[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the strongest mecha in video games? I know skells aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 18

File: xenoblade x wallpaper.jpg (678KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade x wallpaper.jpg
678KB, 2560x1440px
What is the strongest mecha in video games?

I know skells aren't just love the image.
>>
File: ZOE.jpg (421KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZOE.jpg
421KB, 1280x720px
ZoE Orbital frames are pretty strong. they may not be strongest since SRW is a video game and its got planet crushers
>>
File: XCplot007.png (433KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
XCplot007.png
433KB, 683x384px
>>14393918
Well, since you brought up Xenoblade there is the Mechonis, what with it being the body of a god and all.

One of its attacks is forecasted by the game's prescience system at one point. The potential damage is listed as a mobius strip.
>>
>>14393926
Really, Jehuty and Anubis at least are strong as all fuck, Jehuty because it has access to a weapon that fires compressed space t odestroy targets while Anubis powered up by Aumann could probably do something similar

And on the Xeno side of things I think the strongest would be Deus since he is a weapon made to wage galactic wars

Of course if you put SRW then there is literally no contest since it has galaxy destroying monsters
>>
>>14393918
Demonbane.
>>
skells are fucking sexy
>>
>>14394051
this
>>
>>14394051
This

>>14393918
In a metaphorical sense, Metal Wolf is the most powerful on account of its pilot being the President of this Great United States of America

I would absolutely love to see SRW make an adorable attempt at having Metal Wolf Chaos make any sense when part of a larger conflict
>>
I was going to say Weltall because it has access to the Wave Existence, but then I forgot that Demonbane got a fighting game sequel.
>>
>>14394098
metal wolf chaos doesn't make sense anyway, the whole plot is MICHAEL and RHICARD
>>
File: xenogearsendofcausalityb.png (337KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
xenogearsendofcausalityb.png
337KB, 500x500px
I'm going to go with the Xenogears

I've never played any game with a mech more powerful (or cool looking)
>>
>>14393918
The Robobot is up there, since it can theoretically absorb anything mechanical. Seriously though, that final battle was a trip.
>>
>>14394045
I think Deus is technically a human creation, right? Just one by post-singularity humans that might as well be aliens.
>>
File: Concept-art-of-Mata-Nui-2.png (195KB, 657x399px) Image search: [Google]
Concept-art-of-Mata-Nui-2.png
195KB, 657x399px
>>14393918
Well Mata-nui is in almost every Bionicle game, and he is one gigantic fucker with a lot of brawn and intergalactic travel.
>>
File: Aste.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aste.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>>14393918
Astebreed has the, well, Astebreed. It looks pretty nice and is pretty damn powerful, it's capable of this weird space-time modification shit That never gets explained well and has a big ol' sword because who doesn't these days.
>>
>>14394630
Holy shit, I remember shitting bricks at that image, it foretold one of the biggest plot reveals in a toylines story ever.
>>
ACFA NEXTs might very well be strongest normal (not magic or reality wraping god machines) mechs i've seen.
They've got that whole
>nothing personell kid
Thing going with their stupid speed levels and laser katanas. I'm fairly sure they are fastest videogame mecha.
>>
>>14397053
>bricks
>Legos
Thank you for my lost sides, Anon
>>
Getter Emperor appears in SRW in Shin Getter's Shine Spark attack.
Elder God Demonbane comes from a VN
STTGL also appears in SRWZ3
>>
>>14396810
The power of cute twin imoutos is enough to do anything.
>>
>>14394630
>>14397053
>tfw your god is the planet
it was truly some awe inspiring shit
>>
Bangai-O.

It's the giant robot clown car of missile spam.

Hell, missile spam is an understatement of what Bangai-O does. Anything thrown at it is just converted into missiles thrown back at the enemy, and this is on top of an ability to just shit missiles as it pleases.

Sometimes the missiles are several times larger than Bangai-O itself. Don't ask me how that works, it's fucking Bangai-O. Fucker makes its own rules.

>>14393970
You're looking for the term 'lemniscate.'
>>
>>14397651
It helps that one of Bangai-O's source of inspirations was goddamned Ideon.
http://www.mechadamashii.com/features/features-bangai-o-origins/
>>
Didn't you already try to make this on /v/
>>
>>14397073
NEXTS are definitely up there. They can jet around at mach 1, repel varying degrees of fire with their primal armour, even there regular armour can take a fair beating, and stray shots from their weapons can demolish skyscrapers (since they were designed to damage other NEXTs).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltUddSMTMQs

I think Orbital Frames still beat them out in tech though.
>>
>>14398343
>repel varying degrees of fire with their primal armour

it's more that kojima radiation corrodes matter; what should've been a solid shot becomes more akin to a beanbag to the face.

