[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got done reading Eden - It's an Endless World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

So I just got done reading Eden - It's an Endless World! after binge-reading it these past three days

And I just

I don't know, I just want to talk about it with other people and try to forget the parts with the blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKEbnS1eBE
>>
And I just realized, my biggest question about Eden is how the hell has it not been picked up for animation? Do studios not want to make money?
>>
I liked the sexing parts best.
>>
>>14267240

They were pretty good, though I wish Endo gave his women any other bust size beyond "small"
>>
>>14267086
>>
>>14267090
Because it's old now.
And the age of 80s OVAs is over.
>>
Eden is by far my favourite manga and th only one i physically own.
Other than story being great, action scenes are insane and i love everything that involves cyborg soldiers.
>>
>>14270423
Jesus fuck that shit taste
>>
>>14270422

But Ghost in the Shell is constantly getting adaptations and is even older than Eden. What does Eden do wrong that Ghost does right?
>>
>>14270430
Eden never got a big budget movie adaptation done by a famous director that would gain widespread adoration in the West and in Japan.

Also there's probably too many whores and drugs for Japan's taste.
>>
>>14267086
I really like the ending tho, its kinda bittersweet but at least he die in a place he met his future wife
>>
this manga really makes a realistic south america.
>>
>>14270602

>No good people
>Everyone on drugs

Yes, very realistic
>>
>>14274285
Also the most realistic depiction of Jesus, what with him being black.
>>
>>14274343

Wait, when did Endo show a black Jesus?

I remember the Jesus that got stoned, but not the black Jesus
>>
Don't need no ticket, just get on board.
>>
>>14274350
The series had a techno-Jesus of some sort who interacted with the crystaline hivemind, if memory serves me right.
>>
File: Takeru's PTSD.png (368KB, 896x717px) Image search: [Google]
Takeru's PTSD.png
368KB, 896x717px
>>14267086
you're not the one with those feels, anon.

& also
> tfw Elijah's young sister dead when mission almost end.
>>
>>14274536

Oh, oh, oh, you meant Maya?

Maya isn't Jesus, he's the Savior of Gnostic tradition.

There's a difference.
>>
>>14275187

POP!
>>
>>14274516

It's a good song, doubt it'd be included in any unlikely animation
>>
>>14267086
its a very depressing series, characters die left and right.
>>
>>14267086
This series was shit.
It was better when it was an Appleseed rip off, but then it just goes full retard right up until the ending.
>>
>>14278101
Smartest comment in this thread. What a pile of pretentious crap this series turned out to be.
>>
File: sad Guts.png (994KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
sad Guts.png
994KB, 1000x1016px
>>14275263
fuck you anon, don't post that depressing scene.
>>
couldn't bring myself to finish the manga after enough characters die :/
>>
>>14278119
thing is, that shit is published in magazines that often have polls that put a lot of pressure on the mangakas. If they don't come up with ways to make their stuff "fresh and surprising" every once in a while they can get their shit cancelled.
>>
File: Lethia.jpg (455KB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Lethia.jpg
455KB, 1118x1600px
Would you date a Brown Cyborg women?
>>
>>14285833

Depends on how extensive her pleasure centers are cyborized
>>
File: eden_v11_c72_089.jpg (261KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eden_v11_c72_089.jpg
261KB, 842x1200px
>>14285937
Don't be picky anon. she is fully capable of the function know as sex!
>>
>>14285833
looks ok to me, lighter brown better.

wish she could make me forget those feels that i never asked for.
>>
>>14285988
You should read official scans of the first 12 volumes. Translation is better and so is the resolution.
>>
File: Tumbling Down.gif (106KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
Tumbling Down.gif
106KB, 432x432px
Are you that one anon who asked about buying the manga earlier in the month?

We did tell you about the manga bro
>>
I'm still mad that best girl dumped Elijah for someone else only to be killed shortly after. Wth was that for
>>
>>14286189

She was a whore. As big as Endo's soft spot for prostitutes are, he couldn't sell if "Best Girl" was a literal whore.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 673x345px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 673x345px
>>14286485
But the girl who replaced her was also a whore, just not a professional one.
>>
>>14286931
Are they even together at the end? I vaguely remember Elijah being a shell of himself and she visiting him in the hospital
>>
>>14287374
>>
>>14287400
Oh, well, good for him I guess.
>>
File: img000003.jpg (164KB, 702x1100px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
164KB, 702x1100px
>>14267086
Fuck you anon, I didn't need to remember these feels.
>>
File: I want off this ride.jpg (190KB, 701x1100px) Image search: [Google]
I want off this ride.jpg
190KB, 701x1100px
>>14278101
>>14278119
>>14282016
I never understood why Nips love that transcendental end of the world crap. The beginning was so grounded and compelling, but by the end its so abstract and disconnected from the original story you become completely indifferent to what's happening. Who really gives a shit about Gnosticism anyway?
>>
>>14287600

I'm confused why the "Ultraman/Kamen Rider/etc. are true history" is such a common joke in Japan.
>>
File: sad old Veteran guy.jpg (79KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
sad old Veteran guy.jpg
79KB, 700x466px
>>14287400
> lost 3 family members, in gruesome ways

being Elijah is suffering ;__;
>>
>>14289090

To be fair, he got off lucky as fuck compared to everyone else.

