[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sit around /m/, tell me what you are drinking, and share the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19

File: 6.jpg (17KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
17KB, 300x100px
Sit around /m/, tell me what you are drinking, and share the tale(s) of what mechpilled you. I want to know why are you a mecha fan and what caused it.
>>
>>14373759
I'll start with my story. I watched Mobile Suit Gundam on Toonami when I was seven, and went out and played Journey to Jaburo on my PS2. Too young to seek out anything Gundam related, I just experienced the setting from the video games (Federation vs Zeon, Zeonic Front, Encounters in Space, and Gundam vs Zeta Gundam), and didn't watch anything until I was 14. Then i binged the franchise, and watched every non-Gundam Tomino series. Then I just became a mecha fan and started watching everything.

Also, I'm drinking bourbon.
>>
File: HGUC Powered GM.jpg (132KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HGUC Powered GM.jpg
132KB, 800x800px
>>14373759
I saw an HGUC kit of the Powered GM in a Japan import store and the rest is fucking history
>>
I'm fasting right now and it's not sunset yet.

I think i like /m/ stuff when i was a kid watching whatever show they aired when i was a kid. But what cemented my /m/phile is when i discover Super Robot Wars back in 2000. It was SRWF. From there on, I loved mecha anime. A lot. I went through a lot of the shows on SRW (despite it's hard to get one here back in the days). Then i go shovel out a lot of obscure show by just watching their OP. And after that is history.
>>
I knew there's this thing called gundam growing up in a developing country and one day a friend of mine gave me some illegal Seed and Destiny DVDs, then I went out to seek more pirated copies of robot cartoons and watched a bunch of random stuff.

The disc that contained G gundam was edited in a way that every two episodes are combined into a single file/segment/chapter, so when I try to skip the ED I would skip an entire episode.
>>
>>14373879
>>14373840
>>14373820

>Best quality, best enjoyment

Give me some favorites. What shows did you dig really early on into your fandom, but now don't care for, or even outright despise?

>Code Geass over here
>>
I really liked games like R.A.D, Armored Core, and when I was younger I saw some of the gundam that used to run on toonami as well as other shows that ran on Adult swim.
Fast forward a few years and I "liked" giant robots, but I realized that even thought I "liked mecha" I hadn't seen anything but completely entry level mecha. . So for the past year or so I've been watching way more trying to get an understanding of more of the genera.
Right now I'm working through Turn a, Gaogaigar, Goldran, Fafner Exodus, Kuromukuro and Macross Delta.
When I finish those I'll watch the getter robo OVAs, Nadesico, Escaflowne, Rayearth, and Ideon.
>>
I've been seeing /m/ like shows for the longest time. Tobikage's Ninja Robots adaptation, Robotech, and bits of the Braves were my gateway /m/ stuff though. I'm just glad I know how the source material works for both Tobikage and Macross, so I enjoy them more now.
>>
>>14373889
>>14373840 here.

My first venture to Gundam after the SRW discovery was Gundam X. All 39 episodes with Chinese subtitles (despite i don't read or speak chinese). I still love it till this day.

During my young days, I was into Vandread. It was the first anime that made me a fanboy (I bought the fanbooks and OSTs). Then i moved to various show. I was into GaoGaiGar through the hillariously awful crabstick subs. And then i expand my horizon.

My worst experience was Seed Destiny. It was the first Gundam show i up-to-date every week ever since i have broadband good enough for torrent. I was scarred to the point that i am very weary of anime nowadays. It doesn't help that after that, i watch LoGH and i started to become a snob where i think that modern anime sucks.

Now i mellow down a bit (I'm still a bit of a snob though) and watch some newer shows. And i find them to be good themselves. At least on their own merit on the era they made.
>>
>>14373879
Before I got into more /m/ stuff, I saw a copy of SRW J in a toy store(pirated cartridge of course). I recognized freedom gundam on the cover art and thought it was the coolest shit, then I played through it without knowing Japanese or any other non-seed units.
>>
File: KYOJIIIIIII.gif (354KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
KYOJIIIIIII.gif
354KB, 480x270px
I would be drinking water but I'm in bed now.

