[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the macross MC's are teleported into an area where they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

File: macrossf_itsuwari_15.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
macrossf_itsuwari_15.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
All the macross MC's are teleported into an area where they have to fight each other to survive.

>The pilots are in their prime
>They are in the state/situation of their series where they are at their best, before being teleported. All have full ammunition, and any buffs they have are present here.
>This includes having their best VF's, with it's packs present if necessary.
>Only ends when there is one pilot alive remaining
>Basara is excluded automatically because that shitter is never fighting
>Non-MC's can join the dogfight, but only if you're ABSOLUTELY sure he can come out on top. Otherwise, don't state him/her anymore.
>>
>Non-MC's can join the dogfight, but only if you're ABSOLUTELY sure he can come out on top. Otherwise, don't state him/her anymore.

Max.
>>
Yeah, it's Max.
>>
>>14322459
>>Non-MC's can join the dogfight, but only if you're ABSOLUTELY sure he can come out on top. Otherwise, don't state him/her anymore.

Why do you allow this when you know it's just gonna make Max fags fuck up your contest.

>>14322471
>>14322483

See?
>>
>>14322492
Because i'm waiting for someone to prove them wrong.

You can do it anon. I'm sure someone at there can trump max.

If you read the rules you'd see how he can be beat.

The only one i'm still consistent on exluding is basara.
>>
>MC only
Isamu
>Free for All
Max unless they all join up and get the jump on him with Milia acting ass squad leader.
>>
Shin wins because Tori no Hito.
>>
File: 1219163007231.png (61KB, 586x867px) Image search: [Google]
1219163007231.png
61KB, 586x867px
>>14322511
>I'm sure someone out there can trump max
>i'm still consistent on exluding basara

Good luck with that.
>>
>>14322520
Wouldn't that be Sara and not Shin though? Hell, wouldn't Gepelnitch win then?
>>
Space or Earth?

Isamu is probably the best MC pilot technically, but he lacks actual combat experience. Roy from Zero and Hikaru at the end of SDF had seen a lot of shit by that point.
>>
Max would get asspulled by sayonara-alto with songbuffs or get wreckt by isamu.

Checkmate maxfags.
>>
>>14322542
Alto? Seriously? lol
>>
>>14322554
Salty max fag
>>
How is the answer not Basara? He piloted the non-Fire Bomber Valkyrie with a fucking Guitar.
>>
>>14322536
Isamu by the time of Plus had about 3-4 years of combat flight experience compared to Hikaru's 1 (give or take).
>>
>>14322567
He'd be unable to clear the

>only one pilot must survive to win

Basara is good, but the way he fights does not fit this scenario.

>inb4 he's going to sing the system out and break the roools with his animus supirisia

Whatever
>>
Isn't it canon Basara? Like, he does shit even Max can't do, and manages it without traditional weaponry? Or did no one watch 7?
>>
Does watching macross 7 turn people into brainless retards who can't read?

I already know the show is bad, but i guess the people in this thread confirms it.
>>
>>14322583
Max said that Basara is good and definitely has the potential to surpass him given time and practice. That being said, while Basara is a great pilot and is determined, does he have the will to kill that could surpass Max for sure?
>>
>>14322511

Harmony Gold will give up the rights before Max fags stop sucking his dick
>>
>>14322583
>he does shit even Max can't do
Not really.

When Basara tried to defold in a planet's atmosphere in The Galaxy is Calling Me!, he tumbled and crashlanded.
When Max did the same in 7's last episode on what is probably his first time flying the VF-22(And he sat on the captain's seat for god knows how long) and using the fold booster, he defolded with no problems and went for the Ace Combat tunnel run.
>>
>>14322606

Does Max fly his jet with a guitar?
>>
>>14322607
I wouldn't be surprised if he could.
>>
>>14322613
>>14322607
Max can do anything. You clearly haven't been into this series for long if you don't know this undeniable fact.
>>
>>14322607
>Implying that matters
Its like playing a non-Guitar Hero game with a Guitar Hero controller, anon. Map the controls and know them well and you can do it.

