[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Might Gaine in SRW V They're doing it, they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7

File: ed2227d125070c41.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ed2227d125070c41.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>Might Gaine in SRW V

They're doing it, they're finally doing it.

finally a braves show that isn't gaogaigar again and it's one of the better ones in the braves series.
>>
Too bad Macross isn't in. It'd be amusing considering how the villains use music to power up their troops in the last arc.
>>
I really hope the Might Kaiser is there. It's my favorite unit from the series, in spite of not getting much spotlight since it's quickly replaced by the Great Might Gaine. It still gets some neat moments during its short run as the main robot though, especially the scene where it drills through Earth's core to go from Brazil to Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zwIkd6Xdc
>>
>>14313079
I'm kinda Okay without Frontier to be honest.

7 though yeah
>>
>>14313101

It makes a gravity train? Nice.
>>
It's always great to see the Brave series getting some new stuff.
>>
>tfw brave saga translations never
end my life
>>
>>14313101
I'd assume it'll be in there if they're putting Guard Diver in.
>>
I want Exkaiser in just for the yummy SRW-rendition of the OP.
>>
>>14313071
I was wondering what was taking so long after they started getting licenses to make SRCs
>>
Hoping for Grato Maito Gyn
>>
>>14313101
What'll be especially glorious is if they can include the finisher that's just every single mecha assembled into a train, which proceeds to run over the poor sap at the end of it.

>>14313584
Probably arm-wrestling with Takara Tomy for the rights. Those guys are protective of their IPs (mainly the Takara side), which is why stuff like Gorg and Galient took so long to get in. For the longest time, GGG was the only Brave exempt from this since it's at least partly owned by Bandai.
>>
File: Might Gaine 25_01(NoSound).webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Might Gaine 25_01(NoSound).webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>14313101

The scene I mentioned up there.
>>
File: Might Gaine 25_02_VP8.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Might Gaine 25_02_VP8.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>14315459

And the actual battle, which was rather short since there had been a bunch of battles before.
>>
Did Okiayu always voice Guard Diver?
Who voiced Battle Bomber by the way?
>>
>>14315503
Yup, he always did.
Battle Bomber is voiced by Makishima Naoki, who also voiced Gunmax in J-Decker and Sorakage in Goldran.
>>
Wasn't the ending for Might Gaine something like "you're all used by aliens to sell toys"

What if in SRW V they're like "you're all here because we want to sell video games", and the last boss is Tereda?
>>
>>14315742
Something like that, yeah, but it sounds A LOT better than it actually turns out and is something that only gets mentioned like five minutes before the final episode ends and isn't the huge 4th wall breaking mindfuck you'd expect it to be.
>>
>>14315742

It was pretty much fourth wall breaking. They're used by "Black Noir" to entertain audiences, and that's why there was a convenient escalation of the heroes and villains' arsenals with both getting more and more upgrades, and the final arc suddenly became darker because the puppet master thought it'd be more interesting if the show became a tragedy. Maito's past, from before the start of the show, is just a "setting" and was never real. Black Noir reveals that he's a 3d dimensional being manipulating that 2d dimension, and he's basically omnipotent.

However, the "Innocent Waves" amplified a a device used by Sari/Sally, the "Goddess of Victory" counter Black Noir's powers, and Maito and Gaine use the chance to destroy him, while Black Noir realizes that he was just another puppet in the scenario too.
>>
>>14315858
tomato
>>
>>14315858
That actually sounds cool.
>>
>>14315858
We played them like damn fiddles
>>
>>14315742
Bonus points if the Daitarn 3 cast is utterly confused, since they thought they were in an anime.
>>
>>14316060
But the ZZ cast is there, so it's clearly not an anime.
>>
>>14315858
I remember people were subbing it years ago, did they finish? Because now I totally want to watch it 'til that awesome ending.
>>
Wonder if this will bring back Might Gaine the trip friend of legend?
>>
>>14317311
One of Might Gaine's old soundtrack dumps is what brought me to /m/ way back in the day. Whatever happened to him?
>>
IS MAZINKASIER REALLY MIGHTKAISER?!
>>
>>14315858
for some reason the twist reminds me of Gakusaver's ending
>>
Since Space Battleship Yamato is in this does that mean ship-only series are fair game now?