Started on /a/ for a while as I got into your standard selection of anime and although I knew about mecha I wasn't too interested. As time went on I realized that I had to try mecha at some point and binged basically all early UC Gundam in a few days. That really opened me up to mecha and I stuck with real robot for a while, opened up to super robots too, slowly migrated to /m/ (permanently, around the time Non Non Biyori ended I think), began watching older series and sci-fi, etc. On top of everything I've always had a pretty decent sci-fi leaning and love technical stuff so I was an easy target.

I came for the experience. I stayed for the music, the animation - even the stock footage and copious QUALITY, the adventure, the mechafus and the waifus, the campy shit and crazy shit and somber shit, the Nagano to the Obari to the Katoki, calling your attacks to semicircles, combiners, variables, transformers, docking, purging, and all the sequences that come with them.

time for blogshit Although I know a lot (although I know there's misinfo in there so I don't ever try to use it and risk looking retarded) just from osmosis and immersion in discussions, I've yet to hit a lot of the staple /m/ series. Also I'm a blundering newfag of only 4 years or so despite being only eighteen years old but I'm glad to be here and I plan on staying for many years to come.
>>
>>14373965
>Now i mellow down a bit (I'm still a bit of a snob though)
Are you literally me?

>>14373965
>Although I know a lot (although I know there's misinfo in there so I don't ever try to use it and risk looking retarded) just from osmosis and immersion in discussions, I've yet to hit a lot of the staple /m/ series

Are you me when I was 18?
>>
>>14373759
Water right now. A good tequila or vodka when I want something stiff. I watched Wing on Toonami and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Then I didn't have cable for a while and didn't have anything for a while. Then I got kazaa and decided to download Wing to rewatch. Turns out that was right when SEED was airing. After that, I wanted more and more Gundam, and I branched out to more mecha from there.
>>
You know, it's the same thing that got me into anime and manga in the first place: Rayearth. Finding the manga at a bookstore and going "this is the style of thing I've been looking for!" I didn't know what anime was back then, as I was a wee lad, but I knew what wasn't anime and had been spending some time looking for the "comics that looked right".
>>
File: king_kittan_by_oh8.jpg (98KB, 700x673px) Image search: [Google]
king_kittan_by_oh8.jpg
98KB, 700x673px
When I was in high school I watched TTGL and it was the first anime to make me get emotional and attached to the characters. After watching it for the first time I came to /m/ to look for shows similar to it. I watched Getter Robo Armageddon, Big O, 08th MS Team, Gunbuster, and eventually came to realize that there was an aspect beyond just the giant robot part of the shows I liked. I liked the whole aesthetic of it. Militarized factions, spacefaring vessels, magic technology, hot-blooded characters, and heroic pilots. The deeper I delve the more I want to devour. Anime, manga, movies, games, etc.

Anyways, now I'm spending my last civilian summer finishing my AS and getting into gunpla/plamo. I go to Navy boot camp in august where I can live out my dreams of being stuck on a technological giant traveling the world. I even got the Advanced Electronics Computer Field rating so hopefully I get assigned to a cool defense system on a battleship (Just like the Space Battleship Yamato)
>>
>>14374012
Or you could get stuck with a trackball.
>>
>>14374021
Even if I get stuck with a shitty ET job at least I'll get to be on a ship and travel. Gotta take chances. Also, more money for gunpla.
>>
>>14374021
Hey, it worked for Macross
>>
>>14373759
Ginger beer.

Voltron, back in the day when they ran ads for New Mickey Mouse Club during the end credits. I was the kid in first grade who, when the teacher said the sun's so hot nothing could survive on it, piped up and said "Nuh-uh, the red lion could!"
>>
>>14373759
Voltron, Etoranger and Power Ranger bring me to the world of /m/.
Starcraft Gundam mod introduced me to Gundam.

and CCA is the first gundam i have seen and still loved it till this day.

After that it all natural. I am a simple man, i see robot, i love.
>>
Coincidentally, I just grabbed a cup of orange juice before opening this thread. Fuck yeah orange juice.