As far as we can tell, the hard part in flying a VF is not about controlling it(A fucking destroid pilot can do it), the hard part is surviving battles.
>>
>>14322529
Shin still flew into space in a wrecked VF-0 after Sara already left.
>>
File: Alto vs Brera.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alto vs Brera.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Alto can easily beat Max in his outdated fighter.
>>
>>14322626
But Max updates his fighters constantly.
>>
>>14322622
Shin is definitely the closest to indestructible, what with crashing every fucking plane he ever sat in and still managing to survive.
>>
>>14322626
>VF-22
>outdated
We haven't even gotten into the possible upgrades Max's VF-22 could have gotten. Its probably close enough in specs that specs doesn't actually matter in a fight between them.
>>
>>14322626
I never finished actually finished frontier, or seen the movies.

How good was Alto by frontier endgame?
>>
>>14322652
He still couldn't shoot down Brera, even when flying what is possibly one of the fastest and most heavily armed VF.
>>
>>14322536
Isamu soloed the fucking SDF-1 so flawlessly that Sharon had to resort to mind games to stand a chance, and then he survived regardless

Even if he didn't have combat experience, that's pretty damn good
>>
>>14322642
Max's planes didnt even have G-Force Dampeners in the cockpits, he'd be dead by 2fast2furious long before he caught up with Alto's super-high spec Super YF-29.
>>
>>14322621
>Its like playing a non-Guitar Hero game with a Guitar Hero controller, anon. Map the controls and know them well and you can do it.

But how well out the gate is another story entirely
>>
>>14322642
We see Isamu pilot a VF-19 with a super pack in the Frontier movies so the VF-22 is probably still pretty decent compared to the newest VFs.
>>
>>14322642

>VF-22

And this here's the problem with even the remote possibility in including Max in this discussion. Heck, how do we know at the time of Frontier that Max didn't get a hold on a VF-25? or a YF-29 (that Alto uses in the second movie)?

Although, I guess an argument could be made that at Frontier, he's no longer at prime condition considering, well, how old would he be? Thus he would be stuck with a VF-22.

Max should be barred from the contest, otherwise the MCs would get their shit wrecked.
>>
>>14322671
>how do we know at the time of Frontier that Max didn't get a hold on a VF-25?
The novelisation of the Frontier movie had Max and Milia appearing amongst the reinforcements iirc.
Does anyone know what they were flying?
>>
>>14322671
The rules at the beginning state that we have to see them on-screen.

Is he even in his prime during 7 in the first place? He dodges some shots and flies straight through a tunnel, nothing all that impressive, really. His prime was probably in SDF so he'd still be flying his VF-1
>>
>>14322679
I heard they were commanding red and blue Macross class ships.
>>
>>14322685
>nothing all that impressive
Its impressive if you realise that Max would have spent a lot of years sitting on the captain's seat without touching a VF, and that was his first time flying the VF-22, much less using a fold booster or defolding in a planet's atmosphere without crashing the VF.
>>
>>14322685

Well if he was stuck in a VF-1, that'd be a new can o' beans.
>>
>>14322679
Their red and blue VF-22's.
they flew so well that Isamu was very impressed by them.
>>
>>14322821

how come every time Max does anything it comes off less as being awesome and more as horrid fanboy fanfiction shite.
>>
>>14322626
>>14322664
>>14322660
In the same fighters, hime would get his sweet pretty ass handed to him.
>>
>>14322873
Brera is a top tier pilot with the added bonus of cyborg implants, it's not really something to hold against Alto.
>>
>>14322693
>>14322890
I imagine Old Capt Max would still have him outfoxed in sheer skill and experience.
>>
>>14322915

the writers like to wank him off I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Max is Batman. A character who was cool but then fanboy wanking turned him into a joke.
>>
>>14322927
If this was set in the "present" of Delta, Alto would have more of the advantage. He would be a more seasoned pilot and still in the prime of life by this point, whereas Max's age (20+ years since 7 and now roughly in his 70s) could be considered more of a liability.
>>
>>14322927
He was kind of a joke in the first place.

