[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here on /m/ bought and played this game yet? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

File: Kirby-Planet.jpg (204KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby-Planet.jpg
204KB, 950x534px
Has anyone here on /m/ bought and played this game yet? It's fantastic. Nintendo pulled off Kirby's mech suit with absolute fucking aplomb.
>>
I pirated it when it came out in Japan, I beat it there and am now waiting for my actual copy to come in the mail tomorrow.
>>
I'll think about it when you rescue a copy of Code Name STEAM from the bargain bin where it has no business being.
>>
File: tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco6_400.png (182KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco6_400.png
182KB, 388x380px
>>14341306

If it's below full retail price, I'll probably buy it. When it was first announced I just wasn't interested, but I could see the appeal in it.
>>
>>14341283
I'm waiting to go to the mall tonight, since I'll be eating at a restaurant beforehand. From what I hear, Kumazaki shows even more than ever that he's the right man to helm Kirby games.
>>
I'm still on Stage 1 but it's perfect so far. The Robot is fucking great too.
>>
File: tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco2_400.png (184KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco2_400.png
184KB, 388x380px
>>14341533

The first boss is pretty cool. There's a couple of mini-bosses along the way that are fun too.
>>
>>14341283
Picked it up on lunch break, will be playing two hours from now.
>>
It looks like a bad attempt at trying to make the 3DS not look dead in the water. It recycles so much from Triple Deluxe that it's not even funny.

Yet they couldn't do a new Zelda Gaiden and make something creative with the LBW engine, instead they just made Tri Force Heroes which nobody likes.
>>
>>14341903
>Kirby game
>rashing assets and music
You don't say. That's surely never happened before in the history of the series!

>wanting yet another fucking Zelda game
Yeah, like the 3DS really needs a 5th fucking one of those.
>>
>>14341966
Not counting remakes and a co-op spinoff there's only been one. Meanwhile Kirby has had 5 new games in the same timespan, and they are all pretty much the same thing with minor gimmicks.
>>
>>14341973
There have only been 3 Kirby games this generation. Where do you get 5 from?
>>
>>14341977
>>14341973
You guys are missing the real issue here.

Federation Force.
>>
>>14341989

Federation Force looks fun
>>
>>14341966
>Yeah, like the 3DS really needs a 5th fucking one of those.
zelda is a yearly series mang, often times even getting 2 games a year. fags need their fix. kirby is for gaming gourmets who can wait however long is needed to sink their teeth into something genuinely new.

>>14341989
>Federation Force.
shit sux
>>
File: tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco4_400.png (196KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco4_400.png
196KB, 388x380px
>>14341903

You're a funny little man. This game is incredibly fun, and there's plenty of new stuff that makes Triple Deluxe look pretty mediocre in comparison.

Triforce Heroes was cool, and so was Hyrule Warriors. Why are you complaining?

Have fun playing the same shooter four times a year.
>>
>>14341283
>forgot to get it after work today
Damn.
>>
>>14341998
>This game is incredibly fun, and there's plenty of new stuff that makes Triple Deluxe look pretty mediocre in comparison.
That makes me kind of sad, because TD was super fun. Got my copy of Robobot but haven't opened it just yet. They play around more with the foreground/background stuff TD introduced?

>Triforce Heroes was cool, and so was Hyrule Warriors.
Oh, I forgot about that one. So the 3DS already does have 5 Zeldas.

OOT, LBW, MM, TH, HWL. Throw in the VC releases and you can basically play every pre-Gamecube Zelda on it. BUT WE NEED MOAR am I right?
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 512x384px
>>14341283
And still no new Advance Wars. Nintendo can eat a dick. Neo-tanks are /m/, yeah?
>>
File: tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco1_400.png (149KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8jf5l2Uzv1v1q7eco1_400.png
149KB, 388x380px
>>14342011

Yeah, there's still a lot of that. You need to pay attention if you want all the collectible doohickeys.