My first exposure to mecha was in the form of the first few episodes of 0080 and 0083, respectively. At some point in time I also saw recordings of CCA (the only thing I remember from my youth was that scene where Quess spaces herself to get to Char's cockpit). After that, it was just on and off shit until I re-discovered Gundam through Toonami with Wing and G, and then I decided years later (in the midst of 00) to self-educate with a full tour through all of Gundam starting with 0079.
>>
>>14373889
Probably Gundam 0083. That was one of my first purchases. That's arguably the only example that I really dislike now.

I was already too much of a mecha fan when Code Geass aired and thought it was alright, yet overrated. Same with Full Metal Panic now that I think of it.
>>
Watched Gundam Wing and Escaflowne when they were on TV.
Watched some /m/ anime casually based on recommendations, Gundam 00, Nadeisco, Gasaraki.
Tried to find a decent mecha game some years later and then really got deep into /m/ stuff.
>>
>>14373759
I don't have a drink.

I enjoyed Armored Core games back on the PS1, but I wasn't really into any other mecha stuff at the time. I didn't have cable or satellite, so I never got to watch any anime when I was younger. I bought Gundam Battle Assault 2 somewhere around 2003, but I hadn't had any exposure to Gundam before that point, so everything felt so weird and disjointed. I didn't realize it was a crossover, at the time. It was a good game, all the same.

In 2006, when SRWOG1 and 2 came stateside, I played the hell outta them. Started reading up on the series, and found out that none of the others were released here, and likely never would be. I had started teaching myself a bit of Japanese (mostly hiragana and katakana) in 2005 so I could play Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, and used that knowledge to give SRW Alpha and SRWJ a shot early on in 2007.

I finished J pretty quickly, and enjoyed it enough to start buying some anime, starting with Tekkaman Blade, FMP, and G Gundam. I've bought tons of anime since then, most of it mecha. I guess I always liked mecha, but I didn't know that because I wasn't exposed to it that much when I was younger.

As for SRW, I became a huge fan of the series, and have physical copies of almost every SRW game released after 2000. I also have a few of Kotobukiya's OG model kits.

I remember watching the PV for SRWZ for the first time in 2008, and I was so hyped about it, I actually started planning out what I wanted to watch before the game came out. Because of Z, I ended up buying and watching King Gainer, Gravion, Zeta Gundam, and Eureka Seven. Ever since then, I've picked up a ton of new series just because of SRW.
>>
File: maiznger-z-clasico-1000x600[1].jpg (117KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
maiznger-z-clasico-1000x600[1].jpg
117KB, 1000x600px
>>14373759

Water.

Mom used to watch Mazinger Z and Voltron V apparently (A bunch of cats that formed a big robot, she said) and she would tell me about it when i was 9 or 10. She watched them without paying much attention, but the idea of a hulking machine shooting lasers from its chest got me going and slowly i would read about the Mecha genre whenever i had the chance.

Some impressions of her when i talk with her about Mecha-related things.

>Go Nagai
"The author of that is STILL ALIVE? How?"
>Megaman
"You used to play that a lot, didn't you?"
>New Voltron
"Nah... It's not like what i watched"
>Aphrodite A
"I just remember there was this robot shooting missiles from her tits. That was crazy!"
>Saban's Power Rangers, around eighteen years ago
"You should watch the originals (Referring not to Super Sentai but to Voltron V based only on the giant combining animal-themed vehicles)"
>Front Mission
"Why fight over such a tiny island? Also, don't you do something else besides fighting?"