DOES THIS MEAN THAT ONE DAY I CAN SEE GENERAL BUCOCK IN THE RIO GRANDE IN A SRW GAME?!
>>
>>14317348
Has anybody ever seen them in the same place at the same time?
>>
So, I want to watch a Brave series and I've only seen GGG, which one should I go for?
>>
>>14317798
J Decker. It's got good subs and the AI robots are even bigger bros than the ones in GGG.
>>
File: 9649b0459588d321da76a22126b8b8e5.jpg (681KB, 1000x1398px) Image search: [Google]
9649b0459588d321da76a22126b8b8e5.jpg
681KB, 1000x1398px
>>14317779
I really hope we can shift the Yamato pilots over to real mechs. Even the Gundam generics would be fine.
>>
>>14317815
When have playable characters ever been able to pilot stuff from completely different franchises?
>>
>>14317816
it happened in some of the pre-Alpha games, and even one or two times after(if I recall properly Cobray first shows up in Alpha 3 piloting a SEED MS instead of an Original unit)
>>
>>14317816
Almost never outside of Turn A <--> UC Gundam.

I think the last time someone piloted anything outside their series was over fifteen years ago, when OG characters would sometimes start off piloting UC Gundam grunt suits.
>>
>>14317859
I recall it being a MP Nu, but that doesn't change the fact that he used a non-original unit for like, a stage or two.
>>
>>14317859
>>14317867
>>14317869
In SRW 4, the main characters can pilot any Gundam.
IIRC, in SRW 3, the Raideen secondary characters can pilot a Combattler V mech (an original called Pantagruel).
>>
>>14317916
Wasn't Gostello from Layzner the final boss of one of the older games too, except he was in the Devil Gundam?
>>
>>14317859
Arado and Seolla use some Titans mechs in the first stages of @2. I think Arado uses a Hizack and Seolla a Baund Doc?
Aqua uses a Dragoon (from Dragonar) in a PSP-exclusive scenario of MX.
Ziene uses a Windam (SEED Destiny) in Z.
>>
>>14317923
Yes, he was the secret boss of Shin SRW. Devil Gundam even healed his facial scarring and removed the prosthetics.
We had things like Devil Axis and Devil Mass Driver in other SRWs, too.

>>14317932
>Ziene uses a Windam (SEED Destiny) in Z.
Isn't Ziene the sadist villain? I don't remember that.
>>
>>14317859
Kazuma (SRW W) pilots a Mobius (Gundam SEED) for a few stages.

>>14317939
In Setsuko's route, when the Orguss bomb event happens, Xine/Ziene is a squad captain in Orb or the Federation (SEED), I think. She uses the normal grunt portrait, but her voice is the same.
>>
>>14317939
She's the girl with the dominatrix outfit. Her sprite didn't show her entire face because it was disguised to be like a generic Earth Alliance grunt pilot, but her voice is the same, and she was noted to be there at the Space Time Oscillation Bomb detonation.
>>
>>14317950
If you use Kei (Orguss) to attack her in the stage where you can convince her, she'll say that she indeed was that captain.
>>
File: boddolezer.jpg (54KB, 400x191px) Image search: [Google]
boddolezer.jpg
54KB, 400x191px
>>14317939
>We had things like Devil Axis and Devil Mass Driver in other SRWs, too.
stuff like that is why I want a SRW with both G Gundam and Macross: Do You Remember Love? in the roster, so Devil Gundam can take over the Boddole Zer
>>
>>14313212
Me too, anon.
It's not much, but hopefully this will sate you til the day finally comes.

http://picosong.com/Zfix/

Sorry for the shit quality.
>>
>>14317916
>>14317923
>>14317932
>>14317939
>>14317947
Let's not forget Scirocco and Shapiro being two of the possible final bosses in F Final, piloting Valsions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7fy_DdzniU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMLwXDJNNI

Kaworu's the third possible final boss but he just pilots an EVA unit.
>>
>>14317798
Goldran is my favorite, best balance of plot and character, great villains, fun adventure plot, humour worked more often than not, etc.