Also, I'm not saying TD was bad or anything, I loved it too. But saying this game is "a bad attempt by rehashing TD assets" is pretty stupid. I was just affirming my point.
>>
I pirated it when the .cia came out but I bought it anyway because it's Kirby, he never disappoints even less now he's /m/ as fuck.
>>
File: advance-wars-days-of-ruin-art-1.png (486KB, 594x394px) Image search: [Google]
advance-wars-days-of-ruin-art-1.png
486KB, 594x394px
>>14342012

Pretty much all of Advance Wars is /m/. My favorite was Days of Ruin because of the post-apocalyptic setting.
>>
File: 1435493600115.png (31KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1435493600115.png
31KB, 400x250px
>>14341283
I bought the Japanese one when it came out
That final fight against Star Dream is nuts.
I'll buy it again after work anyways.
>>
I thought Triple Deluxe was insane, then this game came out and went even further.
>>
>>14342150
Insane what? Insanely slow and easy?

I don't remember a Kirby game being challenging ever, going back to the first Kirby game on the Game Boy. Only "challenge" was getting all the Rainbow Drops to get the fucking sword in Kirby 2.
>>
>>14342298
Insane in the scale of the finale, Kirby has only been getting easier with more expanded abilities and since TD adding a dodge roll.
>>
This game is literally gurren lagann
>>
>>14341989

>yfw FedForce somehow turns out to be actually really good
>>
>>14342435
It is from Next Level Games, so that wouldn't be too surprising, since they did a decent Luigi's Mansion sequel.

>>14342298
Since when is the True Arena easy outside of using Stone?
>>
Just got through World 1.

Makes me wish even harder we could someday get a Drill Dozer sequel.
>>
>>14341903
Go way /v/, and take your negativity with you.
>>
>>14342012
>They didn't give me what I want, therefore they suck!
What a baby.
>>
File: Kirby-Planet-Robobot-Ann-3DS.jpg (64KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby-Planet-Robobot-Ann-3DS.jpg
64KB, 400x240px
Kirby and his robobot armor in SRW when?
>>
>>14341283
The game's alot of fun. I got it this morning and I've been playing it ever since.
>>
File: Kirby Riders.jpg (344KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Riders.jpg
344KB, 850x637px
We need more Kirby /m/ stuff
>>
>>14344721
I tried to imagine Kirby imitating the riders in "Kirby-speak" with his "haaaah"s and "hiyaah"s but had to stop because it was too adorable.
>>
>>
File: nvqu55.jpg (49KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
nvqu55.jpg
49KB, 853x480px
>>
>>14342695
>It is from Next Level Games, so that wouldn't be too surprising, since they did a decent Luigi's Mansion sequel.
They only seem to be any good when Nintendo is supervising directly. They also did a great job on that Mario Strikers/Football game back on the Wii, it even had a good online multiplayer of all things. Also that Punch Out reboot as well.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (888KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
888KB, 1280x720px
>>14342298
>I don't remember a Kirby game being challenging ever
There was also the post game challenge missions in Return to Dreamland which was weird seeing that game was so easy.
>>
>>14342046
I kinda wish they didn't do the "mysterious girl who is super important to the plot" schtick, but the overall product was pretty enjoyable. Need to replay the game, and probably get around to play the first Advance Wars.
>>
>>14344852
That is true.

>>14344855
It makes sense when you realize that Shinya Kumazaki seems to be a Super Star fanboy (or at least acknowledging that as the best entry). Any game he did that's not Canvas Curse is essentially a smaller version of KSS Ultra (which he directed as well, incidentally), although Return was more like Kirby's Adventure.

That said, he had no involvement in Rainbow Curse, but did get special thanks.
>>
File: 56819456_p0.png (2MB, 1412x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56819456_p0.png
2MB, 1412x1000px
>>
>>14345596
>or at least acknowledging that as the best entry
I mean, he's not wrong.
>>
>>14344795
I laughed out loud in real life when I saw this
>>
>>14342832
Hell just make a Nintendo exclusive SRW with Robobot, Arwings, ROB, Samus, and maybe Custom Robo for size SSS units. Could end with them fighting a NOVA/Andross/Mother Brain composite rotating head.
>>
>>14344795
I want one. What's the Kirby figure used?
>>
>>14346895
Don't forget that thing Pit uses in Uprising.
>>
>>14341283
Was gonna pick it up yesterday. Had a couple things to trade in towards it.