So while physical rounds will still hut, they'll hurt a lot less.
>>
>>14398406
Not quite. I recall it was more that in sufficient density (and when charged) Kojima particles would act like a solid wall to matter moving at a high enough speed, sort of like a non-Newtonian fluid. The degree to which they work depends on the game. In 4A they blunt rounds all the time, whereas in 4 a strong enough primal armour can actually neutralise a weak enough hit entirely at slight meter cost. I guess in setting you could take this as development of better anti-primal armour ammunition or something.
>>
>>14393918
Kira piloting the Strike Freedom
>>
>>14394132
yes brother

I feel you
>>
Xenogears.

That thing can think reality out of existence.
>>
>>14393918
What's the closest Skell to a Scopedog in XcX?
>>
File: 1466796453360.jpg (96KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466796453360.jpg
96KB, 345x500px
>>14393918
>skells
I'm still mad
>>
>>14404356
makes more sense than Dolls
>>
>>14404408
not in slightest
>>
>>14404456
yes it does

>exoskeleton

if you want to use the "played by human", it should be Puppet or Marion, not Doll
>>
>>14404471
>giant robots equal exoskeletons
the fuck are you doing on this board.
>>
>>14404553
>giant robots equal dolls

at least the exoskeleton is roughly there
>an outer shell to cover your body
>>
>>14404694
still better than skeleton extention
you are dumb
>>
>>14404711
how is it better when Skell fits more

are you going to defend the gibberish English for the squad names too
>>
>>14404408
Except it doesn't.
>>
>>14404744
you better state a position other than "nuh-uh" otherwise you're sounding like those fags from /v/
>>
>>14404750
Nah. You seem pretty resistent to logic and I'd rather not waste my time on trying to make the blind see.
>>
>>14404759
>resistent

also nigga I simply stated my position as to why Skell fits, you on the other hand just continued to shake with "no you" while trying to go for the "well you won't listen anyway!" reasoning to hide the fact that you have nothing to go with

but then again because you made that point, you are right that it is fruitless to pursue as many a 4chan argument goes on with that path
>>
>>14404733
treehouse, plz
>>
>>14404798
and we finally got to the truth of the matter haven't we, the reason they can't accept why Skells is superior yet can't seem to explain why they hate it

fyi treehouse didn't localize XBX, in fact many games people assume treehouse localized, they didn't
>>
>>14404765
>you are right
Thanks, man. You may not agree with it, but it's good that you can accept the truth.
>>
>>14404809
oh u

anyway, glad you people confirmed that you cared not about substance but more on the treehouse boogeyman that you most likely think Bravely Default 2 changes were done by treehouse too
>>
>>14404805
8-4, plz
you are not much better
>>
>>14398426
KP radiation being responsible for exposed environments being reduced to desert wastelands argues that Primal Armor's effectiveness is a result of it disintegrating any matter that passes through it, at varying rates depending on field strength.

Essentially, by the time a bullet hits a NEXT, it has been structurally compromised to the point it's comparable to a frangible round, lacking the cohesiveness of structure needed to impart the kinetic energy required to punch through the armor, and instead breaking apart on the surface dealing significantly reduced damage.
>>
>>14404733
>>14404805
If I wanted to use 1960's New Yorker slang for my robot, I could surely find a more relevant and less obnoxious term for it than "skell".
>>
>>14404833
obviously (that FE:A rewriting of Henry)

but again, the whole argument relies on ad hominem than actual providing substance

>>14404865
what's next, telling me lame is offensive?
>>
>>14404869
only two types of people will defend "skell" term
those who come up with it
and those who know shit about giant robot genre.
take your pick
>>
>>14404878
>and those who know shit about giant robot genre

again, nice ad hominem
>>
>>14404869
>what's next, telling me lame is offensive?
OK, Adam Henry, you win everything forever
>>
>>14404880
>>
>>14404894

