[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I havent watched any other entries in the Gundam Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Tallgeese_III_aims2.jpg (264KB, 1430x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tallgeese_III_aims2.jpg
264KB, 1430x1080px
So I havent watched any other entries in the Gundam Franchise besides Wing, where should i start and what should I skip ?
>>
>>14384943
start at the start
skip the ones you dont like
youre just watching a cartoon dont overthink it
>>
>>14384943
0079, and for the love of god skip G-Savior, unless you have the game it provides literally nothing in terms of either story or entertainment
>>
Honestly, skip all of it.
Just think of all the hours you'll have saved. You'll never get those hours back if you do start watching. They'll be gone, you having spent your fleeting time on this Earth viewing the cruel joke Tomino played on the Japanese people.
>>
>>14384947
It's worth it for the laughs and being able to discuss it.
>>
>>14384943
>So I havent watched any other entries in the Gundam Franchise
>where should i start and what should I skip ?
this thread keeps happening

serious answer: You can reasonably just watch it all in production order (or fuck, at random, I'm not going to be a stickler about that) and you'll probably have a good time.
At the absolute least, go watch 0079, it's pretty great.
people will say skip ZZ -- try it out at least, drop it if you don't like it
>>
>>14385038
That's a pretty Obari look there.
>>
Skip everything.
>>
Watch:
>0079
>0080
>F91
>ZZ
>Victory

Skip:
>Zeta
>CCA
>>
>>14384943
Watch everything in release order, form your own opinion about each one and then report back.
>>
Skip them, watch VOTOMS and Legends of Galactic Heroes instead. You'll get tons of robots blowing up, and people talking a lot about the meaning of conflict and ideal government, without getting the two mixed up horribly.
>>
>>14385409
Watch the intro from every title and then your done. Win/win for everyone
>>
File: 1458426338883.jpg (69KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1458426338883.jpg
69KB, 620x465px
>>14384946
This
>>
>>14384943
Depends on your patience, 8th MS Team and Stardust Memory are great to watch instead of starting all the way at the beginning.
>>
>>14392940
They are not a good substitute for MSG, they're too heavily Zeek influenced
>>
>>14392918
Double approved.

That said, if you don't mind suggestions, I recommend watching G and X next. Both standalone and diferent tones, but very entertaining.

Turn A might confuse you a bit (Tomino-directed shows are always, or at least a bit, screwy).

Now, SEED, 00 and AGE... There is much discrepancy in critical opinions about its first and second seasons (or, in AGE case, generation arcs), so those are up to you.

Build Fighters (and Gunpla Builders) are pretty enjoyable and easy to follow. You might not get all the references from the previous shows, though.

Reconguista... is VERY confusing.

Iron-Blooded Orphans still got a season to go, but you want some newer stuff, is very good.

No opinion on Universal Century stuff outside of the fact that is very extensive viewing material.
>>
File: 1466299420623.jpg (29KB, 353x356px) Image search: [Google]
1466299420623.jpg
29KB, 353x356px
>>14393038
>Turn A might confuse you a bit
>Reconguista... is VERY confusing
>Iron-Blooded Orphans still got a season to go, but you want some newer stuff, is very good.

My fucking god anon.

>>14384943
Don't listen to this fag and watch everything
give each series at least 5 to 10 episodes to pick up the pace and then decide if you want to finish it.
>>
>>14385450
>watching ZZ
>without Z
ayyyy
>>
>>14393072
Pacing.

Orphans is slow, Turn A is a bit fast, G Reco is WHERE ARE THE BRAKES??!!
>>
>>14393106
>Turn A is a bit fast

Nigga, the damn Gundam didn't appear until episode 2, it didn't have weapons until like 10, and it takes more than half the series to get off the surface.

Are you high?
>>
>>14393106
Doesn't excuse you calling IBO very good. Even excusing the plot and pacing, it's bad.
>>
>>14384943
If it isn't IBO then it is worth watching, start with SEED ad Destiny. At best you'll enjoy it, at worst it'll be uphill from there.
>>
>>14384943
Skip Wing.
>>
>>14384943
If I was in charge I'd have a bot running that detects these types of threads, posts 'Production order is the only order' and closes the thread.
>>
File: gundamguide-updated-new.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide-updated-new.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>14384943
Obligatory.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.