[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get another mecha anime this stylish and good looking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

File: Jazz.jpg (161KB, 1912x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Jazz.jpg
161KB, 1912x1121px
Will we ever get another mecha anime this stylish and good looking? Shame it were only four episodes.
>>
Not another TV anime no.

If they do an OVA, most likely
>>
>>14363419
>Shame it were only four episodes.

Well, it's just a matter of time they'll do more episodes.
>>
You're tempting fate with that question buddy
>>
>>14363419
>stylish and good looking?

You talking about Thunderbolt or Io?
>>
>>14363419
>Will we ever get another mecha anime this stylish and good looking
No, never ever

Mecha anime is over, it's done, finito

We will never EVER EVER get another mecha anime as stylish and good looking as the Thunderbolt ONAs -- Sunrise said so. They said Gundam is finished after Thunderbolt, there is no way they can ever top it.

Pack it up man, don't hold your breath, move on. No more mecha anime ever.
>>
File: bellri-smile3.jpg (31KB, 314x308px) Image search: [Google]
bellri-smile3.jpg
31KB, 314x308px
Yes.
>>
File: 1463374387878.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463374387878.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>14363557
>another
>>
>>14363467

I fucking hope not. Thunderbolt becomes fucking TERRIBLE after it's early beginnings. Style can't save subject material that involves zombie buddhist monks using magic robots.
>>
I just want Sunrise to blow all of their everthing for a new mecha IP.
>>
>>14363630
To be perfectly honest, that's WHY I want to see them make more episodes.
I mean, the stuff after is an absolute mess, but it'd be entertaining to watch all the people praising Thunderbolt as realistic gritty Gundam lose their shit with this.
>>
>>14363634

Actually, yup. You know what, I fully get that. Yeah, let's just totally fucking break the conception that this is any way gritty or realistic and infact almost G Gundam tier in how off the wall it is (and not even in a fun way..)
>>
>Got the soundtrack
So good
>>
>>14363805
could you upload it?
>>
>>14363845
okay but it will take a while

mega okay?
>>
File: 1360831160593.jpg (213KB, 600x654px) Image search: [Google]
1360831160593.jpg
213KB, 600x654px
>>14363856
thank u
>>
>>14363856
Anon is a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>14363630

Hahaha what.
>>
>>14363873
Long story short - OYW doesn't end at A Baoa Qu in this version.
In the middle of this, a group called the South Seas Alliance is plotting its own try for sovereignty (with an army of suicidally zealous Buddhist monk MS pilots) - they grabbed the traumatized woman from Zeon and are trying to basically rebuild/produce the Psyco Zaku (which, in this story, is apparently now the ultimate weapon that will make or break the war.)

Given the second arc is now Earthside, the title's new justification is in the fact the mission to try and get the P Zaku back from the SSA is called Operation Thunderbolt.

It's...it's pretty fucking stupid. Still readable, but holy shit, it gets ridiculous.
>>
File: VRCL-30088.jpg (96KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
VRCL-30088.jpg
96KB, 500x445px
https://mega.nz/#F!pQskCKDa!MP3rSB5LzrflGOJ7aCtbnA
>>
>>14363937
You are a god walking among insects, anon. Thank you.
>>
File: 1400553752498.jpg (69KB, 357x349px) Image search: [Google]
1400553752498.jpg
69KB, 357x349px
>>14363937
Thank you so much Onii-chan !
>>
>>14363937
>>14363982
>>14364026
Literally just came to /m/ to check if anyone uploaded this and first thread it's here. Thank you so much anon.
>>
>>14363923
Wait....how can Buddhists be suicidally zealous? Buddhism is "DUDE UNDERSTANDING LMAO" the faith.
>>
>>14364054
>implying
There are Buddhists doing -nasty- stuff to Muslims down in SEA.
>>
>>14364064
I mean I could see Hindus or whatever, but I could have sworn Buddhism was just "meditate and find inner peace".
>>
>>14364064
More power to them. Islam is a religion of hatred and bigotry and they deserve every single bad thing that ever happens to them. I hope Trump follows through on his promise to ban Islam when he becomes president.
>>
>>14364054
As far as this depicts them, they're basically just hordes to be mowed down.