Girl at the counter said there's extra 50% on trade in starting Monday, asked her to give me trade in value for the stuff I have anyway. says it's 80 dollars.

Decided to just wait til Monday and pick Star Fox Zero along with it.

I sure hope it's more fun than Triple Deluxe
>>
>>14346931
Nendoroid Kirby
>>
>>14342046

I preferred the artstyle and fun character of the previous three, but DoR got the unit balance so goddamn perfect.

if only we had a game that took the best of both worlds,
>>
File: well_shit.jpg (56KB, 574x528px) Image search: [Google]
well_shit.jpg
56KB, 574x528px
>Died on the last round of True Arena again

Butts. My "plow through everything with Stone" strategy doesn't really work on those pillars. If you don't destroy the weak spot in one hit, they push you up against them and you pretty much HAVE to take damage.
>>
>>14347780
This time they threw in an insta-kill-goes-right-through-invincibility attack at the end of the True Arena just to flip off people like you who try and cheese things with Stone.

It's the best.
>>
>>14346895
Don't forget Dreamy Luigi.
>>
>>14347780
Try arrow. Invincibility + easier damage. The D's are a bit tough with it though just due to them mobbing you, and the final round is always gonna be hard. Try to save the potion for it.
>>
What's everyones favorite Robobot ability?
It might not be too exciting but i really think my favorite is Cutter. Really takes me back to Mega Man 2.
>>
>>14348116
I'm quite fond of ESP, and I like Mirror even though it's hard to use without getting hit.
>>
>beat the game with all cubes today
Man this was a blast compared to Td.
Why doesnt metaknight get a fucking mech in his mode?
>>
>>14348116
Doctor, since it's like you're playing Kirby with Dr. Mario's moveset in Smash Bros., but much improved.
>>
>>14341989
I'm excited for it. Gonna play it with my friend cooperatively
>>
File: XAz4xNGi_400x400.png (132KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XAz4xNGi_400x400.png
132KB, 400x400px
>>14352903
yeah, COD rocks!
>>
>>14348474
Because he's the ship captain. Kirby pilots the mech and he commands the Halberd.

Two different /m/ roles for two different characters.
>>
>>14352947
LOL how did you know my favorite game?
>>
>>14342745
But /v/ loves Kirby
Kirby threads on /v/ are consistently some of the most pleasant and on topic you'll find on the entire board.
>>
>>14353604
That's because Kirby is a well-rounded character..
>>
>>14348474
>>14352957
Plus, he's badass enough on his own. That aside, since Meta Knight and King Dedede had their own time attack modes, do you suppose that Bandana Dee will get one as well in the next platformer? He's pretty much been a cheerleader throughout the 3DS games.
>>
>>14353703
You know what I think would be a really cool way to update Bandana Dee to be more than just Spear Kirby with no floating?
A combination of Spear and Parasol.
>>
>>14353765
You're on to something there. Also, hope that Kumazaki is reading this somehow.
>>
It's just too casual for me, and I can't have fun with a game that doesn't challenge me. "Comfy" games really make me angry.
>>
>>14354000
Do True Arena with no cheating in healing items with Amiibo and say it's easy.
>>
>>14354000
You might enjoy the True Arena, where the all the challenge in a Kirby game is located, but you'd have to play through the entire game and some bonus stuff.

But even then depending on your skill level it may not be enough, but give it thought.
>>
>>14354006
>>14354009

The true arena is the equivalent to New game + in Dark Souls. Everyone heralds it as the "most hardcore awesome thing in the universe" when it's really just cognitive dissonance where people only really consider it hard because everything else is a movie or a bland shooter.