He was pretty much MC-material, ace pilot that rises through the ranks with a custom machine. But by putting him as a side character, they made him interesting because there's a degree of mystery around him due to the lack of focus(Where was the rest of his family, for instance)

In Macross 7, he is still sidelined, but we see the results of his skills and hard work, he's the captain of a fleet. However, his relationship with Milia is ruined, he's stuck on the bridge 24/7, and he couldn't simply get out and mop up the enemy in a VF.
A little something I've read that sums it up well.
>Max is thus still unable to move outside of the periphery because of his luck and skill; everything he earns through these (his family and rank) proves useless and he is now stuck on the bridge of a ship unable to even have a proper family life or the military career he desires.
>>
>>14322606

> When Max did the same in 7's last episode on what is probably his first time flying the VF-22(And he sat on the captain's seat for god knows how long)

Max and Millia both pilot Vf-22s in the secret and thought to be suicide mission in episode 42 or something like that.
>>
>>14322621

He doesn't just that though. In Dynamite 7 he flies stock VF-19 using an acoustic, which isn't just a case of button mapping, since there's no mapping going on.
>>
I'm going with Hikaru, I can't really say for Isamu because I haven't watched Plus yet.
>>
>>14322927
>but then fanboy wanking turned him into a joke.
How is he a joke? He is legitimately a god-tier pilot.

If there was a joke, it was that he was better than the actual main character
>>
>>14323389

Having just checked I stand corrected, it was Max and Mylene and in episode 44. Max does use a fold booster and reaction weaponry on his VF-22 though.
>>
>>14323392
>he flies stock VF-19 using an acoustic
He was flying it with regular controls there, but he didn't do much piloting in that.

He got to the whale, stayed in front of it, and sang.
>>
DD Ivanov was here
You kids with your new toys are all losers.
PS: I brought back Chuck Yeager from the past and gave him an SV-51
>>
>>14323449

Yes, but he can actually do it. He can sing, play a normal guitar and pilot competently all at once. Which is more than anyone else has ever done. Max included.
>>
>>14322459
Shirokishi-sama would easily stomp others with his superior VF and the power of KAZE.
>>
>>14323643
Heinz go to bed
>>
>>14322459
>Leon Sakaki
>takes out a YF-29 in a Zero in his first few weeks on Ouroborous
>>
>>14323662

It's a replica VF-0, not an actual one and as a replice probably has a lot of modern updates for the sake of health & safety if nothing else. He also starts the story having been shot down by unknown forces.
>>
>>14322660
He was never aiming to shoot down Brera. Besides, he killed 3 Ghosts in a single confrontation while Brera was shooting at him the entire time. Anyone who thinks that wasn't a good show of skill is delusional.
>>
>>14324330
Delta platoon is having a hard time shooting the wings off of other Valks while SMS pilots could hit the fold implant things on Vajra in Frontier.
>>
>>14323662
He starts the story getting shot down by a YF-29B dipshit.
>>
>>14324344
Which reminds me, do the 171s not have the plot convenient escape pods of the 11s from 7 or something? Does going Var make you too mad to eject from your plane? Hell, I don't remember any being used in Frontier either.
>>
Max is good enough to put on a coat and hat with VF-1 sausage fingers
>>
>>14322589
Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>14324366
The escape pod is redundant now that they have the EX-Gear.
>>
>>14323449

Not true. Putting aside that he has to fly in to an active battlefield to reach the White Whale, he has an extended fight with Graham before he ever sings to the Whale. During which he's singing. The battle is mostly portrayed in stills, but it does happen, it is implied to go on a while since it takes place across a good 10 minutes (with focus cutting to other stuff at times) and even in stills you can see him dodging a good bit and twisting the VF-19 a lot to do so.
>>
File: Super_Robot_Wars_3_Macross_7.gif (1MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Robot_Wars_3_Macross_7.gif
1MB, 320x200px
You Max supporters are thinking too small.