The prize-winning ridiculous moment being a scene with Daryl and a group of pilots in Acguys being crowded around by an advancing army of MS and tanks firing guns, and - while staying in place and firing back - their group somehow doesn't appear to take any damage whatsoever, only retreating because they realize the group is just going to keep coming.
and no, there's no visible indication of them having any cover to hide behind. As far as the scene shows, they're all prettymuch huddled together in plain sight.
>>
>>14364071
Oh wait, against muslims, nevermind, it all makes sense. They are just working for the common good.
>>
File: Pretty good.jpg (37KB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
Pretty good.jpg
37KB, 680x551px
>>14363937
>https://mega.nz/#F!pQskCKDa!MP3rSB5LzrflGOJ7aCtbnA
>>
>>14364073
>>>/pol/

I agree, but please don't make us or our brothers look bad
>>
>>14363923
>It's...it's pretty fucking stupid. Still readable, but holy shit, it gets ridiculous.

No, Gundam doesn't get ridiculous, it's the UC timeline that went to shit. After almost 40 years there simply isn't anything worthy to tell that still makes a lick of sense. Bandai has to change timeline for the sake of Gundam.
It is the UC and all its ridiculousness that will kill the franchise one and for all. Right now the UC timeline is a laughing stock. You know that whatever comes out of another Zeon uprising, magical jovians orchestrating in the shadows, Char clones left and right etc... will be shit. It is guaranteed. It all reminds me of how the universe of Dune went to batshit crazy with Herbert's son at the helm.
>>
>>14363419
I hope so. Atleast from Studio 1. They seem to really care about their visuals and learn from each project.
>>
>>14363923
Haha, that's dumb.
>>
>>14364161
In this case, I'm gonna disagree.

Even if this weren't set in the UC, that kind of a story swerve would still be fucking ridiculous.
That it's in the UC makes it worse, to be certain, but the fact is, in general, it's just a really bizarre left turn for a story to make period.
>>
>>14364161
We could still have a decent 18 or 24 episode show about a squad of TITANS pilots fighting Zeon remnants hiding out in the asteroid belt. You could even reuse most of the cast from 0083 as the core crew. Just give them a new GP01 and maybe a Mk. II and some Quels, then let the Zeeks have some crazy Frankenstein Zakus and Doms and hell even toss in a Zudah and Galbadis and Gyanns or even a prototype Shamblo to tie into Unicorm.

There's a lot they can do, but for whatever reason Banrise feels they have to follow the tired old stereotype of teenaged Newtype wonderkind falls dick first into a Gundam's cockpit, acid trips his way to genocide while preaching about understanding and peace.
>>
>>14363923
Are you fucking serious? I thought episode 1-4 covered all of the manga. I'm glad Sunrise is sparing us from that fanfic-tier plot.
>>
>>14364247
It's because it's harder to sell the Titans in a good light.

You look at most Gundam stories, there's a sense of trying to make the heroes underdogs (same reason why Zeon gets so much more love than the Titans)

Even if the protags are with the EF, they're usually treated as a marginal group within the forces (the White Base and the Albion both cases of being left to fend for themselves against a larger force to keep some semblance of stakes involved.)

The Titans, meanwhile, spend most of their run as the big dogs. It's only with the rise of the AEUG that they start to get some pushback, so mostly the whole thing would be a group dedicated to unapologetically maintaining the status quo.

Which, in a line like Gundam, is a hard sell to make people get behind.
>>
>>14363419

I honestly found Thunderbolt to look kind of horrendous, personally.

I had a similar reaction to the linework in G-reco. It just triggered me so hard that I couldn't even get through a single episode. Something about it just make my physically upset every time I looked at it.

I THINK the problem is trying to use modern animation techniques to intentionally replicated the substandard quality and flaws you would see in older anime out of nostalgia and endearment, creating things that are intentionally shitty as a selling point.

Using OP's pic as an example, they have the tools and skill in order to make seamless reflections and use actual shading and gradients and shit, but then they still draw the guy with the most dead, glass-eyed expression and literally draw ////// over the shading as if they were trying to fake proper shading on a budget, despite already having actual shading in the picture.

Its just messy and jarring not because of a lack of proper funding and tools, but on purpose.

Thunderbolt's art style is the 'designer-brand ripped jeans at Walmart' of Gundam.
>>
>>14364295
>It just triggered me
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>14364073
>I hope Trump follows through on his promise to ban Islam
Nice false flag.

