[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this really is /m/ related, but I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 19

File: download.jpg (6KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 306x165px
I don't know if this really is /m/ related, but I think it important to tell you guys anyway.
Independence Day: Resurgence is trash.
Not even corny patriotic "wild ride" trash.
Straight up garbage.
The pacing is terrible, the acting is terrible, the humor is terrible, the sfx are terrible, and the vfx are terrible. It was overall unenjoyable.
Even the dogfights were total ass and had no sense of tension whatsoever.

Ok bye.
>>
gb2/tv/
>>
/m/ake /m/ great again deport TV
>>
>an attempt to cash in on a fun but dumb movie from 20 years ago, only now without the practical effects of blowing up miniatures and one-liners, is trash
You don't say.
>>
>>14399193
I think it still has as many one-liners
>>
Were you idiots under the impression that the original was good?

It wasn't.
It was, at best, a B grade sci-fi alien invasion flick. It just had a better budget than usual. But it was still a hot dumpster fire of a movie.
>>
This is worth making a thread for?
>>
>>14398891
>Independence Day: Resurgence is trash.
>Not even corny patriotic "wild ride" trash.
>Straight up garbage.

And so was the original movie.
>>
aww... was hoping we would get some at least entertaining schlock
>>
>>14401041
The original had the benefit of the Fresh Prince and young Lone Starr to make it watchable.
>>
>>14398891
>I don't know if this really is /m/ related, but I think it important to tell you guys anyway.Independence Day: Resurgence is trash.Not even corny patriotic "wild ride" trash.Straight up garbage.The pacing is terrible, the acting is terrible, the humor is terrible, the sfx are terrible, and the vfx are terrible. It was overall unenjoyable.Even the dogfights were total ass and had no sense of tension whatsoever.

Sequels generally are trash, especially ones that are done almost 20 years after the original.
>>
not that i even like post-90s will smith, but the fact that he wasn't apart of the movie just seemed to sour up the prospect. heard goldbloom and pullman were still based, but everyone else was either lackluster or simply there to say 'hey remember us'?
>>
>>14401109
>The original had the benefit of the Fresh Prince and young Lone Starr to make it watchable.

The original ID4 was stupid and FUNNY and because of this it was enjoyable. The sequel doesn't even try to be funny. Furthermore I can't stand having the Chinese save the world so that fucking Hollywood can sell more of this shit in that communist hellhole of a country. At the very least make them a minor player in the story but no. Fucking Emmerich has prostituted himself way way too much.
>>
>>14398891
I liked it
>>
>>14401156

Well, who else even held their part from the previous film, aside from Vivica Fox who hasn't been in anything noteworthy since Kill Bill, Brent Spiner who must be on the prowl for a paycheck, and apparently one guy who was in the original film as a background scientist?
>>
>>14401156
>>14401170
The new kids were so fucking terrible that they made me wish the movie was about Goldblum and the old guys saving the world. Liam Hemsworth isn't lead material and the wife's son of Will Smith's character is one of the most unlikable actors I've ever seen
>>
File: chair knock.png (17KB, 247x239px) Image search: [Google]
chair knock.png
17KB, 247x239px
Man, I was pleasantly surprised by the how the movie was, also it was pretty nice to see the full brunt of the alien tech, it was pretty interesting that what ultimately won wasn't PATRIOTISM but the hive queen going completely desperate at finally finding a way to erradicate the one thing that was a threat to her species.

Also whoever it was that said this was looking to become a macross like movie franchise was a goddamn prophet
And this pretty much kills the chances that robotech movie would ever have of being famous

On a side note I'm happy that jewish grandpa lived
>>
>>14401148
Hey, not all of them are trash.

Jurassic World was actually pretty damn good in presenting a thematic followup to the original's comments on how a few small insignificant looking problems can cascade into a massive cataclysmic disaster alongside the commercialization of playing god, appending to it how the need to constantly surpass expectations would soon create something that'd be at home in a horror film... at least up until the end of the film when it decided to turn into a midget kaiju skirmish.

And even that was decent for what it was worth. Rexie still best girl.
>>
>>14401161
> The sequel doesn't even try to be funny

That's just outright false. There was a dedicated comic relief character for every single recurring group in the film. It wasn't exactly smart comedy, but it was comedy.

Like, what do you think is the point of the guy who is following Jeff Goldblum around during a goddamn alien invasion, to the point of following him to the moon, just to audit him for tax purposes IF NOT FOR COMEDY?
>>
>>14401762
for jews a tax audit is body horror like Cronenberg
>>
>>14401793
Tax audit is horror for anyone though, since it means something got fucked really bad along the way
>>
>>14401161
>The sequel doesn't even try to be funny.
You didn't watch a god damned second of IDR.
>>
>>14402265
Having difficulty reading is nothing to be ashamed of, anon.
>>
>>14402265
>Stopped reading right there
Good job on being a complete fucking retard
>>
I don't understand why special effects made in the 90s look better than the video game garbage CG we have today
>>
>>14402310
Mostly nostalgia, I mean look at the original scene of NY being exploded, but they also used pratical effects in this sequel.