Da Garn's also great, has the best plot and animation and really great music
>>
>>14317798
Goldran if you want fun characters, adventure and wacky hijinks

Da Garn if you want a more or less continuous story

J-Decker if you hate stock footage and robots with no personality

Dagwon if you want something more unique compared to the usual "robots with minds on their own"-shtick

Exkaiser, Might Gaine and Fighbird if you simply want MotW toy commercials in their purest, most generic form
>>
>>14317932
There are a few that only happen in cutscenes, like Kazuma using a SEED mobile armor during W's timeskip where he didn't have the Valhawk, or Rand briefly piloting a Walker Machine for Gunleon's power-up stage in Z (plus let's be honest, his Ranbolt Leon from Z3 is really just a Walker Machine)
>>
>>14315858
Wasn't there also a single frame slipped in during the scene of the Black Noir fight which actually had a message written on it showing the producers actual discontent with the higher ups?

I seem to remember a lot of discussion back in the day about it.
>>
>>14317247
Touche.

>>14317264
PDSG died years ago, anon. Doesn't help that lolfang did his own releases, but lost interest after a few episodes. Silver Castle showed interest, but went into hibernation, so sasword may possibly be the last hope (as soon as he's done with his backlog, of course).

>>14317779
It means stuff like Ace Combat and Gatchaman (assuming Tatsunoko isn't stubborn) can get in.
>>
>>14317798
Might Gaine is basically a super hero show with giant robots, including a rogue gallery and a few one shot enemies.

The villains are very goofy initially, and the show can get kind of stale, but I think there's a general improvement after episode 16 (Black Gaine), where most of the episodic plots become more serious and with better character work, while it also slowly starts to build up the final arc's main villain.

I think a big sign of that transition is Maito going from handing the pilots of the weekly mecha to the police to outright killing most of them in battle.

>>14317264
It has actual subs only up to episode 29. There's only HK subs afterwards which, although not as bad as the infamous Mazinger crabsticks, sometimes mess up tons of stuff, especially regarding proper names and any words borrowed from English.

>>14318431
>Exkaiser, Might Gaine and Fighbird if you simply want MotW toy commercials in their purest, most generic form

You must hate Gaine a lot to put it on the level of Fightbird (I haven't watched Exkaiser yet).
>>
>>14318667
Not saying it was bad or anything but it surely was one or two steps down from its precursor Da Garn.
>>
File: ZERO SUM GAME.png (584KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ZERO SUM GAME.png
584KB, 1366x768px
>>14318634
>It means stuff like Ace Combat and Gatchaman (assuming Tatsunoko isn't stubborn) can get in.
CUM HISTORIA intensifies
ZERO intensifies
COMONA SPACE CENTER DEFENSE
>>
Is Maito been a shirtless boy?
>>
>>14315370
But didn't Sunrise make all of these shows as well?
>>
>>14318667
Exkaiser is the most whitebread series of all Brave. At least Fighbird had the sense of making fun of the MC trying to fit in on Earth, Exkaiser doesn't even do that.
>there's a general improvement after episode 16 (Black Gaine)
You know a show is something else when goddamned Inoue heralds a better status quo change.

>>14318677
You can thank Takara for that. Supposedly, they hated plot and just wanted to have a toy commercial happen.
>>
>>14318697
True, but they don't own the toy rights. Hell, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece line is the only place where you can find modern transformable figures of Exkaiser and Dragon Kaiser/his upgrades.
>>
>>14318698
Exkaiser made fun of the villains instead of the MC, which worked better in my opinion
>>
>>14318702
What does toy rights have to do with SRW though?

Also, is Maito ever shirtless?
>>
>>14318697
Sunrise were only the contracted arm to create a cartoon for the toy companies (Takara, Tomy)

Takara had them make Braves
Tomy had them make Eldoran
Bandai had them make Gundam

Then in 1994(?) Bandai bought out Sunrise and made them a subsidiary.

I don't know if that was the reason, but we never saw any more Eldoran shows by Sunrise after 1994.
>>
>>14318698
>Exkaiser is the most whitebread series of all Brave
Something is blander than Dagwon?
>>
>>14318742
Oh so Sunrise became a part of NB after all that.

I assumed Eldoran had a good relationship, haven't pretty much all of them appeared in SRW by now?
But I thought Takara and Tomy were the same.
>>
>>14318736
I believe SRW is classified as merchandise, and so to be able to include someone's IP another company's product, rights need to be negotiated and fees need to be arranged.