Anyone who follows Trump knows he will never ever and has never intended to ban Islam, and he's gone on record to say that multiple times.
This post is just trying to create a shitstorm of anti-Trump responses, because people know the rest of 4chan is as liberal and on the left as the mainstream.
>>
>>14364267
You wouldn't need to sell the TITANS in a good light. Publicly, they were formed to counter Zeon holdouts trying to do another Operation British or some variation thereof. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say there's at least a few carrier groups who do do exactly that. Hell, you could even have the cast be ostracized from other TITANS simply BECAUSE that's what they're doing.

"Why is your carrier group working so hard chasing Zeon shadows? Just come bully colonists with us."

"Fine, do your own thing. See how much we care. Just don't expect us to waste fuel sending supplies all the way out to fringes of the Earth Sphere's territory."

This way you have a squadron of TITANS who are TITANS only because they wear the uniform, and aren't liked by other TITANS cause they don't fit the mindset of "Let's be the villains!"

This would also be reflected in the fact that they use Gundams and Quels, and not Hizacks and Gabthleys.
>>
>>14364295
>Using OP's pic as an example, they have the tools and skill in order to make seamless reflections and use actual shading and gradients and shit, but then they still draw the guy with the most dead, glass-eyed expression and literally draw ////// over the shading as if they were trying to fake proper shading on a budget, despite already having actual shading in the picture.

I like it because imo it made it look gritty. I thought about it before and thought to myself either that they did that as a nod to old fashioned anime design. I like it exactly for that.
And OPs image is really just one part. Overall it had many articulate and strong facial expressions even if this one is kind of hollow looking.
>>
>>14364331
You can kind of assume that there are some people like this, considering that a bunch of the Albion guys got press-ganged into the Titans after 0083. But then again, it's also possible that anyone decent in the Titans defected to less shitty groups eventually, like Emma did.
>>
>>14364161
Dune went batshit crazy with God Emperor(good book but it was a wild ride).

UC has potential for more stories but only if they let Zeon die for good, introduce different antagonist groups and go a bit further into the future.
>>
>>14364331
That would be amazing.
>>
File: gtfo-zaku-kun.jpg (489KB, 1403x1047px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo-zaku-kun.jpg
489KB, 1403x1047px
>>14364311
>being informed and smart
GTFO!
>>
File: 1465646402062.png (330KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465646402062.png
330KB, 640x480px
>>14364064
>Muslims
And this is a bad thing because...?

>>14364311
Mark my words, Trump was hired by Hillary to lose and take out all the other republican delegates with him
>>
>>14364161
Where the fuck is my ova following Karaba?
They even get an excuse to reuse Amuro
>>
>>14364331
>titans civil war
Mite be cool
>>
>>14363937
thanks lad
>>
File: 1444364357128.png (170KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
1444364357128.png
170KB, 382x346px
>>14364295
How you considered that maybe it's done like that specifically to make it look gritter and sharp? That covered with the overall quality of animation is suited to how edgy Thunderbolt is. It's not just a problem about multiple levels of shading, nor is it trying to conceal that. They're lines. If you don't like it and need everything to be perfectly clean with five levels of shading, that's on you. Not every show is suited to that because the way things are done can bring out reactions very differently. Yours just happens to be buttblasted closed-mindedness.

>I had a similar reaction to the linework in G-reco
Even though it had none of the problems you described.
>It just triggered me so hard that I couldn't even get through a single episode
>It just triggered me
Excellent.

>>14364267
>>14364295
>>14364331
>these reddit posts
Fucking hell
>>
>>14365600

> thunderbolt is edgy and kind of dumb
> thunderbolts artstyle suits how edgy and kind of dumb it is

Its like poetry. Thanks for bringing it all together, anon.
>>
>>14364054
They have a history of lighting themselves on fire
Also remember that Islam is supposedly a religion of peace and look how that shit got distorted over time
>>
>>14365990
>Islam is supposedly a religion of peace
>literally the first thing they did was conquer Arabia
>>
File: page038.jpg (413KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page038.jpg
413KB, 847x1200px
>>14364250
Thunderbolt's version of A Baoa Qu is pretty dope though. Guntank gets used as a breaching vehicle/troop carrier

The rest of the story is dumb, but still entertaining as long as you aren't autistic
>>
>>14365600
>these reddit posts
What does that mean?
Articulate your opinions properly or gb2r
>>
>>14366051
>not immediately recognizing the post format
>deflecting this hard
>>
>>14366096
What does that even mean anon
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.