[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No Shin Mazinger sequel >No Devilman anime adaptation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1360975298656.png (147KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1360975298656.png
147KB, 640x352px
>No Shin Mazinger sequel
>No Devilman anime adaptation
>No new Getter OVA
>No new Grendizer anime (Giga promo doesn't count)
I don't want to knock down Robot Girls Z, Cyborg 009 vs Devilman and Cutie Honey Tears, but seriously, can't we get the real thing? It's been 5 years and I'm not getting any younger.
>>
>>14423171
You're lucky DP can even still make and sell shit like this in the modern day, kiddo. Most others would have given up long ago
>>
>No Shin Mazinger sequel
it sucked anyway
>No Devilman anime adaptation
you got the coffee ad
>No new Getter OVA
trigger 2017
>No new Grendizer anime (Giga promo doesn't count)
graindicksucker is ugly and gay af if not just a insult to to the franchise
>>
>>14423490
>trigger 2017
>implying it's a totally not-GurrenLagann series
>implying they will have time to do mecha stuff with the LWA anime on the way
>>
>>14423550
>>implying it's a totally not-GurrenLagann series
that's more than good enough for Getter
>>
>>14423564
fair enough. i'm still scared how they would handle it with LWA in production though
>>
>>14423490
>No Shin Mazinger sequel
>it sucked anyway

And it's still the best thing DP produced in the past 2 decades
>>
>>14423622
We don't know when the shows are actually coming out, don't worry.
>>
>>14423490
your mom sucked my cock and she was terrible, spic
>>
>>14423921
Which is really telling how awful shit from DP is. If their best is unwatchable who can even stomach their other products.
>>
File: 1466475553102.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1466475553102.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>14425572
Wow anon sick burnz, you're the baddest bloke on the playground
>>
>>14429261
Nice one pablo
>>
>>14429261
That wall can't come soon enough.
>>
>>14425572

How's middle school treating you, bud?
>>
You know what would be cool? Mazinkaiser vs Shin Getter Robo, like a new version of the 70s crossover movies. Dr. Hell and Emperor Gore could team up.
>>
>>14431550
I'm already hard just thinking about it. All it'd need would be a dub with the Mazinkaiser and New voice actors and it'd probably be about perfect.
>>
File: kabuto koji cries.jpg (16KB, 492x317px) Image search: [Google]
kabuto koji cries.jpg
16KB, 492x317px
>>14431550
I could see that happen in the next decade.
>tfw you'll never hear Daisuke Gouri voice Gore ever again
>>
>>14431550

Yeah, another pointless cash-in crossover sounds right up DP's alley.
>>
>>14423921
>And it's still the best thing DP produced in the past 2 decades
ORE TACHI GA
JIGOKU DA
>>
Litterally just adapt the orignal manga without leaving out the slapstick humor. Make it a fun and lighthearted episodic show like Mazinkaiser. Add waifus, don't let Imagawa or kawagoe direct it. DP have now redeemed themselves.
>>
>>14438384
>Kawagoe
Who else can they even afford to hire besides him? The last time they hired someone else was for Meeramera, and that was way back in 2011.
>>
>>14438384
Who would the waifus be though, besides the standard Mazinger set? Honey and Minerva and Z and I think Seto?
>>
>>14438384
>no Imagawa or Kawagoe

Fucking why?
>>
>>14438517

Add 3 girls based on the Toei Robot girls. I know their hair styles are based on existing characters, but they look different enough.
>>
>>14438577
On that note, toss in Yoko from that weird Boss Borot manga (http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Janjaja~n_Boss_Borot_Dai), since she is what Robot Girls' Borot is based on.
>>
>>14438532
They're both hacks
>>
>>14438532
I loved Shin Mazinger and most things Imagawa touches but I get why a lot of people get frustrated or sick of his style and the way he reenvisions things.

Kawagoe is great at action. If that's all you want he's your guy. When it comes to actual story or pacing though I think his work is pretty lacking.