I'm not DEEP into mecha due to lack of time and resources. I'm still struggling with japanese, but i'm still going.
>>
File: 1412489677443.png (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1412489677443.png
103KB, 500x500px
>>14373759

drinking a starbucks frappuccino, the kind in the glass bottle

first I liked dinosaurs, then cars, then planes, then spaceships, then robots

then you realize mechs can pretty much incorporate all of the above if you want them to so that obviously makes them superior
>>
File: prototype-x29a.jpg (112KB, 697x557px) Image search: [Google]
prototype-x29a.jpg
112KB, 697x557px
No idea if anything specific started it. When I was a kid I was obsessed with watching every movie about robots and cybors I can find and I also collected robot toys. There was only Voltron and Saber Rider on tv, so I didn't really get into anime about giant robots until I got into SRW many years later. What I specificly remember is that what got me into robot girls were Cyborg 2 with Angelina Jolie and watching Saber Marionette R on some cable channel late at night.
>>
I'm not drinking anything. Actually, I should go get some water, I'm kinda thirsty.

Looking back, I've loved robots and mecha for as long as I can remember, but I somehow failed to realize it until my brother showed me G Gundam back in 2008 or so. But what really pulled me into mecha anime was when I discovered SRW OG a couple years later. I found out that there was a whole giant series of these games, many of which were crossovers, and I branched out from there.
>>
I was an early 2000s Toonami kid, caught the G Gundam and Gundam Wing dubs on TV back in the day along with Big O, Megas, and the other Cartoon Network sci fi shows like Dexter's Lab and Codename KND. It was a good time for robots on American TV.

It didn't really stay with me too long, and neither did the stuff I watched in high school (NGE, TTGL, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, and oddly, Japanese G1 Transformers)

What really got me into it as a serious fan was probably playing The Wonderful 101 and the Metal Gear games. One day I got the idea to make a SRW style fanfic featuring those two, and realized I needed to watch more anime if I was going to do that, and it took off from there
>>
I'm a "Martial Law Baby". I was exposed to various classic super robots (Voltes V, Daimos, Mazinger Z, Grendizer, Mechander Robo, etc.) through different media during the 70s-80s.

I had sporadic exposure to mecha during the early-mid 90s, primarily through rented betamax and VHS recordings of mecha anime.

Then, after hooking up with my significant other, I got into mecha full time starting with SRW Alpha Gaiden. Since then, I've played virtually every SRW (until 2010's L; I've just watched attack videos of the rest), and watched nearly every mecha anime that I could get my hands on.

Just had dinner while typing this, so my drink was a strawberry-flavored probiotic cultured milk.
>>
Drinking some canned lemonade. I got into mecha about 2 years ago so I'm relatively new to the genre, and this board. Before then I really hated mecha. I then watched TTGL and fell in love with it, of course now I know it's nothing too great. Then I watched NGE which helped aspire my love for older art. Then I watched 30 episodes of Zeta Gundam but I figured that I should watch 0079 first, so I stopped watching Zeta and watched that. And I watched a few older mecha shows after 0079 like Layzner or Giant Gorg. After that I finished Zeta and now i'm on ZZ.
>>
File: T21vRdXkwfsdNXXXXX_!!126330677.jpg (55KB, 504x650px) Image search: [Google]
T21vRdXkwfsdNXXXXX_!!126330677.jpg
55KB, 504x650px
>>14373759
I saw this sexy thing
>>
File: gmsp_14.jpg (426KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gmsp_14.jpg
426KB, 1024x768px
>>14373759
Just drinking whole liter of Sprite after night prayer. And this is my story.

I start my mecha adventure around 2001, by delving into some Battletech games started by friends. Well, not really mecha per se, but that sparks my first interest in robot and general mechanical.

Then i got some gundam games like Feds v Zeon, Zeonic Front, etc., also in addition of Shogo, AC, Mechwarrior, i delve in even futher.

Then after the second coming of BT and my first delve in warhammer starts the begining of the dark time in my mecha career. I become realistifag, despising eastern mecha entirely and thinking cumbersome, boxy , exposed"cable everywhere" design of both is relevant, while shitting on general mecha show and /m/ because it feels "unrealistic" enought. Jeeze, feels bad becoming no fun faggots back then.

In the end of my highschool period, i see box of pic related in local lgs clearance sale. I just pick it for giggles first, but then i just love it after i'll finish it. Then i start collecting much gunpla, most of it are from 08th MS show and Igloo at first but then i also start to enjoy more of other more complex design from other show like Zeta and even Wings, also some from Dougram and AC. My feeling towards eastern mechas are back and warmed up, and still love it since then.