On a unrelated note I think most of Asia is fucking dead after the invasion, along with Britain
>>
>>14402310

Because when they blew shit up in the original film, they actually blew up real objects.
>>
>>14402495
Too bad it looked like hot garbage in the original film.

Seriously those effects were laughably bad.
>>
>>14402504
I know you want to pretend to be superior, but they really don't look bad at all.
Far better than all the CGI they piled into the second.
>>
>>14402338

Thats one of the things I was not prepared for when I went into the theater.

The scene of the Alien Ship landing on Earth? Its fucking devastating.

Its not uncommon for big blockbusters to have scenes of mass destruction and explosions and shit, but this was the first time in years that I was watching it unfold and just felt this big ball of dread sink into my gut and go "Holy shit, how can humanity come back from this?"

Its was only a momentary feeling. The rest of the movie doesn't really dwell on just how widespread the devastation is in order to focus instead on saving what is left. But it was a feel I was not expecting or prepared for.
>>
>>14402526
Nigger do I have to find a webm of the dog jumping away from the fireball to spell it out for you?
>>
>>14402547
I liked it because they didn't make a spetacle of it, they showed how the laiens were horrifyingly effective at destroying planets and why they can wage a galactic war, they swiftly shot down all the defense humanity built over 20 years in minutes and even baited them into doing the same attack they did in the first movie and when it descended the thing was just so big it flatenned cities just by flying overhead, I wish there was a pic showing just how gigantic the harvester mothership really is, it completely covered the Eurasian super continent

I honestly wish this movie is successful, I want to see more shit like this, especially since that overtechnology ball said her race has a planet hidden away with every single being on it tasked with learning how to make effective doomsday weapons and building them
>>
>>14402575
Well, it had that Chinese girl pilot for a reason. The Chinks payed enough to get Warcraft a sequel greenlit even though it only made $40 here. They'll probably give this enough money to follow up on its sequel hook to get humanity in space fighting the other harvester ships.
>>
>>14402589
Yeah, this was one of the few times I really noticed this, they had the female pilot, her uncle on the moon base and one of the council members, though I did wonder how he survived when his whole continet got razed to the ground by both earthquakes and the gravity wheel of the ship overpowering the earth gravity wheel
>>
>>14402654

They specifically mention in the movie that China was a big part of the space program/rebuilding effort.

Which actually makes sense in universe beyond pandering to China, because China actually isn't mentioned or shown during the tracking and destruction of the City Destroyers in the first movie. Simply put, China got out of the first alien war mostly intact, especially compared to other countries that lost their capitals and shit.
>>
>>14402678
They also probably just restoked in workers they had by brute force with as many childs as they could, especially since humanity stopped waging wars against one another when they saw they were peanuts in the grand scheme of space, I mean they had space stations up to Saturn or Jupiter I think
>>
>>14402589
>Warcraft sequel greenlit even though it only made $40 here

Yeah, it's crazy. I suppose it's thanks to the Chinese we have a shot at Pacific Rim 2, but the money they throw around on Western movies certainly has given Hollywood some strange messages.
>>
>>14402726
On one hand, I like that them Chinese have nerdy tastes that can help fuel my nerdy fix from Hollywood movies. On the other hand, they tend to pour a ton of money into the stupidest shit. Like Transformers.
And Hollywood is bending over backwards to pander to them. Like that character from Dr. Strange who was a Tibeten monk in the comics is now a bald white chick because China hates Tibet.
>>
>>14402745
Eh, I think American audiences poured a ton of money into Transformers too
>>
>>14398891
Ending confirmed they're going Alpha 3 in movie 3
>>
>>14402749
Until the third.
The fourth was all China all the time for their jewgolds.
>>
Hopes of it being X-Com, the movie are dashed.
>>
>>14402756
Seriously, is reading comprehension a rare ability? Holy shit
>>
>>14402756
(you)
>>
>>14402757
While cool, that would be significantly different from the first Independence Day
>>
File: hybrid-fighter.jpg (74KB, 673x502px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid-fighter.jpg
74KB, 673x502px
I only liked the mechanical design. Everything else about was terrible.

