[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About a third of the way through ZZ and a question came to mind.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 31274512_p3_master1200.jpg (405KB, 727x727px) Image search: [Google]
31274512_p3_master1200.jpg
405KB, 727x727px
About a third of the way through ZZ and a question came to mind. Does Judau not have a rival? Rivals are established early on and yet no ones stepped up as far as I can tell. Unless it was supposed to be Mashymre? Dude didn't come off like he was one or was supposed to be one though.
>>
Judau doesn't deserve one
>>
Not really
Mashymre does come back though, and there's a few other notable Neo Zeon pilots that stick around for a while.
>>
>>14301039
wowee Im sorta gay for Judau now
>>
File: image.gif (40KB, 385x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
40KB, 385x550px
>>14301039
In a way, Beecha is his rival.
Beecha wants to proove he's better than Judau in combat, but he fails when he tries. Kind of like Hayato towards Amuro in 0079.
>>
>>14301039
>Who Is Haman Karn
>>
>>14301039
Mashmyre serves as his Jerid, albeit a more comical one, and eventually Haman serves as his rival of sorts.
>>
>>14301039
Haman, kind of. But it only comes into play later in the series, so it doesn't fit the rival archetype too well.

ZZ in many aspect trailed a different path from both 0079 and Zeta, to varying degrees of success. I do like he does not have a rival that he fights frequently, in Zeta that really did not work out with Jerid, and maybe they wanted to have this series go without a big rivalry because CCA was already greenlit and they wanted to give this trope a break.
>>
>>14301359

Char was supposed to teach him by pretending to be a rival. Then CCA happened, and I don't think Tomino was concentrating on ZZ much after that. It just seems to have been given after thought and left to run since CCA was the new big project.
>>
>>14301039
That doesn't even look like Judau.
>>
>>14301359
Jerid was great
>>
>>14301102
Is it cause of the legs?
>>
judau doesn't need one
>>
>>14301039
Glemy may be some kind of a rival.
>>
>>14301377
Man, once again CCA ruins everything. That plot would have gone well with the early comedic tone.
>>
>>14301320
Haven't seen Beecha do any combat stuff yet aside from shooting dummy asteroids. Why is this kid a proficient marksman again?

>>14301377
>It just seems to have been given after thought and left to run since CCA was the new big project.
How does that work again? CCA's like 2 hours long. I mean I know a lot of work goes into movies, but so it does for year long tv series as well. Besides, aren't series usually planned out from the start with very little wiggle room to change things? If anything it seems like he'd have needed to put more time into ZZ once CCA got cleared to go, since he'd have to go in and change a bunch of stuff which had previously been set in stone.

>>14307217
He seems more like he'd be Roux's rival than Judau's.
>>
>>14307431
Well, I think that Roux wasn't a rival herself, but a living reason for rivalry.
>>
>>14303534
Its more of a youthful exuberence thing. The legs do help though
>>
nah judau doesn't have mask man rival.
Haman and Glemy are the big bads with judau being at little soft on haman. his only rival is beecha since beecha tries to dick him and the argama over several times over jealously that jewdough gets all the ladies and even once beecha joins it continues but eventually he gets that elle pussy and he chills out. Mashymyre is only devoted in his one way love for haman and has no personal vendetta
>>14307431
Glemy just has unrequited love for roux. honestly thinking about it all the romance in ZZ is all unfulfilled except beecha and elle (she wanted judau though). haman doesn't get judau, glemy gets the ultimate blueballs by roux. mashy martydoms and haman doesn't bat an eye. mondo's girl is killed by a rock. Emary couldn't get bright to cheat on mirai. Judau just kinda ends up with roux even though there is no build up to that.
>>
>>14307431
Glemy is a stand in for Char because he suddenly jumps form one of mashymeres underlings to some high ranking officer for no given reason also how haman is just oblivious to glemy is crap writing
>>
>>14301039
The ZZ Gundam itself is his rival.

Deep.
>>
>>14307576
Reminder that it is not random in how Glemy goes from a grunt to a high ranking officer
>>
>>14307431

The lack of wiggle room to make changes possibly explains ZZ rather than exempts it, because Char was supposed to appear in the back half of the show and cutting him along with majorly changing the story with little wiggle room so that Char can appear in Char's Counterattack in a much different role is going to leave some major scarring on the script that would require heavy re-writes. Which, if the director, and, as far as I know, head writer too, is busy at the time with another project and putting more time and energy in to that, could result in him not giving 100% to ZZ and the entire thing coming off as second place to his main project because of it. Explaining why ZZ really doesn't tie much in to the the other early to mid UC works Tomino did, why Judau and Roux hook up inexplicably at the end, why we have people being killed by rocks that don't hit them and so on.
>>
>>14307576
>jumps to some high ranking officer for no given reason
We know the reason: he's a noble. Zeon has that weird meritocratic aristocracy thing going on where distinguished individuals are given an hereditary preferential status. I seem to recall that Glemy is also supposed be either Gihren's bastard or clone... although that's not broached seriously during the show. Although, Glemy's mother's advice does sound like the kind of woman who wants her son to grow into a Gihren-esque character.

Chances are that Glemy was supposed to play a role in Char's coup; however, as we know, plans were changed to accommodate CCA.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.