>Still alive
>Hot wife
>Lovely kid
>Still has all his limbs

There's few characters that can claim that at the end of Eden
>>
>>14289842
at the price of what he suffers before he get lucky in the end, it's pretty depressing to be said.
>>
>>14287606
I never understood why realisticucks have this autistic reverence for fiction being "grounded". It's far and away more obnoxious and boring than anything you said.
>>
>>14275249
Wasn't he, like, a cyborg or whatever?
It's been pretty long since I read it.

>>14275263
>>14275187
Can't say I wasn't expecting something like that deep down. It's like the scene with the sniper duel and girl on a mine, innit?
>>
>>
>>14292102
>girl on a mine

Fuck, I don't want to remember that... She was a good girl, she didn't deserve that...
>>
>>14278101
>It was better when it was an Appleseed rip off
So, the first chapter?

>>14292126
In this series, generally, people who don't deserve shit get it and those who do - don't.
>>
Just started reading this a few days ago. Kinda hard to keep track of who's who at times, with how suddenly it'll jump to a different time period. Especially when Elijah is introduced, and the last thing we saw before it was his father and mother(?) leaving that compound as young teenagers.

It's like, you just got me invested in these two on an emotional level, then immediately dump me to like 20 years later. Kinda jarring in a way that wasn't really necessary. I'm still hoping it all wraps up nicely before the end. Like, it's a stylistic choice and we'll get all the missing stuff in flashbacks, rather than just a bad writing choice.
>>
>>14292946
Yes.
>>
>>14292132
>So, the first chapter?
Yes. I have no problem saying that everything afterwards was a steady decline into absolute shit.
>>
>>14292946
>I'm still hoping it all wraps up nicely before the end.
Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>14292946
>Kinda jarring in a way that wasn't really necessary

How can you make that judgement when you haven't even finished the work.

When you get to the Airport Scene you'll understand why it was the best choice of a time skip.
>>
>>14293075
The decline only really begins after volume 8 where it reached its peaked with the drug cartel arc then the timeskip happens and its just a fast decline until it becomes shit starting with volume 15. I think Endo realized somewhere down the line he fucked up and the story became way too big for him to handle which is why I'm glad Meguru was a simple coming of age story about MMA fighting
>>
>>14293272
>I think Endo realized somewhere down the line he fucked up and the story became way too big for him to handle

Elijah ultimately becoming irrelevant and his dad coming back out of nowhere in the final two volumes despite him doing nothing with him since the beginning kinda cements this. The manga would have been much better if he had scaled it back to Elijah's adventures in South America instead of becoming a rift on End of Evangelion.
>>
>>14293075
I can kinda see where's that coming from.
Alas I'd be far from saying it was shit, but the metaphysical shtick proved to be underwhelming.

>>14293272
>I'm glad Meguru was a simple coming of age story about MMA fighting
Going to check this one out.
The only other Endo thing I have is his "short stories" book. It's pretty good too.

>>14293286
>>14293272
Also, didn't he took very long to finish Eden anyway?
>>
>>14296083
Endo is at his best when his stories are grounded or has a small scale. Some people hated Meguru because it wasn't as "epic" as Eden but it played off his strengths as a writer moreso than Eden did, it definitely felt a lot less schlocky that's for sure.
>didn't he took very long to finish Eden anyway?
It was 18 volumes or so but the last two volumes definitely felt rushed given he had to make up a bad guy out of nowhere.
>>
>>14296429
Dunno, but I read somewhere about him taking his sweet time with one of his mangas. Maybe it wasn't Eden, though.

>Meguru
>MC's popular with girls
Don't think I'll be able to sit through that.
>>
>>14296620
Compare to Elijah "I can make any girl climax and I slept with a prostitute every day when I was 15" Ballard?
>>
>>14298754
>I can make any girl climax

It's not that hard, bruh
>>
>>14299616
Found the virgin
>>
>>14298754
Elijah was hardcore, Meguru is a shmuck (with a gimmick apparently).

Anyway, after reading about 300 pages I must admit I am hooked. Even tho Endo's sameface everywhere and his "detached schoolgrill who is a great fighter" trope. I swear, half his short stories in the Short Stories book had this too.

>>14299616
Sure.
It's actually talking to one the hard part.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.