Seriously though, I wish those Overtech B-1's had more than a minutes worth of screentime, and I really wished that the human-alien hybrid fighters had more weapon variety than just pew pew laser guns.
>>
EVERY movie by Roland Emmerich is trash. The only good movie he's ever done is Stargate, and really only 1/3 of that movie is good (the other 2/3 are people just in the desert). So, in his whole career, R.E. has made 1/3 of a good movie.
>>
File: Teal'C #4.jpg (55KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
Teal'C #4.jpg
55KB, 500x373px
>>14402899

>mfw he wants to reboot stargate and retcon SG-1
>mfw it's going to be shit

Why do Germans have to ruin everything?
>>
>>14402928
Can't be worse than the retcon rampage that happened in the last few seasons
>>
>>14403000
found the retard
>>
>>14403015
>says the retard who can't even read a complete sentence
>>
File: 23247126.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
23247126.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
Rolland Emmerich made a shitty movie?

ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!
>>
>>14398891
No fucking way!
>>
>>14403087
Okay, now I know you're trolling because even a literal retard would know how to read until a period.
>>
>>14402836
Not seen the movie, but would Alien tech, shields pew pew lazers and super engines, not make pew pew lasers the de facto weapon of choice?
>>
>>14403135
no, because the pew pew guns don't seem to do anything normal weapons already do.
seriously, not even any alien tech infused missiles.
>>
File: ID4 cities damage.png (83KB, 917x717px) Image search: [Google]
ID4 cities damage.png
83KB, 917x717px
>>14402678
Just a reference for what cities got wiped out.

>>14403156
Well, we had 'cold fusion' bombs, and I don't think we even bothered to put shields on our fighters (if we even could miniaturize them enough wasn't really specified).
>>
That airshow on the moon to celebrate independebce day. Macross 2
>>
File: Jack_200.jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_200.jpg
7KB, 265x190px
>>14402942

Silly, everyone knows SG1 ended with Season 8.
>>
Screening tonight was amazing. Audience laughed and clapped at the movie. Hope the third is a go!
>>
Movie was filmed here in Albuquerque. I have to be supportive since the stars were all here!
>>
Third movie will have Macross sized aircraft carrier named USS Whitemore
>>
for part 3, the invasion will end on October 3 to coincide with the Chinese independence day.
>>
>>14402569
There are a few scenes like that which are clearly greenscreened, but most of the movie still looks fine, especially the shots of the miniature sets being exploded with real pyrotechnics.

I saw it in the theater on Thursday before they showed the sequel, and even though you can tell that it's an old movie, it was still one of the better theater experiences I've had in a good while.
>>
>>14403570
I had people leaving before it even ended.
>>
>>14401170
>Brent Spiner who must be on the prowl for a paycheck
Like most Star Trek actors, Spiner is actually a man of the stage, not a Hollywood celeb. He gets his paychecks from real acting and readings.
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (235KB, 1131x1376px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
235KB, 1131x1376px
>>14403202
Some of the logistics of the aliens are blowing my mind
>>
Sphere kun will make a synthetic body for itself bssed on humans
>>
>>14403202

Once again, Australia not even touched in a disaster movie. I guess Japan always annihilates us as a way of balancing it out.
>>
>>14404763
Hey, they took out Perth. That's something.
>>
was /tv/ telling lies when they said there was a second alien species?
>>
>>14404801
They show up first- we shoot it down (because of course we do), and we realize our mistake later on (but where were they last time? Oh, right- nonexistent until now).
>>
>>14404828

kek. no survivors?
>>
>>14404801

No. In fact, there are implied to be many more.

Basically, the 'harvester' aliens that we fought have been doing this shit for a long time, and have annihilated countless worlds. Many of which had life on them, most of which we destroyed.

One race was advanced enough to fight back, holding off the harvesters for almost a thousand years before their world was eventually overwhelmed. Only a handful of these resisting aliens survived the fall of their planet, and most have since been hunted down and killed because the harvesters consider them to be the single most dangerous thing to their galactic dominance.

Which is somewhat justified, as the remaining resistance alien has set up a sort of hodgepodge civilization on a hidden world, where is evacuated people to from planets that are about to be targeted by the harvesters, and then trains them to build and use resistance-based alien technology so that they can fight back against the harvesters.

We only see the resistance alien in this movie, but its story does imply the existence of at least a handful of other races hanging around, though probably just as refugees of destroyed worlds.
>>
>>14404828

> where were they last time?

