[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The funniest anime of all time >Is considered bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (43KB, 429x165px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 429x165px
>The funniest anime of all time
>Is considered bad
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>14275721

Why do we have to share your opinion on an inherently subjective thing like comedy? Do you hate opinions? Personally I think Xabungle is a far better mech comedy.
>>
ZZ is the Jar Jar of Gundam.
>>
ZZ is the most comfy Gundam.
>>
>>14275727
Didn't watch Xabungle yet, but I'm watching Daitarn right now and that seems funnier than ZZ.
>>
>ZZ
>funny

ayyy lmao
>>
>>14275721
>funniest
It's not even the funniest Gundam you shitlord
>>
>>14275721
>ZZ
>Anime
Pick one
>>
File: pedro.gif (2MB, 325x240px) Image search: [Google]
pedro.gif
2MB, 325x240px
>funniest anime
>ever
ZZ wasn't even that funny, why even say such a thing?
>>
>>14275721
It only really became good when the comedy began to take a back seat to the plot, around episode 20 or so.
>>
File: Xabungle.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Xabungle.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>14275721
>ZZ Gundam
>funniest anime of all time

Motherfucker, it's not even the funniest Tomino anime of all time.
>>
File: 1313796854694.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1313796854694.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>>14275721
>anime
>>
>>14275754
Rewatching it, there is one thing I find weird about ZZ compared to Tomino's other more explicitly 'comedy' series - the comedy in it feels less self-aware than the bits in Daitarn and Xabungle did.

Which might be just as well, since that'd play really awkwardly with when it decided to go serious later, but it does lose some of the identity of Tomino's comedy as a result.
>>
Funny?

I'm only 8 episodes in, but there's a lot more I've found serious and twisted than "funny". Gemon may be a fat fuck but the dude threatened a school full of people. Meanwhile, Bright is literally bribing children into becoming soldiers for a military faction they may or may even not give a shit about. Oh, and the previous series protagonist is still a goddamn vegetable despite the supposedly "great" doctors Shangri-la allegedly has.
>>
>The funniest anime of all time
Your pic is not Cromartie, OP.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>The funniest anime of all time.
Wrong.
>>
>>14275721
ZZ isn't anime you dumb faggot.
>>
>>14276130
>ZZ isn't anime
ha ha

so fahknee and kleevar
>>
>>14275815
Self-aware humour is awful. There's nothing worse than seeing some masturbatory 4th wall breaking with characters commenting on meta shit that doesn't mean anything in context (I get enough of that on this board), thinking they're so clever because they're aware of their nature as fictional and telling you what to feel with their asides

Good humour comes organically from the situations the author writes, not the very status of a story as a story
>>
>>14275721
People don't hate Xabungle though.
>>
>>14275882
He gets a little better as time goes on.
You can't just un-veggie a person, anon.

I liked ZZ.
>>
>>14276222
>He gets a little better as time goes on.
I'd hope so. But if this series was the barrel of laughs people make it out to be, then he'd be up and about palling around with everyone.

I'm liking ZZ too however I'm quickly finding it to not be the fun & games non-serious show it was hyped up to be. Just because it isn't as bleak as the final few episodes of Z doesn't mean it isn't bleak.
>>
>>14276216
my nigga
>>
>>14275721
ZZ has funny moments but those early fucking episodes are the worst, where half the humour comes from Beecha and Mondo being huge faggots, then apologizing and being forgiven by the end just to ruin everything in the very next episode.
>>
>>14275721
I think a lot of the hate is from the extreme mood whiplash a lot of people got from going from the final episode of zeta to the first episodes of ZZ. I honestly can't think of anything else that has such a sudden jarring change of tone like that.
>>
>>14276602
It's just too jarring not just coming from the ending of Zeta but from any Gundam series. The looney toon sound effects they made when characters tripped over was just too much to take in, especially if ZZ isn't your first Gundam.
>>
>>14275815
It is self aware. He's making fun of Gundam
>>
There's no such thing as good Japanese humor, you can't prove me wrong.
Literally the unfunniest country after Germany
>>
>>14276872
But Germans are hilarious
>>
>>14275776
The English language versions of Excel saga, Ghost Stories, and Golden Boy are some of the funnies anime I've seen.
ZZ wouldn't even be in my top 10 funniest.
It's not even trying to be funny for 95% of its actual runtime.
>>
ZZ is the must gundam of gundam
>>
>>14275721
ZZ sucks.
>>
>>14275721
>>The funniest anime of all time
Come on now. I like me some ZZ but you're taking it too far.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.