[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, sorry if there is a general thread for this, but I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 4353452.jpg (178KB, 864x1195px) Image search: [Google]
4353452.jpg
178KB, 864x1195px
Hey, sorry if there is a general thread for this, but I just finished Gundam Thunderbolt.

I found the animation/music pretty good (i'm kind of new to the genre). I was wondering if there were any other mecha series with animation as good as or better than this. I watched various iterations of Mazinger Z and Getter Robo and am a fan of the specific sound effects they use in older mecha shows (it's hard to convey through text, but hopefully you know what I mean)

TLDR; what are some shows with good hand-drawn animation or music?
>>
>>14423235
Patlabor have both

there's two chronologies, both are great and worth the watch

OVA 1 (aka Early Days) -> Movie 1 -> Movie 2
TV - OVA 2
>>
I second Patlabor.

The best thing about Gundam Unicorn is the OST and the animation is pretty good, the CGI is used mostly only when it's reasonably necesary (Unicorn transforming)

Turn A has amazing music and the art is gorgeous but I don't know how well it has aged.
>>
>>14423248

Thank you. I'll start there. Are there any others?

Here is what I have gathered that I haven't already watched
Macross
GaoGaiGar/Brave stuff
Neo Getter vs Getter Robo

Are they any good? Or is there an /m/ approved anime picture/list?
>>
>>14423235
>sorry if there is a general thread for this
I'm gonna tell you to fuck off and lurk moar, but I'm also gonna say we appreciate your humility.

Now if we could learn them tokufags good, now wouldn't that be wonderful.

>>14423421
>Unicorn
>hand drawn
Ahahaha!

>>14423429
>Are they any good?
Watch 'em and decide for yourself.
>Or is there an /m/ approved anime picture/list?
Yesh, we have an archive.
The Gundam and Macross referral images are the only ones that seem to be kept up to date.
We have a "Before asking /m/" one too, but it's really outdated.
>>
>>14423429
GGG is great

Neo vs Shin is good, nothing exceptional but it's fun to watch, it's better to read the Getter Robo Saga first (not mandatory though)

Also, Gunbuster have great animation and soundtrack, watch it too.
>>
>>14423235
I can only talk about Gundam, but the music in most Gundam is pretty bad compared to Thunderbolt (if you can ignore the Engrish lyrics in TB). Music is an important motif in TB which I think is kind of unique to it amongst Gundam,

08th MS Team had nice animation and solid, albeit mostly just functional music.

0083 had good animation but the music ranged from generic to terrible (the intro)

0080 looked good, granted there isn't much action but that wasn't the point. Also people tend to say the music was good, but I eh.

Gundam Unicorn had solid, once again mostly functional music and of course good animation.

You're kind of spoiled because TB is basically the newest, and one of the most well-animated and musical series they've made.
>>
Was there a fifth episode for Gundam Thunderbolt announced? I could've sworn I saw a post about that here.
>>
File: enough.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
>>14423798
>0083 had good animation but the music ranged from generic to terrible (the intro)
>to terrible
>the intro

>not being a men of destiny
>>
>>14423826
I heard they were doing an epilogue with the battle A Baoa Qu.
>>
>>14423826
No.
>>
>>14423839
The Winner > Man of Destiny
>>
File: Untitled-58.png (1MB, 1118x631px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-58.png
1MB, 1118x631px
>>14423235
>>
>>14423798
Thunderbolt's music is pretty fucking terrible, especially since music plays a bigger part in it than any other Gundam series.
>>
>>14423853
You either go full Top Gun or none at all. This is why The Winner >>>> Man of Destiny
>>
>>14423826
No, it was misreported as an episode 5. They're making a compilation movie which will a final fight at A Baoa Qu along with additional scenes to flesh out the story.
>>
>>14423429
>Macross
The original is not known for its animation, DYRL, Macross II, and Plus are quite nice in that regard though.

>Neo Getter vs Getter Robo
It's alright, it's animation is good but not great, much like the rest of it.

For Gundam, there's Unicorn and 0083 for animation. The other OVAs (that aren't Origin) are decent as well.
>>
>>14423798
To be honest, the music in Seed and Destiny is god tier.
>>
>>14424007
And AGE.
>>
>>14423853
>He doesn't want to get back to paradise
>>
>>14423421
Or Giant Gorg
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.