Bandai / Sunrise shows are often fairly easy to get into SRW since it's part of the same umbrella company.

I've read that some anime have TV stations as stake holders in them, and some of them don't play well having their product appear in a Bandai products as Sotsu is an arm of Bandai, who are a rival I believe.
>>
>>14318755
Reading this makes me really impressed at how long the series has been running.
I'm still surprised though that they will go to Sega and even vocaloid before going to Capcom for series though.
>>
Has Maito been a shirtless boy?
>>
>>14318760
Well, the Namco x Capcom and Project x Zone franchise is just that - Them joining forces to create a cross over game.
>>
>>14318763
I was talking about the mecha games like Tech Romancer, Lost Planet , Side Arms and Cyberbots. All perfect fits for a SRW. Heck, even their other games like Mega Man and Darkstalkers could have been used.
>>
guya please help with shirtless Maito.

Or any shirtless MCs from Braves.
>>
>>14318634
>ac

pls
>>
>>14318753
Tomy got fused with Takara later on, so that's different. Plus it helps that Eldoran is much smaller than Brave (3 series + a manga/music video ad versus 8 series and a video game crossover spinoff).
>>
>>14318800
Jesus this is all so confusing.
>>
guya please help with shirtless Maito.

Or any shirtless MCs from Braves.
Pleeasse
>>
>>14317932
>Aqua uses a Dragoon (from Dragonar) in a PSP-exclusive scenario of MX.

Didn't she do it for half a stage or so in MX?
>>
Shirtless pilots please
>>
>>14313071
>tfw No J-decker to hear Igram voice
>>
Do we know if V is going to be a series or not? I have a hard time seeing a Yamato-level Voyage ending in one game, especially with some of the other stuff included.
>>
>>14319021
No clue, but at least some of the stuff folks wanted in the Z saga will be in (the "true power" of Mazinger, the Meganoids, and of course Might Gaine). One thing for sure is that the follow-up movie and second season are bound to get used, if so.
>>
>>14319242
Can't wait.
>>
>>14319021
>Do we know if V is going to be a series or not?
Stand alone especially with the amount of rehash from Z3 still lingering and the fact that there's no subheading (thank god)
> I have a hard time seeing a Yamato-level Voyage ending in one game, especially with some of the other stuff included.
Of course it'll end in one game because there's not much to cover to begin with and the fact that 2199 itself isn't done either so they're just going to cover the first season. One of the biggest problems with the every game after Z1 was how dragged out it was to accommodate to the yearly releases which fucked up the pacing. Something as shitty as Cross Ange doesn't need to be spread across two games and given that new entries like Hathaway's Flash, ZERO and Skull Heart don't even have plots it seems very likely that this is just a cheap standalone.
>>
>>14319021
>I have a hard time seeing a Yamato-level Voyage ending in one game, especially with some of the other stuff included.
How would you even extend Yamato through more than one game? In fact, considering how Yamato's plot runs, they pretty much need to cover most of its plot in a series of uninterrupted space stages, only being able to crossover with the plot of other shows that have deep space battles.
>>
>>14319338
>Skull Heart
Actually, it's Steel Seven that is units-only. >>14317169
>>
>>14319433
>Skull Heart has plot
INCOMING NEWTYPE MONKEYS
>>
>>14318234
That's pretty neato, anon. You got more?
>>
>>14317932
>I think Arado uses a Hizack
He uses a Zaku. The Titans are being dicks as usual so they give him a 10 year old mobile suit to see if he'll get killed.
>>
>>14315858
I remember watching the final episodes on christmas with /m/

;_; what the fuck did christmas do to you japan?
>>
Da Garn would make good choice for the next Braves in SRW
>>
>>14323284
Kou would think so too.
http://j2epro.(blog in the hot spot).ca/2011/09/translation-densetsu-no-yuusha-da-garn_14.html
>>
>>14319478
>the OG big bad is a Newtype monkey
>>
>>14319478
Dunno about the monkeys, but we do see Skull Heart-era Tobia in the promo, post-Amakusa scar and all.
>>
Anybody know where I can grab the soundtracks? I really want to get Lets Might Gaine and Great Dash
>>
>>14317932
Heero and Chicro both piloted Bonta-Kuns in Z3.
>>
So are the HK subs on BakaBT the subs to go for on this?