It also doesn't help the fact that to even get to this, I still have to suffer through what was basically a glorified tutorial, AKA the entire singleplayer. bad game design.
>>
>>14354013
Have you played the True Arenas in past games?
Just curious.
>>
>>14354013
Perfectly valid game design. Kirby games are fun all-ages platformers that give you two dozen different ways you can go through them. They're not...I dunno, I have no idea what you'd consider a challenging game if you think Dark Souls is piss-easy.
>>
>>14354018

Well, I'll be truthful with you, when it comes to Kirby, I don't even finish them half the time. if it was because they were too difficult, I'd give the games credit and consider them fun, but it's the same reason why I never finished Knack, or put down The Order 1886 before I even fought a second werewolf: I just didn't find any challenge. Robobot I gave a little more consideration for, but if this is the best they can offer, then I don't even think the other games are worth a replay.

>>14354021

>Kirby games are fun all-ages platformers that give you two dozen different ways you can go through them.
But are they challenging all the way through? Why must "fun for all ages" mean "casual beyond all measure"?

>I have no idea what you'd consider a challenging game if you think Dark Souls is piss-easy.
I'm a fan of shmups, Dwarf Fortress, certain Roguelike indie games, and etc. They don't rely on cutesy main characters and being "comfy'' whatever the heck that means. From the get-go you get rammed into a wall of difficult enemies and getting shot at left and right. The games never ask you to wait 5-10 hours to get to the actual fun.
>>
>>14354032
In that case, just stick to the spin-offs. While they're not platformers at all, they tend to lean more on the challenging side (especially Pinball Land).
>>
>>14354032
I recommend you stop using the word "comfy", it makes it really hard to take you seriously and calls to mind the continual shitstorm that's been ravaging /krg/ for the past eight months.

If you want a game that's supposed to be hard then no, Kirby isn't the franchise for you. Kirby's the sort of game I play when I want to take a break from hard games for a while and play an easy game.
>>
>>14354032
>But are they challenging all the way through? Why must "fun for all ages" mean "casual beyond all measure"?
Well, there's usually a hard mode unlocked after finishing the game.
>>
>>14354054

I only use the word comfy when it comes to a game that I don't think wants to challenge me. Animal Crossing, Kirby, Firewatch, Gone Home, Depression quest, Undertale, etc. You know, they focus on either "story" or "graphics" or "calming music" instead of skilled gameplay.

And no, I'm not trying to group Kirby with some pretentious hack games that you literally can't lose in. It's just a common trend I notice where, like you say, the game is just there to be cute and easy, instead of giving you a good bump in the rump. Just something I wanted to bring up.
>>
File: 1392148502463.jpg (24KB, 364x373px) Image search: [Google]
1392148502463.jpg
24KB, 364x373px
Just beat this. Poison is fucking ridiculous for Arena runs.

Also, that armor is a fucking bro.
>>
>>14341991
>>14349797
You shouldn't be lying to anyone like this. In what way does it look fun or good at all? Is it the fact that you can't explore at all like in every Metroid game? Is it the fact that you move at a slower pace than in any Prime game? Is it the enemies that just seem to mess around doing nothing before suddenly getting extremely aggro in their attacks to go back to doing nothing? Is it that ten minute boss fight where you attack the core for five seconds then retreat to a platform?

Honestly, what about Federation Force looks good at all?
>>
Robot form Plamo when?

Also, ESP is OP as fuck.
>>
>>14342046
I was kind of off-put by how needlessly depressing everything was even for post-apocalyptic standards fuck that mayor but Brenner and Lin are my favorite AW characters ever.

Also best themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH5-H3_5ISY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqHWATJ1k8
>>
>>14356433
>In what way does it look fun or good at all? Is it the fact that you can't explore at all like in every Metroid game? Is it the fact that you move at a slower pace than in any Prime game? Is it the enemies that just seem to mess around doing nothing before suddenly getting extremely aggro in their attacks to go back to doing nothing? Is it that ten minute boss fight where you attack the core for five seconds then retreat to a platform?
All that stuff looks like nectar for Prime fans who actually liked the gameplay in those titles. Hell, throw in some logs to scan and it'll be their GOTY.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.