[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Daitarn 3. What did /m/ think of the show? I watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Just finished Daitarn 3. What did /m/ think of the show?
I watched it after Zambot 3 and I somewhat liked the lighter tone more than the ladder, and also liked how it didn't go dark mid-show unlike ZZ. I had two questions about it though.
Was the last episode supposed to imply that Banjo was wrong for killing the Meganoids? Was he also a Meganoid as well?
>>
>>14370515
>Was the last episode supposed to imply that Banjo was wrong for killing the Meganoids?
Not really, he was just sick of the fighting, and upset that he had to kill his father. So the final episode was rather melancholic.

>Was he also a Meganoid as well?
Almost certainly. He routinely showed super human traits and was basically invincible in on foot combat. It's pretty heavily implied that's the reason he resents them so much and goes out of his way to kill every single one.

Pretty dark show desu, just with a lot of jokes and gags.
>>
Daitarn is based.
Tomino's comedy is SOOO much better than his drama.
>>
>>14370540
>It's pretty heavily implied that's the reason he resents them so much and goes out of his way to kill every single one.
And it's outright stated that the reason for that is he feels the need to atone for what his father unleashed upon the world. Where was there an implication that he was a Meganoid in the show itself, aside from all the superhuman shit that Banjo does?
>>
>>14370683
It was left ambiguous. The closest to imply this was the episode where they tried to break Banjo's mind in a way that no human should be able to resist.
>>
Felt real weird to me by Tomino comedy standards. It's like expecting to watch the earliest Bond films with Sean Connery, only to wind up with stuff like Man with the Golden Gun or Moonraker instead. It also felt like a Tatsunoko show (although that's understandable since Tomino used to work on some of their shows). Still, Banjo was a cool protag at times.
>>
>>14370683
>aside from all the superhuman shit that Banjo does
I hate to answer a question with a question, but how is that not proof enough? He regularly does things that would be flat out impossible for any human being period. Right in the OP he is shown tearing apart jail cell bars like nothing, which I think is from the first episode.

At the end of the day it's only implied, but heavily enough for me to assume with a good amount of confidence that's what Tomino was getting at.
>>
>>14370928
Because that kind of thing was a bit of a common practice with a lot of mecha shows, and still is to an extent. Pilots would often display exaggerated abilities that humans normally wouldn't be capable of. Kouji shouldn't be able to take out a whole group of Iron Masks, but he does. Kenichi from Voltes knows almost nothing about swords by the show's own word, but he later fights Prince Heinel in a sword duel on even ground. And of course, we've probably all seen a pilot make a fantastically large leap into a cockpit at least once

Granted, Banjo is probably a wee bit more exaggerated than the rest with him breaking iron bindings as he does, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the show had definitively stated that he wasn't a Meganoid
>>
It was fun even if it got rather felt repetitious until the end which was great.

The characters were fun to watch and I liked the mech fights since they felt more alive than the typical mech shows at the time, since each motw would have it's own personality.

daitarn 3 was a pretty cool robot too
>>
>>14371422
kill yourself
>>
>>14370928
>He regularly does things that would be flat out impossible for any human being period.
So does James Bond. So does Batman. They still don't have superpowers. Banjo has the power of fiction whether he is a Meganoid or not.
>>
>>14377867
>That moment in one of the early episodes of Combattler V where Juzo doesn't have a clear shot, so he throws his gun and uses another gun to shoot the trigger of the first gun while the first gun is in midair to hit his target
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.