>>14404880
>>
>>14404896
that doesn't make "knows shit about giant robot genre"

or are you goint the tf2wiki faggotry level and insist it's a reference even if it isn't? let me remind you that Takahashi has a tendency to put pointless christian references and vaguely makes them related (see: monado), rather than mecha shows itself
>>
File: Nosoroh.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nosoroh.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
Rate my giant robot.
>>
File: turnagundam_released (1).jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
turnagundam_released (1).jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>>14404909
then you are from 8-4
simple as that.
be proud of your made up term which will never be used again, aside of maybe direct X sequel localizations.
that's as far as your creativity goes, to shit on other peoples work. Happy?
>>
>>14404925
glad to know you only rely on ad hominem rather than providing substantial argument

the game has flaws like shitty dead faces especially potato Lin and changes of certain items like the fundoshi, but name changes are far from it
>>
>>14404949
>ad hominem
glad to know that you looked up new word in a dictionary and use it on the left and right
>>
>>14404953
says the guy who probably doesn't know it since he doesn't realize he committed it repeatedly in his posts

every fucking time when someone realizes they're losing their ground they're doing the same reply pattern of posting anything other than the argument
>>
>>14404962
cause it's not fun to argue with brick wall
I lost all my will around time of western release.
>>
File: Xenogears.png (1MB, 1092x1683px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears.png
1MB, 1092x1683px
>>
>>14404974
so you didn't even try to play the game

please tell me you didn't really think those squad names in Japanese are pretty good, or the original meaning of BLADE for that matter
>>
>>14404979
150+ hours in JP release
300 hours in western release
Skell is a shit term.
>>
>>14404987
again, explain why is it a shit term

honestly I would even settle for "I just don't like it"
>>
>>14404992
cause it replaces perfectly fine term which has quite a share of uses already.
with something some faggot who doesn't know shit about giant robots came up with. Why that faggot doesn't know shit about giant robots? cause exo-skell-eton explanation makes no sense when it comes to piloted mobile suits.
because exoskeletons don't have cockpits.
so yeah
you are dumb
>>
>>14405003
The term Doll is used in the in-game context of characters controlling an external body though. That is retarded, since we have actual terms for that (like I said, puppet or marion). Skell isn't as refined but at least the concept of having an extra protection over the fake body is there, especially when you consider that you still venture on the wild while "wearing" it.

Your defense for Doll relies specifically on mecha references when the game itself don't do that, which is my other point.
>>
Why the fuck did they even change "Doll" to "Skell". I could understand for the gibberish english name but for the term "Doll" ?
>>
>>14405017
not manly enough
>>14405014
>Your defense for Doll relies specifically on mecha references when the game itself don't do that, which is my other point.
you are real dumb
>>
>>14405031
>you are real dumb

glad to know you have nothing valuable to say
>>
>>14405036
you seem to know smart words
too bad you are real dumb when it comes to actual logic.
8-4 would happily have you abroad, go send a resume

I mean really? Concept of cockpit doesn't exist in Xenoblade X? Do you read what you are typing?
I mean I met dumb people. But you take it on another level, I real hope you just doing it for (You)s.
>>
>>14405042
because I am bringing you up again, this keypoint

>Your defense for Doll relies specifically on mecha references when the game itself don't do that.

the closest they have are references to Xenosaga (like some of the blueprint designs) but otherwise the terms they have are on their own

you insist that a terminology used by other mecha is applicable here when they do their own shit

also since when did I say there is no cockpit? are you also blind?
>>
>>14405054
>conveniently dropping off why Skell doesn't makes sense and attacking Doll term itself
we got it, you are too manly to play with dolls.
now shush
>>
>>14405061
wow, you really are blind

>Skell isn't as refined but at least the concept of having an extra protection over the fake body is there, especially when you consider that you still venture on the wild while "wearing" it.
>>
Christ what is this Valvrager-tier bullshit.

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>14405062
>>Skell isn't as refined but at least the concept of having an extra protection over the fake body is there, especially when you consider that you still venture on the wild while "wearing" it.
GUYS
TANKS ARE NOW SKELLS
SPACESHIPS ARE SKELLS TOO
APC ARE SKELLS AS WELL
AND BUNKERS ARE SKELLS
EVERYTHING IS A SKELL CAUSE IT PROTECTS BODY

so yeah, you are dumb and your argument makes no sense at all.
8-4 plz. get back to work instead of shitposting already. Just keep in mind that you are complete trash when it comes to translations
>>
>>14405071
The worst part is they both type with lower-case, so it's probably just a samefag hoping to bait someone in, and I can't help but feel sad.
>>
>>14405081
wow, so you're not blind but you have a terrible reading comprehension too