>>14374797
Mein nigger
>>
>>14373759
I had the great privelige of being about 11 when Bandai's big push for Gundam in the west happened, alongside MSG airing on Toonami.

HG's in toy and hobby stores erry'where.
>>
>>14373759
>what are you drinking
Mad Dog 20/20 Peaches & Cream, because I ran out of Smirnoff Ice and am too lazy to walk to the store.
>what mechpilled you
Roy Fokker's death. Focker...Fucker....whatever. I was ten years old, waiting for the school bus in 1986 when Roy fell off the couch, never to rise again.

I'd watched Voltron and a little Gigantor and Tranzor Z before that. War was a normal thing on GI Joe but every time a plane was shot down, a little parachute always popped out of the explosion. Roy's death, choosing to spend his last hours with Claudia instead of on an operating table, not even needing anyone to acknowledge that he'd just given his life for his friends and loved ones...Roy made me want to be a fighter pilot.

Of course I was 10, and legally blind in one eye since birth, and apparently the navy has some stupid rule about landing a plane and something called "depth perception" idkwtf but they wouldn't take me.

But these days I'm no longer a Robotech fan, nor even a Macross fan for that matter. Not since the week I watched Mobile Suit Gundam.
>>
>what are you drinking
Some delicious water.

>mechs
If we're to be fair, it all started watching the old toku shows that aired over here in Hueland. Juspion, Winspector, Cybercops, Changeman, Flashman and Black RX being the ones I remember most fondly. Those shows and their music got me into anime.

I've always been fond of mechanical things, but what actually got me into mecha was playing SRW W. I fell in love with most of the robots therein, and that eventually led me to watching G Gundam.

Years later, I'm even more into toku than I was before, have watched most of the subbed mecha shows available and spend a good bit of my pay on model kits.
>>
File: SteamworksIslandIfo12.jpg (156KB, 554x524px) Image search: [Google]
SteamworksIslandIfo12.jpg
156KB, 554x524px
>>14373759
Iced coffee

Used to watch Robotech, Astro-boy and a bit of Gaogaigar on rental tapes when I was a kid.

Played with bionicles, and I admired mechwarrior without really getting into it.

Fast forward a bit to 2010 and the combination of the Poptropica Steamworks mission (it's fucking great, play it, doesn't matter if it's for kids) and Battletech (played w/ friends) gets me back into mecha. After searching for more mecha stuff, I find out about Gundam and the rest is history.
>>
>>14373759
been Mech-Pilled for about as long as I can remember to be honest, hell one of my earliest concrete memories was of the Truckasaurus scene from the Springfield Gorge episode of The Simpsons and I was probably 2 or 3 in that memory(so between late 92 and early 94)

also drinking a Orange Fanta Zero
>>
>mechpilled

why no one has called you out for this retarded shit is beyond me.
>>
>>14376138
Because this is nice thread, friend
>>
>>14376138
Because we're going to ignore it and have a nice thread anyway instead of bitching about dumb things.
>>
File: 1345653333553.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1345653333553.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
Not sure, but for as long as I can remember I've always liked robots. I think Mecha Godzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah were two of the first non-babyproof toys I had. I also loved Gargoyles, which didn't really have giant robots but did have power armor.

My uncle was probably my biggest influence. He was really into miniatures and Warhammer 40k stuff (he also liked Robotech back in the day). He had a lot of old 80s/early 90s robot minis that I'm really not sure where they're from, but as a kid I would use them to fight each other (though I made sure not to just have them slam into each other since he taught me about what models were and the difference between them & toys).

Then... then came the Necrons. When they were first released my uncle bought packs of them specifically because of my love for robots and skeletons, so robot skeletons were basically a dream come true. I never got into painting and building minis myself but I grew up around it and what I learned from my uncle basically set the foundation for my eventual gunpla indulgence.

