[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just once. JUST FUCKING ONCE I'd like a mecha show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

Just once.

JUST

FUCKING

ONCE

I'd like a mecha show where the ayy lmaos are ACTUALLY FUCKING AYYLMAOS!

This "The aliens are prehistoric humans from the caveman era who had much more advanced tech and went into space and took all their tech with them and have now come back oh, and they also speak perfect modern Japanese too" schlock is annoying and tired as fucking hell. It's no longer a twist. It's no longer shocking. It's boring, over used and predictable as fuck. It exists solely for the MC to whine and mope over killing another human.
>>
>>14365665
>he doesn't like ancient aliens
>>
>>14365665
>Just once.
Stick to Aldnoah.Zero, newfaggot.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
File: lrg52217_6_365209.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
lrg52217_6_365209.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>14365665
Alien enough for you?
>>
>>14365665
Nigger, how about trying to fucking watch more shit before you come here to bitch and moan?

Did you forget about the fucking ELS, Festum, Vajra and many others out there?

G O F U C K Y O U R S E L F
>>
>>14365665
go watch awakening of the trailblazer they are 2001 tier
>>
>>14365665
ah...mkay.
You are not watching Kuromukuro, right?
>>
File: dazzle cringe.jpg (48KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
dazzle cringe.jpg
48KB, 625x400px
>>14365665
>ayy lmaos

Fucking millenials. I can't believe they go out of their own way to not spell the word "alien."
>>
>>14365747

OP's a cock-slobbering summerfag in case the use of memes wasn't enough of an indicator.
>>
>>14365809
ayylmaoien
>>
>>14365822
Most summerfags have at least seen TTGL. The aliens in that one aren't humanoid either, except for the one, which the main character never angsts over killing

In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen a protagonist angst over killing an ancient alien type
>>
>>14365809
ayy lmao
>>
>>14366360
There he is. There he goes again

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little ayy lmao thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass so you just choose the picture. Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic alien guy isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a tumblr meme. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic ayy lmao fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is "ayy lmao. ayy lmao. ayy lmao".

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
>>14365699
>>14365747
Just pointing it out, but the Vajra weren't the real/final enemies of Frontier. They were just animals being taken advantage of by a group of humans.
>>
Vajra, Festum, ELS, BETA, Gunbuster monsters, Gauna, nigger you literally have not watched any /m/ shows (or the one VN)
>>
>>14366369
DUDE _AYY LMAO
>>
Ironically, I've seen at least one faggot here say generic green space men would have been more interesting than the ELS because a non-humaniod hivemind doesn't have a culture and therefore isn't interesting. Because fuck actual creativity and imagination as long as you have space laser violins or whatever.
>>
>>14365665
Gao Gai Gar?

Though it would be great to see a tentacle monster just pop out of the cock pit

also Knights of Sidnoia
>>
>>14365665
Go read Muv Luv or something. Maybe Sidonia too. Shit, some female humanoid aliens are hot as hell.
>>
>>14366454
The ELS are something of a bad example to use there, because for all the creativity in their concept, the execution is rather lackluster. While I like the idea of making aliens feel truly alien, the ELS just come across as lacking in personality. A lot of their actions feel less like the result of incomprehensible alien motivations, and more like the result of plot convenience.

As far as the "incomprehensible telepathic shapeshifting shiny abominations from space" category is concerned, I really tend to prefer the Festum.
>>
>>14365665
Not even memeing, but the Angels from Eva are my favorite /m/ aliens.
Terrifying, mysterious, omnious, well designed, and each were unique.
There opaque nature of their intentions made them feel really alien.
>>
File: 39WsfbB5BshvdbPAYRFXdsjC481.jpg (52KB, 342x513px) Image search: [Google]
39WsfbB5BshvdbPAYRFXdsjC481.jpg
52KB, 342x513px
>>14365673
>ancient aliens
I need nothing more in life
>>
>>14368919
Kaworu aside, the angels did exactly two things: fought the Evas, and tried to get to Lilith. There were no "opaque intentions" present.