it's like you forgot that I said Skell isn't as refined as a term, but is serviceable in the context of the game!
>>
>>14405089
yeah yeah
spaceships are just accessory you wear to protect your body from space
I got ya
>but is serviceable in the context of the game!
for dumb idiots like you who can't back off after realizing how dumb exoskeleton explanations is.
because you can't possibly be wrong. gotta defend your honor as a creative idea-guy
>>
File: 1465483619897.jpg (173KB, 939x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465483619897.jpg
173KB, 939x960px
>>14393918
>>
>>14405104
so now you even go to slippery slope after the hyperbole, amazing how everything rolls down on you just to show how you lack the ability to grasp on context
>>
>>14405115
>ignoring that his definition of skell works literally for everything and also makes no sense
>trying to write it off on hyperbola because accepting defeat is not manly enough
reaaaaaaaaal dumb
>>
>>14405118
but it doesn't work that way now doesn't it, since they have specific terms for every craft there, that the skell is specifically for the mecha
>>
>>14405122
yeah, and it's a shit term
and your explanation why it is used makes no sense regardless for what it used aside of actual exoskeletons/power armors.
and your explanation why Doll can't be used sucks as much.
you just hate losing, idea-guy.
go write a fanfic
>>
>>14405127
Except it does. It is the only machine they have for venturing Mira. It is literally their exoskeleton of their actual exoskeleton in the game. The closest are the choppers yet they barely get around.

>also he thinks arguments are about winning and losing

now I really know someone just exclusively "discuss" on 4chan
>>
>>14405135
>It is literally their exoskeleton
You
are
fucking
dumb

exoskeletons don't have cockpits, your argument is invalid
end of discussion
>>
>>14405140
>exoskeletons don't have cockpits

so now we found another crux of the problem, some guy thinking his definition is correct

this is as bad as saying Godzilla is not /m/
>>
>>14405135
Exoskeletons are worn not piloted. They're designed to augment a person's natural strength.
>>
>>14405159
exoskeleton at its raw definition is just an outer protective covering
>>
>>14405150
>trying to redefine such common terms as exoskeleton just to save his face
now I'm absolute certain that you either from 8-4 or you know someone who is.
Please, for the love of god, stop making games worse by your creativity
nobody, ever will thank you for it, will not remember you for it in a good way.
You always will be someone to be laughed on.
Only reason games you localized are talked about in a good way among niche community - that's because you didn't manage to fuck those games enough to stop other people caring about great games.
>>
>>14405165
wow so you are that faggot who thinks Godzilla is not /m/
>>
>>14405169
>everyone I disagree with must be one person
I never watched any godzilla movie in my life and never cared for it.
As far I'm concerned, at least mecha-godzilla is /m/, pure idea/design wise
but whatever makes you feel better about yourself, idea-guy
>>
>>14405182
hey I'm just trying to emulate your style because you simply can't grasp the explanation and have to rely on ad-hominem, or in layman terms as you seem to hate "big words", name-calling
>>
>>14405163
>just an outer protective covering
So basically you're defining the term so broadly that it can apply to things that are defiantly not exoskeletons like skin?
>>
>>14405191
and I can't believe that someone can be this dumb to defend shit term aside of people who created it.
But I guess world filled with think-alikes more than I'd hoped for.
>>14405193
judging by his logic - any protected vehicle is exoskeleton.
>>
>>14405193
I'm using it in context with the game though.

They already have terms for the other machinery, like the mothership and other spacecraft. You only venture outside with your mecha, which acts as your protection.

There's no need to twist or do mental gymnastics like this guy does in order not to see it. >>14405195
>>
>>14405200
>muh vision
>>
I wish our mods did things.
>>
>>14404356

At some point I just stopped caring and called them skells.
>>
>>14404837
Kojima particles are most definitely corrosive, as evidenced by their reducing your own AP in areas like Kojima power plants, but I'm not sure they're corrosive enough to do that much damage to a round in that small a time window. There's also the animation, which seems to show an impact on the field itself rather than the NEXT. Plus the way rectification works (passing a current through a dense enough cloud of particles, without which the armour doesn't work at all, and reinforcing that field with additional rectifiers) seems to weigh more in favour of that mechanism.

I got this interpretation of function from the AC wiki, which may or may not have an actual source for it (not like a source would ever be cited on a wikia page...), but it seems more logical to me. Especially since the exact defence mechanism you described appeared in Heavy Object once and was clearly stretching physical function even for that series.
>>
File: 1446998756785.jpg (59KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
1446998756785.jpg
59KB, 639x479px
Have yet to see a mecha top this one in video games
>>
File: Core Commander.jpg (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Core Commander.jpg
49KB, 1024x768px
Can i play?
>>
File: Rhino_Beetle_Official_Art.jpg (24KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
Rhino_Beetle_Official_Art.jpg
24KB, 430x320px
>>14404922
Let me upgrade it a little
>>
File: krogoth.gif (19KB, 170x335px) Image search: [Google]
krogoth.gif
19KB, 170x335px
>>14413058
>>
>>14404201
EGD can defeat it easily.
>>
File: sup com.jpg (40KB, 430x323px) Image search: [Google]
sup com.jpg
40KB, 430x323px
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.