We are given to understand there is only one of the spheres left. Given the scale of galactic operations and shit, its hard to imagine we were the ONLY world that the aliens were attacking in the 90s. The Sphere probably can't be everywhere, and has to pick who gets saved and who doesn't.
>>
>>14402745

It's a bald white chick because it's being made in Hollywood, not because China dislikes Tibet. Just be thankful they chose to make her who she is and didn't try to make Ben Kingsley Tibetan or something.
>>
>>14404864
Yeah it even says they only found about our planet thanks to the distress signal sent by one of the alien ships and they only came here to take whatever survivor they could and go away
>>
>>14404834
It warped in from a wormhole just above the moon on July 4, on the 20th anniversary, and we had just installed a brand spanking new cannon. So madame Prez and others were a little trigger happy, and kind of wrote it off when we got no life signs (for a reason) from it afterward. David, though, said "Hey, this ship looks different- maybe not shoot it down?" And when it is activated, it even says, "Hey, I came here to help, and you shoot me down with the enemy's weapon?"
>>
>>14404929
It doesn't help that it appeared just hours after the Saturn moon base along with the moon itself got obliterated
>>
the bad:
>no drunken pilot kids
>no lesser baldwin guy
>only a few still images of Will Smith
>no good lines during obligatory 'fly into it and explode' scene
>boring mass dogfight scene
>mixed bag of 'new generation' pilots
>America does everything, no holdout forces around the world willing to fight and important to the wider victory
>literally a ticking clock to doomsday
>I was promised fireworks. Will Smith delivered last movie, but no one did this movie.

The good:
>Jewish father is still the same old crazy jewish father, and oddly level headed throughout.
>You have to kill them from behind
>Motherfucking Data returns, gets pants, and why did they put his laser on the top shelf?
>Old crackpot pilot flies a bomb into the alien ship.
>Neat human fighters
>Based secret service guy knows who should fly the bomb

You can't really beat the drunken pilot's last words, and ultimately I think they knew that going into this movie.
>>
>>14398891
>I don't know if this really is /m/ related
If you have to ask this question, it's not /m/
>>
>>14402836
Looks like the qwaher
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
I hate this film but I stand by my opinion that I had after watching the trailers that holy fuck would it be easy for someone, probably Sony honestly, to make a Macross/Robotech movie. Look at some of those dogfights, look at those fleets. It would be incredible

I mean it would be shit because "Hollywood doing live-action anime" but still, visually it would be pretty cool
>>
>>14405457
The dogfights in the film are absolute trash and have no sense of speed whatsoever, which is made even worse by the incredibly weak sound effect they chose to use for the beam weapons.
>>
>>14405359
>Neat human fighters
Literally More than a decade since the last invasion and they didn't improve on those guys aside from being sort-of transatmospheric. They're like FF-3 Saberfish fighters.
>>
>>14404899
Marvel admitted that's why they made the change: to appease the Chinks.
>>
>>14405636
>to appease the Chinks
China really has a chokehold of Hollywood these days.
>>
>>14405641
The first rule of show business is that it is, above all else, a business. And when China is dropping tons of money for movies while Americans lag behind, it's little wonder they adapt to where the money is.
>>
>>14405648
Still funny they actually SOLD a movie establishment to a chinese company though.
>>
>>14398891
Oh wow a sequel to a movie that didn't need a sequel to begin with and got it 20 years later without the lead from the first one sucks?

No fucking way.
>>
>>14405674
>without the lead from the first one

But Jeff Goldblum is in the movie
>>
>>14405674

Smith isn't in the movie because he chose Suicide Squad over this movie. He was included in the original script as a sort of father-son storyline but since Emmerich hired two younger writers they flipped the plot to be about a newer, younger generation taking over. In short: Smith was unnecessary, hence him being killed off testing the tech.
>>
>>14405674
All it needed to do was be dumb but still fun.
Instead it was just dumb.
>>
>>14405734
I meant Will Smith, but I guess Jeff is just as much a lead if not more in retrospect.

Okay so original black man with one liners.
>>
>>14405766
Didn't Smith also try to insist on Jaden in the role of the kid?
>>
>>14405772

I think he did and some places announced it but they they announced Jesse Usher taking the role as a "step-son".

Also, apparently India gets a white card for destruction from the movie:

Well, Indians are too touchy. Keeping the sensitivities of all the religious groups and other activists in mind, the makers were asked not to shoot in India or portray any prominent monuments being damaged.
>>
>>14405799
DESIGNATED STREETS FOR INVADING
>>
>>14405799
Honestly if they had to have that inbred jackass so Will Smith could be in the movie I'm glad they let go of him, his kid literally cannot act and I don't know why he keeps insisting on forcing the little shit on movies
>>
>>14403918
Maybe Maduro insulted them. It's what he usually does.
>>
File: MegazordCantHandleThis.png (3MB, 1831x601px) Image search: [Google]
MegazordCantHandleThis.png
3MB, 1831x601px
>>14401683
I was amazed how this movie took what little Robotech actually did on its own and ran like a motherfucker with it. The whole thing is a mesh of what Macross did, molded in with what would later be what makes up Robotech's universe. In fact, you can pretty much say that ID4 is an AU to Robotech altogether at this point.