SRW Max, in Battle 7. One of the only times where a battleship can dodge missile barrages.
>>
>>14322459
It would get down to Max and Isamu. I don't know who to route for in that.

Basarra would be taken out in first round by all others teaming up on him. LISTEN TO MY SONG NOW B$#&@!
>>
>>14324555
>One of the only times where a battleship can dodge missile barrages.
This is just dumb. Macross dumb, so it gets a pass. But dumb none the less.
>>
>>14324366
Alto ejected from his VF-171EX, but that's because it was redesigned to use EX Gear.

Some cat dude ejected after Hayate shot his wing last episode.
>>
Isamu if we don't include Max.
>>
File: ppb%20go2_zpsls6sjbip[1].gif (304KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ppb%20go2_zpsls6sjbip[1].gif
304KB, 500x375px
>>14324563
It's either that or this.
>>
File: Isamu_Dyson_record.jpg (133KB, 680x594px) Image search: [Google]
Isamu_Dyson_record.jpg
133KB, 680x594px
>>14323003
This is why Isamu doesn't want to be promoted. Rather than get promoted he gets in trouble. When they really wanted to kick him upstairs he quit and jumped ship to SMS.
>>
>>14324753
Those operators sure know how to handle balls.
>>
>>14325530

> Isamu was on the Enter Prise
> Isamu was in both Delta Wars
> Isamu was in the Outer Spase Sience Force

So he was in Star Trek, Delta and some kind of Sentai?
>>
I want to say Isamu but the Durandal may be too much to handle and Alto himself is no slouch.
>>
>>14322620
except hold a marriage
>>
>>14322927
What writers? He's always been a side character.

>one moment of awesome in 7
>the writers like to wank him off

I don't know what obscure fan fictions you're referring to, but it's not their fault the Frontier writers made Alto a dull protagonist.
>>
>>14322567
>>14322583
Basara can't win the contest because of how the rules work, so he was exempted.

>>14322621
In Dynamite, he flies a Valk through a firefight while also playing a guitar on the side. Were this a challenge of pure piloting ability, Basara'd stand a chance - but the contest goes against his way of life and he'd rather die than take another life himself, so he would eventually do just that in this type of contest.

>>14325611
As of the last time we saw Isamu onscreen, he was piloting a Valk that has been stated as being up to date with the latest technology (literally seconds away on either side from the YF-29 being onscreen). Remember that.
>>
File: Isamu's YF-19 & YF-29.jpg (707KB, 997x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Isamu's YF-19 & YF-29.jpg
707KB, 997x1024px
>>14325611
Well, Isamu has his own Durandal, you know...
>>
File: TOY-RBT-2516[1].jpg (50KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-2516[1].jpg
50KB, 490x600px
>>14325710
If we're going by toys, Roy/SDF Hikaru has got a YF-29 too.
>>
>>14325787

Is it actually advertised as theirs? Or just in Skull Squadron colors. It's cool either way.
>>
>>14325828
I think it's just called the anniversary edition.
>>
>>14325787
Well if Macross 30's canon Isamu definitely got that YF29
>>
>>14325705

Basara doesn't want to shoot in 7 because he believes the war is pointless and fighting won't help do anything. Which is correct, but takes most of the show to bear out for everyone else. I don't know that he believes fighting full stop is pointless and if you're going to ignore that most of the rest of the people there wouldn't want to fight to the death and would just go home or something I've no idea why you'd exempt Basara and just let him out of it because he too wouldn't fight to the death.
>>
>>14325846

I thought he refused to use anything but a 19?
>>
>>14325849
Basara will win.
Suicide will eventually become preferable to listening to Planet Dance again.
>>
>>14324559

People canon tend to ignore Basara rather than attack him though. In the final episode of Dynamite 7 one of the poachers says he's being slow arming the reaction warhead because of that annoying song. He regularly appears in battles during 7 itself with both enemies and allies kind if ignoring him to fight each other. There's no reason to take out the dodgy but loud guy first when you can see he's not attacking - better to take out attaching people first.
>>
File: Best girl2.jpg (128KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl2.jpg
128KB, 500x659px
>>14322459

