[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New issue of Great Mechanics G will have an interview with R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ISBN978-4-575-46496-2.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
ISBN978-4-575-46496-2.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
New issue of Great Mechanics G will have an interview with Ryosuke Takahashi. Do you think he is coming back to anime?

http://gtoys.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-10070.html
>・【総特集】 太陽の牙ダグラム 監督・高橋良輔インタビュー

Also interview with Nagai (Gundam IBO) and something about Dunbine.
>>
>>14367157

>>Do you think he is coming back to anime?

Will his ideas on how to work on anime still work in this day and age? I mean, I may not have watched it, but if we have our misgivings about Tomino doing anything at present, per the complaints here about Gundam Reconguista in G, then how will Takahashi do better?
>>
>>14367390
>then how will Takahashi do better?
Don't we have people complaining about Gasaraki already?
>>
>>14367390
I have misgivings of him back in the 80s. The man seems to have a knack for making shows that are too ambitious for their own good and also fucking up the pacing on things.

I haven't watched Dougram yet, but between Layzner, Galient and VOTOMS, only VOTOMS has been consistently good all the way through, and even then, it's falling apart due to its sequel OVAs
>>
>>14367390
>the good
Berserga OVA
>the bad
Moar Chirico
>the no gooder
Moar Flag or Gasaraki

To be honest, I don't see much prospect in mecha anime though, and now way in hell he is going to get a second chance for his incomplete projects since 80s,lest Tomino should get to do a full fledged F91 anime series.
>>
Or maybe they are going to interview him about IBO given the similarities with Dougram?
>>
>>14367395
>>14367412
>>14367435

Okay, but given how he handled couples in his works (Crinn and Daisy in Dougram, Chirico and Fyana in VOTOMS, Joldy and Chururu in Galient, Eiji and Anna in Layzner, and Yushiro and Miharu in Gasaraki), you think a couple of his work can succeed in this day and age, considering how it's mostly "multiple girls crushing on one guy" as the flavor of the day?
>>
>>14367551
Why do you care?
Most mecha shows that don't belong to major IPs aren't successful to begin with these days. It's almost impossible to pander to both old school and modern otaku at the same time and have your show be a success. I think Code Geass and Evangelion may be the only shows that have ever pulled that off.

So it's not like whatever Takahashi chooses to do is going to matter, as any show he makes will most likely fail regardless. So he doesn't have to be beholden to modern trends. And even if he was, it probably wouldn't help. Haremshit does worse than you think it does. Small wonder, given that most of the people that like it are loser NEETs with no money for BDs or merchandise. But then again, anime is a dying industry in general.
>>
>>14367578

>>Why do you care?

Because I like Takahashi.

>>So it's not like whatever Takahashi chooses to do is going to matter, as any show he makes will most likely fail regardless. So he doesn't have to be beholden to modern trends. And even if he was, it probably wouldn't help. Haremshit does worse than you think it does. Small wonder, given that most of the people that like it are loser NEETs with no money for BDs or merchandise.

I'm familiar with how Takahashi didn't have his way whenever he tried doing something post-VOTOMS that wasn't VOTOMS, but if he does resume directing, won't he be getting strangled by meddling executives who'd pander to everything in those last three sentences I greentexted?
>>
>>14367602
>Because I like Takahashi
Then you should be less concerned with whether he can get the romance how he wants it and more concerned with whether he can get the main plot and the action right.

>won't he be getting strangled by meddling executives who'd pander to everything in those last three sentences
A studio wouldn't hire Takahashi to do a harem show to begin with. He'd probably be working with Sunrise anyway, and they don't typically do those either.
>>
>>14367618

>>Then you should be less concerned with whether he can get the romance how he wants it

But given that Takahashi isn't that much revered within Sunrise, unlike Tomino, wouldn't Sunrise not take much risk on his ideas if done now? With Takahashi's ideas on handling couples being one of them?

>>and more concerned with whether he can get the main plot and the action right.

There is that, though if you're referring to Galient and Layzner, weren't they because of circumstance beyond his control, and in the case of Gasaraki, wouldn't it because Sunrise started being wary on how much freedom to give to Takahashi?

>>A studio wouldn't hire Takahashi to do a harem show to begin with. He'd probably be working with Sunrise anyway, and they don't typically do those either.

Heard of Cross Ange?
>>
>>14367652
>Takahashi isn't that much revered within Sunrise, unlike Tomino
Well, it is not like Bandai and Sunrise are always running to ask Tomino to work on something. He even got a project denied for lack of money after a whole PV was made.
>>
>>14367652
>wouldn't Sunrise not take much risk on his ideas if done now?
If that's what you think is going to happen, then they'd just make him rehash Chirico more. Presuming he wants to make a brand new IP, then I think he'd be okay. Remember that Sunrise is the same company that keeps hiring Fukuda.

>weren't they because of circumstance beyond his control?
I don't know if they would have been any good regardless. Personally I though the first ten episodes of both Layzner and Galient were really boring.

>Heard of Cross Ange?
Yes. And I've also heard of Code Geass. But if you think the harem elements were in the forefront of either show, you're out of your mind. They didn't even apply to the protagonist in the former.
>>
>>14367708

What project was that?
>>
>>14367861
Ring of Gundam.
But he also had Brain Powerd planned for years until he managed to get it done.
>>
>>14367721

>>Yes. And I've also heard of Code Geass. But if you think the harem elements were in the forefront of either show, you're out of your mind. They didn't even apply to the protagonist in the former.

But they do have elements found in harems. Supposed Takahashi made a show now and didn't want to add anything harem-related in it, wouldn't Sunrise and Takahashi not see eye-to-eye?
>>
Gasaraki 2: Grain Futures
>>
>>14368851
So far, we heave named two shows out of however many Sunrise have been making from time immemorial, and one of those shows was directed by a man known for creating obnoxious self-insert power fantasies, while the other one was omni-pandering. And all of that's discounting the fact that they wouldn't hire Takahashi to do this shit to begin with; there are plenty of directors that have more experience with it.

If anything, they're far more likely to ask Takahashi to fujo bait, and he's no stranger to having shirtless men in his stuff.
>>
>>14367157
Maybe Bandai has been making new Votoms models. I kinda hope he makes something like Intrigue in the Bakumatsu again.
>>
>>14367867

Wasn't Ring always planned to be a short film and nothing more? I think he had ideas to expand on it if Banrise asked him to do so, but they never did and as a work for hire director I doubt he was too pushed. G-Reco is the only thin we know of for definite that he's approached them about rather than the other way around I think. Having a project finished but not given a series when you didn't land one is different than having one cancelled. F91 seems like a better example really.
>>
>>14370706
>Maybe Bandai has been making new Votoms models.
There is going to be a rerun of their models in July.
>>
>>14370694
I know Chirico was shirtless a lot for no real reason in Votoms but I don't recall anyone being shirtless in Galient.

Or was Jordy what fujos were into those days?
>>
>>14370909
I would suggest you not ask too much about a shirtless Jordy.
For everyone's sake please.
>>
>>14370707
>Wasn't Ring always planned to be a short film and nothing more?
That's what I thought.
>>
>>14371566
>>14370707
Well, depends on what you mean by planned. Tomino wanted to make something longer than a 5 minutes PV and he even said he put that line about Amuro to catch the fans, but that he still needed to think about what to do with that.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.