[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Brave Raideen doesn't get more love? Because the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: fight_raideen.jpg (44KB, 400x437px) Image search: [Google]
fight_raideen.jpg
44KB, 400x437px
How come Brave Raideen doesn't get more love? Because the monster of day battles in it hold up very well and still look for a anime made in 1975, moreso then Mazinger or Getter's.
>>
Part of the problem is that the second half didn't get subs for the longest time, due to Starseeker having a beef with one particular episode (among other things she had to deal with), though it is back on track now.
>>
How can anyone tolerate Raideen for more than an episode?
>>
>>14337309
>Part of the problem is that the second half didn't get subs for the longest time, due to Starseeker having a beef with one particular episode

Wait what? Did it insult Starseeker's mother or something?
>>
>>14337356
No, she couldn't get over how insanely stupid it was (long story short: Akira gets blinded, so he doesn't tell anyone about it so his friends won't worry).
>>
>>14337374
Toei Mazinger and Combattler V had dumber plots then that.
>>
>>14337384
Like?
>>
prout
>>
>>14336251
I blame the translator.
>>
>>14337384
>Combattler V had dumber plots then that
nah
>>
When was the last time Raideen was in a SRW?
>>
>>14336251
>implying people care about Getter over the 1975 anime rather than the top tier manga
>>
>>14337527
MX?
>>
>>14337527
Card Chronicle if you count mobile stuff. If you're only talking REAL games, then Alpha 3, with MX being the last time it was in a standalone.
>>
>>14337403
Not him, but the one where Baron Asura frames Koji for killing a guy's dog so that the dog owner beats the shit out of him is dumber.

He beats him blind. Jesus.
>>
>>14336251
>How come Brave Raideen doesn't get more love? Because the monster of day battles in it hold up very well and still look for a anime made in 1975, moreso then Mazinger or Getter's.

It's old shit no one gives a damn about. Only italian graybeards even care for this shit.
>>
>>14336251
Forever forgotten
>>
As lately brought on QC guy for Raideen I can say it's very often fucking stupid and fucking not-Boss and his fucking steam tractor robot and its fucking music can fuck the fuck off
>>
>>14337735
>Italian graybeards
Also, Luurah, who is a Spaniard.
>>
>>14337705
It wasn't dumb within the episode's context. Baron Ashura tricked people all the time.
>>
>>14337509

it got really dumb when they got into the second half.

The Garuda episodes where decent. Hell Garuda didn't fuck around. He just straight up machine gunned Hyoma's arms off
>>
File: Shogun Warriors 07 00.jpg (308KB, 797x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Shogun Warriors 07 00.jpg
308KB, 797x1198px
>How come Brave Raideen doesn't get more love?
As far as the US goes it didn't get a very wide release. And the comics were pretty goofy.
>>
>>14337309
Mostly that, also had other things to work on that were more interesting. I just really, really hate the stock plot where someone does everything in their power to hide the fact they can't do something important.

Hopefully have another ep out soon, just had my summer temp job kick in so productivity is down this month.
>>
>>14337309
Did they not watch the show at all before deciding to sub it or something? Seems kinda weird a subber would just call it quits because they thought one episode was shit.
>>
>>14348743
It was the first show I subbed and I learnt this the hard way. Does that answer your question?
>>
>>14337705
Kinda reminds me of one show where the MC slapped a kid to motivate her to stop being in a wheelchair. Can't remember if it was Steel Jeeg or the oldest Cyborg 009 show, specifically - both of 'em had crippled kids in there somewhere, and everything just kind of blurs together for me nowadays.

>>14348789
And that reminds me of how the MST3K writers used to pick up movies blind until they watched Sidehackers.
>>
>>14337384
Combattler V has what is essentially that same plot... twice.

Once with Hyouma after an arm injury fighting Garuda and another with Chizaru and heart disease. Both times they don't tell anyone but still try to fight and drag the team down.
>>
>>14349363
>Kinda reminds me of one show where the MC slapped a kid to motivate her to stop being in a wheelchair. Can't remember if it was Steel Jeeg or the oldest Cyborg 009 show, specifically - both of 'em had crippled kids in there somewhere, and everything just kind of blurs together for me nowadays.
It was Jeeg, yes. Episode 6 is the one you're talking about.
>>
>>14337315
I honestly ask myself the same question.
The most boring Tomino's show, which is saying something.

Still, always a pleasure to have him in SRW.
>>
File: 1422774625401.png (2MB, 1250x2900px) Image search: [Google]
1422774625401.png
2MB, 1250x2900px
>>14353846
I figure he was taking his baby steps, since he had just started his "make shows like Go Nagai does!" phase. At least his mentor Nagahama took up the baton for the second half.
>>
File: oh wow.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oh wow.gif
363KB, 480x270px
>>14353867
>mfw Dokonjo Gaeru
subs when
>>
>>14353892
When somebody with enough balls to take on 100+ episodes steps up (most likely Nanto).
>>
>>14353914
I don't need all of them, honestly, I just want to see the characters more. The girl and frog are both pretty cute.
>>
I've seen Rahxephon, which was apparently heavily inspired by Raideen. Is Raideen as bad as Rahxephon was?
>>
>>14349363
Jeeg AND Mazinger did that. 70s Toei really fucking hated crippled girls.
>>
>>14354065
Differently bad.
>>
>>14354065
Rahxephon is actually good you dingus

Raideen has a major villain's death episode be a rushed MOTW fight then a pretty shit duel and then just after his dramatic speech OH LOOK ITS FUCKING TOTALLY NOT BOSS BOROT WITH HIS FUCKING CIRCUS MUSIC
>>
>>14353846
You say that, but I can't stand Raideen's theme song so it's even worse in SRW.

GOD GORGON is cool though.
>>
>>14354153
well hello there

https://youtu.be/GldA26Es_vg
>>
>>14354146
By any normal standards that episode should have been 2, I'm definitly getting undertones of there being orders to hurry stuff up. 28 managed to continue the theme by smacking you with the exposition bat in an amazingly unsubtle way. I mean it manages to dryly summarise what should have been hammy villainous exposition. Though by 29 we're back to MotW shenanigans.
>>
>>14354167
Oh my god, just kill me now.

END MY EXISTENCE RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>14354153
Using God or Demon as a BGM was a fantastic choice in MX, if only because you don't have to hear BAM BA BAAAMMMM every time you want to rape stuff with God Voice. Shame they never used the ending theme either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmshR2YRsK0
>>
>>14342839

Wrong. I'm not a Spaniard.
>>
>>14354153
Apparently the guy who wrote it just died
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-08/raideen-composer-akihiro-komori-passes-away-at-85/.102965
Ripip
>>
>>14348789
Yeah. Sorry I just kinda assumed people subbed things they enjoyed before and wanted everyone else to see it as well. Still even if you drop it I appreciate some subs over no subs.
>>
>>14355260
I enjoyed the first quater than Shin Getter subbed, I just assumed it would stay the same quality.
>>
>>14337374
Watching that episode at the moment. Holy shit this is so retarded. It's the dumbest shit I've seen in these shows. Not even Ginguiser pulled this shit.
>>
Back in 1975, Yusha Raideen was the top of the heap, and a most elegant design compared to its Go Nagai predecessors. I saw the show in 1976 on a UHF station in Westchester, NY...subtitled by a Hawaii TV station (the full run). Compared to every other animated show in the US and Japan back then, Raideen kicked ass. Still love it today.
>>
>>14359518
>Back in 1975, Yusha Raideen was the top of the heap

That's really not saying much. Nostalgia can be a powerful distortion field.
>>
>>14359356
>when you see the tears of time
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.