[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read Front Mission Dog Life Dog Style and try to understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: original (1).jpg (576KB, 1456x1090px) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
576KB, 1456x1090px
I read Front Mission Dog Life Dog Style and try to understand why the six-meter Wanzer has such small-caliber gun? They can really destroy something?
>>
>>14282785
What's the caliber?
>>
>>14282785
Realisticuckoldry sometimes goes a bit too far, you see
>>
off topic

Where do you guys download manga? I see online sites like mangafox, but I don't want that. I want nice cbz/cbr files in higher quality.
>>
>>14282785
While it looks small in comparison to the body, that's still a pretty large-caliber gun. Looks to be 30+ mm, which can definitely put a dent in lightly armored vehicles with the right kind of ammo.
>>
>>14282862
I usually get them from the scanlator's website or when they upload to filesharing sites.
>>
>>14282785
When it comes to combat vehicles, you either go autocannon or you go big cannon.
A Wanzer couldn't possibly onehand a 100-120mm cannon, and these can't rapid-fire, so the best they can carry is 20-40mm autocannons like most IFV. This isn't a small caliber by any means, it can penetrate even up-armoured IFVs with AP rounds.
It will do jack shit to MBTs, tho.

Something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M242_Bushmaster but with rifle form.
>>
Same reason Battlemechs carry machineguns. To get rid of those pesky infantry!
>>
File: GAU-8.jpg (205KB, 1800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
GAU-8.jpg
205KB, 1800x1150px
>>14282785
An A-10's 20mm cannon can rip tanks up. Though there's no way a Wanzer could carry the Gau-8 I guess. Maybe they have the power of the Gau-8 in a smaller form factor. They have walking robots after all, it's not much of a stretch to imagine they have enhanced ballistics compared to us.
>>
>>14282785

I hope that photographer has ear protection
>>
>>14283067
>can rip tanks up
I hate to be that guy, but it no longer can. That may have worked against 70's versions of T-55 and maybe T-72, but it can't really penetrate modern tank armor.
Besides, the autocannons mounted in aircraft are usually less powerful than their ground vehicle variants, even within the same caliber. They tend to use shorter rounds with less recoil.
>>
>>14282785

this art looks really off
>>
Keep in mind that in the FM universe, only armies have Wanzers, with a few exceptions, and even then the bulk of their military isn't made up of that.

That weaponry is for non-Wanzers.
>>
File: 20mmApplications3.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
20mmApplications3.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>14283067
>An A-10's 20mm cannon can rip tanks up

Correction: the A-10 had a 30mm gatling, the GAU-8.

Most fighter planes have 20mm gatlings, like the M61 Vulcan.
>>
>>14283079

IIRC photographer is a ghost or something like that.
>>
File: 007_p005.png (4MB, 3014x4320px) Image search: [Google]
007_p005.png
4MB, 3014x4320px
>>14283245
actually, Wanzer can be equipped with a fairly powerful weaponry
>>
File: 041_p039.png (3MB, 3014x4320px) Image search: [Google]
041_p039.png
3MB, 3014x4320px
>>14283325
>>
>>14283242
If this Wanzer about six meters in height, it turns out that his caliber autocannon about 30mm (if caliber guns from tanks 105mm)?
>>
>>14283325
Yeah but that's a zenith and using one is cheating.
>>
>>14285021

Caliber isn't everything, when it comes to penetrating/damaging a target.

Muzzle velocity is pretty important as well, for all we know a Wanzer's autocannon could be firing very high velocity projectiles.
>>
>one of the guys who vehemently hates Getter for no reason likes Front Mission
That is comical.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.