SRW V has given me a reason to stop being lazy and start working on my Braves backlog. Which is all of them except GGG.
>>
>>14324064
Since Might Gaine is the only one that isn't subbed in proper English all the way through, you may as well go through all the others first and hope that Silver Castle comes back to sub the rest of Might Gaine by the time you finish. There's still some time before V comes out.

I recommend going in this order:
1. Goldran
2. Da Garn
3. J-Decker
4. Dagwon
5. Exkaiser
6. Fighbird
because this order is also approximately the order that most people will rank the series in, give or take a few entries.
>>
>>14323683
Here: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=506434
http://fuck-yeah-yuushas.tumblr.com/post/48654581524/exkusukaiza-brave-series-masterpost-brave

Can't be too careful, since the torrent doesn't seed much atm.
>>
>>14323284
J-Decker too. Put it alongside Patlabor for extra mecha cop shenanigans.
>>
>>14324837
Can they also get Tetsujin?

I'd kinda like to see a united mecha police force
>>
File: 1458578398715.png (859KB, 717x538px) Image search: [Google]
1458578398715.png
859KB, 717x538px
>>14324837
>>14324944
Plus, pic-related.
>>
>>14324236
Goldran's very love it or hate it, I've seen J Decker and Da Garn recommended way more often than it is, let alone the likes of GGG. If Goldran clicks with you it'll click like nothing else in the franchise though, it's very much the Den O of the Braves series.
>>
>>14325640
I've seen a lot more praise for it than not now that its been fully subbed, probably since the latter half proved it could pull off drama pretty well too.

J-Decker was more like that for me. A lot of people really love it, but it just wasn't my thing. I need at least a little more overarching plot. I liked Exkaiser more just because it had a great cast of villains tying everything together.
>>
>>14325669
>I need at least a little more overarching plot.

The middle part of the show was a pretty large arc and the last part of the show is another large arc that ties the whole show together.
>>
>>14325716
Yeah, I know, I got through that middle arc, and it was nice, but I didn't figure it'd last. I dropped it around episode 30 once I'd gotten a good look at Fire J-Decker because I thought I'd seen pretty much all the show had to offer by that point
>>
>>14325669
It's the classic case of a polarizing show getting more appreciation as soon as legible subs come in (just look at Zyuranger and, to an extent, Goseiger). I have to wonder if the same can be said for Might Gaine soon.

>>14325640
>Den O
At this point, what else will get better subs before this does?
>>
>>14325777
Two major last arcs start in the 40s, that tie into each other. The first involves a few plots of aliens and ends with Shadowmaru fighting someone alone for a large portion of an episode (and completely forgetting he could go tank), and then a final arc that ties back to the middle arc (Who rebuilt Victim O'Rand?) and to the fact that there were a lot of Super AI crimes across the show, a lot more than there should have been.
>>
>>14325803
Definitely Might Gaine. Half the show has proper subs already and the rest of the Braves shows all got subbed in the space of a year. Den O's going to be redone from scratch and it's going to take a long long time before anybody pcks up that torch. Certainly not by that guy on tumblr who said he was going to resub it and then spent the last five years complaining at TV-N or loosing his shit because translating Yuusha as "Braves" was a hate crime against Native Americans.
>>
Man some of the animation in this game's trailer looks pretty choppy. Nu Gundam being the one that immediately comes to mind.

Still, surprised we're getting an ENG version of this too. Good time to get back into SRW it seems. Feeling pretty hype overall.
>>
>>14326070
>spent the last five years complaining at TV-N or loosing his shit because translating Yuusha as "Braves" was a hate crime against Native Americans.
What the fuck?
>>
>>14326294
Oh, and he got all butthurt when one guy subbed the first two episodes of Den O in a day and put out four episodes he'd done over two years just to go SEE I'M STILL WORKING ON IT THIS IS MINE YOU GO AWAY. And then he went straight back to doing fuck all.
>>
>>14313071
How powerful will Joint Dragon Fire be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFO2r28vzI
>>
>>14326443
Strong but not OP.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.