Gundam was probably my first mecha anime. I remember watching some of Wing but I was never into it like I was into MSG when it came out. The MSIA Zakus and the Magella tanks vs Ground GMs and Type 61s & Type 74 Hovertrucks. That's what got me hooked, along with Zeonic Frunt & Federation vs Zeon.

I'm not sure if I sought mecha out first or if it sought me out like it seeks out so many, but taking all of the above & throwing in Star Wars, the Aliens movies (mostly Aliens with Ripley's power loader), and stuff like Star Fox and the Army Men series where you fight robot enemies at times, my childhood imagination was dominated by scifi and robots.
>>
Just drinking water.
I casually watched some shows when I was really young like Big O and such, then a friend made me watch TTGL with them and I didn't really care for it. Someone sent me a webm of a SRW game and I recognized a few of the units so that also helped kick start it. Started watching more and more shows, my favorite of which will still be VOTOMs, though I only got into Gundam fairly recently. Now I have a pinned tab of the /m/ catalog on my browser at all times. Now that I'm staying with my Dad for college, I found out that when he was younger he enjoyed watching Mazinger Z and Kamen Rider, so I can talk mecha stuff with him instead of my brother who only watches casual anime anyways, and recently got him some Mazinger stuff for his birthday.
>>
>>14373759
>I want to know why are you a mecha fan and what caused it.

Fuck if I know what caused it I just thought giant robots were cool for as long as I could remember.
>>
>>14373759
>be me
>be kid
>watch transformers and z and zz gundam
>play armoured core
>want more
>watch gundam wing and CCA
Grow older
>try watching gundam 00
Like it
>watch macross
>watch the original msg 0079
>start binge watching macross, evangelion, gundam, and ghost in the shell in production order, and then fall in love with mecha
>start being obsessed with char
>start buying more red clothes than any other color.
>>
I don't like mechs, they look dumb and make silly noises when they move

I just like cute girls

mecha anime have the cutest girls
>>
MGD

My earliest memory is Voltron. Asides from that was G Gundam and Big O on Toonami. A little bit of Wing, but it was G in particular.
>>
File: 1464749711859.jpg (673KB, 850x755px) Image search: [Google]
1464749711859.jpg
673KB, 850x755px
I had seen one gundam series when I was really young (each country had a mobile suit or something). Completely forgot about it until I saw the original 0079 show a few months ago, liked it and then went on to watch 08th MS, 0080 WitP, and 0083 SM.

I then got a high grade of pic related and that got me hooked, building a model ms or two every so often.
>>
>>14373759
Godzilla fans worshiped Armor Mothra so I set out looking for kaiju that could beat it in a fair fight. Robots are a type of monster, started with Evangelion, and there ya go.
>>
File: G-Gundam poster.jpg (2MB, 3321x2374px) Image search: [Google]
G-Gundam poster.jpg
2MB, 3321x2374px
>>14376957
>each country had a mobile suit or something

I'm assuming the first Gundam show you watched was G-Gundam then
>>
>>14377022
Yeah that was the one.
>>
File: centuri1.jpg (115KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
centuri1.jpg
115KB, 426x500px
>>14373759
I'm drinking orange juice, it would've been a screwdriver but my doctor says I'm not allowed.

I was always fated to fall in love with giant robots. My parents are longtime mecha fans and indoctrinated me with a love of robots from an early age. I was shown Voltron, Gigantor, Astro Boy, The Centurions, the Robot Romance Trilogy and of course Transformers. You can probably guess where and when my parents are from at this point. Somehow I managed to miss Robotech.

Then one day, Toonami started up, and my fate was sealed. I also remember watching Eva on Adult Swim and getting spooked when 01 went berserk.

I remember playing in the backyard with my dad - we'd pretend to fight invisible monsters, and just when things were looking grim, we'd yell "MAN AND MACHINE - POWER EXTREEEME", activate our power armor, and save the day. Pic related.