If the Robotech LAM wasn't fucked already, it certainly is now. There's actually very little they can do to adapt around this without sounding even remotely similar.
>>
>>14405464
I had to laugh at that.
Its like some audio engineer just picked the most generic "laser gun" sfx he could find.
>>
>>14402310
You said it yourself, m8.
>special effects
Special effects always look better than CG, because they're real.
>>
>>14401683
>>14407907
Spoil me, how close to Macross/Robotech is it?
>>
File: air_force_one_2.jpg (108KB, 450x294px) Image search: [Google]
air_force_one_2.jpg
108KB, 450x294px
>>14402310
Contrary to what most people may believe, there was actually very little CGI used in the original Independence Day. Most of the dogfights and spaceship scenes were model work with digital enhancements to either multiply planes, add textures, or quick fixes. Even Air Force One was a model.

These days, making models and such is too time-consuming and a reliability on production costs. Studios would act like such assholes when they find out about how much it took to construct something, and then hound the crew about how delicate these things are and should be taken care of, and then further shit themselves when they found out the other props that would be made for blowing up and action stunts.

Unless you're just super patriotic about the craft, no need to deal with that shit when you can just construct a CGI model, save it, and do whatever with it later.
>>
File: 1462473290051.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462473290051.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>14408107
Humanity unites against alien threat, takes alien tech to enhance their own weapons, and starts spreading out into the stars after a cataclysmic attack on their home planet.
>>
>>14408107
The movie takes place after a massive alien invasion that nearly wiped out the Earth save for a last-minute victory, and the humans use the alien tech to enhance their weapons with improved space-fearing jet fighters and enormous beam cannons using Dr. Okuns scientists and research (hints of Macross, also Okun is Dr. Emil Lang). Humans are wiping up the last form of hostile aliens left on Earth across the globe with various militia cells providing backup (Malcontent Uprisings). It is discovered from a damaged reawakened ship that a distress call was sent out to the hive fleet before the invasion was lost. (Coming of the Robotech Masters and the Invid). Okun reawakens and has mental feedback from his psychic assault by an alien in the previous film that cause him to interpret alien symbols and prohecies digitally implanted in his brain (Again, its Dr. Lang's encounter with the SDF-1's computer that beams knowledge into his brain on how to reconfigure alien technology and shit). It is also discovered that the alien race is a hive race with a psychic queen, and her soldiers are fleshy aliens encased in armed bio-organic suits that drain planets of their resources and use it to enhance themselves(The Invid and The Regiss, along with their conquest of tearing planets apart for protoculture). Humanity is also visited by an alien whose race is so sophisticated that they reconfigured themselves into cybernetic shells (Haydonites). This alien has had other races (The Sentinels) from other planets (The 'Local Group' from Sol System) that were ravaged the hive aliens in a massive campaign of conquest (Invid tore the shit out of the Sol System) and and has them gathered on a secret planet where it shares its tech and trains these aliens to fight against the hive horde. Naturally humanity is recruited to lead the charge to bring the fight to hive (Expeditionary Force aids Sentinels in liberating their planets).
>>
Deculture
>>
>>14398891
Sad yet true, so much potential for awesomeness
>>
>>14401041
>calling a Hollywood blockbuster trash
K
>>
my verdict: better than batman vs Superman, worse than the Warcraft movie
>>
Honestly I thought it was okay for what it was
>>
>>14404929
What was even the point of that?
>>
>>14408716
>better than absolute shit, worse than shit
That tells me a lot.
>>
>>14408225
Holy shit that's insane
>>
>>14408149

those things ugly as hell.

i thought i saw a ball in the trailer--did i see a ball?
>>
>>14398891
Ha I remember the first one fondly. I watched it with my family when I was a kid in summer 96? One of those small town cinemas you don't see anymore. Long closed down. My dad was still alive.
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>14409374
Yeah, a kind of hyper advance alien species who digitized themselves to survive and better fight the harvest hivemind, humanity nearly kills the last one because they were already expecting the aliens from the first movie to come and the ball one just jumped through a wormhole on their lunar base
>>
I didn't like it either, OP. The action was pretty bland, the comedy was terrible, and the plot was pants-on-head-retarded (although I fully expected this). There were some good things, like the Robotech/Macross similarities other anons already pointed out but at the end of the day it all feels like wasted potential.
>>
>>14403595
was I the only one that really wanted the planes to go full valkyrie?
>>
>>14409833
Good old "Nuke them first, ask questions later".
>>
>>14410187
Which is a pretty bad way to initiate first contact with an alien race that is potentially far more advanced...
>>
>>14410290
When your first contact is with a race of locusts that destroys your monuments, it's understandable to be a little trigger happy.
>>
>>14410290
if they're that advanced and come in peace then they'll be willing to forgive
>>
>>14410364
Well they did forgive, not before asking what the fuck is wrong with them, but after watching the results of their efforts the aliens let that slide
>>
>>14402942
>>14403557
I actually didn't mind Browdergate. He's a cool guy. Farscape was nice.

