[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having never watched nor read anything GitS related before, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ghost-in-the-shell-5191d6aa8fc24.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-5191d6aa8fc24.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
Having never watched nor read anything GitS related before, where should I start with the myriad of various continuities in the franchise?
>>
start with arise it's the best one
>>
>>14406588
Start with the original movie, then watch Stand Alone Complex Gig 1&2 and then watch the Solid State Society. If you really like Gits, you can watch the sequel to the first movie afterwards.
>>
>>14406588
Production order if you want to watch. Publication order if you want to read.
Or, you could just jump around as you see fit. I'd honestly save Arise for last as there are some definitely not-studio decreed visual homages [apings] of some famous scenes from the previous works.
>>14406593
I like Arise a lot, but start with the movie.
>>
>>14406588
Start with the original manga and then 1.5 and then don't watch/read anything else
>>
>>14406588
Read the manga, watch the GitS movie and watch the Stand Alone Complex TV series etc

Do what you want from there

Oh yeah read Appleseed too
>>
On a related note, does one need to watch Pyrophoric Cult before watching the movie or can I go straight from Border 4 to the Arise movie?
>>
>>14406588
read the first manga
watch the first movie
then the TV series.
>>
>>14407984
You should, yeah.
>>
>>14406588
1.Read the original manga
2.Watch the original movie and Innocence
3.Watch both seasons of Stand Alone Complex
4.You're finished; Everything else is ass and/or completely irrelevant.
>>
Arise is pretty good but everybody hates it because it's not "MUH MAMORU OSHII MOVIE"
>>
>>14408065
>everybody hates it because it's not "MUH MAMORU OSHII MOVIE"
No, it's cause the Major isn't cute like SAC Mokoto.
I say this as someone that likes Arise. She's not hot. That's a negative for so many.
>>
File: chibitoko.jpg (57KB, 152x180px) Image search: [Google]
chibitoko.jpg
57KB, 152x180px
>>14408075
You mean not cute like manga Motoko.

Cause SAC Motoko isn't cute.
>>
>>14409201
>Cause SAC Motoko isn't cute.
Eh, I think she is.

Manga Motoko is probably the most so, but to each their own.
>>
I didn't like SAC that much. I really don't think GIS has the meat to support long form story telling. At least not until they're more willing to get away from how SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME the Major is. The series was just fanboys wanking to their waifu I certainly like more than a few episodes but overall it was just mostly boring.

Also Tachikoma's are worst komas
>>
>>14410463
>Also Tachikoma's are worst komas
Correct.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.