[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would he pilot? Shame on anyone whose answer isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Kung Fury.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Fury.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
What would he pilot? Shame on anyone whose answer isn't from the 80's.
>>
>>14380831
first ever robot centered around mocap karate IIRC
>>
>>14380831
nice falseflagging, faggot
>>
>>14380831
a shitty derivative unfunny robot
>>
>>14380831
Something akin to Megas XLR but with more biker motifs and a sick guitar.
>>
Gunbuster?
>>
>>14381129
>>14384332
bingo
>>
>>14380831
>Shame on anyone whose answer isn't from the 80's.

as someone actually FROM the 80s let me clearly state

FUCK THIS MOVIE
>>
>>14381129
Ginguiser?
>>
>>14380831
Pretty sure he just beats up mecha, dude
>>
>>14380831
ROCK UR SHIT GATTAI GODMARS
>>
>>14384353
What can you tell me doc? As someone who loves 80s horror, I want to hear from someone who was there first hand.
>>
>>14384883
Not him and didn't experience the 80's but the movie is a 30 minutes jam of mediocre (not bad, just mediocre) 3D effects that somehow happen because of a stupid as hell plot but the plot isn't serious at all and the movie features full cliché 80's aesthetics (which I personally like).

Looks like a joke movie made by a guy who wanted to be a 80's movie star (the producer is actually the MC), and it kinda looks like a cash grab off the retro 80's wave, but the movie made me smile because of how stupid it is and it has a neat OST.

tl;dr : watch it for the OST and the neons.
>>
>>14384883
It looks like it was made by someone who doesn't even remotely understand the appeal of 80s movies and is just trying to make a live-action Adult Swim short.
>>
Turbo Kid >>>> Kung Fury
>>
>>14386984
the robot girl looked millenial as fuck with her flat boring hair and scrawny physique, it constantly took me out of it
>>
>>14386984
yep this, those guys had legitimate passion, kung fury feels too memey. Like they are mocking it all more than embracing the over the topness
>>
Kung Fury was terribly paced, like it was written to be a series of shorts on Liquid Television and then they mashed then into a single thing.
>>
>>14387041
This. So much of the "new retro" stuff is dripping with that slimy, smarmy, "hahaha wow so cheesy, so bad it's good" feeling. Like, god forbid people enjoy that kind of style without any fucking irony.
>>
>>14387062
Same here. I generally despise people who use the word "cheesy" because it basically means "intense and exciting but ridiculous", which is extremely paradoxical.

And of course there's some stuff that's simultaneously exciting and ridiculous but it's actually pretty rare all things considered. So rare that I've almost never had the opportunity to use the word "cheesy" myself, so when I see dumbasses throw it around mindlessly they just seem horribly disingenuous and insecure, like they think if something isn't 100% down-to-earth or solemn, then they have to mock it in some way or people will make fun of them.

It's even worse when they say that "you have to embrace the cheese" when someone makes fun of their taste. Even when they're trying to own it, they still have to distance themselves from what they like by belittling it.
>>
>>14387062
I've been thinking a lot about what Com Truise said in an interview.
Something along the lines of
>I'm not doing retro music, I'm just making music using tools and instruments from this specific period of time but I'm making my own music.

I think that it is what's different aswell between Turbo Kid and Kung Fury. One film is made to be the kind of film we would see today if we were somewhat stuck in the 80's whereas Kung Fury is just "retro for the sake of retro".
>>
File: rolemodel.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
rolemodel.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>14387091
>80s-style rock will never be popular again
>80s car design will never be a thing again
>80s sci-fi style will never be a thing again
>>
>>14388202
>>14388202
>80s sci-fi style will never be a thing again
Routine is a game that's aiming for that 80s sci-fi look.

No clue when it comes out though.
>>
>>14388202
Maybe one day in the future it'll be a thing again
>>
>>14388480
>>14388202
Same for Starr Mazer (although that one is set to be a mix of shmups and adventure games).
>>
>>14388202
gib me money and I'll help start the revival of one and three in japan
>>
>>14388202
It will come back. It's just pop culture, no reason to think it will fade forever.
>>
gigantor you fools
>>
>>14386923
>cash grab
M8 it's free, startup money was just to actually create the movie
>>
>>14384353
As someone actually FROM the 80s as well, let me clearly say

STAY ASSBLASTED FAGGOT, IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
>>
>>14393112
They do monetize the movie on youtube, the derived products AND there's the KS money.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.