Nowadays, my mom still collects 70s super robot paraphernalia, and my dad still watches anime with me when I visit. We tried to build gunpla together at some point, but it's so hard to find time.
>>
>be edgy too cool for cartoons high schooler
>buddy sneaks in a ps1 into the backstage of drama department
>play gundam battle assault 2
>"this games fun I guess"
>friend tells me that it comes from a show were a dude kills a giant robot worm with a scarf
>"lol lets watch it to make fun of it"
>watch g gundam dubbed
>Legitimately cry when master asia dies

been a weeb ever since.

My friend still refuses to watch any other gundam
>>
Peppermint Schnapps.

Watching Robotech and Voltron on Toonami piqued my interest. Wing hand me hooked.

But it wasn't until they aired First Gundam that I was off the fucking wagon.
>>
File: 1466149875080.webm (3MB, 472x796px) Image search: [Google]
1466149875080.webm
3MB, 472x796px
I was way more into the robots when PR first aired. Then Wing came on.

Also catching reruns of Voltron as a kid was pretty cool.
>>
>>14378227
the fuck did I just watch
>>
>>14378233
The summoning ritual for Ul-Thar, Lord of Condiments
>>
I remember buying srw og on the gba cause I though it looked cool
>>
Short answer is Imagawa.
Saw someone talking about Shin Mazinger and got interested in it alongside Giant Robo and Tetsujin 28 because of their retro look.
Only later did I realize they were made by the same director and my mind exploded.
>>
Truth is, it was fucking power rangers. Always loved the megazord's, favorite toys from my childhood. I think this set up my mind to enjoy mecha, them it came Gundam on toonami, Eva, tough, Eva isn't very mecha actually, but was and still is my favorite, games like Armored core on ps2, Metal Gear and stuff made me love even more. Played a lot of Elsword with Chung, especially Tactical Trooper, who is nicknamed "Chungdam" for a reason, and so goes on.
>>
>>14377123
My ningen. It's a damn shame Centurions hasn't seen a modern reboot, especially with the popularity of Iron Man and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZWH2VXglM
>>
Drinking cola because I'm underaged, and can't drink rum and Coke in public.

My first mecha series was Gurren Lagann back when it was airing. Everyone told me about how it was like Getter Robo, and I've been hooked since.
>>
>>14373759
Watched season 1 of Robotech in the 80s, got me interested.
Watched Gundam 0083 in 1992 at a con, got me addicted.
>>
>>14373759
>tell me what you are drinking

Water, and lots of it. It's the heat of summer and I dehydrate fast.

>I want to know why are you a mecha fan and what caused it.

Honestly I don't know what specifically got me into it, but I always thought giant robots were cool (I guess you can blame part of that on Legos being the ultimate tool for giant robot fans). But one day about... fuck, eight years ago now? - I got pointed in the general direction of entry level stuff like GL and Evangelion and shit and I stuck around.
>>
I started smoking weed, browsing 4chan and watching anime when I was 14. Fast forward 10 years later and here I am, surrounded by boxes of gunpla and paraphernalia.
>>
File: 2016-04-06-14.28.jpg (397KB, 1063x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06-14.28.jpg
397KB, 1063x1600px
>>14373759
Gunpla is cool
>>
>>14373759
I mean, back in the day I watched Gundam Wing when Toonami was a thing like a lot of people, but it didn't get me into Mechs as a whole. Megas XLR was closer, and I still hold that pretty dear to my heart, but not quite there.

Truth be told, my fascination with giant robots came from something completely different, a little show called Asura Cryin. I will freely admit it wasn't a fantastic show but something about it clicked in me and made me realize "you know, I really like giant robots". Maybe it was the fantastic nature of it that showed me there was a lot more variety to the genre than I expected, or it could have just been that it hit all the right notes for me at the time. Even still, I don't consider it a good show, but I can enjoy myself watching it despite that.

>tell me what your are drinking
Anything, it's goddamned hot out here and we have 3 acres of yard to keep trimmed.
>>
>>14373759
When i was young i watched wing and megas xlr but grew away from mecha but gundam 00 brought me back and the first season is still my favorite gundam series also drinking water cause its hot as hell
>>
>>14380606
Name of the black one in the front row?
>>
>>14380788
it's a custom gm sniper II
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.