Some new perspectives might be nice but you've got to wonder how many directors are out there anymore who care enough about this material to work with it, especially with the crap budgets they'll be handed.
>>
>>14438577
So Get, Gai, and maybe Great?
>>
Why do people want a Shin Mazinger sequel when the original already tells you what is going to happen?
>>
>>14439107
Because Tetsuya and Kenzo are dead as shit, so they can't pilot or make Great.
>>
>>14438695
Well, Kawagoe sticks closer to his source material than Imagawa usually does, so it's no wonder his shows are usually lacking in story

>>14438711
Because Great Mazinger is the best design DP has ever come up with, and I want it to be badass and relevant again. Also Tetsuya and Kenzo are more interesting than Kouji and Professor Yumi, if less fun
>>
>>14423171
>I don't want to knock down [...] Cutie Honey Tears
You should. It looks like garbage.
>>
>>14439300
It would be nice to see one modern Mazinger anime where Tetsuya and Great Mazinger aren't just a second-stringer.
>>
>>14439300
Wrong Anon, I was suggesting waifus to shove into a Mazinger remake, you want >>14439107
for your wrong opinion.
>>
>>14439335
Surely, the fans must be getting sick of/satisfied with seeing Koji getting more favorable treatment after the Toei days by now. At least the Great anime is finally getting subbed again.
>>
>>14439427
I don't even get it. Great Mazinger may be the least popular part of Mazinger, but how has Jeeg gotten an update while Great gets nothing other than yet another second string appearance in Shin ZERO and whatever Devilman vs Hades counts as?
>>
>>14439893
>Great Mazinger may be the least popular part of Mazinger
>Got in 4 crossover movies compare to Z who only had one.
>>
>>14439893
Simple, Jeeg's appearance in SRW's Alpha trilogy rose awareness for it after years of being obscure.
>>
I'd like to see them try a new Super Robot show in a similar style to their 70's stuff rather than more Getter, Mazinger, etc. honestly. Seeing the same old stories done over and over gets really boring after a while
>>
I'd actually like to see a Mazinger story taking place post-Grendizer, rather than a retelling or completely new show.
>>
File: oh lordy.jpg (42KB, 337x348px) Image search: [Google]
oh lordy.jpg
42KB, 337x348px
I really just want all of Devilman as anime and done right.

>>14438624
Anime when?
>>
>>14440288
I do as well, although I don't want anymore new heroes. The franchise has enough as it is. It ought to be about Kouji creating Mazinkaiser himself rather than Juzo having magically made it somehow.

>>14440229
You got that with SKL
>>
>>14440436
>It ought to be about Kouji creating Mazinkaiser himself
How he's a fighter not a scientist.
>>
>>14440837
What? Even by the time of Grendizer he's already an engineer who built a space ship (the TFO). After another timeskip he easily could be designing his own Mazinger-style robot.
>>
>>14440857
Not to mention that his father, mother and grandfather were all scientists as well and he ended the original show by going to study with yet another scientist.

It would be a nice theme to show every generation growing progressively. Juzo made a cool robot, Kenzo made a better one and Kouji ends up making the best one. Also Duke Fleed is an alien that has an okay robot and it doesn't make much sense for him to be around but he is anyway because why not.
>>
>>14440857
Thats only in the Toei anime. In pretty much all other shows depicted Kouji as a bit of a dumbass.
>>
Y'know........why did we get 009 vs. Devilman. I enjoyed it enough but of all things to crossover. Kinda surprising it wasn't 009 vs. Cutey Honey.
>>
>>14441040
Eh, sometimes it's cooler to crossover things with less in common.
>>
>>14441014
Kouji going to study abroad and creating the TFO is in the Nagai Grendizer manga too.
>>
>>14441014
a dumbass that knows how to cook
>>
>>14441014
We are talking about a sequel to the Toei anime, you know
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.