seriously, the reason why people like SRW Z's treatment of the series is that it calls out Kira's various flavors of bullshit (and gives him some much needed character development) while presenting Shinn and Co. in a more sympathetic light.
>>
>>14430620

about fifteen clip episodes, sometimes back to back
>>
>>14432533
Urobuchi did the concept of A/Z. He's kind of gone to shit recently but I thought he did a good job with Fate/Zero and Gargantia, and an OK job with Blassreiter. Dude loves his SUFFERING.
>>
>>14431294
>Fucking SEED and Destiny get totally redrawn
>Sunrise will never re-animate Zeta completely
>>
>>14446478
It's also cross-over fan-fiction by a video game writer and has no relevance to any discussion of the actual show.
>>
>>14449597
>totally redrawn
lol no.
most of it is just upscaled and cropped, with a few scenes from the Special Edition movies thrown in.
Only a handful of scenes were actually redrawn for the remaster.
>>
>>14449622
t. Fukuda
>>
>>14449622
A video game that shows how to do the show's plot the right way is completely relevant in a discussion about the show.
>>
>>14445570

The first 12 or 13 episodes of Destiny are pretty good, and people tend to forget that when it was airing the majority consensus was that they were good and hope was high for the show because of them. After that it's mostly just kind of boring for a long while, and it's around about episode 18 or 19 that my interest dropped and I stopped watching the show because I was just bored with it. Around about episode 30 I realized I was still downloading the episodes every week as they were subbed but not watching them, so I deleted them, because I had no interest in watching them. I hear it continues as mostly kind of boring until the final stretch of episodes and then goes full on retard, but in an entertaining way according to at least some people - so you may or may not enjoy it's stupidity I guess. The start is generally held to be the best and/or only good part though.
>>
>>14441212
There was some good stuff at the start of gen 3 and some parts throughout gen 2
>>
File: 1426658752292.png (357KB, 765x593px) Image search: [Google]
1426658752292.png
357KB, 765x593px
>>14449622
Fuck off Fukudafag
>>
>>14431294
more like RemASSter
>>
>>14430539
Watch Cross Ange instead.

It's basically the same thing, except with more anger, lesbians and rape.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.