The only Stargate that gets my hackles up is Universe. Fuck literally everything about that show. All of it.
>>
>>14410565
>The only Stargate that gets my hackles up is Universe. Fuck literally everything about that show. All of it.
Goddamn and it even had a interesting premise, except nothing on it was stargate at al, it really makes me think they just put stargate on it because they couldn't get funding otherwise
>>
File: 1454211937527.png (1MB, 1169x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454211937527.png
1MB, 1169x800px
>>14398891
so was the original ID
>>14401161
you underestimate china. they have more people factories and nukes and money than usa. sure they are yellow and smell funny that doesnt mean they can't go to space and fight aliens
>>14401194
agreed
>>14401683
maybe its just been too long since i've seen macross, but I get a way more mass effect vibe from this movie.
>>14405457
why would you even say "macross/robotech" and why would you want live a action anime its like you don't understand what cringe is
>>14405464
I don't think you understand what a dogfight really is. its not about speed dipshit
also I can slice you with a beam katana that sounds like a wet sloppy dick
>>14405769
you literally pulled that critics quote off of the fucking wikipedia page
>>14407907
people are proud to even talk about robotech on /m/ now? its like I left and came back but this time theres an extra helping of cancer and all the white blood cells are just like, fuck this shit
>>
File: 1458729847952.png (170KB, 403x393px) Image search: [Google]
1458729847952.png
170KB, 403x393px
>>14412564
>dogfights aren't about speed
>china has more nukes and money than america
please don't say stupid shit like this
>>
>>14412588
well shit dawg you got me

i mean without speed literally nothing would move the universe would end
>>
File: mig gets wrecked.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mig gets wrecked.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>14412826
dogfights are literally all about the conservation of kinetic energy, or in retard terms, speed.
being slow is a good way to end up dead.
>>
>>14402899

I forgot he did Stargate.

All I remember about that movie was I think Kurt Russel was in it.
>>
>>14403202
>Mogadishu wiped out

How could anyone tell?
>>
>>14404772
We should probably bake them a pavlova for that.
>>
>>14403202
>Only one Spanish city was attacked
>Only Portugal attack was Maccau
So Iberia strong after the war?
>>
>>14412902
i guess thats why the fastest planes always win in a dogfight
>>
>>14405465
They have lasers and can fly to the moon on a short timescale.
>>
>>14413104
>Your hometown will never be destroyed by alien invaders.
Haha, yeah, t-take that americans
;_;
>>
I always liked the ID4 ayylmaos.
Awesome design and interesting
>>
If they aliums kept drilling for a couple more minutes they could've at least scored a Pyrrhic victory.

If they blew up the stupid huge mothership instead of fucking off I'm pretty sure they'd kill everyone anyway.
>>
>>14401046

It's biggest problem is that it has a couple scenarios that could've been fucking amazing (african warlord trying to wage guerilla warfare against grounded psychic aliens while isolated from the rest of the world, pilots get downed in a living ecosystem inside a mothership and have to fight their way out) and just does nothing with them.

Fuck I don't think I even remembered anyone's name from the movie.
>>
This whole concept has/had potential, and the aliens are interesting. If there is a third movie, I will probably watch it as well.
>>
I heard taht this movie was supposed to be a two parter thats why tehres a lot of shit going on and no time to explain bullshit and expand.

Also the funniest scene in this movie was imo the moment when this negro was hovering in his plane near hospitals roof and was watching his mother die instead of coming closer with his machine and pulling her inside a cockpit. He had a lot of fucking time to do anything, but he was just watching and waitin when chopper will get her. Fucking idiot.
>>
Why are reviewers like it's the worst movie ever when it's just an OK B movie?
>>
>>14414244

It's a pretty stupid movie, but if you've got some friends and some good alcohol, it'd be fun to riff on I guess.
>>
Also it's not any worse than Pacific Rim and that one is loved.
>>
>>14412564
>people are proud to even talk about robotech on /m/ now? its like I left and came back but this time theres an extra helping of cancer and all the white blood cells are just like, fuck this shit
Its not that people are proud to talk about robotech, its that this move came out of literally nowhere and stoled whatever thunder that nebulous robotech movie could have had
>>
>>14414302