>All the other pilots start lusting after that Alto booty
In the confusion Alto murders everyone
You can't fight what makes your dick hard
The End
>>
>>14327279
This is the moment Michael starts wondering "Is it true that it's not gay if he's hearing a dress?"
>>
>>14327466
Pretty sure he's trying not to laugh.
>>
>>14327481
I'm trying to project here.
>>
>>14327481

those eyes do not say laughter
>>
>>14324555
Valstork is insanely dodgy in W
And then there's Mother Vanguard in @2
>>
>>14322667
>We see Isamu pilot a VF-19 with a super pack in the Frontier movies
Screenshot?
>>
>>14327625
Max and Milia was also part of the reinforcements if the novelisation of the movie is anything to go by.
>>
>>14322459
Original wins
>>
>>14322459
Max and Isamu and that's it
>>
>>14322459
>This includes having their best VF's
So, wouldn't the one with the newest one have a huge advantage? Macross' tech escalation is pretty fast.
>>
>>14325530
>>14325555

> INTEREST...GIRL HUNT
> SPECIAL ABILITY...RECKLESS RUN

> DISREGARD OF OPELATIONS...DEPRIVATION OF ALL HIS PRISES

Fucking Macross Plus RPG when?
>>
>>14325530

>08.09.2036 Planet-Hydra Civil War
>tfw Macross Plus predicted the Marvel Cinematic Universe plot lines during the mid 90s

We must find out who's responsible and make him tell us his secrets!
>>
>>14331182
>We must find out who's responsible and make him tell us his secrets!
Kawamori, I think its his stash of whatever he smokes.
>>
>all these Isamu fags
And what about Guld? He was always the better pilot. He only sacrificed himself because he knew he had lost the triangle.
>>
>>14331192
If we go by the best fighter they get their hands in animated series, Guld is stuck with the YF-21. The YF-21 is pretty great but I don't think it can compare to later ISC equipped fighters, especially since the lack of ISC is what did Guld in.
>>
>>14331220
It doesn't have to be ISC though, with the EX-Gear they can take a bit more Gs.
The VF-19EF/A, which Isamu flew in Frontier's movie, doesn't have an ISC, but has EX-Gear.
>>
>>14322663

The SDF wasn't actually aiming at him, just putting out saturation fire. A lot of the shots were not even going in his general direction. More importantly, when she was mind gaming him the SDF cut all fire. She even says herself she wants to give him his dreams by giving him that moment between life and death. It's pretty suggestive that she was never aiming to kill him, only to make him fear for his life.

Honestly I think it's entirely possible her entire plan was a ruse to make Myung a better person and push her and Isamu together, considering she just stops choking Myung and makes no effort to stop Myung killing her.
>>
>>14325883

How unfortunate.

Perhaps Song Energy may have shown its effects earlier if Basara didn't spend the first half of 7 immunizing the Varauta mooks against it.
>>
>>14331243

Actually, Isamu, when presented with the completed VF-19EF/A, requested the EX-gear be removed, much to the consternation of Neumann.
>>
>>14332098

There was an article in a Macross Chronicle issue stating that some Excaliburs were upgraded with the EX-Gear. Those that were not were due to the refusal of older/veteran pilots.
>>
So, barring max, is it basically Alto (Due to songbuffs and high tech machine) vs Isamu? (Just because its Isamu)
>>
>>14324467
>can't read OP's rules
>Basara is excluded
>"Of course its basara"

Fuck off retard

Go step on a lego
>>
>>14324555
Meh, dodgy battleships don't just do it for me.

I love battleships with high powered barriers more. No fucking evasion, just tank that shit and come out with 0 damage.
>>
>>14332135
Pretty much.
>>
>>14332135
>>14332304

Not really, it's Millia. And then Chlore, who was said in 7 to be Millia's equal.
>>
>>14324555
Which is particularly silly when you realize that it has 3L size and a base mobility value somewhere in the forties.
>>
Aegis Focker is the real answer here.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.