They were interesting and creative monster designs, but that's all they really were - monsters. They existed to provide conflict, tension, and an excuse for cool action scenes. Stop trying to find "deep writing" in them, because it's not really there.
>>
>>14365665
Didn't Heroic Age have those squid aliens? I remember one of them ended up with kawaii squid babbies at the end.
>>
>>14369040
Yea, but why did they try to get Lillith? Why did they fight the Evas? Was were the impacts or the moons? That shit was interesting in Evangelion.
>>
>>14365699
This is my favorite Frontier design. No bully pls
>>
>>14369180
Now that you say it, me too.
>>
>>14369124
Anon, Anno himself said there wasn't much more to the angels, he wanted to make fucking Ultraman, do the monsters there have any extra motive aside from comnquering/destroying? He just changed the end goal
>>
>being this colossal a newfag

Honestly I can't think of many times it happens.

Nadesico, Lagrange, arguably Gargantia, I guess Kusomukuro is in there too now, but honestly I've run afoul of honest to god extraterrestrials doing ayylmao bullshit moreso than ancient astronauts.

I mean sometimes they take the guise of humans to keep people from knowing any better, but it's been my experience that ancient astronauts are a joke, even to anime writers.
>>
>>14369219
I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just in the narrative of the Evangelion they are really cool.

Compare it to Getter Robo, or Mazinger. The Dinosaur Empire and Dr Hell have very clear motivations established really early on. Eva just throws you in, and its cool. That's all I'm getting at here, man. Anti-Eva shilling is rough.
>>
>>14365665
Have you never watched Getter Robo OP? Or Grendizer?
>>
>>14369363
The Angels' motivations aren't really any more vague or compelling than the other examples you mentioned. Even early in the series, we know what their motivations are: they have an instinctive desire to reach terminal dogma and cause third impact. With the exception of Kaworu, that's all we ever really learn about their goals and motivations, and it's all we need to know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult Eva here. I think the angels made pretty cool MotWs, and were one of the better parts of the show. I just think you're reading way too far into something that was always intended to be quite simple from a narrative standpoint.
>>
>>14365665
Gundam 00
>>
>>14369401
>angels being aliens
>when humanity is related
I mean, that's the same kind of shit OP is complaining about to begin with. Shared origin.
>>
File: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.jpg (5KB, 251x166px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.jpg
5KB, 251x166px
>>14366447

Goddamn man the spoiler made it funnier than it should have been
>>
>>14365665
>ayy lmaos
Memes have gone too far when you try to fit this daft term in a normal sentence. I'm all for acting like a retard on the internet (else how could anyone bear this site?), but come on. Keep it out of your actual serious complaints.
>>
>ayy lmaos
Go blow yourself.
>>
File: 1405826504200.gif (1MB, 346x188px) Image search: [Google]
1405826504200.gif
1MB, 346x188px
>it's an "/m/ has never heard ayy lmao used to describe aliens" thread
>>
>>14366410
The Vajra is not exactly your average "animals" though.

Being able to direct their own evolution based on feedback from damaged units to counter the enemy's weapons, that's not exactly something any random animals can do. They are quite extreme as far as biological beings goes.
>>
>>14370203

Yeah, the proper plural is "ayys", or "ayys lmao" if you're being formal
>>
>>14365665
70s and 80s Suparobo shows do that.

Top of my head is Prince Richter (Or Ulrich as I like to call him) from Daimos
>>
If this thread proves anything, it is the limits of memes even in light hearted language. After a point they don't even make for cute in-jokes, it's just a bunch of nonsensical babbling.
>>
>>14369086
Heroic Age had space centipedes. Gargantia was the squid aliens that were actually genetically engineered humans.
>>
>>14365665
Go watch Tekkaman Blade or Blue Gender
>>
Can I count in Blue Gender? Those dumpling-lover aliens were pretty interesting.
>>
>>14365665
Kotetsushin Jeeg did retroactively turn the Jama Kingdom into aliens.
>>
>>14369086
>>14370789
Well, Age was basically raised by a squid alien and an AI. I think that was the only squid thing we saw (outside of the babies in the epilogue).
>>
>>14365665
Convergent evolution is an actual thing.
>>
Macross 7 has the best looking alien designs. Fight me nignogs!
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.