It's way worse than Pacific Rim. PR at least knew how to pace itself properly and had memorable characters you cared about.
>>
>>14413861
They more or less won though, there were already quakes going on, so they already damaged the crust pretty badly and the ship going back asap is a safety measure by the aliens so that no one gets their planet destroyers, when the commanding queen dies it flies immediately to the nearest queen to receive orders
>>
>>14414312
>had memorable characters you cared about
pls
>>
>>14414302
I'm no fan of Pacific Rim, but at least the action had some weight to it. The action in the this was really bland. The characters in both are on the same level of forgettable though.
>>
>>14413861
Wasn't it just a matter of seconds by the time the queen got killed?
>>
Queen was stronger than anything that came before. She took a shit ton of nukes point blank inside spherical shield where force accumulated even more and she survived this shit. She took control of every starship in the valley, almost raped mentally psykers and reached her target. Fucking monster. Send a bunch of those and earthlings will never recover.
>>
So the queen is essentially a Tyranid Synapse Creature?
>>
>>14414592
The movie was full of plot holes. One fighter could take out her shield. She let herself to get attacked even though she could mind control the fighters.
>>
>>14415110
I would rather say that her shield had it's limit and all those nukes took most of it's power and fighter only finished the rest of the remaining power in it. Seems legit to me. And it was human fighter that took out the shield. Alien fighters were blowing up her space suit.
>>
>>14413254
Well yeah, the F-15 is pretty fast, and that's got a 105-0 kill record.
>>
>>14415110
M8, she had just tanked a super nuke point blank, the thing was strong enough to destroyed her whole command ship and I don't remember her being able to mind control pilots?
>>
>>14412902
>dogfights are literally all about the conservation of kinetic energy, or in retard terms, speed.

It's about the conservation of energy in general, so altitude also matters.

>>14413254
They usually do. A faster plane with a higher service ceiling will rekt slower, more maneuverable planes that can't climb as well.

Not least because they get to choose when, and if, a dogfight happens.
>>
I saw this shit on Sunday. It was basically Robotech meets Falling Skies except even worse than those 2. How the fuck is this even more bland the 1st film? No quotable lines or awesome moments to meme.

And the China asskissing was really prevalent with the PRC being seen as an equal partner in the Defense Force and the lunar station being commanded by a chink. The fucking milk that Liam Hemsworth ordered was even Chinese.
>>
File: INDEPENDENCE-DAY-43.jpg (159KB, 1673x749px) Image search: [Google]
INDEPENDENCE-DAY-43.jpg
159KB, 1673x749px
>>14416056
That is because the moon is being administered by the chinks while the global adminsitration is being done by the americans
>>
>>14416184
I get that, but it's sickening how the PRC is depicted as America's buddy in fiction lately like The Martian for instance. Those autistic cockroaches are constantly scheming to fuck the West over so that they can rule the roost. They may not be our enemy but they sure as hell aren't our friend.
>>
>>14416211
Mind you I'm not defending the chinks but the martian thing had happened in the book first and that is because the chinks still give a bit of a fuck about going to space and that it
>>
>they didn't even try to upload a virus
>>
>>14416228
I know, I read the novel before the movie came out. It's asinine as fuck to see Hollywood bend over backwards to suck on china dick yet they're notoriously adverse to casting Asians in meaningful roles.

>>14416252
Chalk it up to the aliens probably figuring out that weakness.

You know what they could've explored? Bio warfare. Why not develop a plague that specifically targets those aliens? They've had 20 years to study all those dead aliens as well as those prisoners.
>>
>>14416252
The aliens wised up to quite a bit of their tactics that worked in the first movie, they baited them into trying to make a suicide run on the inside of the ship so they could control the detonation of the bombs and trace back to the human command center, after they did both they just send a contigent of their aliens utterly wiped out the whole Cheyene mountain
>>
>>14416466
Yeah they were pretty sneaky. I was shocked over the personal shields reveal even though it made plenty of sense.
>>
>>14416284
>You know what they could've explored? Bio warfare. Why not develop a plague that specifically targets those aliens? They've had 20 years to study all those dead aliens as well as those prisoners.

I wish they developed more how the psychic shit worked. I can't believe that there's only one specialist who decided to study that after the events of the first movie, and goddamn I want some psykers in this crazy-ass sci-fi setting.
>>
>>14416627
That too. Surely somebody would've hit upon the idea of psychic warfare and try to develop countermeasures.
>>
>>14416627
>>14417124
This is going to lead into some Imperium of Man shit, isnt it?
>>
>>14417137

That was my thought too.
>>
>>14416627
>>14417137
>>14417450

I was thinking about that after the movie and how they would expand the plot based on where Resurgence leaves off. Obviously they want to go as "HUMANITY, FUCK YEAH" as possible but just making Humanity awesome because of "spirit" or "adaptability" is boring and played out. If you want to make humans special and justify why they'd be critical to the technologically-advanced resistance other than shock troops, why not make them the only species that can develop that psychic connection.
>>
When you watch destruction scenes or dogfights it's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on.
>>
>>14401161
Trump, please.
>>
>>14417481
I think XCOM (the remakes) went through that route--the bad guys, the Ethereals were interested in humanity because humans were the only species they found that had both psychic potential and strong, capable physical bodies.
>>
I like how you can tell the alien sphere waifu is friendly because it looks like a shitty consumer electronic made in China. I was actually waiting for them to zoom in on an alien Apple logo.
>>
>>14418656

Well shit, I've never played X-Com. Weird coincidence.
>>
>>14412564
>they have more
>people
yes
>factories
yup
>nukes
haha no.
>money than usa.
hummm, probably not.

>that doesnt mean they can't go to space and fight aliens
Their space program is years behind the US, Russian or even ESA programs. The chicom shits can get in to orbit in a capsule, but they sure as shit won't be fighting any one up there.

China could be great, but that isn't going to happen until they get rid of the current communist party, get some better leaders, get rid of their culture of corruption (haha), and a decent university system that actually rewards new thinking.
>>
>dat ending
WE MASSS EFFECT.
>also americans leading alien refugees
kek'd so hard
>>
better than any micheal bay movie
>>
>>14401161
china owns hollywood now
>>
>>14414244
they usually do that to any dumb fun movies
>>
>>14419143
inb4 they turn the Iowa into a space Battleship Yamato expy in the next one
>>
The biggest problem I had was that everything felt rushed and anti climatic.

At least China didn't play any part besides the moon base while you faggots were whining how the movie is all about China.
>>
>>14419146
bullshit, 13 hours to benghazi had great action sequences
the rock was great too
>>
>>14412564
Please tell me you are just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>14401683
>it was pretty interesting that what ultimately won wasn't PATRIOTISM

Then wtf is even the point?
>>
>bug aliens use telepathy
>not having someone connected to them who can jam it with singing
so close
>>
>>14419372
The ChiComs were given too much of a role as a major player. The qt chink pilot was okay but typical Asian waifu for nerdy white guy schtick.
>>
File: 1344781334380.jpg (243KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1344781334380.jpg
243KB, 791x1024px
>>14407907
I was wondering for a second why you said Land Air Mech. Oh you meant Live Action Movie. That'll never happen.
>>
>>14403888
>Prowl for a paycheck
Ever since the syndication rules changed like 30-40 years ago, actors get royalties each time a show gets broadcast in syndication. Most TNG actors could stop working and have a VERY decent living, unlike the actors of TOS.
>>
>>14414244
I don't understand all the hate either. I thought it was alright, and not much worse than the original.

Goldblum, Hirsch, and Pullman still owned, the African warlord was pretty cool, and the bumbling accountant guy was better than I expected. The other new characters were mostly forgettable though.

Maybe I'm just old, but it seems like everyone is so full of hyperbole and extreme reactions nowadays. It's either "holy shit GOAT" or "absolute garbage." Throw in some "literally dying" too.

>>14405799
>I think he did and some places announced it but they they announced Jesse Usher taking the role as a "step-son".
The kid in the first movie was his step son too. Will Smith was just dating his mom. It's the same character, but it's not played by Nicky this time.
>>
>>14429444
Neeeeerrrrrrrrrrrd
>>
>>14419229
You mean they're going to make a USS Whitmore Macross carrier
>>
>>14419465
He's drakeposting, he's either pretending to be or is legitimately retarded
>>
>>14407907
>Robotech
But it came way before this ID?
>>
>>14435090
No one gives a fuck about it except a few delusional retards and their jew overlords and now thanks to ID being somewhat successful it just means that the movie that the robotechfags keep screaming about will only be called a ripoff at best
>>
>>14398891
Sounds better than I expected.
>>
>>14416211
>They may not be our enemy
The hell they aren't. You just fucking said they're scheming to fuck us constantly.
>>
>>14431027

I'm legit retarded
>>
>>14403888

How the hell is his character alive anyway. Is that explained.
>>
>>14438370
I believe it was implied to be a clone. They didn't really expand on him. I guess they forgot he died in the last movie and assumed everyone else would too.
>>
>>14438370
>>14438458
He was in a coma since. One of his assistants always brought him flowers, talked to him, and even knit him a small scarf it was supposed to be a sweater.
>>
>>14401683
>jewish grandpa lived
Shit, it seems he didn't age a damn year since the War of '96...
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.